IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

I am also surprised that they haven't announced another pregnancy yet. Makes me think that the whole Zika situation maybe lead them to be secretly preventing pregnancy. I don't seem them using condoms, but maybe they are using NFP or the pull-out-method. Perhaps Derek used his head for the first time since he married Jill and saw the risks. I'm sure Jill would be totally willing to conceive. She is way too holy to get a sick and disabled child and even if she had one it would be another possibility for her to show what a perfect christian she is. She could go on and on and on about how she didn't have an abortion etc.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they'd try to prevent Zika because of pregnancy. And Derek has drunk so much kool-aid, he'd never consider it. 

I think the reason a pregnancy hasn't happened yet is simply a biological cause. There are 4 possibilities in my mind: either 1) Jill is just not fertile and her quick pregnancy with Israel was a fluke; 2) she's been breastfeeding so long it's prevented conception; 3) Derek and Jill's marriage isn't doing well and they just aren't as hot for each other as they originally were; or 4) Jill's body was so messed up the trauma of Israel's birth that it's going to make it difficult for her to conceive in general. 

It could be any of those or a combination. But for them to actively prevent pregnancy is a major stretch to me, given everything we know about these two. 

On 6/2/2016 at 8:29 PM, Jinder Roles said:

I'm hoping that too. But he shaved it off for ALERT. Josiah had a perfectly good head of hair until he went to ALERT and then the balding kicked in! I hope the same doesn't happen to Jer.

Save your sons' hairlines Duggars! Don't send them to ALERT!  :boom:

No, Josh never went to ALERT. The Duggars' blog post noted that only Joseph and Josiah had gone before Jer. I am also of the belief that the shaved head came from his stint at the Gothard construction site. The timing is exactly right, since the Duggars were negotiating with TLC around the same time they found out about what Josh had done. 

eta: I also think Joy did a JTTH when Jana was still active. Joy would have been 13 or 14 (13 is the lower-end cutoff, IIRC). 

I don't think it's that weird that Jill isn't pregnant yet that we know of. Anna's kids were all spaced about 2 years so I'm thinking 12-15 months before getting pregnant again after birth. Jill's still in that range. Wouldn't be that strange especially if she's still breastfeeding on demand and after a difficult delivery. But I don't think there's something wrong. I do think it's possible they are using a method to try to postpone pregnancy until they get back to the states. As others mentioned I think Nfp or pull out is highly likely. I do believe they have thought about the negative media attention conceiving in CA would be right now and may be pretty weary of that. It's also possible they don't care about that and just haven't gotten pregnant yet. I think if she's pregnant now they will wait to announce until they've been back for awhile hoping people will think they're in the clear for Zika risks. 

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

No, Josh never went to ALERT. The Duggars' blog post noted that only Joseph and Josiah had gone before Jer. I am also of the belief that the shaved head came from his stint at the Gothard construction site. The timing is exactly right, since the Duggars were negotiating with TLC around the same time they found out about what Josh had done. 

eta: I also think Joy did a JTTH when Jana was still active. Joy would have been 13 or 14 (13 is the lower-end cutoff, IIRC). 

Wait...I'm a little confused. What are you referring to? I was talking about Jer shaving his head for ALERT possibly speeding up the baldness process as a similar thing happend to Josiah.

Wouldn't pulling out go against their religious teaching of sex is to get pregnant? I thought the issue with masturbation, even if mutual, is the "spilling of the seed" outside the womb? Pulling out seems like it should be a no-no.

Typing out their euphemism for ejaculation is so gross compared to using the real terms :56247953c05d2_32(6):

Yeah, but that doesn't mean none of them have just done it anyway. Same with masturbating, when and if they get a chance I'm sure they do it, though they have been taught, and probably believe that it's wrong. 

9 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

Wouldn't pulling out go against their religious teaching of sex is to get pregnant? I thought the issue with masturbation, even if mutual, is the "spilling of the seed" outside the womb? Pulling out seems like it should be a no-no.

Typing out their euphemism for ejaculation is so gross compared to using the real terms :56247953c05d2_32(6):

I was just thinking something along these lines (but not quite so graphic ;) )

How is NFP or withdrawal more holy than condoms or the pill? because in both cases they're still, you know, fornicating for fun.

Surely the only holy birth control is abstinence?

I hope someone has told derrick & Jill that Zika can be transmitted thru a sexual partner for at least 2 weeks after they have been infected. It's an STD. If Derrick was bitten, even if he  didn't get sick, he could still give it to Jill. But something tells me...Nahhh...Derrick would know about STD's. He went to college. I just am not sure that info on Zika has reached his ears.

I didn't get my period back until my youngest was 14 months old. Then my period was completely wonky. So it's possible that is why Jill isn't pregnant yet. I always assume that some fundies try to practice something called "ecological breastfeeding" to keep the kids spaced a little. I don't think it works for everyone though. 

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

I hope someone has told derrick & Jill that Zika can be transmitted thru a sexual partner for at least 2 weeks after they have been infected. It's an STD. If Derrick was bitten, even if he  didn't get sick, he could still give it to Jill. But something tells me...Nahhh...Derrick would know about STD's. He went to college. I just am not sure that info on Zika has reached his ears.

I have to admith I haven't heard about Zika in my entire life until a few months back. I can totally imagine that he has no knowledge at all.

16 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I have to admith I haven't heard about Zika in my entire life until a few months back. I can totally imagine that he has no knowledge at all.

That's quite alright. Most people (including doctors and researchers) had never heard about Zika until a few months ago.

Just to derail this slightly for a moment, every time I've read Heistheway in this thread, I've read it as Heist-Away. And pictured it as something sailors roar at each other when loading cargo onto the ships.

Just that. Carry on.

21 hours ago, marmalade said:

She did.  Jana was a team leader when Joy went.  I think Joy was in a different team.

Also with all this talk of ALERT -  JTTH is not just for the girls.  There is a Young Men's JTTH too and Chad Paine was a frequent leader.  JTTH is a rite of passage for the inner circle and true believers. Pricey or not, I would expect all the Duggars, Bateses and Paines to do the Journey at least once with some of them advancing to leadership roles.

I always had the impression ALERT was for the more athletic and less cerebral types who want to go and learn to be manly muscular men memorizing scripture.  The paramilitary mindset of ALERT is possibly also used for the boys who might be thought to need toughening-up (to IBLP-types) and as a re-education camp.  A couple of stories at exATI and RG imply the latter, certainly.

@Palimpsest. I was reading a book yesterday, and there was your name! I had to look it up. I now know what palimpsest means. Who said FJ is not educational?

19 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

@Palimpsest. I was reading a book yesterday, and there was your name! I had to look it up. I now know what palimpsest means. Who said FJ is not educational?

LOL!  I know it is a weird name and hard to spell.  When we transferred from yuku I was on a really long hiatus from FJ.  Leaving out a few irrelevant details - when I re-registered here I realized that there were a lot of variations on my original FJ yuku name so I picked a new one.  I'm a history nerd and it seemed rather apt at the time. :)

On 6/5/2016 at 2:13 PM, ophelia said:

I am also surprised that they haven't announced another pregnancy yet. Makes me think that the whole Zika situation maybe lead them to be secretly preventing pregnancy. I don't seem them using condoms, but maybe they are using NFP or the pull-out-method. Perhaps Derek used his head for the first time since he married Jill and saw the risks. I'm sure Jill would be totally willing to conceive. She is way too holy to get a sick and disabled child and even if she had one it would be another possibility for her to show what a perfect christian she is. She could go on and on and on about how she didn't have an abortion etc.

On what I bolded:   I was reading this a totally different way about how he was using his head and where he was putting it.  :brainbleach:   Sorry

On 6/5/2016 at 7:44 PM, Jinder Roles said:

Wait...I'm a little confused. What are you referring to? I was talking about Jer shaving his head for ALERT possibly speeding up the baldness process as a similar thing happend to Josiah.

Oops! I thought you were referring to when Joshley had his head shaved in a scene of one of the early specials. LOL

5 hours ago, MoonFace said:

On what I bolded:   I was reading this a totally different way about how he was using his head and where he was putting it.  :brainbleach:   Sorry

Good to see that I'm not the only one with a dirty mind around here.

17 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Just to derail this slightly for a moment, every time I've read Heistheway in this thread, I've read it as Heist-Away. And pictured it as something sailors roar at each other when loading cargo onto the ships.

Just that. Carry on.

Like the chorus in a drinking song. Heistaway, heistaway heistaway home Slug !

On 6/6/2016 at 5:49 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Just looked it up. That is an awesome name.

On 6/6/2016 at 3:49 PM, Palimpsest said:

I always had the impression ALERT was for the more athletic and less cerebral types who want to go and learn to be manly muscular men memorizing scripture.  The paramilitary mindset of ALERT is possibly also used for the boys who might be thought to need toughening-up (to IBLP-types) and as a re-education camp.  A couple of stories at exATI and RG imply the latter, certainly.

Did Pecan Thief go to either ALERT or JTTH? I almost typed whether he "did" them, but, nevermind.

Watching 'Little People, Big World' with my teenage daughter and Audrey said that they needed to support Amy in this 'season of life.' :pb_rollseyes:  

33 minutes ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

Watching 'Little People, Big World' with my teenage daughter and Audrey said that they needed to support Amy in this 'season of life.' :pb_rollseyes:  

Is Audrey going fundie? Honestly I haven't seen much of her because I found her very annoying and turned the channel.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived