IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

40 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

Kynzie's eyes still look dead. Pre-Joshgate, she seemed a happy kid.

Jordyn Kenzie.jpg

She looks so old now! I don't think I've actually seen here since that episode where the Duggars went to Japan. How old is she now?

On a side note, what does she call her aunts tjat are the same age as her? Does she say Aunt Jordyn, even though they've been playing together their entire lives?

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2016 at 4:48 AM, Italiangirl said:

Do we know if the M kids are being homeschooled with the j kids or Anna is teaching them?

Anna homeschooled them from the beginning, but I'm not sure what the situation is now.

4 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

She looks so old now! I don't think I've actually seen here since that episode where the Duggars went to Japan. How old is she now?

On a side note, what does she call her aunts tjat are the same age as her? Does she say Aunt Jordyn, even though they've been playing together their entire lives?

Is she older than Josie? 7 or 8? It seems like she should still be a baby! 

My Dad has a niece who is just a couple of years younger than him. She calls him his name, no uncle involved. I don't think she would say Aunt Jordyn. But who knows with fundies 

25 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

My Dad has a niece who is just a couple of years younger than him. She calls him his name, no uncle involved. I don't think she would say Aunt Jordyn. But who knows with fundies 

My friend has an aunt who is only 8 years older then her. They are very close.  When she was younger she called her aunt now she calls her by her first name. 

I'm catching up on the last five pages, so I'm snipping multiple quotes for the sake of walls of texts . . .

On 11/10/2016 at 5:19 PM, NewOrleansLady said:

--snip--
I have seen her with bruises from head to toe because of his combative behavior.  You could not beleive how many, well meaning, people have referred her to battered womens shelters.  I don't think Anna would be out in public with bruises but I do see it being the lighting where ever she was.

Just want to second this: as I've shared before, I have special needs family members.  I've had two busted lips, bruises on my cheeks, arms, legs, bite marks, and have had my hair pulled multiple times.  We've had to call the cops for the sake of the other family members more times than I can count.  Now, three out of four members, live in a group home setting - but it was for their sake, as much as for ours.  Add to that I have very fair skin, and dark shadows under my eyes (hereditary, both my mom, and my firstborn have it as well), and I 100% relate to the well meaning people who are worried for us). 

So I think there's an explanation for most things, and especially with all the scandals they've had so far, I highly doubt that IF those were bruises (I personally don't think that's the case), that they'd put up photographic evidence of it.

On 11/11/2016 at 4:20 PM, Fascinated said:

--snip-- And the cold sore thing is over the top, in my opinion.  

We don't know what it is, like I shared above, there's multiple explanations in any one photo.  And I agree adding that kind of thing to the list of "what's wrong with Anna" seems a little reaching. 

On 11/17/2016 at 10:36 AM, Bazinga said:

I've had 3 kids and my stomach looks just like Anna's as posted in the photos above. I have a short torso, so sadly any and all extra weight goes right there.

--snip--

I have a short torso, too!  I've had two kids, and three pregnancies, in three years.  My stomach can be hidden with some fabrics, but at the end of the day, if I stand with a baggy jacket flowing behind me, and slouching, I look a GOOD four months pregnant.  It is what it is.  All I can do is eat right, and try to fit in exercise when I can (right now, my exercise is mostly confined to chasing after two toddlers :D).  Maybe I'll loose it one day, maybe I won't.  /shrug

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

--snip--

My Dad and his aunt were born about two months apart (think Father of the Bride, Part 2).  When he wanted to get a rise out of her, he'd call her "Aunt Name", in a funny teasing way.  Otherwise, no, he always looked at her as a sister - which wasn't too hard, seeing as they were raised together for the first seven years of their lives in Great Grandmother's house.  For what it's worth, I call her my Aunt (not great aunt).  Her daughter (my Dad's cousin, and technically my 2nd cousin), is almost ten years younger than me - but I just call her my cousin.  We have a fun family dynamic lol.

3 hours ago, sophrosyne said:

Kynzie's eyes still look dead. Pre-Joshgate, she seemed a happy kid.

Jordyn Kenzie.jpg

Pre Joshgate Kynzie was eldest of 3.  Post Joshgate she's eldest of 4 and mum is more stressed.  She is the age where her eldest Aunt started J slaving.  Depending on where Anna is living (in the TTH or not) Kynzie might be having to help more than her young Aunts.

That said - I wouldn't go from this picture.  Jordyn looks happier, but Kynzie looks better cared for - cleaner top and hair done properly by a grown up.  She could just not want the picture at that moment and we all have those moments.

I suspect that she's getting more adult attention then Jordyn.  Anna's still only split 5 ways (yes Josh counts) as opposed to M&JB's 22 (each other + Jubilee + J'Caleb - is this right or should I weight the part to give more weight to Josie & Jill & Jessa and less to Jordyn, Jenni, Hannie & Jana? - Jordyn aint getting a full 1/22 of attention that's for sure)

Pre Joshgate Kynzie was eldest of 3.  Post Joshgate she's eldest of 4 and mum is more stressed.  She is the age where her eldest Aunt started J slaving.  Depending on where Anna is living (in the TTH or not) Kynzie might be having to help more than her young Aunts.
That said - I wouldn't go from this picture.  Jordyn looks happier, but Kynzie looks better cared for - cleaner top and hair done properly by a grown up.  She could just not want the picture at that moment and we all have those moments.
I suspect that she's getting more adult attention then Jordyn.  Anna's still only split 5 ways (yes Josh counts) as opposed to M&JB's 22 (each other + Jubilee + J'Caleb - is this right or should I weight the part to give more weight to Josie & Jill & Jessa and less to Jordyn, Jenni, Hannie & Jana? - Jordyn aint getting a full 1/22 of attention that's for sure)

o___O

I know, academically, that the J'slaves started their career around age 7, but my God does Kynzie look young.

2 minutes ago, alba said:

o___O

I know, academically, that the J'slaves started their career around age 7, but my God does Kynzie look young.

It's sad because that's so young. They should still be playing dress up and dolls. Instead they had to raise their siblings. Ugh. It makes me have an extreme dislike for JB and Michelle. How could they think that was ok? 

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It's sad because that's so young. They should still be playing dress up and dolls. Instead they had to raise their siblings. Ugh. It makes me have an extreme dislike for JB and Michelle. How could they think that was ok? 

Before I joined this board, I thought that it was ok for the older kids to help with the younger kids (& I still do; I think that it's important for children to learn how to help around the house). Not so much anymore, though.

Before I joined this board, I thought that it was ok for the older kids to help with the younger kids (& I still do; I think that it's important for children to learn how to help around the house). Not so much anymore, though.

The key word here is "help". The Duggars' buddy system, however, doesn't involve children assisting and learning in an age-appropriate way, but essentially raising their siblings.

5 minutes ago, alba said:

The key word here is "help". The Duggars' buddy system, however, doesn't involve children assisting and learning in an age-appropriate way, but essentially raising their siblings.

now Ma and Pa Duggar are adopting children so Jana will never leave 

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Mack is two months older than Josie, who turns 7 on 12/10. Jordyn turns 8 on 12/18, so for 8 days all three girls are the same age!

Mack is two months older than Josie, who turns 7 on 12/10. Jordyn turns 8 on 12/18, so for 8 days all three girls are the same age!

This made me realise that the Duggars, for all we talk about their fecundity and the speed at which Michelle has fallen pregnant after giving birth, don't have any traditional "Irish twins"*. With the exception of Jordyn and Josie, whose close birthdays are due to Josie's prematurity, the closest births are, I believe, Jessa and Jinger, at around 13.5 months.

*I'm pretty sure this is a pejorative but can't find a non-offensive synonym. Help?

4 hours ago, alba said:

Help is not what those girls were doing in those specials. And it's not what they were doing for a very long time. Now the J-slaves don't know any different. They don't remember a time when their mother wasn't popping out babies for jesus. I would say that I hope it doesn't continue but what are the chances? 

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well, the babies that keep getting popped out are like living dolls! (this was said with tongue in cheek, my two older kids love playing with my 7 month twins and i'm always saying "aaaaarrrrggghhh be careful! They're living babies not dolls!")

33 minutes ago, alba said:

This made me realise that the Duggars, for all we talk about their fecundity and the speed at which Michelle has fallen pregnant after giving birth, don't have any traditional "Irish twins"*. With the exception of Jordyn and Josie, whose close birthdays are due to Josie's prematurity, the closest births are, I believe, Jessa and Jinger, at around 13.5 months.

*I'm pretty sure this is a pejorative but can't find a non-offensive synonym. Help?

I have irish twins (my son was born the day before my daughter's first birthday and he wasnt a preemie. He was a week overdue) and i havnt found a term besides "two less than a year apart" which is admittedly long to say

On 11/11/2016 at 5:00 PM, Carm_88 said:

Plus it's a flipping picture. They might have been squeezing in to all get in it, hence the awkward posture. 

As for Josh reappearing, I think it would be odder if they cut him out of it all completely. I'm glad that they're not really hiding him as much. That was weird. 

Is there a link to the picture you are referring to? I was looking but have not found it.

Michelle turned the  babies over to a sister mom at 6 months, so if they weren't sleeping  through the night, everyone in the girls' dorm would be woken. No wonder we saw children sleeping fully clothed in odd places. Maybe that's why they're not early risers. 

7 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Age-appropriate tasks (play with your brother nicely while mommy cooks dinner, help mommy clean the living room, read your sister a story or help her wash her hands before lunch) are perfectly fine and important for teaching children responsibility and independence, but making your young daughters basically act like surrogate mothers is borderline, if not outright, abusive.

I watch the TV show The Talk. One of the hosts (Sheryl Underwood) has a disabled older sister. She has been taking care of her for years.  But she has said it's a blessing to do it.  Unlike the Duggar kids who have to do the child raising even if they didn't want to. 

It's important for kids to learn to help around the house. But it's not ok to pass off all parenting responsibility once each child turns 6 months. A parent should guide children in helping around the house, not leave it entirely to them once the newborn smell wears off (to go make new newborns). The adults should do most of the household parenting, with help from children, not the other way around. Children who have not yet reached puberty just are not ready to do the primary parenting of infants and toddlers, and it's not fair to ask them to. They still need parents themselves.

I have a dog client who's kids are 8.5 years apart. They have never expected her to watch her brother (she's does once in a while). They allow to have a life of her own. 

5 hours ago, Chevreuil said:

Well, the babies that keep getting popped out are like living dolls! (this was said with tongue in cheek, my two older kids love playing with my 7 month twins and i'm always saying "aaaaarrrrggghhh be careful! They're living babies not dolls!")

I have irish twins (my son was born the day before my daughter's first birthday and he wasnt a preemie. He was a week overdue) and i havnt found a term besides "two less than a year apart" which is admittedly long to say

IF Anna and Jill are pregnant, it would explain the fullness of their BM dresses.  IF Josh does not have a job and they do not have regular guests at their home maybe 

My beautiful grandkids are 10 months apart.  If you live in a FEMA trauler, you can;'t very well have dinner parties, or football game watching, or just an intelligent conversation.  The only thing is share some "sweet fellowship"

I suspect the main reason they dont have irish twins is the adherence of JB&M to the 80 day rule after thw birth of a girl. That woulsd make it over 2.5 months before they can enjoy sweet fellowship...

7 hours ago, alba said:

Aside from Jordyn and Josie, the closest in age are Jinger and Joseph at 12 months 30 days; Jessa and Jinger are 13 months 17 days.

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Michelle turned the  babies over to a sister mom at 6 months, so if they weren't sleeping  through the night, everyone in the girls' dorm would be woken. No wonder we saw children sleeping fully clothed in odd places. Maybe that's why they're not early risers. 

I would bet that some of the girls didn't know what a full night's sleep was for a while. Which should have been Michelle and JB's responsibility. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived