IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

So. Back to the topic then?

I present:

IMG_3352.PNG

Izzy being adorable. Seriously, they have shit beliefs, but the Duggar spawn make some damn cute kids.

IMG_3353.PNG

Also, the Dills celebrated Cathy being two years cancer free a few days ago. She wore the same dress that she wore to their wedding because "it fits better now that she's better." Or something. I closed Instagram and I'm too lazy to actually quote Jill (she who writes good) directly.

Unfortunately there hasn't been a recent Instagram post to seriously snark on. So I'll submit this gem from last month for your viewing pleasure:

IMG_3354.PNG

You can all vomit into your laps at how disgustingly wrong it is for anyone to call Michelle the "Greatest Mom Ever." :pb_lol:

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, twinmama said:

I dislike the Duggars as much as anyone but taking advantage of a support system when you are a new parent is hardly something they are doing wrong. I did the first 3 years with my twins with no one but my husband around (and he worked out of the home 14 hours a day including his commute) and it was basically hell. Sure, never having bills to pay is not a normal adulthood experience for most people, but living near relatives and having a village to help you raise your kid is awesome! Who would not choose that?

I'd agree with you if this wasn't a family where the known normal pattern is *scccchhhlllooop* Hooray! I completed my wifely duty! Here you go, teenage daughter/sister, you take care of this baby I plan to only pay attention to when I'm being filmed or photographed!

To Jessa and Jill's credit, they do seem very engaged and affectionate with their children, but that's at least partly because they're still on Kid #1 (and in Jessa's case, Kid #2 isn't quite done/schlooped out yet).

It is definitely wrong of me to say: is Jill wearing a skirt under her dress???!

I shouldn't snark on her modesty standards, but I find that rather odd.

I don't mind Derrick being a sub in the day to day options. It actually shows the other duggar boys and girls what you should do with your spare time, be productive! Of course they don't have the qualifications for it, but maybe it'll inspire someone.

IMG_3352.PNG

Izzy being adorable. Seriously, they have shit beliefs, but the Duggar spawn make some damn cute kids.

Izzy is super cute here!

Izzy is looking cuter to me as he gets some hair and is growing up.  That kid looks like he may be in size 3 clothes already.  He's apparently taking after Derick's height.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

-snip- *scccchhhlllooop* -snip

That sound effect will forever haunt my mind. :brainbleach:

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Y'all are going to hate me for this, but I actually like the way Jill dresses. I almost always think her clothes are pretty.

No hate, I agree. I love anything flowing and floral, and so does she. I love maxi skirts, not for any religious reason, but because they're so flowy and twirly. I'd wear a good portion of Jill's outfits.

On 10/10/2016 at 10:30 PM, luv2laugh said:

Hey guys, I think that Jill and Derick MIGHT be leaving the Duggar's Independent Baptist ways and flocking to Calvinism. Jill just posted an instagram photo from the Bible translation in ESV and not in the KJV which the Duggars ALWAYS use. What do you think!? It seems minor but the Duggars ONLY post scripture in the KJV. It might mean a sign that Jill and Derick are going to do things differently.

esv.JPG

I know a KJV only type, but she did a missions trip to Asia (I forget where?) and they brought ESV (I believe) bibles because "the locals couldn't possibly understand" the KJV. I guess the idea was to get em hooked with ESV and then be like well if you really want to draw closer to god, you gotta switch over to this harder version? I don't know. She was a terrible person though, and she did NOT think highly of the people she was "saving".

It's possible that the Dillards are using ESV bibles for that purpose, for the comprehension of the people they are "ministering" to, and therefore they are taking a class that uses ESV.

We can only hope it'll broaden their horizons a bit, no matter WHY they are reading ESV... but my hopes aren't too high.

4 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

It is definitely wrong of me to say: is Jill wearing a skirt under her dress???!

OK, I'm a baby boomer and we wore slips way back when, but that skirt under a dress looks way too much like Jill's slip is showing or as we used to say "It's snowing down South".  Slips could be a real PITA for us short girls.  There's a funny scene in the movie Your, Mine and Ours where Lucille Ball's slip have been pinned up by her daughters so it won't be too long and it comes down while she's on her date with Henry Fonda.

We used to say, "Charlie's dead" to alert someone that their slip was showing. I have no idea how that originated.

I've seen Sierra do the visible slip thing with slightly shorter dresses. I think the visible slip look is virtue signalling -- I MADE MY SKIRT LONGER, GUYS. I AM THE MOST MODEST. GAZE UPON MY MODESTY YE SLUTTY AND DESPAIR.

I actually like many of Jill's outfits in theory, but they almost always end up completely shapeless. Usually, all she'd need to make a cute outfit is a belt or even just to tuck her shirt into her skirt. As it is, most of her outfits are more of the potato sack variety.

Aaaand that's my BEC contribution of the day.

12 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't even know the difference between the KJV and the ESV.

KJV has lots of "thee's and thou's". Where esv uses "You"

5 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

That sound effect will forever haunt my mind. :brainbleach:

No hate, I agree. I love anything flowing and floral, and so does she. I love maxi skirts, not for any religious reason, but because they're so flowy and twirly. I'd wear a good portion of Jill's outfits.

Agree about maxi skirts but I was a bit anxious seeing the trailer for next week's "Counting On" seeing Jill, at the top of an airport escalator, stepping onto it with a maxi dress on and Izzy on her hip. It wouldn't take much to get a long skirt caught in the escalator teeth. Sort of related: I heard while touring historic Stanton, Virginia that fire used to be a major cause of death for women, who were trying to cook over open fireplaces in long dresses. 

7 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I think that's just the dress. The skirt/slip is the same colour as the floral accents on the dress, if you look closely. She's definitely wearing a camisole underneath, though. Honestly, I would probably wear a camisole with that dress, too, but I'd wear something lacy or silky to go with the thin, drapy fabric of the ress, not what looks like thick cotton.

Assuming that is actually the style of the dress (and I think it is, because it doesn't look like the kind of dress that would be designed to hit mid-thigh, and Jill's not overly tall), I actually quite like that look. I know a lot of FJers think it looks like your underwear's showing, but I like the complementary border round the bottom.

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Y'all are going to hate me for this, but I actually like the way Jill dresses. I almost always think her clothes are pretty.

I do too, except - unpopular opinion alert - the maxi dresses/skirts. I'm just not a fan of the proportion of them, especially empire-waisted maxi dresses. But what I will say in Jill's favour is that they're not something I dislike because they're unfashionable or dowdy, like the infamous panda frumper of yore. They're a popular choice amongst women in our age group and a lot of women whose style I otherwise like wear them, Jill included.

10 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I know a KJV only type, but she did a missions trip to Asia (I forget where?) and they brought ESV (I believe) bibles because "the locals couldn't possibly understand" the KJV. I guess the idea was to get em hooked with ESV and then be like well if you really want to draw closer to god, you gotta switch over to this harder version? I don't know. She was a terrible person though, and she did NOT think highly of the people she was "saving".

It's possible that the Dillards are using ESV bibles for that purpose, for the comprehension of the people they are "ministering" to, and therefore they are taking a class that uses ESV.

We can only hope it'll broaden their horizons a bit, no matter WHY they are reading ESV... but my hopes aren't too high.

They've indicated on social media that they're involved with this church - at least, they've talked about the Pastor.

http://crosschurch.com/

ETA: I now can't find the post, but it was either on twitter or instagram.

Citation needed

5 hours ago, alba said:

I think that's just the dress. The skirt/slip is the same colour as the floral accents on the dress, if you look closely. <snip>.

i think its separate as you can see it's draping differently from the black dress - if it was part of the dress the draping would be continuous, wouldn't it? (genuine query... not snarky there!)

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

They've indicated on social media that they're involved with this church - at least, they've talked about the Pastor.

http://crosschurch.com/

ETA: I now can't find the post, but it was either on twitter or instagram.

Citation needed

It's on Instagram:

IMG_3355.PNG 

If you click on @ronniefloyd it pulls up the profile of the Senior Pastor at Cross Church in Northwest Arkansas. 

Heres another post, from September 2015, picturing them with Pastor Floyd:

IMG_3356.PNG

Jill and Derick were also married at this Church. So the whole conversation about them switching denominations based off a different version of the Bible has me scratching my head a bit. I just figured they were using a version that might be better for preaching to non-native English speakers to be honest.

i think its separate as you can see it's draping differently from the black dress - if it was part of the dress the draping would be continuous, wouldn't it? (genuine query... not snarky there!)

Oh, that's a good point about the drape. I still think it's cute :D

I really thought the flowered dress, black modesty insert, and long skirt underneath were three different pieces. I agree about the drape and the volume of the bottom is off. And those bedroom slipper/shoes! Girl must have good arches because there's no support in those shoes!

As far as Calvinism....it's not disagreeable within the Baptist denominations.  It's an underlying belief system....I believe it's opposite is Arminianism.  Neither are a denomination, but rather are the background among denominational beliefs.  I'd never heard of Calvinism till college (I went to a Bible college), and then it was debated hotly....some people were STRICT Calvinists, but most were not.  I heard of Arminianism in my late 20's, though honestly I've never much looked into its beliefs.

.....in looking, I found this quick bit of info explaining the differences between the two:  https://gotquestions.org/Calvinism-vs-Arminianism.html

8 hours ago, Rio said:

Agree about maxi skirts but I was a bit anxious seeing the trailer for next week's "Counting On" seeing Jill, at the top of an airport escalator, stepping onto it with a maxi dress on and Izzy on her hip. It wouldn't take much to get a long skirt caught in the escalator teeth. Sort of related: I heard while touring historic Stanton, Virginia that fire used to be a major cause of death for women, who were trying to cook over open fireplaces in long dresses. 

Oh! OH! TANGENT!

Approximately less than half a percent of women died in cooking fires from the 1100s onward. Yep, you heard right. It wasn't in the top five causes of death, top ten- less than half a percent since the 1100s. Some woman whose name I've forgotten did a study on the subject, and was shocked by the results. Lots of museums still tell the all-woman-died-in-cooking-fires story, despite the fact that it's not remotely true. As someone who has cooked on a fire in long skirts, it's actually quite difficult to catch yourself on fire. The aprons are wool, which is flame-retardant, and draw the skirts tightly around the legs and out of the way. I just wanted to share- historical cooking is a passion of mine, as is turning people's expectations about history upside-down!

Anywho, in the interest of staying on topic, I have a question- is there any difference between KJV and ESV other than the thees and thous? And if not, what on earth does that have to do with how true it is- they mean the same thing, it's just a slightly older word. It can't change the meaning of the bible that much, right? 

54 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

So is Jill keeping up with the tradition of feeding your kids out of cans?

tumblr_oewwinneLD1uxjiy8o1_500.jpg

WTH- tomato sauce????? Is that a dry noodle on the tray? Maybe there's pasta mixed into the sauce in the can? Maybe they are cutting steps and saving time d/t overly busy schedules?

Anyone here feed their kids right out of the can?

Or plain tomato sauce?

These folks are just clueless and it's sad.

TLC- get these people into a nutrition class.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived