IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is Audrey going fundie? Honestly I haven't seen much of her because I found her very annoying and turned the channel.

Yes, she and Jeremy are fundie. She recently wrote a blog post that spoke of wifely submission and how the husband owns the wife's body, that sort of total bs. Apparently, she received some pushback and deleted the post. She and Jer also oppose gay marriage and view themselves as 'relationship experts/Christian counselors.' This is something they are pursuing as a career path from what I have read. 

BUT, they must cherry pick what aspects of fundie-dom to follow since in tonight's episode, Audrey hit up the wine bar and public salsa dance lessons with Amy and Tori. 

:2wankers:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Is Audrey going fundie? Honestly I haven't seen much of her because I found her very annoying and turned the channel.

Can you direct me to the thread please?

1 minute ago, patsymae said:

Can you direct me to the thread please?

It's in the reality tv thread:

11 hours ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

Watching 'Little People, Big World' with my teenage daughter and Audrey said that they needed to support Amy in this 'season of life.' :pb_rollseyes:  

I think they are talking about Amy's divorce.

21 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I think they are talking about Amy's divorce.

Yes, that's what Audrey was referring to. I just don't care for the fundie term 'season of life.' I will always personally associate this term with the Duggars/Bates/fundies and it grates on my nerves. 

I haven't ever heard this term 'in real life' and so it's pure fundie to me. 

44 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Which one is Audrey?

Jeremy's wife...the pretty ginger. 

1 minute ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

Jeremy's wife...the pretty ginger. 

Oh, thanks.........I don't watch the show and didn't realize they were fundie. I can't currently stand the vitriol between Amy and husband. I find it is disgusting to put that on TeeVee. So if I turn it on , it quickly gets changed. 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Which one is Audrey?

the one who acts like she is doing everyone a favor all the time

Yeah she's very smug. It's weird I've been watching the season and often when they cut to a Th of Jeremy and "Auj" she looks like she's berm laughing and composes herself to nod in exaggerated serious agreement with whatever Jeremy is saying about his parents divorce and the future of the farm. 

Tries to give Amy marriage advice and asks her to to counseling with Matt. Like seriously. That horse has been dead since before you met these people. 

5 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Oh, thanks.........I don't watch the show and didn't realize they were fundie. I can't currently stand the vitriol between Amy and husband. I find it is disgusting to put that on TeeVee. So if I turn it on , it quickly gets changed. 

I've been watching LP,BW since it started. I could tell right away there was tension btw/Amy/Matt. She seemed to be "putting up w/it" for the most part but that began to erode little by little. matt tends to be very controlling, stubborn, prone to magical thinking, and not very sensitive to women. It all flew apart the year he built the catapult & the little on-Jacob-got hit in the head w/it. She just lost it after that & gave up trying. I'm surprised it lasted this long.  Amy is accustomed to having a lot of people/kids around her & I think she's almost afraid of being alone. I commend them for not airing their dirty linen at their kids' weddings.

As for future shows on them, I'm done, now.

Matt's insanity fascinates me for some reason and how different people react to him and interact with him. 

Um..., I live in Georgia, US, and on my FB page today they were reporting on a Ga. man who drowned on Panama Beach, Florida. They reported also that a woman named Theresa Roak from Ohio also died. Doesn't  Michelle Duggar have a sister Theresa from Ohio? I think Roak is her maiden name. A tropical storm just blew thru there & the serf was very rough.

6 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Um..., I live in Georgia, US, and on my FB page today they were reporting on a Ga. man who drowned on Panama Beach, Florida. They reported also that a woman named Theresa Roak from Ohio also died. Doesn't  Michelle Duggar have a sister Theresa from Ohio? I think Roak is her maiden name. A tropical storm just blew thru there & the serf was very rough.

Her maiden name is Ruark.

I feel very sorry for the families and friends of these two people.

7 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Google tells me that Michelle's maiden name is Ruark. So probably not the same person. But how sad.

Regarding the "Little People, Big World" hooplah, I momentarily confused it for "The Little Couple" and just about had a heart attack as to why they were getting divorced and people were going fundy. "The Little Couple" is thus far the only reasonable "look at my unusual family!" show that TLC has going on right now and sort of reaffirm my faith in the network (post "Trading Spaces" and "Mostly True: Urban Legends Revealed" that is).

Just thought I'd share. Carry on, folks

50 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Regarding the "Little People, Big World" hooplah, I momentarily confused it for "The Little Couple" and just about had a heart attack as to why they were getting divorced and people were going fundy. "The Little Couple" is thus far the only reasonable "look at my unusual family!" show that TLC has going on right now and sort of reaffirm my faith in the network (post "Trading Spaces" and "Mostly True: Urban Legends Revealed" that is).

Just thought I'd share. Carry on, folks

I'm gonna get hit so hard right now: BUT I think The Little Couple is the only normal unusual family is because they had money before the show. Jen Arnold is a doctor and Bill has always worked and owned businesses. They did the show for education purposes not because they were struggling. And their parents have always been heavily involved in their lives. Plus they're educated. Most of the other families are undereducated and eliminate most contact with family. There's a trend.

7 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm gonna get hit so hard right now: BUT I think The Little Couple is the only normal unusual family is because they had money before the show. Jen Arnold is a doctor and Bill has always worked and owned businesses. They did the show for education purposes not because they were struggling. And their parents have always been heavily involved in their lives. Plus they're educated. Most of the other families are undereducated and eliminate most contact with family. There's a trend.

I honestly would agree. They seem the most grounded and stable of the families and were pretty successful on their own (and probably would have been without it). Though Jon and Kate each had jobs and lived the normal suburban life before the show, I  assume that there may have been problems to begin with given how they interacted with each other and how fame went to their heads. Plus, raising 8 kids and juggling schedules/daycare would have been a logistic nightmare. And the Duggars saw their specials as a way to spread their ministry and values (and pay for stuff they totally couldn't afford otherwise). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jen and Bill didn't seem to have anything to gain. And they still seem like a nice, normal, scandal-free family.

The Duggars might want to take notes...   

8 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

I honestly would agree. They seem the most grounded and stable of the families and were pretty successful on their own (and probably would have been without it). Though Jon and Kate each had jobs and lived the normal suburban life before the show, I  assume that there may have been problems to begin with given how they interacted with each other and how fame went to their heads. Plus, raising 8 kids and juggling schedules/daycare would have been a logistic nightmare. And the Duggars saw their specials as a way to spread their ministry and values (and pay for stuff they totally couldn't afford otherwise). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jen and Bill didn't seem to have anything to gain. And they still seem like a nice, normal, scandal-free family.

The Duggars might want to take notes...   

Kate was an RN but I imagine with 8 kids in 3 years, working was just not possible especially when 6 of them are the exact same age. Can you imagine working with 6 one year olds and 2 3 year olds in the house needing a nanny? I don't even want to know how much that would have cost. The Duggars needed money to pay for stuff. I don't actually see how Bill and Jen gained anything from the show. They almost never show Bills store. And obviously a TV show doesn't help getting promoted in a hospital setting. Stay in school kids. It actually pays too.

I love Jen & Bill!!  I have to say one thing. I think having the extra income from their show helped pay for the adoptions of their 2 kids. 

31 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I love Jen & Bill!!  I have to say one thing. I think having the extra income from their show helped pay for the adoptions of their 2 kids. 

Still though, that's a far cry from exploiting children for money and proselytizing (and obnoxious attention in the form of Jon and Kate). I also wouldn't be surprised if their custom house and other necessities to help them out were the result of extra income, but having a functional home where you can actually reach things is a more reasonable splurge than -gasp- getting a shirt with tags (looking at you Mechelle) or a trip around the world and standing in the street corner like a jackass asking if anyone speaks English. I would totes splurge on a jacuzzi tub if I could. But alas... 

Jon & Kate were a mess from the beginning. He already wanted out before they were born. It just crashed & burned from there. Kate did work w/e's when the babies got a few months older, but it had to have been hell. I have never seen two more spoiled kids in my life than those twins. I do like to catch up on how they are all turning out when they pop up from time to time. I hope the next one is when Mattie & the Other One are leaving for college.

7 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Jon & Kate were a mess from the beginning. He already wanted out before they were born. It just crashed & burned from there. Kate did work w/e's when the babies got a few months older, but it had to have been hell. I have never seen two more spoiled kids in my life than those twins. I do like to catch up on how they are all turning out when they pop up from time to time. I hope the next one is when Mattie & the Other One are leaving for college.

Fun fact: Maddy/ie Gosselin was once named one of the worst characters on television. Not sure how I feel about a reality show child being rated that, but I think Josh takes the cake at this point (close second being Jessa). 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived