IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

17 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Geez, my takeaway from these posts is God is sure self-centered and needy, wanting all that attention all the time.  Praise me, me ME!!  every time you say a word, even a baby's name or a hashtag.  All you can talk about is MEEEEE!!!!  You don't have to do anything, learn anything, contribute to society, just praise me all day and night! My favorite ways of being praised are baby count competitions and baby name wars.

I hope that doesn't sound so blasphemous, but think if you had to talk about your dad that way, you couldn't walk into the house without going, oh praise Dad oh thank you for everything you've done for me, over and over, every day, and you never actually did anything concrete (helped him mow the lawn or whatever), you just praised him and talked about him constantly and named your kid after him.  That seems their view of God.

Yeah, this God of theirs is one insecure a-hole... either that or he gets off of hearing is own name.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

SHE went to the Naval Academy??  Seriously? Did she then do her 4 year commitment and leave the Navy?

Oh, yeah. I think she was the first woman and person from her area to attend the Naval Academy. It was such a big deal she got an article in a newspaper about it. The article is online for anyone who wants to see, just type up Franicia Tomokane and U.S. Naval Academy. She was supposed to do something related to physics, but she dropped out after only doing like one year. Apparently it was too grueling for her, which I can understand because the U.S. Naval Academy is no joke. She met Tim and they married. He's in the Navy and I think he went to the U.S. Naval Academy as well. Unbelievable how much she threw away to be some guy's broodmare and submissive wife.

5 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

The Duggar family official fb page posted that Jer has graduated ALERT.

I hope he didn't do anything bad like glance at a girl or forget to praise Jeebus every second of his life to get sent there.

26 minutes ago, season of life said:

Unbelievable how much she threw away to be some guy's broodmare and submissive wife.

So, the fundie-ness comes from Tim and not Franicia?

Yes--that's really too bad for her. Physics!? Tons of props for that.

46 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

So, the fundie-ness comes from Tim and not Franicia?

Yes--that's really too bad for her. Physics!? Tons of props for that.

I think she may have been raised fundie. On the family blog, there's testimony from her and her husband on when they accepted the Lord, and she said accepted the Lord or whatever when she was a teen. 

Franicia says on their blog she dropped out because she felt that being a broodmare/wife was a more noble calling than the Navy or some such bullshit.

17 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Franicia says on their blog she dropped out because she felt that being a broodmare/wife was a more noble calling than the Navy or some such bullshit.

I was expecting more like what the stupid blonde bimbos behind Girl Defined are selling, "We saw past the blatant brainwashing of our feminist run culture and knew we were rejecting God's way for true womanhood.":my_sick:

26 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Christ on a cracker--the number of deserving young men & women who could have had  her Naval Academy spot instead. Makes my blood boil. A US military academy appointment is one of the best full college rides in existence.

And you know damn well she will never permit one of her homeschooled daughters the same college opportunity that she was handed on a platter.

44 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

And you know damn well she will never permit one of her homeschooled daughters the same college opportunity that she was handed on a platter.

This is what *really* pisses me off in relation to all of these yahoos: the Duggars, the Batesesesesese, and now this family.

They had *the choice* to drop out of heathen society, but still had the benefit of their educations. This is a choice their kids don't even have. It's been made for them.

Yeah, I know that any of these kidults can leave the nest at any time, but how difficult must it be to overcome a lifetime of programming and take that dive? I can't imagine...

But I guess people do it all the time. There are young people (younger than the 30somethings we talk about here) who have overcome tremendous abuse and have gone out on their own and have made it, so it *can* be done.

12 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

This is what *really* pisses me off in relation to all of these yahoos: the Duggars, the Batesesesesese, and now this family.

They had *the choice* to drop out of heathen society, but still had the benefit of their educations. This is a choice their kids don't even have. It's been made for them.

Yeah, I know that any of these kidults can leave the nest at any time, but how difficult must it be to overcome a lifetime of programming and take that dive? I can't imagine...

But I guess people do it all the time. There are young people (younger than the 30somethings we talk about here) who have overcome tremendous abuse and have gone out on their own and have made it, so it *can* be done.

That is what has always bothered me the most about these families. They got a choice. They chose to join a cult. They got to go to school, have friends, be in activities, get a good education. They don't give their children much of a choice in their adult life. They have a very careful plan for each child based on sex starting from birth. It's disturbing and completely hypocritical. 

From Franicia's public SlinkedIn (yes, on purpose):

"The Lord worked in my life in a very special way. I was raised in a political family (both parents running) who loved education and emphasized strong family relationships.

Though I was successful as a child and won numerous awards I did not have peace in my life. The Lord used a Baptist missionary to Saipan to introduce the Gospel to me. During my sophomore year while attending the US Naval Academy as the first official representative of our commonwealth (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands) and first female, I decided that was not the environment for me. I wanted to have children and it broke my heart to think to leave them during times of war. I also yearned for a stable family life and one more suitable to my womanly motherly heart and soul.

After I left the Naval Academy is when I was truly saved and surrendered my life to Jesus. My life has been one of peace and better than all other worldly accomplishments put together.

The Lord gave me a heart of homeschooling and homemaking. At the same time, he brought a wonderful Godly man into my life --- Tim White --- my precious husband and best friend.

I use my gifts to support my husband in our family business endeavors however the Lord leads. My primary focus and time is spent on my priorities as a wife, joyful homemaker, and homeschooling mommy while being a blessing to our church, other brethren, family, friends, and other people the Lord brings into our lives."

Gee, a real career over... well, what she has now.

I agree with the poster upthread who said these folks need their own place on FJ.   Not sure who to contact to make this happen.

10 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

The Duggar family official fb page posted that Jer has graduated ALERT.

"Jedidiah, Jeremiah's twin brother, did not attend the Alert training, but sent inspiring daily emails to his brother and prayed for him every day." Duggar Family Blog

In other words... "Jedidiah didn't want to go to boy's brainwashing camp, but couldn't stop his brother from going." Hope those e-mails were coded messages.  

On 5/31/2016 at 8:28 PM, Geechee Girl said:

My second favorite fundy name is Remnant Keep. For the life of me, I can't remember who the parents are.

That reminds me of one of the "Dear America..." diaries; the girl's name was Remember Patience Whipple, her nickname in the book was Mem.  

I assumed Remnant was a girl's name, but my husband guessed correctly when I asked his opinion.  Why did they name this poor child after a piece of leftover fabric?

4 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I agree with the poster upthread who said these folks need their own place on FJ.   Not sure who to contact to make this happen.

If people wish to discuss this family in a separate thread, there is nothing stopping anyone from starting one in Quiver Full of Snark.

6 hours ago, GreenTea said:

"Jedidiah, Jeremiah's twin brother, did not attend the Alert training, but sent inspiring daily emails to his brother and prayed for him every day." Duggar Family Blog

In other words... "Jedidiah didn't want to go to boy's brainwashing camp, but couldn't stop his brother from going." Hope those e-mails were coded messages.  

This makes me sad. I always held out hope that the twins could defy their family and make their own way because they had each other to lean back on. But if one is attending ALERT while the other is not may drive a wedge between the two. I always saw them as very close and hoped that would help give them the confidence to lead their own lives. My hope is dashed for now :-(

8 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

From Franicia's public SlinkedIn (yes, on purpose):

"The Lord worked in my life in a very special way. I was raised in a political family (both parents running) who loved education and emphasized strong family relationships.

Though I was successful as a child and won numerous awards I did not have peace in my life. The Lord used a Baptist missionary to Saipan to introduce the Gospel to me. During my sophomore year while attending the US Naval Academy as the first official representative of our commonwealth (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands) and first female, I decided that was not the environment for me. I wanted to have children and it broke my heart to think to leave them during times of war. I also yearned for a stable family life and one more suitable to my womanly motherly heart and soul.

After I left the Naval Academy is when I was truly saved and surrendered my life to Jesus. My life has been one of peace and better than all other worldly accomplishments put together.

The Lord gave me a heart of homeschooling and homemaking. At the same time, he brought a wonderful Godly man into my life --- Tim White --- my precious husband and best friend.

I use my gifts to support my husband in our family business endeavors however the Lord leads. My primary focus and time is spent on my priorities as a wife, joyful homemaker, and homeschooling mommy while being a blessing to our church, other brethren, family, friends, and other people the Lord brings into our lives."

Again, maybe I'm being blasphemous, but how could anyone say something like that with a straight face?  Like if I just ran into any of you at the grocery store and you said, how are you doing AnotherOne,and I replied, Well MarblesMom, my time is spent mostly on my priority as a joyful homemaker.  Like, could you actually continue this conversation?  Um, ok, what else is up?  Well I'm happy lately being a blessing to my church.  So...you're a blessing to your church?  Yes, and to other brethren and other people the Lord brings.  OK....I thought you were involved with the Naval Academy.  I was until I realized I yearned for a stable family life more suitable to my womanly motherly heart and soul. 

So when you turn Christian? or whatever this is called, do you just stop talking to normal people? Do they stop talking to you?  I just can't see how this kind of talk could have been a real conversation.  Even the duggar kids, don't they just look at each other sometimes and go, just shut up about that stuff already.

I just don't understand how you can turn from an educated worldly person to ....this. It's not just getting "godly" it's changing the whole method of conversation and mannerisms and all.  Like adapting to a new culture or speaking a new language, just using English words. How long does it take to learn that?  Does anyone secretly criticize her if she does it wrong, like you'd notice a foreigner using certain English phrases wrong - oh "joyful" should be used as an adverb "joyfully," not an adjective, etc.   They all must have thought she was crazy and glad to see her go. 

28 minutes ago, anotherone said:

So when you turn Christian? or whatever this is called, do you just stop talking to normal people? Do they stop talking to you?  I just can't see how this kind of talk could have been a real conversation.  Even the duggar kids, don't they just look at each other sometimes and go, just shut up about that stuff already.

I just don't understand how you can turn from an educated worldly person to ....this. It's not just getting "godly" it's changing the whole method of conversation and mannerisms and all.  Like adapting to a new culture or speaking a new language, just using English words. How long does it take to learn that?  Does anyone secretly criticize her if she does it wrong, like you'd notice a foreigner using certain English phrases wrong - oh "joyful" should be used as an adverb "joyfully," not an adjective, etc.   They all must have thought she was crazy and glad to see her go. 

When I read this, it made it clear (once again) how cult like this behavior is. Right to learning a sort of new language. 

The words they use seem so limited they could almost be like those talking dolls I had as a child, pull a string at the back of her neck. 

"I'm happy being a blessing to my family."

"I love to go to Church and raise my heart to the lord."

"I purpose to let God lead."

Etc. 

@Ungodly Grandma. I'm surprised the Duggars haven't come up with that idea. A talking Josie doll.

God loves you. We're speshul snowflakes. Please buy my brother's cars, etc. :laughing-rofl:

We could have fun with this.

49 minutes ago, ljohnson2006 said:

Happy birthday Marcus. Hope your parents remember your special day

Don't worry. There will surely be a video posted today congratulating him.

I think I did this right:

Tim and Francinia thread

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This makes me sad. I always held out hope that the twins could defy their family and make their own way because they had each other to lean back on. But if one is attending ALERT while the other is not may drive a wedge between the two. I always saw them as very close and hoped that would help give them the confidence to lead their own lives. My hope is dashed for now :-(

I had the opposite reaction.  This made me hopeful.  The fact the one of the twins did not go to Alert may mean that we've got a Duggar kid with a backbone and making a decision to not be full on fundie.  He chose to be different.

3 minutes ago, Mothership said:

I think I did this right:

Tim and Francinia thread

I had the opposite reaction.  This made me hopeful.  The fact the one of the twins did not go to Alert may mean that we've got a Duggar kid with a backbone and making a decision to not be full on fundie.  He chose to be different.

That's a good point. Its surprising to me that they would separate. They always seem so close.

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

@Ungodly Grandma. I'm surprised the Duggars haven't come up with that idea. A talking Josie doll.

God loves you. We're speshul snowflakes. Please buy my brother's cars, etc. :laughing-rofl:

We could have fun with this.

We could have loads of fun with this. The dolls could be collectibles. There could be a mother version, that spouts out a few recipes. Comes with Campbell's Soup accessories, an apron, and a little black board.

There could be a pregnant one, so little girls can play endless jinder reveal parties and baby showers. 

There could be an Amy one, that sings a line of a country song, preferably a hymn, when the string is pulled. Maybe this one could also say a line that takes a pot shot at Josh, just to keep it sporting. 

And the Special Scandal Edition.

He was just a little too curious.

It happens in lots of families. 

I didn't even know it happened until my parents told me. 

On 31/05/2016 at 10:43 AM, HereticHick said:

If you Google "Lt Commander Tim White"  you find lots of articles about his love of packing heat:

Huh. JimBob had a whole show about his love of...oh. That's not what you meant.

10 hours ago, GreenTea said:

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

42 minutes ago, Mothership said:

I took it to mean that Jeremiah had done something to be sent to ALERT, and Jedidiah hadn't. I thought ALERT was more of a punishment than an opportunity? I could be wrong.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived