IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 11: Future Baby Mama

samurai_sarah

DFOF just posted Spud's 1 year photoalbum and one photo is PURE Jessa at the TTH - feet up and taking pictures of her son.  It picture number 6 :D 

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Pasta said:

She wrote a letter about Spurgeon. It's probably the most thought out thing I've seen from a Duggar. 

It didn't even mention God until the end!

9 minutes ago, Pasta said:

She wrote a letter about Spurgeon. It's probably the most thought out thing I've seen from a Duggar. 

it's very sweet, and it's interesting to see that she seems to cherish even the "misbehaving"

I was shocked at how many milestones and how much she seems to be cherishing her time with him. Knowing that it goes all too fast. Good on you Jessa! That was actually beautiful! 

Is it just me, or does Jessa's birthday wish from her parents look like they just checked the website for what she's been doing the past few years in terms of media and conference appearances, threw in a few fundie compliment words, and called it a day?

It's a pretty stark contrast to Jessa's message for Spurgeon, which is quite heartfelt, sweet, and personal.

I really do think Jessa is completely enamored with her son. It's awesome to see how well she has taken to motherhood. I sincerely hope that as their family gets bigger she and Ben will take the time to get to know each of their children in the same way.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Is it just me, or does Jessa's birthday wish from her parents look like they just checked the website for what she's been doing the past few years in terms of media and conference appearances, threw in a few fundie compliment words, and called it a day?

It's a pretty stark contrast to Jessa's message for Spurgeon, which is quite heartfelt, sweet, and personal.

Yeah it was kind of sad to see what is posted for each Duggar child on their birthday. They really don't get much that says anything about them. Which is in huge contrast to the massive letter that Jessa posted to Sprugeon. I think she actually liked thinking about the past year with him and I hope that it continues with each child. 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yeah it was kind of sad to see what is posted for each Duggar child on their birthday. They really don't get much that says anything about them. Which is in huge contrast to the massive letter that Jessa posted to Sprugeon. I think she actually liked thinking about the past year with him and I hope that it continues with each child. 

It's different from what Jill and Derick posted about Israel too. Their letter was shorter and heavier on the Jesus at first, but still had a lot of sweeter moments mentioned too. 

I think it all boils down to this being the first kid for each couple compared to their parents having 19. It's easy enough to write down a more detailed letter when you don't run the risk of confusing one kid with your eighteen others. If either Jill or Jessa are capable of writing a letter like this for kid number ten or nineteen, then I'll be a bit more impressed.

(And for the record, it was a sweet letter. I do honestly think both Jill and Jessa really love their sons very much.)

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

It's different from what Jill and Derick posted about Israel too. Their letter was shorter and heavier on the Jesus at first, but still had a lot of sweeter moments mentioned too. 

I think it all boils down to this being the first kid for each couple compared to their parents having 19. It's easy enough to write down a more detailed letter when you don't run the risk of confusing one kid with your eighteen others. If either Jill or Jessa are capable of writing a letter like this for kid number ten or nineteen, then I'll be a bit more impressed.

(And for the record, it was a sweet letter. I do honestly think both Jill and Jessa really love their sons very much.)

Yes there is a difference between 1 and having 19 but my maternal grandmother had 13 living children, she was still able to be more involved and know more about them than Michelle and JB ever could be. I don't think family size is ever an excuse not to get to know your children. Also to that fact, she had 37 grandchildren and she knew when each of our birthdays were. It's about taking the time to get to know things. Which of course the Duggars will never do, I am just stating that there are large families who do manage. 

I think it's a sweet letter written by a woman who truly embraced motherhood.  It was filled with love and little things but I thought it just made the day.... He is a gift and she knows that plain and simple.  

Now that we know that Jinger's dress was beautiful, I kinda can't wait to see what Mrs. Matron of Honour, Jessa Blessa was wearing! 

Her letter to Spurg was adorable. It fits more in a baby book than the internet, but whatever, that's who these people are. Good on her for cherishing her time with him. 

Yeah, I'm blown away by Jessa's letter.  Easily the most loving and personalized thing I've ever seen a fundie parent express (publicly) to or about their child.  It is a very stark contrast to JB and Michelle's interchangeable birthday wishes and I'm genuinely impressed.  I hope they cherish #2 just as much.

19 hours ago, habert said:
it's very sweet, and it's interesting to see that she seems to cherish even the "misbehaving"

Isnt it though. First thing she has ever done that made me say awww and like her a little more. I always thought she would be really tough and a bit standoffish as a mother. Early on she seemed to be that way (demanding yes ma'ams at 17)  with her younger siblings but she geniunely seems enthralled with her gorgeous bubba. Time and more kids will take their toll eventually but for now its nice to see something that feels a bit more geniune. For a change.

3 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Isnt it though. First thing she has ever done that made me say awww and like her a little more. I always thought she would be really tough and a bit standoffish as a mother. Early on she seemed to be that way (demanding yes ma'ams at 17)  with her younger siblings but she geniunely seems enthralled with her gorgeous bubba. Time and more kids will take their toll eventually but for now its nice to see something that feels a bit more geniune. For a change.

I think as it has been said before, Jessa didn't want to raise her own siblings but it was different with Spurgie. Hopefully, it will continue with #2

22 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I don't disagree with this, but I find myself wondering which is the cause and which is the effect.

Are Michelle and Jim Bob distant parents because they have more children than they have the ability to build personal relationships with, or were they willing to choose an ideology that prioritizes quantity of reproduction over quality relationships because being connected parents simply wasn't something that was ever that important to them?

Personally, I would tend to suspect the latter. Having nineteen connected parent/child relationships is definitely harder, but they chose that situation and continued adding children on a regular basis; it's not like any of this happened suddenly or without warning, so they surely eventually noticed what they were giving up and concluded it was worth it. If having a close relationship with their individual children had ever been something that mattered significantly to them, I think they would have been making different decisions all along.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Personally, I would tend to suspect the latter. Having nineteen connected parent/child relationships is definitely harder, but they chose that situation and continued adding children on a regular basis; it's not like any of this happened suddenly or without warning, so they surely eventually noticed what they were giving up and concluded it was worth it. If having a close relationship with their individual children had ever been something that mattered significantly to them, I think they would have been making different decisions all along.

I completely agree with this. If JB and Michelle wanted to have had a relationship with each child, they would have made it work. Whether it was each of them having special time with their parents or having special outings, they would have figured it out. It boils down to them caring more about the amount of children that they had rather than the children themselves. I think they just see them as a number, 1-21 because I believe they would count J'Caleb and Jubliee. The fact of the matter is that Jessa may be different we don't know. I hope that she is. 

5 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I completely agree with this. If JB and Michelle wanted to have had a relationship with each child, they would have made it work. Whether it was each of them having special time with their parents or having special outings, they would have figured it out. It boils down to them caring more about the amount of children that they had rather than the children themselves. I think they just see them as a number, 1-21 because I believe they would count J'Caleb and Jubliee. The fact of the matter is that Jessa may be different we don't know. I hope that she is. 

They only count J'Caleb and Jubilee when it gets them more attention.

So, if the Duggars believe that they're all going to meet up in heaven, including the unborn, how are they going to explain to Caleb that he didn't rate  J name? OK, I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

So, if the Duggars believe that they're all going to meet up in heaven, including the unborn, how are they going to explain to Caleb that he didn't rate  J name? OK, I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

:laughing-rolling: Oh dear! That's amazing. I can hear Boob now "Now Caleb, it's not that we didn't want to give you a J name, we just didn't realy think that they would be all J's. We didn't mean to leave you out son. It wasn't about that." 

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

I don't disagree with this, but I find myself wondering which is the cause and which is the effect.

Are Michelle and Jim Bob distant parents because they have more children than they have the ability to build personal relationships with, or were they willing to choose an ideology that prioritizes quantity of reproduction over quality relationships because being connected parents simply wasn't something that was ever that important to them?

I think they were willing to choose an ideology that prioritizes quantity of reproduction over quality relationships not realizing that a ) Michelle would not be able to have children one day so being in the moment  and b the children grow up to become ADULTS and not realizing that at all

I think they forget the second part all together. 

where in the letter do you all read about the misbehaving -

On November 4, 2016 at 10:39 AM, alba said:

Then Blessa can feed him 4 dozen eggs a day?

Yes, I'm a 90s kid and will forever associate that name with Beauty and the Beast. I don't know if that's what you were implying, but Gaston's attitude towards women is very fundie. He wants Belle, ergo he shall have Belle.

He also didn't like that Belle loves to read. He likes his woman kept ignorant and doesn't want their heads full of ideas! Very fundie.

I love that Spurgie says, "Arf! Arf!" When he sees a dog. That's adorable.

When we sing during the worship service at church you try to join in! Only problem is, you want to keep singing when right into sermon time! Haha! You're starting to understand "shhhh," and you'll bring it down a notch. But often your daddy or I will have to take you out and stand in the back because you end up bursting into song again! However we greatly cherish these days and wouldn't have it any other way! We realize that you're growing up fast... soon you'll be a big boy and I know we're going to miss your spontaneous choruses.

@nst Here is where we read about misbehaving. ;) 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived