IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

14 minutes ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Fun fact: Maddy/ie Gosselin was once named one of the worst characters on television. Not sure how I feel about a reality show child being rated that, but I think Josh takes the cake at this point (close second being Jessa). 

I thought Maddie was absolutely awful. I could barely watch her. She is viscous. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I thought Maddie was absolutely awful. I could barely watch her. She is viscous. 

She is Kate.

Remember when Kate thought Maddy was like Jon and Cara was like her- Jon quickly called her out on that BS.

I dunno, I do like the Little  Couple and they do SEEM relatively normal, but I have stopped watching them.  Partly because normal behaviour isn't as compelling as watching a train wreck (which says something not so good about me! :my_confused:) Partly because I feel like the longer they are on TV, the more people risk getting screwed up by it, and I don't want to participate in that.  I think that it is like the whole child star thing -it IS possible to be in show business and turn out fine, but the longer you are involved in it, the more you risk ending up all screwed up. 

As far as Maddy Gosselin goes, I think she behaved like a child. She was moody and mouthy and sulky, a right pain in the ass and she got on my nerves, BUT I was probably about as bad at her age and some days I'm worse than that at the age I am now.  The difference is that I don't have cameras recording that and broadcasting  it for all to see and criticise.  I'm not a fan of Jon or Kate's parenting skills, nor do I think it was fair to make Maddy be part of a show she clearly didn't want anything to do with it.  It's now forever out there just how obnoxious she was and that sucks because I don't think she had much choice about being on the program. She was a child acting childish, let's hope that she matures out of it and that the public is allowed to forget how annoying she was. 

What happened to the rest of those reality shows?  I remember seeing a commercial about a year ago for a show about a boy born with no hands or feet, and he was swimming around in a pool.  I never saw the show though or ever just saw it listed on a lineup.  It seemed there were a bunch of those that TLC started but they never lasted.

As annoying as Maddy was, I can't really blame her. All of a sudden she had 6 tiny babies in the house that received all of the attention. Her dad was absent and her mom was controlling. Nothings really changed either. I'm not sure how I would react to having to grow up like that. 

I love The Little People but I really think having more than one show about people w/a disability is enough.

The Arnolds live their life around their handicap, not because of it. They do shamelessly spoil those 2 kids, tho, and I do believe if they had wanted to intentionally adopt children w/dwarfism they could have found them right here the US of A.

13 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

I love The Little People but I really think having more than one show about people w/a disability is enough.

The Arnolds live their life around their handicap, not because of it. They do shamelessly spoil those 2 kids, tho, and I do believe if they had wanted to intentionally adopt children w/dwarfism they could have found them right here the US of A.

You think so? Have you see the show 7 Little Johnstons? They have 2 bio kids with dwarfism and 3 adopted children with dwarfism from other countries. I get the impression that there aren't a lot of children with dwarfism in the US up for adoption.

No their aren't a lot of children with dwarfism in the US up for adoption. Mostly because in the US it is more acceptable to have a child with dwarfism compared to other counties. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You think so? Have you see the show 7 Little Johnstons? They have 2 bio kids with dwarfism and 3 adopted children with dwarfism from other countries. I get the impression that there aren't a lot of children with dwarfism in the US up for adoption.

I think Americans are just more accepting. Less kids get put up for adoption with disabilities. It's more taboo. That's why you see 7 Little Johnsons and The Little Couple adopt kids from places like China where there's a bigger stigma.

1 minute ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think Americans are just more accepting. Less kids get put up for adoption with disabilities. It's more taboo. That's why you see 7 Little Johnsons and The Little Couple adopt kids from places like China where there's a bigger stigma.

There seem to be plenty of children with disabilities up for adoption in the US. But I get the impression that dwarfism may not be seen as a severe disability (although it can be severe) and maybe that's why there aren't that many children with dwarfism put up for adoption. Plus I would say other disabilities like CP are more common in the US compared to dwarfism.

I didn't like Jon and Kate plus 8 when the kids were younger and then I saw some of it now that the twins are teenagers. It was even worse. I really think Kate Gosselin is going to reap what she sowed. Yikes.  

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I didn't like Jon and Kate plus 8 when the kids were younger and then I saw some of it now that the twins are teenagers. It was even worse. I really think Kate Gosselin is going to reap what she sowed. Yikes.  

I think Maddie has an attitude exactly like Kate. If you have a nasty attitude don't be shocked if one of your 8 kids does as well.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There seem to be plenty of children with disabilities up for adoption in the US. But I get the impression that dwarfism may not be seen as a severe disability (although it can be severe) and maybe that's why there aren't that many children with dwarfism put up for adoption. Plus I would say other disabilities like CP are more common in the US compared to dwarfism.

I also don't think that dwarfism is considered a disability in the US.  Because may people have the resources to help their children if they have it. 

I once saw a story of a family who had a son with dwarfism. This family intentionally adopted another child from China with the same form of dwarfism as their son so he could have a sibling. They already had 2 average size daughters.

10 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I also don't think that dwarfism is considered a disability in the US.  Because may people have the resources to help their children if they have it. 

I once saw a story of a family who had a son with dwarfism. This family intentionally adopted another child from China with the same form of dwarfism as their son so he could have a sibling. They already had 2 average size daughters.

I think it's considered a disability in terms of handicap parking spaces and protected class like everyone else. But I'm pretty sure most people don't think of it as a 'real' disability. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I concur. Because I have had two pregnancies that ended in loss, I have looked into adoption. I am not a viable adoptive mother for a number of reasons, however, most of the children available for adoption within the US and Canada are either SEVERELY disabled - feeding tubes, surgeries, a lot cognitive disabilities. OR they are large family groups. 

While I personally might be able to adopt 2 children, I can't take 5 or 6. Unfortunately (or fortunately), many agencies will not split up sibling groups, or will only seperate them if older children agree. As a result, and because many parents don't want older children (and for me, older is 8/9+, because I would want to enjoy the kid bit that happens from 5 to 8 - I think those are some of the best years!, and because I would home school for the first few years, this would be too old for me personally), the groups are unadoptable.

Dwarfism on the other hand, while it can involve some medical needs, I would consider those moderate, and if the kids are cognitively on target, well its a lot easier to deal with medical issues as a parent as well when you don't have to worry about cognitive disabilities as well.  

All this bashing on Maddie, when 2 of the sextuplets got suspended/expelled from school at a shockingly young age (under 10).  Objectively she's not the worst of those kids, who are all screwed up in their own way.  And being a little kid with dysfunctional parents and then getting 6 babies coming in and needing all that attention and then strange people with cameras coming into your house and not only telling you to do things but distracting your parents even further.  Any of those things individually would make a kid act out for attention, let alone the tripple whammy Maddie and Cara got.

Finally - lets not forget editing, for all we know TLC only showed her being spoiled and misbehaving, and had actually far more footage of her being nice and reasonable than being childish, they just chose not to show it - we don't know this isn't true.

Went camping for 3 days, and it's taken me 2 hours to catch up. Good thing there were no new scandals. We took our 12 year old grandson. After a lunch of spaghetti, followed by a sandwich, chips, granola bar and apple, he announced that he was still hungry. BTW he's tall and skinny.

How do the Ds keep all those kids and kidults fed?

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Went camping for 3 days, and it's taken me 2 hours to catch up. Good thing there were no new scandals. We took our 12 year old grandson. After a lunch of spaghetti, followed by a sandwich, chips, granola bar and apple, he announced that he was still hungry. BTW he's tall and skinny.

How do the Ds keep all those kids and kidults fed?

Rice and canned shit- and let them go hungry.

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Rice and canned shit- and let them go hungry.

Sigh. That's probably true. Jill used to sneak food into the bathroom  to eat. JB and M should be ashamed.

13 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Sigh. That's probably true. Jill used to sneak food into the bathroom  to eat. JB and M should be ashamed.

But they are not, I fear. 

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm sorry, but what?!

4 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

I'm sorry, but what?!

Yeah Jill snuck food when she was a kid so she wouldn't have to share with her millions of siblings. I guarentee all the kids did that.

8 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

I'm sorry, but what?!

Food sneaking/hoarding is a major red flag for neglect. It's not a normal childhood behavior.

19 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Food sneaking/hoarding is a major red flag for neglect. It's not a normal childhood behavior.

This are the duggars we're talking about. They tick every box

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah Jill snuck food when she was a kid so she wouldn't have to share with her millions of siblings. I guarentee all the kids did that.

Doesn't surprise me at all that she did that. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived