IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

12 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Sigh. That's probably true. Jill used to sneak food into the bathroom  to eat. JB and M should be ashamed.

The fact that she even mentioned it after she got married must mean that it still weighs heavy with her. She's just been told all her life that it's normal.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, imokit said:

All this bashing on Maddie, when 2 of the sextuplets got suspended/expelled from school at a shockingly young age (under 10).  Objectively she's not the worst of those kids, who are all screwed up in their own way.  And being a little kid with dysfunctional parents and then getting 6 babies coming in and needing all that attention and then strange people with cameras coming into your house and not only telling you to do things but distracting your parents even further.  Any of those things individually would make a kid act out for attention, let alone the tripple whammy Maddie and Cara got

Finally - lets not forget editing, for all we know TLC only showed her being spoiled and misbehaving, and had actually far more footage of her being nice and reasonable than being childish, they just chose not to show it - we don't know this isn't true.

I couldn't agree with this more, they didn't choose to be put on TV, and I daresay in a few years time there'll be another 'Jacob Roloff' situation when the grown up children say "actually, I didn't enjoy my life being put out there for all to see and BTW where IS my money"

It's as if TLC never watched The Truman Show. These poor kids have been brought up as exhibits for the general public to gawk at.

We're back to the bad old days of exploited child actors. Because it's a "reality" show, they can get away with not ensuring that the kids are compensated. This will have to change as the kids get old enough to demand what's rightfully theirs.

Would anyone watch the Duggars if they only had 2 children? No, so it's the kids who carried the show, and had their misfortunes broadcast for millions to see. Would Josie want her seizures or blowouts filmed, or Jason in a wheelchair after his fall, because the show must go on? They are not old enough to make those decisions.

I'd love to see a tell all book in their 30s after they've broken away and got some perspective.

You never know, maybe we'll see a class action lawsuit in 10-15 years time where all the TLC kids club together and sue TLC.

I'm sure when TLC approached the Duggars to go the first special JB thought great money. 

Then when the series started I'm sure JB thought great more money.

He is all about the money. If say, the country goes thru another bad financial time & the Duggar's lost everything, would it occur to them then, that under-educating the kids well enough to even fill out a  job application was a mistake.

They could fall on hard times & ALL the kids would have to go to work. I would think Jill/Der would be ok b/c he has the background for a decent job. But Jill is besotted on Kooliade & Mommy & Daddy & will have umpteen children, derrick be damned. Ben/jessa OTOH, have NO prospects & Jessa has probably figured that out &  I'll bet is using NFP. Ben will not wake up from his ambitious dreams until he's 30. He'll have to work 2 jobs just to cover rent/ food/insurance/cars.

24 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

He is all about the money. If say, the country goes thru another bad financial time & the Duggar's lost everything, would it occur to them then, that under-educating the kids well enough to even fill out a  job application was a mistake.

I'm not sure JB has the critical thinking skills necessary to realize it was a mistake. He would probably just pat himself on the back for exposing his kids to 10 minutes of training and call them "professionals" at dry walling, tile laying, landscaping and try to get them to eke out a living that way. I think we're already starting to see that with selling cars in the yard.

24 minutes ago, scribble said:

I'm not sure JB has the critical thinking skills necessary to realize it was a mistake. He would probably just pat himself on the back for exposing his kids to 10 minutes of training and call them "professionals" at dry walling, tile laying, landscaping and try to get them to eke out a living that way. I think we're already starting to see that with selling cars in the yard.

If that comes to pass, I foresee epic Bates-style mooching off of John-David.

Sorry to go back a page but what about the Hamills ? Both parents have dwarfism ( although one is originally from Canada) and they have three kids also with dwarfism. I believe they have only had one season of "Our Little Family." It's been a while since the show was on, but I think the Hamills made a trip to see the Roloff's farm.  

How many little people shows does TLC need? 

7 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

The fact that she even mentioned it after she got married must mean that it still weighs heavy with her. She's just been told all her life that it's normal.

She told Derrick and he mentioned it on camera.

21 hours ago, Withagrainofsalt said:

Sorry to go back a page but what about the Hamills ? Both parents have dwarfism ( although one is originally from Canada) and they have three kids also with dwarfism. I believe they have only had one season of "Our Little Family." It's been a while since the show was on, but I think the Hamills made a trip to see the Roloff's farm.  

Personally I find it very odd. People with Dwarfism have a very long history as performers. It kind of disturbs me that it's 2016 and they are still seen this way. I love that Jen is a dr. But she's still on tv. 

21 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

If that comes to pass, I foresee epic Bates-style mooching off of John-David.

I've never seen "Bates-style mooching" going on w/the Bateseses.

31 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Kelly admitted they borrowed money from Lawson repeatedly and he was buying the groceries for the family.  

Oooh...well, tree trimming is slow in the winter I would guess.

10 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Oooh...well, tree trimming is slow in the winter I would guess.

Then the parents should have made sure they had steady income year round before having kids their then teenage brother had to financially support.

A lot of things don't pay well enough to feed my family, so I don't do those things for a living.  Gil and Kelly didn't seem to get that the kids they chose to have are their financial responsibility.  Not their son's, the write off dept of the local ER, or the Lord via donations.

Hope they are smart enough to bank the checks from UP because that money won't last forever..,but they can always pass the hat so the older kids can finance Aldi trips once the coffers are empty.

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Bad Wolf said:

We're back to the bad old days of exploited child actors. Because it's a "reality" show, they can get away with not ensuring that the kids are compensated. This will have to change as the kids get old enough to demand what's rightfully theirs.

Would anyone watch the Duggars if they only had 2 children? No, so it's the kids who carried the show, and had their misfortunes broadcast for millions to see. Would Josie want her seizures or blowouts filmed, or Jason in a wheelchair after his fall, because the show must go on? They are not old enough to make those decisions.

I'd love to see a tell all book in their 30s after they've broken away and got some perspective.

Yes yes yes! Not just TLC shows, but all family reality shows. Did anyone watch the truly heinous series Tori Spelling did following Dean's cheating scandal? It horrified me to think her children will see that one day.

15 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Did anyone watch the truly heinous series Tori Spelling did following Dean's cheating scandal? It horrified me to think her children will see that one day.

Saw it so horrible. I can't stand Tori Spelling. Their was talk that the affair was a shame to get her back on TV. But so awful that she would subject her kids to this. 

@Jana814 Shameful is the best word to describe it, and that her "therapist" partook only made it more horrible. I feel very sorry for those kids.

21 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

@Jana814 Shameful is the best word to describe it, and that her "therapist" partook only made it more horrible. I feel very sorry for those kids.

I only saw 1 episode can't believe her therapist was part of it.  Spelling is just so horrible everyone knows they only reason she was on TV was because of her father. Just like the only reason why the Duggar's were on TV was because they have so many kids. 

On 6/9/2016 at 3:10 PM, OyToTheVey said:

Kate was an RN but I imagine with 8 kids in 3 years, working was just not possible especially when 6 of them are the exact same age. Can you imagine working with 6 one year olds and 2 3 year olds in the house needing a nanny?

I don't think it was Kate's plan to ever work. I think she was a grifter from the outset, and if the various articles I've read over the years are true, she always wanted to engineer having multiples to that purpose.

On 6/11/2016 at 2:16 PM, Withagrainofsalt said:

Word. And how many shows with families with huge litters does TLC need?

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

You should pay a visit to the "Before the Batesesesesesese were shiny and perfect" thread. I believe this subject is covered there, among others.

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

A lot of things don't pay well enough to feed my family, so I don't do those things for a living.  Gil and Kelly didn't seem to get that the kids they chose to have are their financial responsibility

Word. And it's not even like they were hit by the economy tanking or were having trouble finding jobs. They just flat-out declined because they thought God Would Provide.

Or the community. Or the tax-payers. Or their kids. Take your pick. smh

24 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

I don't think it was Kate's plan to ever work. I think she was a grifter from the outset, and if the various articles I've read over the years are true, she always wanted to engineer having multiples to that purpose.

Word. And how many shows with families with huge litters does TLC need?

Huge litters, little people, various forms of engagement and marriage.

At least Honey Boo Boo was unique and funny.

Kate Gosselin needs to be banished. She's the one person who disgusts me more than the Duggar parents and Joshley. And Tori Spelling.

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Personally I find it very odd. People with Dwarfism have a very long history as performers. It kind of disturbs me that it's 2016 and they are still seen this way. I love that Jen is a dr. But she's still on tv. 

I honestly think Jen and Bill did the show to help put down stereotypes. They are "entertaining", but not in an exploitative way. The show is highly scripted, maybe more so than other TLC series, and they are very serious about showing themselves to be normal, if just small. Contrast this to other series on TLC, which are so obviously exploitative. They are still scripted, but it's done to make the families look abnormal. Those shows are pushing the stereotypes that Jen and Bill work to get rid of. 

I feel like TLC has become a modern day freak show. 

A side show always had at least one little person, the fat lady (my 600lb life), a giant (my giant life), conjoined twins, etc. And TLC has shows about all those people. 

2 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Huge litters, little people, various forms of engagement and marriage.

At least Honey Boo Boo was unique and funny.

Kate Gosselin needs to be banished. She's the one person who disgusts me more than the Duggar parents and Joshley. And Tori Spelling.

This, but I'd also add Spencer Pratt to that list. :P Kate was just awful. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived