IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

The thing that annoys me most is that it is like the new publicists have been reading Free Jinger.

If the Duggar PR people are reading this, I'd just like to say I could do a way better job with that promo, so you should get Discovery to hire me. I'd prefer to work on shows about real learning, like the discovery nature stuff or with cats, but if you insist I'll film the Duggars. I might throw in a clip of someone picking their nose though, or hide one of SprugeBob's dirty diapers in Ben's hat, but it's all in good fun, right?

11 hours ago, tumblr said:

I'm not surprised. I'm not even angry. I am curious how much Anna, M&JB and the younger kids will turn up though. I am also am going to assume there will be some kind of courtship/baby/big news announcement the morning of the first episode, or maybe a day or two before.

It's on at the same time as Flash, so I won't be watching but I doubt there is too much overlap between people who watch Flash and people who will want to watch the Duggars. 

Nope, Flash wins, hands down. 

Re the promo: I noticed that the music was strangely modern and had a backbeat, which is weird considering how stict ATI-ers are about demon-drums. Never noticed that in other 19 kids vids.

I feel so sad for them when watching the promo. Maybe they once had lives but it seems like they're just pawns in a game, actors in a play. It just feels so wrong... I mean, what's wrong with letting go and living quiet lives out of the limelight?

Are they happy and bouncy, like Bateses, or traumatized and wanting to share their healing journey with us?  It doesn't bode well when the promo seems to be a contradiction.

Pity the cameras weren't around when the Ashley Madison news hit the fan.  That would have been worth watching.

I'm disgusted that this family is back in the spotlight. Poor parenting raising scads of barely functional adults while covering up abuse does not deserve to be glorified and broadcast. 

I refuse to even hate watch this. I have better things to do with my time.

19 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

???

Sex in the City I think?

LOL I agree with the poster who said it looks like a promo picture from the L Word. :pb_lol:

7 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Sex in the City I think?

LOL I agree with the poster who said it looks like a promo picture from the L Word. :pb_lol:

Do you mean Sex AND the City? If so, that's one of my biggest TV show pet peeves. It is Sex AND the City, and YES, it does make a big difference. LOL ;)

12 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

A few comments

First of all the show is called 'Jill and Jessa Counting On' yet the promo photos don't show Jill in there at all (I know the reasons why, but there's photoshop).

Because they can't call it "J'Slaves One to Five, Counting On"

14 hours ago, tumblr said:

I'm not surprised. I'm not even angry. I am curious how much Anna, M&JB and the younger kids will turn up though. I am also am going to assume there will be some kind of courtship/baby/big news announcement the morning of the first episode, or maybe a day or two before.

It's on at the same time as Flash, so I won't be watching but I doubt there is too much overlap between people who watch Flash and people who will want to watch the Duggars. 

There'll be a News From El Salvador announcement the night of the premiere announcing Jill's second pregnancy.  Weren't her parents just visiting them down there?

47 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Do you mean Sex AND the City? If so, that's one of my biggest TV show pet peeves. It is Sex AND the City, and YES, it does make a big difference. LOL ;)

lol Yes it's Sex AND the City but I think the original poster thought it was IN the City. But hey didn't they all have sex in the city? LOL. :pb_mrgreen:

17 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Or pool enough money together, for a short-term rental apartment in Colorado, that lasts as long as the season. With this show coming on on Tuesday, boozing it up doesn't seem too swell. We can get her stoned instead, less of a hangover you know. Heck, I would sign up for that, now that I think about it...lol.

Maybe I could bake some brownies?

How am I only just hearing of this from Oh No They Didn't? I laughed very hard at this picture after going "wtf?" because it looks like Jessa took a big glorious and relieving fart and the other girls are taking a whiff.

n5hv0k.png

edit: I see others have posted similar things. That'll teach me for hitting the 'reply' button before skipping to the last page first.

4 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

How am I only just hearing of this from Oh No They Didn't? I laughed very hard at this picture after going "wtf?" because it looks like Jessa took a big glorious and relieving fart and the other girls are taking a whiff.

n5hv0k.png

edit: I see others have posted similar things. That'll teach me for hitting the 'reply' button before skipping to the last page first.

Best explanation ever

This must be Facebook's reaction to the new Duggar TV show.  You now have the ability to 'dislike' a Facebook post.  Try it out on the TLC Jill and Jessa: Counting On Facebook page.  Here's how to do it:

http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/24/facebook-reactions/

There's still no 'dislike' button, but you can post an 'angry' button and Facebook will record how many the post gets.  (This means that Jessa can't remove the 'angry' reactions on her Facebook page!)  Let the angry games begin!

angry.png.356b2435e9fbbc05bb7c54a9d7c2e2

I find the poses in the pictures quite disturbing. The girls seem sooo close but in an weirdly emotional, almost erotic way. I don't know WHAT tlc was thinking. 

Even with the expectation that the Duggars would return to the tube on a regular basis one day and the comfort in knowing that this is another show that I'll never watch on a channel that I forget exists except when another sex abuse scandal crops up again, I still feel a little like this at the news.  

50 minutes ago, foreign fundie said:

I find the poses in the pictures quite disturbing. The girls seem sooo close but in an weirdly emotional, almost erotic way. I don't know WHAT tlc was thinking. 

Please, don't go that route. Don't over sexualize a simple hug.

1 hour ago, actuallyjessica said:

n5hv0k.png

Almost pee'd myself LOLOL

Such a strange looking picture! 

More questions-  

I really hope each kidult did sign their own contract (not coerced by JB).  

Will we see any of the Howlers or Lost Girls on the show?  

What about Anna and the M kids?  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived