IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

On 9/20/2016 at 7:56 AM, Cleopatra7 said:

The only thing resembling college that Izzy will be allowed to attend will be some unaccredited "Bible college" like Bob Jones University. It seems like all of the Duggar spouses who have been to bricks and mortar schools regret it, and consider it to be detrimental to faith and morals, just like JB and Michelle.

Bob Jones is accredited (regionally maybe?), but I've known public school teachers and attorneys who went there.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assumed Bachelorette parties include just the Bride, mom of the bride (depending how risque the events are), and the Bridesmaids? I think there's a good chance Jill will be in the wedding since she is the equivalent to Dan's sister. 

I'm pretty sure every Duggar and their in-laws will vote for Trump/Pence. Donald Trump isn't a conservative but maybe most fundies are praying Pence will be the real leader.  Donald and the Duggars both hate the mainstream media..............even though it built both of their empires. They are permanently on my shit list. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't think that it's as common for SIL's to be a part of the wedding. A sister yes but not a SIL, plus she probably doesn't know Jill that well seeing that they have been in Central America. 

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yeah...I wondered that too. I have a feeling she won't be a bridesmaid. I think that's probably pretty common. I wasn't in my husband's brother's wedding at all.

That's what I was thinking too. Husband and I included our siblings in our wedding party. We asked my BIL to walk my mom down the aisle as a way to include him a bit (we love him), but we didn't include his brother's now fiancée at all (we don't like her.)

39 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Bob Jones is accredited (regionally maybe?), but I've known public school teachers and attorneys who went there.

No - not regionally accredited.  Bob Jones is accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS).  TRACS isn't exactly transnational, it has a very spotty reputation, but does have federal recognition.  It's been on probation in the past.

It is no surprise that Derrick and probably all the Duggars are voting for Trump.

4 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I assumed Bachelorette parties include just the Bride, mom of the bride (depending how risque the events are), and the Bridesmaids? I think there's a good chance Jill will be in the wedding since she is the equivalent to Dan's sister. 

I'm pretty sure every Duggar and their in-laws will vote for Trump/Pence. Donald Trump isn't a conservative but maybe most fundies are praying Pence will be the real leader.  Donald and the Duggars both hate the mainstream media..............even though it built both of their empires. They are permanently on my shit list. 

It depends on the Bride and who she wants to attend. Some include only the Bridal party members, others include mom's, and some include friends not in the wedding.

I don't think Jill being there is an indicator either way. My bachelorette party only had members of the bridal party there - partly because it was easier to coordinate four schedules and because I really didn't want to include my BIL's now fiancée (so limiting it that way seemed like the fairest solution that wouldn't hurt any feelings.) But my sister had the Bridal party members, plus a bunch of other female friends not in the wedding hang out together for her's.  

We didn't include my BIL in our wedding party, but he did attend my husband's Bachelor party and he also walked my mom down the aisle. So it's possible they won't be including Jill in the wedding party, but wanted to include her for the Bachelorette party because it would give her time to get to know her future SIL a bit. 

12 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Could be a regional thing but I was part of a bachlorette party this summer and I was nothing more then a wedding guest. As the bride's last fling as a single woman I think, well here at least, there are a lot of female friends invited. That's the way that we do it. I have no idea about Dan's fiancee and how they do things. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived