IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

On 6/13/2016 at 4:16 PM, Jana814 said:

To bad more states don't have the laws that California has again minors (usually actors) supporting their parents. 

I'm waiting for the point where those kids from TLC and other reality shows push for those laws in more states, or even to get a federal law passed.

As far as Duggar weddings go, for those used to typical wedding things would find themselves to be disappointed and really bored.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked 'A Baby story' and though SO scripted, Trauma: Life in the ER. I like the show about Miami-Dade's Venom One unit, Venom ER and Animal Cops on Animal Planet. 

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

I liked 'A Baby story' and though SO scripted, Trauma: Life in the ER. I like the show about Miami-Dade's Venom One unit, Venom ER and Animal Cops on Animal Planet. 

Oooooo, I love the ER shows! I used to watch them while having dinner and my roomies all looked at me like I was crazy because I'm watching someone having exploratory surgery with doctors digging through a man's insides while I'm inhaling my Kraft dinner. :my_cool:

2 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

I loved Animal Precinct/Animal Cops, but lord those shows were depressing. There's a slightly more lighthearted animal rescue show entirely on YouTube called Outback Wildlife Rescue. That show managed to make crocodiles seem adorable.

I watched "A Baby Story" but only because I was pregnant so I was into that kind of thing. It was annoying though because they always did corny, pointless things like have their friend's 2-year-old come over for them to "practice" with. Because babysitting a toddler for a couple hours will really teach you so much about caring for a newborn.

Oh and I just remembered about those casts of their pregnant belly they all used to do, I haven't heard of anyone doing those for years...do women still? So silly to me. Then what are you supposed to do with that big ol' thing for the rest of your life? Just take pictures like a normal person. Then I remember in one episode, after the baby was born they did a cast of the baby's butt too! That was bizarre as hell.

8 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

Oooooo, I love the ER shows! I used to watch them while having dinner and my roomies all looked at me like I was crazy because I'm watching someone having exploratory surgery with doctors digging through a man's insides while I'm inhaling my Kraft dinner. :my_cool:

Kraft Dinner? 

Your Canadian is showing ;-)

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kraft Dinner? 

Well... if I had a million dollars, I'd just eat more.

(Thanks Barenaked Ladies. That's what I think of every time I see/hear Kraft Dinner.)

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kraft Dinner? 

Degrassi, 21 Jumpstreet, the xfiles, MacGyver

I could go on all day

8 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

<snip>

Oh and I just remembered about those casts of their pregnant belly they all used to do, I haven't heard of anyone doing those for years...do women still? So silly to me. Then what are you supposed to do with that big ol' thing for the rest of your life? Just take pictures like a normal person. Then I remember in one episode, after the baby was born they did a cast of the baby's butt too! That was bizarre as hell.

The lead singer of We The Kings and his wife had a baby in December, and he made vlogs about the entire experience. They made a cast of her belly, but they were having it made into a bowl that they would use in their house. Crafty, I guess, though not for me.

As for casting the baby's butt... That's just weird. Really, really weird.

8 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

I remember that episode. I think the father worked in special effects so he had a special kind of plaster for it. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kraft Dinner? 

I have no idea what you're talking about :P ugh...Kraft dinner...there are a couple (or maybe more) other expressions that tend to give me away even after going to university here in the States. I always like to think that I'm using a good mix of both vernaculars and know when to use which but I have come to realize over and over again that that is not the case haha. I'll be back as a graduate student this fall, so I should have 2-3 more years to practice :D . However, pencil crayons are and will always be pencil crayons, no matter what US children are trying to tell me. :P

26 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I remember that episode. I think the father worked in special effects so he had a special kind of plaster for it. 

Good, I'm glad someone else remembers it! It was so weird that I had to keep asking myself if I was remembering this right. I think they were making stepping stones for their garden or something? And the older kids did hand prints, and the baby did a butt print. But WHY? Babies have hands too.

I can only imagine how humiliated I would have felt as a child if there was TV footage of my parents making a print of my butt! And unlike with those ultramodest Duggar babies, TLC didn't even blur out no-no parts in babies on that show.

18 hours ago, jozina said:

Four Weddings is just BLERGH.  Our wedding theme was "2 people getting married".

OMG, no way!  I bet they never thought to do a show about that!  :)

Episode 1:  you guys

Episode 2: my wedding

Episodes 3 - 9,000,000   Every other normal person.

3 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

The lead singer of We The Kings and his wife had a baby in December, and he made vlogs about the entire experience. They made a cast of her belly, but they were having it made into a bowl that they would use in their house.

OK, what do you serve from that bowl that would not remind you that a fetus lived there?? 

I so want a butt cast for my kids, wish they were around years ago.  I could blackmail my kids, when their friends come over, if they don't behave I will hang those things on the wall and show everyone.

11 minutes ago, anotherone said:

OK, what do you serve from that bowl that would not remind you that a fetus lived there?? 

I so want a butt cast for my kids, wish they were around years ago.  I could blackmail my kids, when their friends come over, if they don't behave I will hang those things on the wall and show everyone.

Fruit, perhaps? It's all about the symbolism! :P

8 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Well... if I had a million dollars, I'd just eat more.

Yes, but would you buy really expensive ketchup to go with it???

8 hours ago, nst said:

Degrassi, 21 Jumpstreet, the xfiles, MacGyver

I could go on all day

DaVinci's Inquest, Mr Dressup, Beachcombers.

So could I :my_biggrin:

20 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

Yes, but would you buy really expensive ketchup to go with it???

DaVinci's Inquest, Mr Dressup, Beachcombers.

So could I :my_biggrin:

bates motel, another stakeout, Fifty Shades of Grey 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

bates motel, another stakeout, Fifty Shades of Grey 

Outer limits, night heat, this hour has 22 minutes 

18 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

Outer limits, night heat, this hour has 22 minutes 

• Battlestar Galactica.
  • The L-Word.
  • Fringe. 

6 minutes ago, nst said:
  • Battlestar Galactica.
  • The L-Word.
  • Fringe. 

Road to avonlea, romper room, w5.

23 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

As far as Duggar weddings go, for those used to typical wedding things would find themselves to be disappointed and really bored.

IMO the only Duggar wedding that was interesting was Josh and Anna's.   They were still a novelty at the time, the show still portrayed them as a freak show, and Mike Keller's lines were just gold.  

Plus who can forget little frumper clad Carlin Bates excited about trashing the car?

Jill's was semi-interesting just because it showed JB being a cheapskate, but the prep was endless (hair trials when they didn't even wear their hair in any special way?).  Jessa's was Jill 2.0 and too close to Jill's to have much novelty.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

IMO the only Duggar wedding that was interesting was Josh and Anna's.   They were still a novelty at the time, the show still portrayed them as a freak show, and Mike Keller's lines were just gold.  

Plus who can forget little frumper clad Carlin Bates excited about trashing the car?

Jill's was semi-interesting just because it showed JB being a cheapskate, but the prep was endless (hair trials when they didn't even wear their hair in any special way?).  Jessa's was Jill 2.0 and too close to Jill's to have much novelty.

Don't forget Sierra made Jill and Jessa's wedding so much more annoying with her bug eyed planning frenzie.

Was in Barnes & Noble earlier this evening, the girls book has been rereleased with "new stories & added photos". I didn't flip through it, couldn't bring myself to crack it open.

1 minute ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Was in Barnes & Noble earlier this evening, the girls book has been rereleased with "new stories & added photos". I didn't flip through it, couldn't bring myself to crack it open.

New stories......now that would be interesting. Pray tell, what will those stories be......

I can only assume they added bits about Joshgate. Hmmmm, I wonder if Amazon has the "look inside" for the new book!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived