IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

OTOH, maybe Anna could bargain with JB..."I will get a divorce. You will let me. I will not disclose all I know"

Too bad she doesn't have the balls to do that.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

OTOH, maybe Anna could bargain with JB..."I will get a divorce. You will let me. I will not disclose all I know"

Too bad she doesn't have the balls to do that.

Yeah I think at times Anna is the perfect example of keeping sweet. I would love to see her scream the Duggars but I don't think that is going to happen. I think that she will continue to do as she has been doing. 

And I love that the same places that were saying that she's pregnant are now saying that she can't get pregnant and is getting a divorce. Make up your minds! 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yeah I think at times Anna is the perfect example of keeping sweet. I would love to see her scream the Duggars but I don't think that is going to happen. I think that she will continue to do as she has been doing. 

And I love that the same places that were saying that she's pregnant are now saying that she can't get pregnant and is getting a divorce. Make up your minds! 

We like to be flexible. ☺

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That's true, I don't think she will ever divorce her husband. Until I see something from a legitimate news source that isn't tabloid gossip, I'm calling BS about the divorce rumors.

I've been reading here for years, but rarely post.

I do think there is something to the divorce rumours. I doubt she has "new friends", but she may have made one new friend somehow. I also think that In Touch have a history of accuracy when it comes to the Duggars. So I sat up straight when I heard that they were reporting this. I really wouldn't be surprised now if we hear about even a temporary separation.

I think its possible the part about Anna talking to a  divorce lawyer might be true, but if that was the case, I imagine she wouldn't be able to get away from all of the damned people in that family long enough to meet with a lawyer in-person. She might have been able to sneak away for 15-20 minutes to call a divorce lawyer and get an idea of how divorcing Smuggar might play out, but I am not sure about a full-blown divorce for those two yet. It would take more emotional energy to initiate a divorce than most people would possess after the kind of crap Smuggar put her through, probably more so for someone as sheltered and insular she has been all of her life. The Duggars are scumbags, but they are still semi-recognizable public figures, so I could envision a scenario where some random divorce lawyer who recognized Anna from the tabloids and/or TeeVee slipped a business card into her purse while waiting in line behind her at the grocery store (while Joshley was "working" at the used car lot :2wankers:)

Maybe "new friends" is  code for "my fundie-lite siblings that I look down on, but who don't think divorcing my chester husband is un-biblical." :my_rolleyes:

On November 3, 2016 at 11:43 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

That's true, I don't think she will ever divorce her husband. Until I see something from a legitimate news source that isn't tabloid gossip, I'm calling BS about the divorce rumors.

Not to mention -- a legitimate news source wouldn't cover it in the first place :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, withaj said:

Not to mention -- a legitimate news source wouldn't cover it in the first place :pb_lol:

cnn might scroll it at the bottom of the screen...

3 hours ago, withaj said:

Hahah very true! I'm going to say that I won't believe it until I see it on the Duggars blog after being edited about 6 times ;) 

I think the wedding pictures will tell us a lot - I'm going to be looking closely at Josh and Anna. Are they in the pictures? Is one in them but the other isn't? Are they together or further apart? Is Anna in the bridal party? Does she look pregnant? So many questions.

Many do believe that cheating is grounds for divorce outside fundie circles. Whether Anna will do it is another matter, but the key thing going for her is the non-fundie siblings willing to support her and the kids if she does leave.

Didn't the Duggars reportedly blame Josh's molestations for political losses when he was involved in the campaign? It could support the idea that Anna and others believe that if she IS failing to get pregnant when trying that it is a 'sign' from God that all is not well and Josh isn't forgiven because he hadn't repented properly. could be further grounds for divorce?

1 hour ago, SunnySideUp said:

I think the wedding pictures will tell us a lot - I'm going to be looking closely at Josh and Anna. Are they in the pictures? Is one in them but the other isn't? Are they together or further apart? Is Anna in the bridal party? Does she look pregnant? So many questions.

I agree. I think that the wedding pictures will tell a lot. Of course Josh isn't going to be toward the front because of the scandals but it will be interesting to see if Anna is in them. If she were truly considering divorce, I wouldn't think that the Duggars would even let her attend the wedding. 

The whole Anna not getting pregnant is a sign from God is bull crap. She is currently at the spacing she was with Marcus/Meredith in regards to getting pregnant. God just chooses not to "bless" Anna until she is done nursing. 

2 hours ago, crazysnark said:

The whole Anna not getting pregnant is a sign from God is bull crap. She is currently at the spacing she was with Marcus/Meredith in regards to getting pregnant. God just chooses not to "bless" Anna until she is done nursing. 

ITA. She learned she was pregnant with Meredith just before Jessa's wedding 2 years ago, and was all of a month or so along. If she's not pregnant now, she will be within a month or so. 

If only Anna would realize that she has the power to destroy Jimbob, Michelle and Josh Duggar, with a tell all book. She really has evolved into a beautiful young woman who would be desirable to any Christian Man who would treat her right.  She is good at public speaking and seems confident in her skin on the outside.  If only she could get courage enough to leave that bunch of scumbags, she can rewrite her own destiny.  I hope for her sake she does divorce that pedophile , makes sure he and his family don't have any access to the children and blows the lid off all Duggar secrets.  I wonder if those bruises she was sporting a few weeks back were done by Josh?  If they were she would be foolish to stay with him because now he would be not only psychologically abusing her but physically abusing her.  

29 minutes ago, MsSourPickle said:

If only Anna would realize that she has the power to destroy Jimbob, Michelle and Josh Duggar, with a tell all book. She really has evolved into a beautiful young woman who would be desirable to any Christian Man who would treat her right.  She is good at public speaking and seems confident in her skin on the outside.  If only she could get courage enough to leave that bunch of scumbags, she can rewrite her own destiny.  I hope for her sake she does divorce that pedophile , makes sure he and his family don't have any access to the children and blows the lid off all Duggar secrets.  I wonder if those bruises she was sporting a few weeks back were done by Josh?  If they were she would be foolish to stay with him because now he would be not only psychologically abusing her but physically abusing her.  

Even if she didn't write a tell all if she leaves Josh I'm sure their would be a ton of people in the world that would help both financially and emotionally. 

5 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

There has never been any evidence that Josh physically abused Anna.

I was going to say the exact same thing. Josh has done a lot of horrible things but we have never seen any signs of physical abuse. 

35 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I was going to say the exact same thing. Josh has done a lot of horrible things but we have never seen any signs of physical abuse. 

Me too. It's a trick of the light. Similar to the "wedding band" we saw on Jeremy's hand a few days ago. I'm a photographer. Light is a bitch, and it's not your bitch: you are lights bitch.

3A19C09300000578-3908948-image-a-178_147

And I am pretty sure that right beside Josh in that picture, wearing a similar dress to Jeremy's sister is Anna. 

1 hour ago, MsSourPickle said:

That's a terribly irresponsible thing to allege.  I'm no smuggar fan, but to throw that out there based on nothing is not okay.  

Not every woman who is being physically abused has bruises and not everyone who has bruises is being physically abused.  Ffs I have bruises all the time and I have no idea how I get most of them.  

This is the kind of thing people read and then repeat - often forgetting to add the caveats that it was just the random speculation of an anonymous internet poster based on no evidence.

Whiie  I'm at it, it's a very rare circumstance that would cause it to be in the best interest of the children to have zero contact with a parent or one side of their family.  

Josh is a shitlord, no doubt, but as long as he's not a danger to those kids THEY deserve the right to a relationship with their dad. 

You seem to think a lot of Anna in contrast with the 'scumbags' but she's choosing to raise her kids in this environment.  She's modeling behavior for those kids the same as they are.  Not sure why she's getting a pass.

And while you could be right about her being able to embarrass them with a tell-all if neither Josh scandal derailed the gravy train, I doubt Anna and a ghost writer would have more luck.  But if she went that way she could hurt them, to be sure.

She'd also hurt her children in a way they would carry for the rest of their lives.  Regardless of what else Josh is he will always be their father.  She can and should hold him accountable for his actions without vilifying him in a forum where the echos will cause collateral damage to her babies.  

I'm a child of divorced parents as well as a divorced mom and if there is one thing I know with absolute certainty it's that once you bring kids into this world you give up your right to put your own pain and need for venting and revenge ahead of their need to be protected from it.

It's called taking the high road.  Kids deserve honesty and information at the level they can process it.  And there is no way to avoid them being impacted by the pain of the situation and the adult stress...but to trash the other parent to them or in front of them, much less in a published work, is to compound their pain.

Kids are acutely aware that the parent being trashed is just as much a part of them as the one doing he trashing.  The emotional conflict leaves deep emotional scars ...it bothers me when I see flippant suggestions like this which suggest that becuse someone was a shitty spouse the kids would be better off without them entirely.  

Last thing - there is no evidence Josh is a pedophile.  He is an admitted child molester which is the most vile disctinction I've ever had to draw.  

Not to diminish Josh's actions in any way, but his issues seem to be about sex. I really hate it when people trot out the pedophile label with no substantiation. FFS, it's what most (all?) of 'our' fundies do while excoriating gays. Not ok at all.  

8 hours ago, crazysnark said:

My theory is that she's not pregnant because they aren't having any sweet fellowship. If she's taken him back into her life but not into her bed, then the divorce rumors seem a little more plausible. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived