IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

so either DFOF posted old pictures of Joy with Derick and Jill in SCA or Joy is back in SCA 

which means they are coming home and they need help coming home 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought maybe they didn't send both boys at once because that would have been too expensive. They have to be hurting for money, at least a little.

Maybe Jed isn't into physical activities? ALERT and JTTH seem more optional than mandatory for the Duggars. I don't think Joy went to JTTH or is planning too. I think the only girls who went were Jana and Jill.

1 hour ago, VanillaBean said:

I thought maybe they didn't send both boys at once because that would have been too expensive. They have to be hurting for money, at least a little.

Maybe The one who went wanted to go and the other one didn't. 

23 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Maybe The one who went wanted to go and the other one didn't. 

Or vice versa. 

Or the school does not encourage siblings to go at the same time as they are a united force, and their spirit is harder to break and reprogram.

Doesn't the Army separate friends / siblings for the same psychological breakdown?

5 hours ago, VanillaBean said:

They could sell one of their planes..

I doubt they are hurting financially

3 hours ago, Quivering Uterus said:

Or the school does not encourage siblings to go at the same time as they are a united force, and their spirit is harder to break and reprogram.

Doesn't the Army separate friends / siblings for the same psychological breakdown?

I don't know about the Army, but in the Marine Corps you can sign up to go to recruit training with a buddy, or you could ten years ago at least. 

3 hours ago, Quivering Uterus said:

The Navy, at least, has had a policy of not assigning siblings to the same unit or ship since before WWII.  The five Sullivan brothers of Waterloo, Iowa all insisted that they be assigned together when they joined the Navy following Pearl Harbor (In the case of two brothers, re-upping) and they were all lost when the USS Juneau was torpedoed.  After that tragedy and other similar ones the military developed the Sole Survivor Policy.  Each branch of service has it's own implementation of the policy.

Sole Survivor Policy

13 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Maybe Jed isn't into physical activities? ALERT and JTTH seem more optional than mandatory for the Duggars. I don't think Joy went to JTTH or is planning too. I think the only girls who went were Jana and Jill.

Jessa and Jinger definitely have gone. I figured that they stopped doing JTTH because they already had enough bad PR from the molestation scandal, and didn't need more of it by (openly) sending their daughters to a program run by a guy currently getting sued for sexual harassment.

And as for Jed not going, I'm guessing that either Jeremiah was in more desperate need of reeducation and they didn't want him to have the support of his twin, they wanted to save a few bucks/needed at least one more male in the house to do chores, or ALERT has a policy about siblings going at the same time. Though as far as I can remember, the girls always went in pairs/occasionally threes to JTTH. Maybe Jana went alone a few times, but most of the time, they didn't go alone. But maybe Vacation Bible Gun Camp is different.

I read on DWOP someone met Nancy Daniels at a graduation. They are  a friend of a family member. Daniels hopes ot find a new job before TLC gives her the boot for no hit shows.

31 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

But maybe Vacation Bible Gun Camp is different.

Vacation Bible Gun Camp...omg :pb_lol:

Well, one can only hope that VBGC would indeed be very different from everything else in the entire world.

55 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

Vacation Bible Gun Camp...omg :pb_lol:

Well, one can only hope that VBGC would indeed be very different from everything else in the entire world.

Well, it's skirting awfully close to those Taliban/ISIS indoctrination and paramilitary camps, but it's OK because the kids are clean-cut white Christian kids (with like one black kid to show that they're not racist).

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm going to autocorrect Alert to VBGC!

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Well, it's skirting awfully close to those Taliban/ISIS indoctrination and paramilitary camps, but it's OK because the kids are clean-cut white Christian kids (with like one black kid to show that they're not racist).

And it's in God's country, TX!

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Not to say I am in favor of Christian white kids with guns or any non-professional with guns really, but ISIS? I don't see the Duggar boys blowing themselves up near a nuke plant or something. Not all crazy is the same crazy. In my opinion they mostly harm themselves and the family members in their care.

This cult obviously has no business doing paramilitary training. But I think indoctrination is their end game, while as with ISIS the indoctrination is only the means to the end of murdering innocent people.

21 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I think Jinger and Jessa have also gone on JTTH?

ALERT is also presented as being optional for the Duggars, but with the stories you hear about ALERT, it makes you think whether or not they really have a choice. Of course, at 18, they do, but the ones who go that are younger? Who really knows if it's what they wanted.

On May 31, 2016 at 10:27 AM, EmCatlyn said:

The whole thing was his name. Following the pattern a lot of these people used to abbreviate, he may have been "Died-for-thee" to family and friends.  When they were angry, they probably called him "Damned." ;) 

When any kid in my family got in serious trouble my mother would call them by their first and middle name. 

There were 6 kids in my family. Over the years, and fueled by anger and frustration, the names she called (yelled?) became a hilarious mashup of all of our first names. ;)

I've inherited this trait. We had 2 big dogs until recently, named Boris and Max. When one of them misbehaved I always called them Morris. :)

When Lily and Max showed up on our doorstep as strays, they needed names. I called out random names and the ones they responded to became their names for all time. :) 

I wouldn't even name a hamster Heistheway.  Poor kid! :(

I suspect Jed will be attending ALERT before too long.  The twins have always been close, which I'm sure ALERT didn't want interfering with the indoctrination/teamwork-building/place-your-trust-in-Jesus program.

On 6/3/2016 at 3:27 PM, nst said:

so either DFOF posted old pictures of Joy with Derick and Jill in SCA or Joy is back in SCA 

Well, as we all know from Anna and Josh's road trip way back when, we can't possibly expect a woman who was purportedly raised to pump out and raise/manage good little brainwashed children to take care of her own child(ren) on a trip. Just make your sister/sister-in-law/daughters/whatever Sintral Amurrikan heathen brown people are still willing to put up with you raise them for you so you can spend all your time having that sweet Jesus-approved bone zone with your husband.

On 6/2/2016 at 9:13 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

Why does Franicia need a LinkedIn page if she's a homeschooler and homemaker? Isn't LinkedIn more for career-oriented folks, for networking?

You can't apply logic to this. Of course she thinks  she needs to network, because she's a blogger and encouragement to other fundy wives.

On 3.6.2016 at 3:24 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does she at least go by a nick name? Like Hessy? 

I really hope she has a nickname or a decent middle name in case she ever needs it. The rest of the kids have fairly normal names, haven't they? I mean normal by fundiestandards.

On June 3, 2016 at 9:27 AM, nst said:

Then we should get a pregnancy announcement in the next 6-8 weeks or so since they won't have to worry about the ebil Zika virus anymore...

also - my first post... I figured it belonged in a duggar thread since they are what brought me here (over a year ago...)

On 6/2/2016 at 4:05 PM, Bad Wolf said:

His head was shaved after his first "rehab", doing construction work. Maybe that's why he hates manual labor now. Hammering and nailing while being preached at when you're 15, can't have been helpful. :violence-hammer:

He seemed to enjoy "hammering and nailing" as he got older! :my_tongue:

19 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

Then we should get a pregnancy announcement in the next 6-8 weeks or so since they won't have to worry about the ebil Zika virus anymore...

also - my first post... I figured it belonged in a duggar thread since they are what brought me here (over a year ago...)

I'm surprised not to have seen one yet.  Izzy turned one a whole 8.5 weeks ago.  They've had at least two attempts to get pregnant since then.  At this rate, Jessa will be pregnant again first.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived