IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

I think that picture says a lot.  Josh's body position is roughly indifferent to Anna.  He's almost blocking her out, while she clings onto him despite him not responding to her hand on his arm.  Even David and Priscilla look more physically comfortable with each other.

Josh looks aged, tired, and emotionally checked out.  He looks like he is over the double date, the marriage, the life he is leading.  Anna looks good, but there is a desperation to her look as if she hopes that her looks might be enough to convince Josh to return emotionally to the relationship.  

I think it says something when David and Priscilla look like a more natural couple than Josh and Anna.  I have a feeling their marriage is in name only...but that it will be JOSH who finally leaves.  I honestly think there was a part of Josh that hoped Anna WOULD leave him and is disappointed/resentful of her perseverance.  

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Georgiana  I'm not seeing what your seeing.  To me Josh and Anna just look tired and not interested in having their pic taken.  But you know Davey, oblivious to everything but what he wants.  Perhaps Josh understands that he is a heel and is embarrassed to have his mug plastered on someone else's social media.  Maybe he secretly finds David insufferable.  HIs expression could be from any number of things.  

So I zoomed in on the picture that TFDW posted and it looks like Anna might have a cold sore? Or maybe it's a trick of the light, I would really be mad at Smuggar if he gave Anna herpes simplex. Seriously.  I hope it's the light...  Sorry if that's speculation. 

I'm glad people have clarified about Josh up thread, I agree Josh has done enough to be flamed for without embelishing it. It's very hard sometimes to see someone as both a victim and a perpetrator but I do believe this is the case with Josh he is the product of a very disturbing upbringing. He of course currently chooses to perpetuate this but his choice is not as free as our choice might be that's how cults work, mind control. 

I'm not saying we should start sending him sympathy flowers but I think some of who and what Josh is isn't his fault.

now that Josh seems to have experienced perhaps more freely minded women maybe he will question the value of having a wife who agrees with all you say because jebus versus someone with their own opinions of the world. Or maybe the cult cut is too deep.

Either way, couples can and do get over affairs and I would say these two have a better chance than most given how submissively forgiving Anna appears to be. I genuinely believe Josh really loved Anna at least at first, I remember when the first birth was on that episode and he was so sweet with her. I hope that comes back for  them. Everyone deserves a little happiness.

It would be awesome if we could stop reading shit into photos. This photo shows two smiling couples having dinner together. Period.  We do not know the status of their marriage beyond the fact that they are obviously still together.  I really hate this speculation. And the cold sore thing is over the top, in my opinion.  

23 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

It would be awesome if we could stop reading shit into photos. This photo shows two smiling couples having dinner together. Period.  We do not know the status of their marriage beyond the fact that they are obviously still together.  I really hate this speculation. And the cold sore thing is over the top, in my opinion.  

there is reading into photos and then there is surprise that people actually appear in photos together. 

I am surprised in a photo that Jessa and Ben actually sit with Josh and Anna and a picture has been taken.  Because we haven't seen them together in a photo for at least a year.  

Now all of sudden we get pictures of them all together.

We will never know truly whether they are really talking or just posing for pictures.  But whoever releases a picture like that - is obviously trying to weed Josh back into society and yes he is sitting with his sisters but again he is sitting with his sisters. 

1 minute ago, nst said:

there is reading into photos and then there is surprise that people actually appear in photos together. 

I am surprised in a photo that Jessa and Ben actually sit with Josh and Anna and a picture has been taken.  Because we haven't seen them together in a photo for at least a year.  

Now all of sudden we get pictures of them all together.

We will never know truly whether they are really talking or just posing for pictures.  But whoever releases a picture like that - is obviously trying to weed Josh back into society and yes he is sitting with his sisters but again he is sitting with his sisters. 

I understand. There were many photos and a tv show showing Josh with his sisters for many years before he fell from public grace with the molestation and Ashley Madison revelations.  I assume that their publicity people recommended keeping Josh out of the public eye but that doesn't mean he did not still see his family. I agree that it appears that those restrictions may tentatively being lifted and perhaps they are testing the waters with these few photos.

What bothers me is the speculation on the state of Josh and Anna's marriage. Reading his body language in a photo. Saying they look awkward or forced or whatever it was.  I find it uncomfortable to read. Because we know nothing about how Josh is behaving or how Anna feels. We just project our outrage onto them. And I think that's wrong.

Plus it's a flipping picture. They might have been squeezing in to all get in it, hence the awkward posture. 

As for Josh reappearing, I think it would be odder if they cut him out of it all completely. I'm glad that they're not really hiding him as much. That was weird. 

Just now, Fascinated said:

I understand. There were many photos and a tv show showing Josh with his sisters for many years before he fell from public grace with the molestation and Ashley Madison revelations.  I assume that their publicity people recommended keeping Josh out of the public eye but that doesn't mean he did not still see his family. I agree that it appears that those restrictions may tentatively being lifted and perhaps they are testing the waters with these few photos.

What bothers me is the speculation on the state of Josh and Anna's marriage. Reading his body language in a photo. Saying they look awkward or forced or whatever it was.  I find it uncomfortable to read. Because we know nothing about how Josh is behaving or how Anna feels. We just project our outrage onto them. And I think that's wrong.

I am sure after the first scandal - they sat with him at dinner or wherever - but I doubt for a period of time they sat near or him or even talked to him after the second scandal 

unless they were forced too.  again I don't know 

the website is keepinig up with fundies and the person who posted it says that he should hit the gym.  

I could care less about Josh and Anna's marriage.  They sow what they reap blah blah 

but he is unshaven - that is just how he looks 

What fascinates me is that Jessa and Ben who were vocal again for the tv and in print  - I wonder how they truly  feel - but again we don't know because these people never tell the truth.... 

again I don't have siblings so I don't know - 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Plus it's a flipping picture. They might have been squeezing in to all get in it, hence the awkward posture. 

As for Josh reappearing, I think it would be odder if they cut him out of it all completely. I'm glad that they're not really hiding him as much. That was weird. 

they are sitting at a picnic table - J & A on one side and that Krista chickie at the head, with Jessa Ben and Jana all on the other side.  Plenty of room 

it may be have been weird but it was necessary and a relief imo to keep him out of the view 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

they are sitting at a picnic table - J & A on one side and that Krista chickie at the head, with Jessa Ben and Jana all on the other side.  Plenty of room 

it may be have been weird but it was necessary and a relief imo to keep him out of the view 

I was talking about the picture with The Wallers. Haha sorry for that mixup. 

6 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I am sorry you are uncomfortable.  A public picture was posted, and I commented my thoughts on the matter.  I stand by what I said, because that is how they look to me: awkward, ill at ease with each other, exhausted.  

None of us know ANYTHING about any of these people we snark on here, their inner workings, etc. with the very rare exception of those few users who claim to know them in person.  That has never stopped us from commenting on their photos, especially those they take great pains to make public.  Jinger's wedding thread was filled with speculation over Lawson's snapchat, I've commented that the Bates children look like they are trying to escape the clutches of Jill Rodrigues, etc.  Even some innocuous comment such as "They look happy" could be met with exactly the same arguments.  

We all have different boundaries.  I personally find it uncomfortable with certain things we snark on here, but I also think it is the right of the posters to make those observations.  After all, these are adults who CONTINUE to choose to shove their lives into the public eye, and speculation comes with that.

Josh Duggar and Anna ESPECIALLY shoved their marriage into the public eye.  It backfired, but Anna hasn't chosen to take any steps back from the public eye(social pressures aside, she is still an adult and cannot be FORCED to appear).  I strongly feel that Josh and Anna continue to be as fair a game for speculation as any of the other Duggar couples.  

8 hours ago, nst said:

I am sure after the first scandal - they sat with him at dinner or wherever - but I doubt for a period of time they sat near or him or even talked to him after the second scandal 

unless they were forced too.  again I don't know 

the website is keepinig up with fundies and the person who posted it says that he should hit the gym.  

I could care less about Josh and Anna's marriage.  They sow what they reap blah blah 

but he is unshaven - that is just how he looks 

What fascinates me is that Jessa and Ben who were vocal again for the tv and in print  - I wonder how they truly  feel - but again we don't know because these people never tell the truth.... 

again I don't have siblings so I don't know - 

What picture are you talking about?

On 11/12/2016 at 0:46 AM, Georgiana said:

I am sorry you are uncomfortable.  A public picture was posted, and I commented my thoughts on the matter.  I stand by what I said, because that is how they look to me: awkward, ill at ease with each other, exhausted.  

None of us know ANYTHING about any of these people we snark on here, their inner workings, etc. with the very rare exception of those few users who claim to know them in person.  That has never stopped us from commenting on their photos, especially those they take great pains to make public.  Jinger's wedding thread was filled with speculation over Lawson's snapchat, I've commented that the Bates children look like they are trying to escape the clutches of Jill Rodrigues, etc.  Even some innocuous comment such as "They look happy" could be met with exactly the same arguments.  

We all have different boundaries.  I personally find it uncomfortable with certain things we snark on here, but I also think it is the right of the posters to make those observations.  After all, these are adults who CONTINUE to choose to shove their lives into the public eye, and speculation comes with that.

I agree with Georgiana. Aside from commenting on topics that are blatantly against the rules, which is not allowed, everything else is fair game on a snark site. There will always be something that is allowed to snark on but doesn't sit well with a particular poster, but where do we draw the line?

For example, I am not at all bothered by the speculation made on this thread, but I am really bothered by the "pregnancy-watch" type of speculation. As a result, I just pass on the treads/posts that talk about that. Others are in their full right to snark on that or participate on pregnancy-watch if they so wish. 

Like my grandma would have said (when she was alive), "Don't force others to eat salad Just because YOU are on a diet"!

I'm pretty sure someone may have mentioned it already, but after watching the wedding episode, Anna is absolutley pregnant with M5. Redemption baby 2 will come in may or june

Did anyone see Josh at all in the background? We obviously know he was there, and saw him in a picture behind the Jaguar. But couldn't find him anywhere in the background of the ceremony.  I couldn't tell about Anna being pregnant. If she is, certainly not as far along as Jessa. I could see it, but as a smaller person with a slight tummy myself, I don't want to say definitely.

I'm not sure if Anna is pregnant, it did appear like there was something but I don't know. It's hard to tell, she just might be stress eating. God knows she deserves to eat her weight in chocolate if she wants to. 

11 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Did anyone see Josh at all in the background? We obviously know he was there, and saw him in a picture behind the Jaguar. But couldn't find him anywhere in the background of the ceremony.  I couldn't tell about Anna being pregnant. If she is, certainly not as far along as Jessa. I could see it, but as a smaller person with a slight tummy myself, I don't want to say definitely.

I didn't see Josh at all. I wonder if the placed the cameras in such a way that they couldn't get him on film. 

3 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I didn't see Josh at all. I wonder if the placed the cameras in such a way that they couldn't get him on film. 

If only TLC set up the cameras in such a way to hide JRod too :boom:

14 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

If only TLC set up the cameras in such a way to hide JRod too :boom:

Ahhh but they couldn't do that! Jrod is a special kind of camera whore. 

As for Josh, I didn't see him nor do I think that anyone did. They are still trying to hide him as much as possible. 

On 11/11/2016 at 5:20 PM, Fascinated said:

The kind of herpes you get on your lip is different than the one you get...other places.

I think Anna looked nice in her bridesmaid dress. For the past three babies, Anna has delivered in the summer. If she and Josh are intimate for whatever reason, the natural conclusion is that she'll be having a baby sometime in 2017.

i found the episode online and thought i would take some screencaps of anna. she has either gained weight and it's gone to her middle section (her tummy has been much flatter since meredith) or she's pregnant again.

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-23h30m09s555.png

vlcsnap-2016-11-17-23h30m18s718.png

@actuallyjessica Anna looked the same on the episode where Jill and Derick came back from CA.  People have been saying she's pregnant for the past 6 months already.  One of these days it will be true but this picture is not confirmation, to me anyway.

I thought Anna looked stunning in her bridesmaids dress. She also looked fabulous in the photo with the Wallers (aside from the large pile of crap next to her). I don't know if she's pregnant or not. But I agree with @season of life, as she's still living with Josh as though nothing has happened, we can expect an M5 at some point.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived