IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think too, Jill is actually experiencing a semblance of a normal life, while Jessa remains very insulated from the demands most young parents deal with. Derick works outside the home on what seems to be a fairly regular basis. Jill got a professional certification - of a sort, at least - and is taking a class. They've lived on their own a significant distance from their families. They've had to figure out how to be an independent couple, and had to adjust to parenthood in a fairly short order, although neither of them seem to have gone into it terribly mature. It's pretty natural that they would be feeling some stress in all of that.

Jessa, however, lives a life with no apparent financial worries, has the ability to fall back on her own nearby family seemingly whenever she needs to, has no responsibilities outside the home, and her husband works occasionally and periodically does some school stuff - essentially they're two stay-at-home parents for one fairly easy baby, and have pretty much a life of leisure otherwise.

So I don't think that at this point, Jessa has experienced adult life to even the very limited extent that Jill has. I think it makes a big difference that Jessa hasn't taken many steps into the real world yet. If she ever does, she may find, like Jill, that life isn't always so blissful.

For Jessa, having Joy nearby who can drive and come over when needed, and having the ability to go to the TTH house whenever she needs, makes parenthood a much easier prospect. Jana also, and they might drop Hannie by to help her. 

How Bin can stand sponging off his FIL is a puzzle to me. But, listening to Bin talk he is just a puzzle to me. 

31 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think too, Jill is actually experiencing a semblance of a normal life, while Jessa remains very insulated from the demands most young parents deal with. Derick works outside the home on what seems to be a fairly regular basis. Jill got a professional certification - of a sort, at least - and is taking a class. They've lived on their own a significant distance from their families. They've had to figure out how to be an independent couple, and had to adjust to parenthood in a fairly short order, although neither of them seem to have gone into it terribly mature. It's pretty natural that they would be feeling some stress in all of that.

Jessa, however, lives a life with no apparent financial worries, has the ability to fall back on her own nearby family seemingly whenever she needs to, has no responsibilities outside the home, and her husband works occasionally and periodically does some school stuff - essentially they're two stay-at-home parents for one fairly easy baby, and have pretty much a life of leisure otherwise.

So I don't think that at this point, Jessa has experienced adult life to even the very limited extent that Jill has. I think it makes a big difference that Jessa hasn't taken many steps into the real world yet. If she ever does, she may find, like Jill, that life isn't always so blissful.

it looks like all jessa does is sit on her sofa and takes pictures of her family of 3.5 

and that's just from the pictures, it also looked that way on tv when she was filming. 

I think she is purposely running her life that way and doesn't see any need to change anything 

8 hours ago, nst said:

it looks like all jessa does is sit on her sofa and takes pictures of her family of 3.5 

and that's just from the pictures, it also looked that way on tv when she was filming. 

I think she is purposely running her life that way and doesn't see any need to change anything 

Hell, if I had the option to live that kind of life, I'd at least give it some serious thought. No need to go to work, just enjoy my cute baby and hand him off to my sister-slaves when I tire of him, laze around all day long without thinking for a moment about money...sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

10 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

For Jessa, having Joy nearby who can drive and come over when needed, and having the ability to go to the TTH house whenever she needs, makes parenthood a much easier prospect. Jana also, and they might drop Hannie by to help her. 

How Bin can stand sponging off his FIL is a puzzle to me. But, listening to Bin talk he is just a puzzle to me. 

I'm wondering if Jessa & Bin are putting all their eggs in JinJer's basket? Hoping to get away from Boob by leeching on to Jeremy's ability to adult without supervision. 

The post above me that says Jill plays the violin, I watched that video, and it was very cute with Izzy watching her like WOAH and her playing for him. 

Mmmmm....... so they are planning on returning then.

It's interesting/good that Derrick's "working a number of jobs" while he can. I'm aware it's all spin but they do sound as if they're keeping themselves busy and are somewhat committed to their work, even if it does go against my own personal beliefs (as someone who is "spiritually destitute) ;) 

Maybe they came back to get tested for Zika, then will try and get pregnant, have a attempted VBAC, and after that return to mission work. Derrick did say they were going to try and get pregnant this year. I hope this is the case (the testing for Zika) seems to be the most responsible thing the Dillards would have ever done. Michelle and Jim Bob would have just trusted Jesus

Agin just a theory, I don't know for sure :) 

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

POsting the blog post here in case it magically changes in the future.  Because the Duggars NEVER edit things after they post it...

blogpost1.jpg

blogpost2.jpg

When will they let go of this "Jill the midwife" joke? When someone gets killed because she's not complicated? Wasn't it proven that she was not certified on this site somewhere? I found it funny on the show when any Duggar is assisting with a birth they NEVER pull their hair up. I'm no medical professional but doesn't this seem like an obvious move when you have a head full of mane like they do? 

Just now, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

When will they let go of this "Jill the midwife" joke? When someone gets killed because she's not complicated? Wasn't it proven that she was not certified on this site somewhere? I found it funny on the show when any Duggar is assisting with a birth they NEVER pull their hair up. I'm no medical professional but doesn't this seem like an obvious move when you have a head full of mane like they do? 

I meant competent oh I'm so sorry

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm wondering if Jessa & Bin are putting all their eggs in JinJer's basket? Hoping to get away from Boob by leeching on to Jeremy's ability to adult without supervision. 

The post above me that says Jill plays the violin, I watched that video, and it was very cute with Izzy watching her like WOAH and her playing for him. 

I have been thinking the exact same thing! Was this marriage nothing but Jessa sitting on her couch scheming about how to get away from Jimbob? Poor Jinger seems that she would do whatever Jessa tells her. 

Jill and Derrick will be in town long enough to help Sierra with the soccer ball wedding, help Jinger pack up 10 of the thrifted outfits from the TTH to Laredo where they will mooch a free meal from a local Mexican place by saying "Yo Quero Tacos" in their PERFECT Spanish, conceive a baby, and hop on a plane via tickets that were gifted to them paid for by TLC and return to Cintral Amurrica just in time for Jill to help birth a brown baby/coach battered wimen, and to quickly shut herself back in their hut so their gringo baby doesn't get kidnapped by brown people/drug lords/catholics.

Hey guys, I think that Jill and Derick MIGHT be leaving the Duggar's Independent Baptist ways and flocking to Calvinism. Jill just posted an instagram photo from the Bible translation in ESV and not in the KJV which the Duggars ALWAYS use. What do you think!? It seems minor but the Duggars ONLY post scripture in the KJV. It might mean a sign that Jill and Derick are going to do things differently.

esv.JPG

I'm not terribly surprised to see Jill quoting a non-KJV translation. Yes, she was brought up KJV-only, but there's no way in hell her SOTDRT education equipped her to even remotely understand the KJV. If she's taking a bible study class, it might have crossed her mind that reading comprehension is an important part of biblical study.

But what makes you think Calvinism?

ETA: Gotta love the newest comment on that photo, though: a poster called terrie.wilson says "So sorry to see you have turned away from KJV."

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Hey guys, I think that Jill and Derick MIGHT be leaving the Duggar's Independent Baptist ways and flocking to Calvinism. Jill just posted an instagram photo from the Bible translation in ESV and not in the KJV which the Duggars ALWAYS use. What do you think!? It seems minor but the Duggars ONLY post scripture in the KJV. It might mean a sign that Jill and Derick are going to do things differently.

esv.JPG

According to Jill's IG post on Sunday, they're attending Cross Church. She hastagged Pastor Ronnie what's-his-face. I also imagine that her "class" is also offered through the SBC. I don't know how Calivinist Southern Baptists are, but Cross Church is a very mainstream, megachurch, so I don't think it leans THAT far into Calvinism. Don't forget, it also attracts Famy, who seems to play at religion to keep her Duggar fanbase followers. Famy has also admitted to watching church online from bed, so I think this church attracts a pretty wide swath of people identifying as Southern Baptist. 

18 minutes ago, alba said:

I'm not terribly surprised to see Jill quoting a non-KJV translation. Yes, she was brought up KJV-only, but there's no way in hell her SOTDRT education equipped her to even remotely understand the KJV. If she's taking a bible study class, it might have crossed her mind that reading comprehension is an important part of biblical study.

But what makes you think Calvinism?

ETA: Gotta love the newest comment on that photo, though: a poster called terrie.wilson says "So sorry to see you have turned away from KJV."

I think Calvinists seem to pretty much focus on using ESV. All the Calvinists and die hard Sproul followers I know are "ESV only" and think ESV is superior to KJV in the same way that independent baptists think KJV is superior.

6 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

I think Calvinists seem to pretty much focus on using ESV. All the Calvinists and die hard Sproul followers I know are "ESV only" and think ESV is superior to KJV in the same way that independent baptists think KJV is superior.

Oh, interesting.

The Church of Scotland is technically a Calvinist denomination (Presbyterian), but I don't know anyone who cares what version they use, beyond personal preference (then again, the Kirk allows ordination of women, so even though it's conservative on some issues, it's not in remotely the same ballpark as people like Bin).

Interestingly, I used to attend a Baptist church here in Scotland (again, nothing like IBLP), and the general consensus there seemed to be that, as the Bible is the inspired word of God, the translation you use should be the one that speaks to you as an individual believer.

Weird question: what do the die-hard, "X translation of the Bible is the divinely inspired word of God and all the other translations are wrong and corrupted and I will bug you on Instagram for reading or liking them" types think of translations of the Bible into languages other than English? Because even if you tried to translate the KJV directly word-for-word into Japanese or Spanish or Korean or Swahili, stuff would change or have a different implication or potential interpretation. And things would definitely deviate from the KJV if you just directly translated the Hebrew/Ancient Greek/Latin scripture into Japanese or Spanish or Korean or Swahili. Are those versions "corrupt"? Are you "turning away" from the KJV if you don't/can't read 17th century English?

I swear the Duggars have made me hate the word "skills." 

I love how he calls people in Central America "spiritually dead" classy guy. 

I can never give the Dullards credit for anything. They're still completely insufferable. 

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I swear the Duggars have made me hate the word "skills." 

I love how he calls people in Central America "spiritually dead" classy guy. 

I can never give the Dullards credit for anything. They're still completely insufferable. 

Who gives him the right to call anyone "spiritually dead" based on the fact that they don't want to hear him. 

He is a bully. 

Accountants of FJ-- I can't remember if Derick is a Certified Public Accountant or not.  If he is, are there things you have to do (like Continuing Education Classes) periodically to stay certified?

Also, given what a workbook-based joke the Duggar school system seems to be--I wonder if Jill's bible class "research paper" is the first "research paper" she's ever had to write.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Accountants of FJ-- I can't remember if Derick is a Certified Public Accountant or not.  If he is, are there things you have to do (like Continuing Education Classes) periodically to stay certified?

Also, given what a workbook-based joke the Duggar school system seems to be--I wonder if Jill's bible class "research paper" is the first "research paper" she's ever had to write.

He is not. Here's a listing of Arkansas CPAs with the last name Dillard:

IMG_3309.PNG

My husband is a CPA and has to log a certain number of hours in Continuing Education classes each year. Can't remember the number now, but he does a few seminars through his office that get him to that amount. They must be related to Accounting and Business ethics though.

For Arkansas, the CPA requirements are:

- Take and pass all four portions of the exam within an 18 month time period. 

- Have 120 credits and a Bachelor's degree in Accounting to sit for the exam - 30 of those hours must be in Upper level Accounting and Business courses. Derick would qualify on this requirement.

- You must earn an additional 30 credit hours on top of the 120 hours in order to receive your license and you have 3 years after passing the last portion of the exam to do so. Derick likely wouldn't qualify on this portion yet. Many students earn a Graduate level degree to reach the extra credits because at least you get a higher degree out of it - my husband earned a Masters in Accounting with a speciality in Forensic Accounting.

Source: http://www.becker.com/cpa-review/resources/about-exam/requirements/arkansas-cpa-exam-requirements

The exam is intense and brutal. Many people do not pass on their first try. My husband took review courses through Becker's - one of the best programs in the country - and he did pass each part on his first try. But it took a massive amount of work and effort. The minimum passing score is 75 - he passed with one portion with a 76. 

The portions are:

1. Auditing and Attestation (AUD) - 4 hour exam.

2. Business Environment and Concepts (BEC) - 3 hours.

3. Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) - 4 hours. 

4. Regulations (REG) - 3 hours.

http://www.becker.com/cpa-review/resources/about-exam/cpa-exam-structure

You usually take one exam a month and certain months don't offer testing. This allows you to study and focus on one portion at a time.

After witnessing how difficult it was for my husband - who is highly intelligent and a very hard worker - I find it tough to believe any current Duggar or Duggar in-law would be capable of making it through all the requirements needed. It's not the type of thing where you can half ass it and expect to pass. 

44 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

based on the way she writes public letters on the internet to her family - I wonder how it  will read

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Snip

2. Business Environment and Concepts (BEC) - 3 hours.

Snip

Also known as the Bitch Eating Crackers portion of the exams. Mainly covers the ratio of bitchiness to crackers needed to achieve peak annoyance. 

14 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

Also known as the Bitch Eating Crackers portion of the exams. Mainly covers the ratio of bitchiness to crackers needed to achieve peak annoyance. 

I adore you. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, nst said:

based on the way she writes public letters on the internet to her family - I wonder how it  will read

I wonder if the term "research paper" is a stretch? It's probably like one page, and the only source she has to site is the Bible. 

On 2016-10-05 at 5:27 PM, socalrules said:

Are we sure that Derrick's substitute teaching wasn't just a one time thing? I have a hard time believing he has decided to go back to work. Also, if he intends to go back to real work, he needs to be doing it full-time, not once a week or just subbing here and there.

I see no reason to give him credit for subbing once in awhile when he has a family to support. I don't think he is trying to help out his family financially, it's more likely he is looking for something to do before he finds something more interesting to fall into. This will happen again and again. First an accountant, then a missionary and now a substitute teacher. What after that? As a former accountant, I don't understand why he doesn't worry about what happens when the show ends. The longer he waits to build his career the further down the pay scale he will start. Why he isn't doing something to build a retirement account or nest egg when the show is gone? I won't say save for a house because I am sure he is happy living in Jim bob's house. I assume a college fund for IZZY isn't in the cards either. This type of stuff would stress me out but I like to plan for the future. 

I agree. I'm amazed that some other posters are so enthusiastic about and approving of what Derick is doing. Subbing apparently requires very few qualifications, no advance lesson planning, little independent thought, and little to no commitment.

I think the enthusiasm for Derick's minimal "work" just shows what low expectations we've come to have for the Duggar family and their hangers-on. When one of them does ANYTHING to earn a dollar, some people get very impressed.

I'm not remotely impressed. And I would definitely not want Derick teaching any child or grandchild of mine.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived