IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

It's really funny how Anna's kids all look like her father when they're babies.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that photo of Davia on her grandfather's lap, hopefully she used her diaper to express her view on Mr. Keller's matchmaking skills.    

22 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Not healthful? WTF?! So basically you are saying you find covering up horrific systematic abuse and trying to normalize this behavior as entertainment. THAT is what you are defending and it is downplaying and whitewashing the really, really, REALLY terrible abuse to compare it to drinking a martini three times a week. 

No matter what people want to claim, when it comes to the sheer number of people hurt, the Duggars can't even come close the the Bates. How can people know that about them and still view them as "fun" entertainment? How can you turn a blind eye to level of evil they have been involved with and continue to be involved with? 

Dearest FormerGothardite,

I once crowned Buzzard a Patron Saint of FJ because of her selfless willingness to sacrifice both time and sanity to recap the Duggars. 

Now, I do the same for you - for tirelessly sacrificing your time and sanity in pointing out just how fucked up the Bates family is. I present:

Our FormerGothardite,

Who art on Internets,

Hallowed be thy username.

Thy sanity strong,

Thy patience chugs on,

For eternal is Internets.

Give us this day our daily smackdown,

And forgive us our naïveté.

As we forgive those who are dumbasses towards us,

And lead us not into temptation (by watching "Bringing Up Bates" and thinking they're a normal family),

But deliver us from Ebil.

R'Amen.

(Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. I am going straight to Hell. :pb_lol:)

9 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Dearest FormerGothardite,

I once crowned Buzzard a Patron Saint of FJ because of her selfless willingness to sacrifice both time and sanity to recap the Duggars. 

<snipped for space>

This needs to be saved somewhere permanent for future FJers.

My hat is off to you - brilliant!

18 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This needs to be saved somewhere permanent for future FJers.

My hat is off to you - brilliant!

:pb_lol:

I feel she deserves this. Her patience is ridiculous sometimes.

And if I could remember where I posted "Hail Buzzard," then I would totally ask for it to be saved. Or just placed into a special thread dedicated to unofficial FJ Patron Saints.

Nevermind! Found it!

That was amazing VelociRapture! :laughing-jumpingpurple: I feel a bit embarrassed. :embarrassed:

We will save you a place in hell. I've heard the Bates won't be there, so it should be loads of fun. 

22 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

:pb_lol:

I feel she deserves this. Her patience is ridiculous sometimes.

And if I could remember where I posted "Hail Buzzard," then I would totally ask for it to be saved. Or just placed into a special thread dedicated to unofficial FJ Patron Saints.

Nevermind! Found it!

How did I miss Hail Buzzard at the time? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

How did I miss Hail Buzzard at the time? :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Pretty sure "Hail Buzzard," will always be my best and most important contribution to the site. :pb_lol:

39 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Pretty sure "Hail Buzzard," will always be my best and most important contribution to the site. :pb_lol:

I shall forever appreciate it!

Ok, so this conversation has actually come up IRL twice today, so I'm going to repeat it here... If we presume that god is omnipotent and omniscient... he/she/it knows that we are a simple people and need shit spelled out... but we got this in fundie approved biblespeak):

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; 
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments. 
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. 
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. 
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 
13 Thou shalt not kill. 
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery. 
15 Thou shalt not steal. 
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. 
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. 

It does not mention - homosexuality, alcohol, making up fake prayers (just dont take the lords name in vain!), dressing "modestly," masturbation... or any of the other lifestyle fundie no nos.

If this AMAZING being hates all of these things SO MUCH that it/he/she would condemn someone to eternal torment, you'd think he/she/it would have been a bit clearer.  Just sayin... 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Ok, so this conversation has actually come up IRL twice today, so I'm going to repeat it here... If we presume that god is omnipotent and omniscient... he/she/it knows that we are a simple people and need shit spelled out... but we got this in fundie approved biblespeak):

It does not mention - homosexuality, alcohol, making up fake prayers (just dont take the lords name in vain!), dressing "modestly," masturbation... or any of the other lifestyle fundie no nos.

If this AMAZING being hates all of these things SO MUCH that it/he/she would condemn someone to eternal torment, you'd think he/she/it would have been a bit clearer.  Just sayin... 

I say this a lot around here - but I love you. Marry me? :pb_lol:

Also, how does one prevent thy cattle from working on the Sabbath day? Do you politely ask them to stop grazing in the fields? Or do you violently demand that they refrain from producing milk the entire day?

And what about those heathens torn between honoring thy parents and honoring thy God? If they're parents are if another faith then who should they honor more? Will thy God hold it against thee if they honor thy parents more? 

So. Many. Questions!!!

Due to a discussion on where Ben stayed before marriage I'm pretty familiar with the guest house. I'm pretty sure that video with Meredith is not the guest house since there was white molding, and as far as I can tell the guest house has wood colored molding. Plus the layout of the kitchen doesn't match. I'm gonna throw in my guess that it's the Siloam Springs house. 

Also for those wondering the guest house is a warehouse at the front of the duggar compound. The room Ben stayed in (or at least the one they showed him in) was in the guest house but located in the garage part of it. 

So, if we are supposed to rest on the 7th day, then all nurses, doctors, EMT's/Paramedics, police officers, firefighters and any essential public servants or healthcare worker can take the day off? Did I miss the part where it was said "except for essential workers?"  Also, all you criminals, bad drivers, pyromaniacs etc, take the day off. Because religion. And don't anyone dare get sick on the 7th day, cuz there will be no one to take care of you.

How ridiculous.

On 8/19/2016 at 9:29 PM, Jessalyn said:

I dont the picture with Joshley is the guest house. Remember they bought a house after returning from D.C to start fixing up? 

I think it is that house and not on the Duggar property. 

Also, to me the floors don't match. The one Merry was crawling on was very light. And the floor in the picture with Joshley is too dark imo

That looks like an exposure issue. I'm pretty sure it's the same place. However, that's not a guarantee that the Smuggars are staying there. Anna could have had family visiting again; it looks like Kellers AND Wallers stayed in that guest house, which is situated right next to the main TTH

And no, they holed Ben up in a second floor room that overlooked a huge warehouse where they keep their gym equipment, and Sierra painted a gazillion flamingos. 

I did medical school with a lot of religious Jews.  As students they left early on Friday to be home before dark (in Winter it gets dark by 4pm so they'd leave pretty early). They would never do out of hours on Saturday.  When asked how they were going to cope with work, apparently if you're actively preserving life you're exempted from Shabbat.  Learning how to do so on the other hand, doesn't count.

These people wouldn't take notes/do projects etc on Shabbat either.  Some of them were highlight things and read text books but that's it in terms of revision - no active stuff. :confusion-shrug:

Religious rules don't make sense what ever the religion.

Please don't tell them that here in Germany all stores are closed on Sundays. Please, we don't want them here...

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@VelociRapture.  :clap::worship::clap::worship::clap::worship:

And I'm obviously going straight to hell too!

Aren't we all?  ;)

10 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

So, if we are supposed to rest on the 7th day, then all nurses, doctors, EMT's/Paramedics, police officers, firefighters and any essential public servants or healthcare worker can take the day off? Did I miss the part where it was said "except for essential workers?"  Also, all you criminals, bad drivers, pyromaniacs etc, take the day off. Because religion. And don't anyone dare get sick on the 7th day, cuz there will be no one to take care of you.

How ridiculous.

One of the jobs I work @ is in the kennel of an animal hospital, & I take care of the boarding animals. According to the rest on the 7th day business, while it is a fine idea, does that mean that the dogs/cats I help shouldn't need to eat, use the indoor/outdoor facilities or require any medication on a Sunday? Wow, did I miss that in the job description.  :my_rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Did I miss the part where it was said "except for essential workers?"  Also, all you criminals, bad drivers, pyromaniacs etc, take the day off. Because religion. And don't anyone dare get sick on the 7th day, cuz there will be no one to take care of you.

How ridiculous.

The Bible does allow for necessary work in Luke 14:5.

5 Then he asked them, “If one of you has a child[a] or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull it out?”

43 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

The Bible does allow for necessary work in Luke 14:5.

5 Then he asked them, “If one of you has a child[a] or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull it out?”

But thats what i mean, if God is omnipotent and omnicient, why is there a need for clarification a thousand or so years later?  SPEAK CLEARLY and say what you mean!

Do the Duggars film on Sunday? Or do they spend the day together as a family praying and having fellowship and eating chickenetti? Oh wait, money trumps all, even their religion.

In Colossians 2:16–17 the apostle Paul declares, “Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.” We are no longer commanded to cease working on the Sabbath, nor is Sunday now the “Christian Sabbath.” 

How or why fundies pick choose to put irrelevant laws from the old testament into practice is beyond me...

On 23/8/2016 at 6:14 PM, Chickenbutt said:

Do the Duggars film on Sunday? Or do they spend the day together as a family praying and having fellowship and eating chickenetti? Oh wait, money trumps all, even their religion.

They can film on Sunday because their show is a ministry, you know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 0:38 PM, formergothardite said:

Not healthful? WTF?! So basically you are saying you find covering up horrific systematic abuse and trying to normalize this behavior as entertainment. THAT is what you are defending and it is downplaying and whitewashing the really, really, REALLY terrible abuse to compare it to drinking a martini three times a week. 

No matter what people want to claim, when it comes to the sheer number of people hurt, the Duggars can't even come close the the Bates. How can people know that about them and still view them as "fun" entertainment? How can you turn a blind eye to level of evil they have been involved with and continue to be involved with? 

When People defend the Bates because they are more entertaining or their children seem more spirited and more well adjusted,  I think it would serve us all to remember that Hitler had a soft spot for animals, Dogs in particular.  There are many historic pictures of him looking affectionate and nice with his pets.  This doesn't mean that he wasn't a monster.   

The Bates may well be, within their own household better parents.  They may allow their children to be more expressive and to follow their dreams, and they may even support education more strongly, but that means nothing.   Being hypocrites is a feature of this cult.  The Bates are examples of this.  And the reason why many of us feel this makes them more dangerous is because the Duggars clearly show how they are different from us.  To follow them we would have to change to them.  The Bates, on the other hand, seductively show how they are really  like us.  (Except of course for ginormous elephant in the room). 

Someone implied upstream that Anna may be sheltering her kids and that is why we didn't see a birthday greeting for Meri.  No,  that probably is not the case.  If so,  then Anna wouldn't agree to be on CO.  I think they are not paying as much attention to the M kids in general.  When they aren't exploiting Anna's pain for the show, or exploiting it as "the trouble they walked through" as if they stepped into to dog poo,  then they are just not doing much with the Josh branch of the family.  But have no fears,  if they can milk ratings out of it they will.  As they wind down in ratings,  they will do whatever it takes, including bringing Josh on the air.  They are above nothing to get every last bit of money. 

In all honesty,  they should be thanking Josh for his issues, because they were winding down already.  If they are smart,  they will be able to mild the Josh situation for years.  Even if it is just a periodic tabloid cover, it will still be enough to keep them on the radar.  Babies and weddings will stop being interesting to the sheep, and the only thing that will keep them interesting with be the Josh thing and his redemption tour, or another scandal.  Actually,  if they were smart, they would plan a fake "defection' from the family as that would generate a lot of interest.  They could play the public like a fiddle if they had Jana or the boy twins pretend to break free.  Wouldn't a show like "Duggars in the City" be a hit for awhile?  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived