IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

11 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Well... if I had a million dollars, I'd just eat more.

(Thanks Barenaked Ladies. That's what I think of every time I see/hear Kraft Dinner.)

President's Choice is waaaay more Canadian than Kraft. I love my President's Choice white cheddar mac n' cheese, made with sour cream, extra cheddar, bacon, broccoli and green onions. I call it Sinner's Dinner (Tater Tot Casserole, eat your heart out).

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I can only assume they added bits about Joshgate. Hmmmm, I wonder if Amazon has the "look inside" for the new book!

I am laughing. Was heading to B&N tomorrow. If I see it, I will report back. Not buy, but read a bit for free. And laugh some more. I'm sure nothing new. Maybe Jessa and Bin have figured out how to pack a diaper bag quickly. 

12 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

IMO the only Duggar wedding that was interesting was Josh and Anna's.   They were still a novelty at the time, the show still portrayed them as a freak show, and Mike Keller's lines were just gold.  

Plus who can forget little frumper clad Carlin Bates excited about trashing the car?

Jill's was semi-interesting just because it showed JB being a cheapskate, but the prep was endless (hair trials when they didn't even wear their hair in any special way?).  Jessa's was Jill 2.0 and too close to Jill's to have much novelty.

Jill's wedding also revealed more of the CinderJana dynamic. Poor girl sewed all the boys' ties and make the Godless Harlot Rags that Jill picked out for her bridesmaid dresses into Godly Modest Dresses That Reveal The Countenance, and we never saw Jill give her so much as a thank-you.

17 hours ago, Playagirl said:

Road to avonlea, romper room, w5.

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK!!!! I just about freaked out when they released it on DVD. Good for rainy days and cocoa. Animorphs was Canadian too I believe

2 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK!!!! I just about freaked out when they released it on DVD. Good for rainy days and cocoa. Animorphs was Canadian too I believe

I've never seen either of these. Off to Google them....

17 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I am laughing. Was heading to B&N tomorrow. If I see it, I will report back. Not buy, but read a bit for free. And laugh some more. I'm sure nothing new. Maybe Jessa and Bin have figured out how to pack a diaper bag quickly. 

Went into B&N today and couldn't find it!! Too embarrassed to ask, ha ha. 

25 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Went into B&N today and couldn't find it!! Too embarrassed to ask, ha ha. 

Thanks for trying.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 4:25 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

I can only assume they added bits about Joshgate. Hmmmm, I wonder if Amazon has the "look inside" for the new book!

No, no. This is the Duggars, the "new stories & added photos" will actually mean no new stories and no added photos, just a mirrored page at the back so you can see your own face next to the speech bubble saying "Well, I wasn't expecting that!". ;) 

On 6/15/2016 at 8:13 PM, Playagirl said:

Yes, but would you buy really expensive ketchup to go with it???

Dijon ketchup!

20 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Not to promote myself but I actually just started rewatching Are You Afraid of the Dark for nostalgic value and blogging about it. A surprising amount of the show still holds up and is so profoundly Canadian. Love it!

audreyisafraidofthedark.wordpress.com

11 minutes ago, trisprefect said:

Not to promote myself but I actually just started rewatching Are You Afraid of the Dark for nostalgic value and blogging about it. A surprising amount of the show still holds up and is so profoundly Canadian. Love it!

audreyisafraidofthedark.wordpress.com

We have a list of member blogs - if you'd like this added shoot me a PM.  Thanks.

It's Father's Day, so time to honor Jim Bob!

This next one is a real kicker. Michelle... doing something?

oof. how can she cook with her hair down? that was my first cooking lesson: always put your hair up before you start cooking and if you touch your hair, wash your hands.

the only times I've ignored my Mom's warning I found a hair in whatever I was mixing. NEVER AGAIN.

33 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Five bucks says she body-slammed Jana out of frame, put on an apron, and posed for the camera. I don't believe for a second that Michelle has done anything useful in the house in years besides create more housekeeping slaves.

Jessa thought of 100 things to say about Boob. Here's some she's missing.

1. He cares more about his son who forcibly touched his siblings than the siblings who were touched.

2. He constantly mocks his children.

3. Being inappropriate in public is okay (dry humping J'Chelle) but God strike you if you kiss before marriage

4. Says pedophiles should be burned (cannot remember the exact comment) but his son is one.

48 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Who did the one on the front right? The crust looks perfect. The rest have crust that looks all wonky. I'm never in the mood for pumpkin pie in the summer. I bet JB special requested it. 

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who did the one on the front right? The crust looks perfect. The rest have crust that looks all wonky. I'm never in the mood for pumpkin pie in the summer. I bet JB special requested it. 

Jana probably did the front right one, then Michelle and Josie wanted to try.

So no videos of the kids at home saying how thankful they are for the Boob? Well there's still time but hopefully we will be spared of that. As for Michelle.... I would not believe she had actually cooked anything unless I saw a video of her doing so from start to finish. Even then I would still be a little suspicious because they sure know how to make Jana invisible.

Those are really yellow pumpkin pies. When I first saw the picture I assumed lemon or another yellow fruit.

I thought the same thing, but I think that's the overhead kitchen lighting. I want to know where they bought those crimped-edged pieshells. You know they didn't make them. 

And I agree that Mechelle is posing. Hannie has graduated to JSlave status; I bet she opened a lot of cans and did a lot of mixing in her little Jesus apron. I mean,  if the Headship wants pumpkin pie, EVERYONE gets pumpkin pie! 

5 hours ago, ljohnson2006 said:

Jessa thought of 100 things to say about Boob. Here's some she's missing.

1. He cares more about his son who forcibly touched his siblings than the siblings who were touched.

2. He constantly mocks his children.

3. Being inappropriate in public is okay (dry humping J'Chelle) but God strike you if you kiss before marriage

4. Says pedophiles should be burned (cannot remember the exact comment) but his son is one.

Thank you for making me defend my molester brother while I suffered in silence. 

Thank you for setting me up with a 17 year old toilet scrubber without my approval. 

Thank you for failing to educate me in any skill I can use outside of a household. 

Carry on! 

4 hours ago, ljohnson2006 said:

J'Chelle has cooked in years. What BS.

Mixing a pumpkin pie custard and pouring it into a crust and then crimping the crust (what Michelle seems to be doing) is very easy.  If they use canned pumpkin mixture and/or refrigerator crust, it is even easier. (The tricky part is baking the right amount of time, making sure the crust doesn't overbake, etc. And probably she just sits back and lets the older girls do that.)

I am sure Michelle hasn't stood over a hot stove for hours in years, but putting together pumpkin pies is not unpleasant, and I don't doubt that, especially now that she hasn't been pregnant in a few years, Michelle may on occasion do a little recreational cooking.

I know a couple of women who have had paid servants to do the cooking, but who like to make certain special dishes once in a while. The burden of cooking is having to cook every day.  If you don't have to, it can be fun.

So I can believe Michelle may be participating in cooking the pies with her daughters.

JMHO

42 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

Mixing a pumpkin pie custard and pouring it into a crust and then crimping the crust (what Michelle seems to be doing) is very easy.  If they use canned pumpkin mixture and/or refrigerator crust, it is even easier. (The tricky part is baking the right amount of time, making sure the crust doesn't overbake, etc. And probably she just sits back and lets the older girls do that.)

I am sure Michelle hasn't stood over a hot stove for hours in years, but putting together pumpkin pies is not unpleasant, and I don't doubt that, especially now that she hasn't been pregnant in a few years, Michelle may on occasion do a little recreational cooking.

I know a couple of women who have had paid servants to do the cooking, but who like to make certain special dishes once in a while. The burden of cooking is having to cook every day.  If you don't have to, it can be fun.

So I can believe Michelle may be participating in cooking the pies with her daughters.

JMHO

True. 

"Hey y'all! We have a special treat for today! Mama is going to help us in the kitchen! She's such a blessing. I love the twice a year baking she does with us! Daddy's birthday and Father's Day! Making sweet memories!"

On 6/15/2016 at 2:10 AM, Coy Koi said:

I watched "A Baby Story" but only because I was pregnant so I was into that kind of thing. It was annoying though because they always did corny, pointless things like have their friend's 2-year-old come over for them to "practice" with. Because babysitting a toddler for a couple hours will really teach you so much about caring for a newborn.

Your post reminded me of a short-lived reality show from a few years ago (not on TLC, it was on one of the main networks) that I watched because it was filmed in the city where I live. They took several teenage couples who were convinced that they wanted to have babies right now and each week they were assigned a child of a different age to care for (first week was babies, then toddlers, then pre-schoolers, etc.), the point being to show them how hard it is to be parents and maybe dissuade them from reproducing for at least a few more years. But then the last week they gave each couple an elderly person, presumably to simulate caring for aging parents, which I always thought was sort of odd because whether or not you end up caring for your parents as they get older has nothing to do with when or if you have kids. It was a pretty silly show in all aspects but I always remember how silly that particular part of it seemed. 

On 6/16/2016 at 8:20 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Jill's wedding also revealed more of the CinderJana dynamic. Poor girl sewed all the boys' ties and make the Godless Harlot Rags that Jill picked out for her bridesmaid dresses into Godly Modest Dresses That Reveal The Countenance, and we never saw Jill give her so much as a thank-you.

She stood there and talked about how Jana was working and then how she couldn't possibly eat anymore fingersandwhiches to fit into her dress.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived