IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

11 minutes ago, just...sare said:

I took it to mean that Jeremiah had done something to be sent to ALERT, and Jedidiah hadn't. I thought ALERT was more of a punishment than an opportunity? I could be wrong.

I think they use it as both. Maybe they separated them as further punishment. It's probably easier to break your spirit if you twin brother isn't there :my_sad:

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeremiah is the better-looking one, right?  Maybe they were afraid he'd get vain.  (And yes, I thought ALERT was a punishment too, though I don't know if Josh ever went.  I know Joseph and Josiah did.)

He's almost 18, they could send him to the honest-to-goodness military if they thought he'd pass the ASVAB.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm surprised the Duggars haven't come up with that idea. A talking Josie doll.

God loves you. We're speshul snowflakes. Please buy my brother's cars, etc. :laughing-rofl:

We could have fun with this.

But, they've already got one! Josie!

And come to think about it, the other 18 are also their parents talking dolls... 

5 minutes ago, Julifornia said:

Jeremiah is the better-looking one, right?  Maybe they were afraid he'd get vain.  (And yes, I thought ALERT was a punishment too, though I don't know if Josh ever went.  I know Joseph and Josiah did.)

He's almost 18, they could send him to the honest-to-goodness military if they thought he'd pass the ASVAB.

I sound superficial saying this but I think Jer will be one of the few Duggar boys without the unfortunate receding hairline that sets in on their 18th birthdays. He has great hair and is handsome so I do think he's one of the best looking Duggar boys.

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think they use it as both. Maybe they separated them as further punishment. It's probably easier to break your spirit if you twin brother isn't there :my_sad:

Yes, I think they keep the twins separated so they don't develop that special closeness and loyalty to each other that twins sometimes have.

48 minutes ago, just...sare said:

I took it to mean that Jeremiah had done something to be sent to ALERT, and Jedidiah hadn't. I thought ALERT was more of a punishment than an opportunity? I could be wrong.

Well, his parents did say they were "so surprised" that he won the 1 Timothy 4:12 award for being an "encourager and example to the other recruits". Maybe a flagging servant's heart and a lack of joyful attitude earned him the stint at ALERT?

Something about their comment annoys me. Sure, they also used the word thrilled to denote their delight at his award, but "so surprised" came first. Are the Duggars EVER able to deliver a heart-felt compliment or tribute without adding at least a bit of passive-aggressive dickery?

On 6/1/2016 at 6:52 AM, nst said:

thelordbewithyou

therighteous

heisworthy

sheisworthy

i could go on all day :D

I met a woman named Imworthy. So weird to name someone a complete sentence. Why not just go with "Worthy", if one is so inclined? It's your name so it should be obvious that it refers to you.

I'm still on Heistheway. Please tell me the girls real name is something else. Please. That can't possibly be her real name.

2 hours ago, Julifornia said:

He's almost 18, they could send him to the honest-to-goodness military if they thought he'd pass the ASVAB. believed in the secular Armed Forces which have wimmen, gays & godless heatherns in them. And also do not run on "Duggar Time."

5 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm still on Heistheway. Please tell me the girls real name is something else. Please. That can't possibly be her real name.

I can 't believe it either - Heistheway and Spurgeon

who would have thought

next year it will be Harrison and FortStJohn  :D

3 hours ago, just...sare said:

But Josh never went to ALERT. If they were being sent as punishment, Josh would still be there.

Josiah stayed for a year. I think he enjoyed it. Some of the physical stuff looked like fun.Alert Cadet is to keep the boys from joining boy scouts, though it's only for a week.

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Is this pronounced like a sentence, too?  heist-a-way, while still unusual, is at least not recognizable as a sentence (and therefore is much less confusing) when speaking.  

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But Josh never went to ALERT. If they were being sent as punishment, Josh would still be there.

I was thinking Josh went to ALERT and that's why his head was shaved in one of the early specials. 

52 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That's true; was ALERT around back then? Or perhaps he did his farm-work-therapy instead. Maybe ALERT didn't want him.

EDIT again... I'm completely omitting that last paragraph because I'm just uncomfortable with it as far as it might have been a little too close to a line we shouldn't cross. I tried rephrasing and it just didn't make me any more comfortable.

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was thinking Josh went to ALERT and that's why his head was shaved in one of the early specials. 

I thought that too. 

His head was shaved after his first "rehab", doing construction work. Maybe that's why he hates manual labor now. Hammering and nailing while being preached at when you're 15, can't have been helpful. :violence-hammer:

On 5/27/2016 at 10:00 PM, Bad Wolf said:

And as you know, @jesuscampsongs, not all licensed counsellors are great. Humble MSW here, I've come across the magnificent, and the ones I wouldn't send my dog to. I have to say, that most were hard working and competent.

When I first got sick, my family doctor sent me to a psychiatrist as a part of my evaluation.

When I got in to see him, he spent about 15 minutes consulting wikipedia about the part of my illness he had never heard of before. Maybe that's fair, I don't exactly have a frame of reference for these things. But what followed was that he spent an additional 15 minutes telling me that the medication I was taking for the illness he had never heard of until a few minutes before would never help me (despite confirmed cases from my other doctor that it had) and that I should stop taking said medicine immediately.

Wow, doc. And they actually gave you that medical diploma, huh? How he ever made it through med school, I'll never figure out. :pb_rollseyes:

I don't know who Josh and Anna are seeing for counseling, but just about anyone has got to be better than this guy or someone who's constantly telling Anna it's all her fault.

I'm hoping that it's someone who is, at the very least, encouraging open communication between them.

9 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Don't worry. There will surely be a video posted today congratulating him.

Of course, the video was just Boob & J'chelle. It was so awkward. They were holding Marcus and like looking at him and back at the camera. No post or birthday wishes from his own parents....

17 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

Of course, the video was just Boob & J'chelle. It was so awkward. They were holding Marcus and like looking at him and back at the camera. No post or birthday wishes from his own parents....

I don't remember....but I don't think we have heard any actual words from Joshley's mouth since he resurfaced, have we? 

34 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I don't remember....but I don't think we have heard any actual words from Joshley's mouth since he resurfaced, have we? 

I think you are right we haven't heard a thing from Josh. 

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I sound superficial saying this but I think Jer will be one of the few Duggar boys without the unfortunate receding hairline that sets in on their 18th birthdays. He has great hair and is handsome so I do think he's one of the best looking Duggar boys.

I'm hoping that too. But he shaved it off for ALERT. Josiah had a perfectly good head of hair until he went to ALERT and then the balding kicked in! I hope the same doesn't happen to Jer.

Save your sons' hairlines Duggars! Don't send them to ALERT!  :boom:

Why does Franicia need a LinkedIn page if she's a homeschooler and homemaker? Isn't LinkedIn more for career-oriented folks, for networking?

14 hours ago, anotherone said:

Yes, I think they keep the twins separated so they don't develop that special closeness and loyalty to each other that twins sometimes have.

And that -again!!- is so sick and twisted. It disgusts me. I'd love to see the twins run away together. And Jana and John-David following closely.

12 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I feel so so sorry for her. And sometimes I even wish that she stays in their circles. Even in fundieland her name is awful, but imagine her living in the real world with that name.

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

And that -again!!- is so sick and twisted. It disgusts me. I'd love to see the twins run away together. And Jana and John-David following closely.

I feel so so sorry for her. And sometimes I even wish that she stays in their circles. Even in fundieland her name is awful, but imagine her living in the real world with that name.

Does she at least go by a nick name? Like Hessy? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived