IGNORED

Jill, Derick and Israel- Part 19

samurai_sarah

1 minute ago, BoPeep said:

I fed my kids canned pumpkin.  But I put it in a bowl first.  It is my #1 recommended food to give to babies/kids with constipation.....it WILL move the bowels!  My dd is a tween now....and she still loves to eat canned pumpkin!  

Good for dogs with diarrhea too! Firms it right up lol

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Ugh I hate to be BEC but the feeding kids out of cans thing bugs the shit out of me. That is so fucking disgusting. I would cringe greatly at those old clips of the girls feeding babies cold peas out of a can and them gobbling it up. They had to have been hungry to eat that. That is so sick. I'm not a food snob at all but you couldn't pay me to eat cold peas out of a can. I can't imagine feeding that to me kids. I don't know what's going on with this tomatoe sauce, but it's frickin weird. 

I ate peas and corn out of cans all the time in college (not for financial reasons, sometimes I was just too busy/tired/lazy to cook or hike up the hill to get food). They're not the most noble form of vegetables, but if it means Duggarlings are getting some veggies, I think that's great. Agree that the tomato sauce thing is weird, though. Otherwise I have no problem with kids being given canned food, as long as there aren't sharp metal edges to pose a danger to them.

2 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

Good for dogs with diarrhea too! Firms it right up lol

It also helps with constipation... I don't know how it does both, but pumpkin is a miracle food!

OK, folks, I have been disturbed from nap time because of quarreling again. 

There is a general internet rule of thumb that if you are attacking or discussing a poster rather than the topic, then things are headed off or gone off the rails.  If people are irritating you, the best thing to do is put them on ignore. 

It's really easy.  Just click on the drop down menu next to your name on the top of the page, select ignored users, and put in their names.  Thank you very much. 

If it was tomato soup I would be less confused and even tomato soup it needs crackers and a bowl, not straight from the can. I was prone to doing it in my university years and well I grossed myself out. I hope there was pasta involved and it was elsewhere and she gave him a taste before she gave him pasta but...I don't have much hope. 

Giving canned veggies is fine, not my favorite but cool. However if you were giving your kid canned peas wouldn't you a) cook/heat them up somehow b. Put it in a bowl or on highchair for finger feeding and c) serve it as part of a meal or something not just straight canned peas cold straight out of the can for a snack or something. It's just so so weird to me. 

And how the baby would be laying down with a gigantic spoon being shoved down their throat full of cold canned peas. Oh how that image haunts me

19 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

Giving canned veggies is fine, not my favorite but cool. However if you were giving your kid canned peas wouldn't you a) cook/heat them up somehow b. Put it in a bowl or on highchair for finger feeding and c) serve it as part of a meal or something not just straight canned peas cold straight out of the can for a snack or something. It's just so so weird to me. 

And how the baby would be laying down with a gigantic spoon being shoved down their throat full of cold canned peas. Oh how that image haunts me

Emphasis mine.

Well, canned peas aren't cold. They're room temperature, and they're already cooked. No, I wouldn't necessarily heat them up. And, as things go, better to serve them room temperature than too hot. 

Nobody's talking about shoving a gigantic spoon full of cold canned peas down a baby's throat. That would be child abuse. Giving a kid room temperature, cooked vegetables from a regular sized spoon is not child abuse.

The duggars did that. It was on the show. That's what I'm talking about

Maybe it's a personal thing as canned peas gross me out so much. It was just an example of weird parenting from the Duggars that really stuck  with me

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Maybe she was just giving Izzy a taste from the can. Still weird, but she needs to throw in an explanation. If you're going to post on social media, then say what you're doing. Remember the swaddled screaming Izzy that nobody understood? And feeding the baby peas from a can? Not only were they cold, but the baby was lying down.

But this is why I think the photo and what Jill is doing is so sad, Jill clearly think this is standard feeding practice- The Duggars are the only parents I have witnessed feeding little ones in this manner. 

No, most people do not feed their toddlers cold peas or tomato sauce straight out of the can. This is not BEC, rather me being PO'd at another example of lack of basic education. And where is Derick? Is he this stupid too? Maybe this is why there is no little Dilly- 

FFS, take a class or read a parenting/nutrition book. You folks aren't doing any thing else.

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I'm sure you enjoyed chiming in. I have a boatload of alcoholics in my family. Now, I will ask you also too cease and desist. You enjoy being unpleasant that is clear. I will work out the ignore thingie for both of you. I guess you need a safe space or something. 

Sounds like you're the one who needs a safe space, with all the whining about people chiming in.

6 minutes ago, Arix said:

Sounds like you're the one who needs a safe space, with all the whining about people chiming in.

This is bullying. Completely. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

3 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

This is bullying. Completely. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

Do you not see the fucking irony in that???!!! You're the one suggesting other people need a safe space, while objecting to everything they say to you.

3 minutes ago, Arix said:

Do you not see the fucking irony in that???!!! You're the one suggesting other people need a safe space, while objecting to everything they say to you.

I object when people attack me and suggest I should give out trigger warnings, which go hand in hand with safe spaces. Not my idea, safe spaces. I object when people attack me. 

You do not have a dog in this fight and this is aggressive posting you are directing at me. . This is bullying another poster. So, as I said, have a nice rest of the day.

And please cease and desist.

Ok...my turn!!

@2manykidzz.   It's time to turn off the computer and stop posting. You are rude!!   I'm sorry if you feel that other people are "jumping in" but you are on a public forum after all.  We are all reading this.  It's time to be mature and NOT get the last word.  So stop!!! now!!!

4 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

Ok...my turn!!

@2manykidzz.   It's time to turn off the computer and stop posting. You are rude!!   I'm sorry if you feel that other people are "jumping in" but you are on a public forum after all.  We are all reading this.  It's time to be mature and NOT get the last word.  So stop!!! now!!!

But Why do you feel the need to rail at me? Isn't it over? Why do you feel the need to come after me? And yes, people are jumping in and so what. This is not about you and if I see a problem that is not about me I move on by. If you enjoy berating people then you do. That is up to you. I repeat, it was over yesterday and this is strange behavior here. 

18 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

But Why do you feel the need to rail at me? Isn't it over? Why do you feel the need to come after me? And yes, people are jumping in and so what. This is not about you and if I see a problem that is not about me I move on by. If you enjoy berating people then you do. That is up to you. I repeat, it was over yesterday and this is strange behavior here. 

Just a head's up -

Please see the post made by @Coconut Flanabove - it gives instructions on how to ignore anyone you want to. Please follow the instructions so everyone can move on with their lives. Thank you and have a sparkling day! :pb_biggrin:

You can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink.  Or stop them for making horse's asses of themselves.

Let's get this thread back on topic.  Where were we?

I'm way behind so can someone kindly help me out? Do we know where the Dullards are living at the moment?  Derrick/Derek/Derick is substitute teaching?  I had missed that scintillating news.  In a public school?  :fainting:

IMO, commercial canned vegetables are of the devil, with the possible exception of canned tomatoes to use in spaghetti sauce.  I like Kirkland organic tomatoes for that, but otherwise it is fresh or frozen all the way.   I do have a can of sweet corn in the pantry.  It is dusty and I don't know how long it has been there - should I chuck it out?

Just now, VelociRapture said:

Just a head's up -

Please see the post made by @Coconut Flanabove - it gives instructions on how to ignore anyone you want to. Please follow the instructions so everyone can move on with their lives. Thank you and have a sparkling day! :pb_biggrin:

I ignored someone who continued to show up and then some new people chimed in. Whatddayaknow. Im working on it so to speak. I'm popular in a negative way. 

57 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But this is why I think the photo and what Jill is doing is so sad, Jill clearly think this is standard feeding practice- The Duggars are the only parents I have witnessed feeding little ones in this manner. 

No, most people do not feed their toddlers cold peas or tomato sauce straight out of the can. This is not BEC, rather me being PO'd at another example of lack of basic education. And where is Derick? Is he this stupid too? Maybe this is why there is no little Dilly- 

FFS, take a class or read a parenting/nutrition book. You folks aren't doing any thing else.

Moving on:

I agree it is sad. I don't think they feed him like this all the time, but I also don't think Jill was taught any better. I mean, she has pretty much the shittiest parents ever - there's bound to be a pretty steep learning curve.

I mean, at least they're feeding him some sort of vegetables. But yeah, it would be awesome if they posted photos of him eating fresh produce from actual bowls instead of tomato sauce out of a can. At least Izzy is sitting up while eating? Silver lining? Maybe?

4 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

You can lead horses to water but you can't make them drink.  Or stop them for making horse's asses of themselves.

I'm way behind so can someone kindly help me out? Do we know where the Dullards are living at the moment?  Derrick/Derek/Derick is substitute teaching?  I had missed that scintillating news.  In a public school?  :fainting:

IMO, commercial canned vegetables are of the devil, with the possible exception of canned tomatoes to use in spaghetti sauce.  I like Kirkland organic tomatoes for that, but otherwise it is fresh or frozen all the way.   I do have a can of sweet corn in the pantry.  It is dusty and I don't know how long it has been there - should I chuck it out?

You should possibly throw it out but there's always a chance that it will survive longer than you will. Um but if you aren't going to eat it, throw it. 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I am not being sarcastic. I find it unusual that these members wish to carry on at me a day later. I want them to cease and desist. I find it excessive. 

I cannot figure out how to put people on ignore if someone could let me know as I went to their "page". Don't see it. 

If you can't figure out the ignore function, might I calmly suggest you don't read posts by any poster that annoys you.  I have done that in the past and it works pretty well. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

You should possibly throw it out but there's always a chance that it will survive longer than you will. Um but if you aren't going to eat it, throw it. 

@Palimpsest Or save it. And then throw it at some who pisses you off. Unless that person is me. Then don't throw it, go to your corner, and rethink your life. :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

now if we are discussing pantry - hmmm - I have chocolate chips, taco shells and beans

what can I make :D

and yes apparently it's a public school.... I also have an earthquake ratio bunch of food in the car and in the cupboard

Food out of cans:

I am a little "odd". I will eat corn straight out of the can (drained of course). I'll also eat anything Chef Boyardee right out of the can, forget heating it up! When they came out with pop-tops on the cans, I was beyond excited. Quick and easy snack, no dirty dishes, no waiting. 

I'll now return you all to your regularly scheduled programming....

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Thanks. I just pitched it into the bin.  I considered donating it to the food pantry but decided that I didn't want to be responsible for poisoning anyone else.  Damn, it might have been there since we moved in here - 13 years ago!

Just now, VelociRapture said:

@Palimpsest Or save it. And then throw it at some who pisses you off. Unless that person is me. Then don't throw it, go to your corner, and rethink your life. :pb_lol:

I'm tempted to get it out of the bin and chuck it at Donald Trump during the next debate - but that might break the telly! 

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Food out of cans:

I am a little "odd". I will eat corn straight out of the can (drained of course). I'll also eat anything Chef Boyardee right out of the can, forget heating it up! When they came out with pop-tops on the cans, I was beyond excited. Quick and easy snack, no dirty dishes, no waiting. 

I'll now return you all to your regularly scheduled programming....

Yep  I did the same thing with the Chef. Straight out of the can no heating it up! People thought I was weird. :) 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived