IGNORED

Josh & Anna 58: Losing JB's Money All the Way to the Supreme Court

nelliebelle1197

On 4/5/2024 at 11:30 AM, marmalade said:

Even if Seagoville offered something similar, I doubt Smuggar would participate. Lazy is his middle name. He does the least amount of work possible to look legit. 

Plus how hard it would be to find a sex offender employment…. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

He'll be employed by JB. No doubt about that. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

That has always been and will continue to be a contributing factor to a very unhealthy, likely downright toxic, dynamic between father/parents and son. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Everywhere is different but in my province a number of individuals with a criminal record for sexual offences are able to work in construction, trucking or cleaning. Everyone deserves a job so I have no complaints about people with any kind of criminal record being hired for jobs as long as they don’t involve children or vulnerable persons. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

These job training opportunities are difficult to get, at least in my state.

First, you have to have had exemplary behavior throughout your sentence.

Secondly, you have to be within a certain time of your sentence.. close to the end.

Thirdly, you must apply for the particular program you wish to attend. there is competition.

Fourth, there must be an opening, or nobody ahead of you..

My son tried to get into one of these. It was a very difficult thing.. and he didn't get accepted.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

@Four is Enough I am so sorry! That is grossly unfair. I hope that your son has been able to find a job that values him and can see that he is more than his record. I hate that we judge (and think it’s okay to judge) people with records based on the worst act they ever committed rather than seeing the whole person, complete with the good things they have done, their strengths and the way that they can contribute to society. We are all made in the image and likeness of God. 

• Upvote 8

On 4/7/2024 at 12:57 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Believe me, it's hard. Even ones who are on community supervision or have completed supervision have issues finding work. There are so many SORA regulations they have to contend with, plus people just don't want to hire them. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/7/2024 at 1:04 AM, marmalade said:

I think that's most likely.

I think what JimBob (and probably Anna) would prefer to happen is for Josh to write (have a book ghostwritten, most likely) a book about his trials and travails and suffering and how it was all attacks by satan but now he's closer to God than ever before and truly redeemed. Don't you want to pay his speaking fees for him to come tell your Christian group about how God helped him get through prison? And how their marriage is stronger than ever before because of it? And don't forget some cash to drop in the love offering when the plate gets passed. Probably accompanied by Anna developing an influencer career spurred by sharing her story and struggles while he was incarcerated. Please like and subscribe to Anna's youtube channel and follow her on TikTok and Instagram! 

Honestly I think the only reasons Anna isn't monetizing the "I'm a dutiful fundie wife while my poor husband is in prison" schtick is that she's too busy with too many kids, and the lawyers probably are ON them to keep everything private and quiet until after all appeals are exhausted. Once the appeals are all exhausted I suspect Anna and/or JimBob will pick a path (either "he was wrongly convicted due to satan" or, especially likely after his release "he has repented and is redeemed, glory to God") and start trying to make money off this as much as possible. 

Josh is lazy and probably would prefer to just lay low and fade away from his infamy. But I could see JimBob especially trying to make back some money selling a story. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

I had dream last night that Anna divorced Josh, but then very quickly married another man so that she could continue having babies. 

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Honestly I think the only reasons Anna isn't monetizing the "I'm a dutiful fundie wife while my poor husband is in prison" schtick is that she's too busy with too many kids, and the lawyers probably are ON them to keep everything private and quiet until after all appeals are exhausted. Once the appeals are all exhausted I suspect Anna and/or JimBob will pick a path (either "he was wrongly convicted due to satan" or, especially likely after his release "he has repented and is redeemed, glory to God") and start trying to make money off this as much as possible. 

Yep, I agree.  JB and/or Anna are keeping quiet because of the appeals process though I am sure it's considerable work for the attorneys to keep JB, in particular, from spouting off.

The only employment option I see for Joshley post-prison is going back to working for Dad.   It was pretty much the only option for him after he blew up his FRC gig, he doesn't know anything else.   

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

52 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Yep, I agree.  JB and/or Anna are keeping quiet because of the appeals process though I am sure it's considerable work for the attorneys to keep JB, in particular, from spouting off.

The only employment option I see for Joshley post-prison is going back to working for Dad.   It was pretty much the only option for him after he blew up his FRC gig, he doesn't know anything else.   

Hopefully being Jim Bob’s muzzle counts towards billable hours. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

Do any of the Duggar, adult men (minus the one in TX working for his FIL) work outside the Duggar circle of control????

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Hopefully being Jim Bob’s muzzle counts towards billable hours. 

Now, now. Every word that comes out of JB’s mouth is pure gold and all of his employees should pay him for his wonderful, Godly wisdom. I can barely type that without gagging.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

My guess is she's being quiet because she got so much push back after the trial when she posted bs like "wait until the truth comes out." She's keeping a low profile because she's not only staying married to him but continuing to support him. Sure maybe lawyers are telling her to stay quiet but my guess is she's staying quiet of her own accord. It's like Melania Trump. In my very left-leaning queer/ally community Melania was pitied slightly. Not much but some. Intil she wore that jacket. The day she wore the "I really don't care do you" jacket even the most sympathetic lost it and deemed her just as horrible a human as her husband. I think it's like that with Anna. She's at a point where even her most ardent supporters are wondering why tf she stays married to the pedo. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

She's at a point where even her most ardent supporters are wondering why tf she stays married to the pedo. 

She's the perfect fundy wife, just like Debi and Michael Pearl intended her to be: suck it up, raise the kids, and welcome him back joyfully.  

Alternately, I can't image the push back she'd get if she tried to divorce Smuggar.  A divorce would be a huge stain on JB, who is obviously footing the bill to raise 7 kids and support Anna in the style to which she is sadly acustomed (scraping by).  In addition, not only is she caring for 7 children, she is homeschooling them. 

If JB crosses the rainbow bridge while Josh is in prison, Josh will be in desperate financial straights when he gets out. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I think that's most likely.

I think what JimBob (and probably Anna) would prefer to happen is for Josh to write (have a book ghostwritten, most likely) a book about his trials and travails and suffering and how it was all attacks by satan but now he's closer to God than ever before and truly redeemed. Don't you want to pay his speaking fees for him to come tell your Christian group about how God helped him get through prison? And how their marriage is stronger than ever before because of it? And don't forget some cash to drop in the love offering when the plate gets passed. Probably accompanied by Anna developing an influencer career spurred by sharing her story and struggles while he was incarcerated. Please like and subscribe to Anna's youtube channel and follow her on TikTok and Instagram! 

Josh is lazy and probably would prefer to just lay low and fade away from his infamy. But I could see JimBob especially trying to make back some money selling a story. 

Do you think there's a market for this? I mean, Singer and Jill have done well with their books precisely because they have distance from Josh. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/7/2024 at 3:04 PM, marmalade said:

Yes, once he is released 

I was referring to whilst in custody, participating in works release.

In my experience it would be doubtful that an inmate would be granted permission to do work release for family, there is just to much scope for things not to be supervised properly due to family loyalties (amongst other things).

Also I have never known in my country and state where a child sex offender even qualifies to for the works release program. 

Child sex offenders are isolated from the main population and would not be suitable for a works release housing situation. 

13 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Believe me, it's hard. Even ones who are on community supervision or have completed supervision have issues finding work. There are so many SORA regulations they have to contend with, plus people just don't want to hire them. 

Yep, I know. I have been working with offenders in and out of custody for over half of my life. 

Building is about the best bet for most offenders. 

Mining is another one that does take them. 

• Upvote 3

Oh, gotcha! I thought you were talking post release. 

I don't see a scenario in which he is accepted in a work release program. TBH, I don't think he would even apply. He's always done the least amount of work possible to get by. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Once Josh gets out I could see people  reporting him for breaking parole. He's only got a decade left at this point. People will remember him when's released. If he goes back to work at the car lot there could potentially be families coming onto the lot. Would he leave when children are there? He's supposed to. But will he? Only if people report him. Even if the pedo gets/keeps a real job, JB will support him the rest of his life. He'll continue being The Golden Failure. 

• Upvote 8

23 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

@Four is Enough I am so sorry! That is grossly unfair. I hope that your son has been able to find a job that values him and can see that he is more than his record. I hate that we judge (and think it’s okay to judge) people with records based on the worst act they ever committed rather than seeing the whole person, complete with the good things they have done, their strengths and the way that they can contribute to society. We are all made in the image and likeness of God. 

Just FTR, the worst act my son committed was related to drugs, nothing related to sex.. (and he's a felon because some asshole sold him a gun before he was 21. He never used it just carried it)... just putting that out there.

The work release programs are very limited, and people are selected in hopes of them actually finishing the program.. to me, it's amazing how many drop out any way,

And thank you, he does have a position in an electrician's union, and has been working with them full time. I hope he makes it through the entire levels so that he can be self-employed some time. Right now he travels quite a distance to work with his cohort.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 26

22 hours ago, SweetMamasCafe said:

I had dream last night that Anna divorced Josh, but then very quickly married another man so that she could continue having babies. 

I actually think that could be a very positive outcome for Anna and the kids. Since a man that wants to marry a divorcée and take in a bunch of kids from a felon is probably not a fundie.

Although she might be vulnurable for shitty men.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Once Josh gets out I could see people  reporting him for breaking parole. He's only got a decade left at this point. People will remember him when's released. If he goes back to work at the car lot there could potentially be families coming onto the lot. Would he leave when children are there? He's supposed to. But will he? Only if people report him. Even if the pedo gets/keeps a real job, JB will support him the rest of his life. He'll continue being The Golden Failure. 

I assume that they will be smart enough to have him working in a back office or in the garage away from the public. I hope people don’t try to find parole violations such as he’s in the garage working on a vehicle and a family with kids is on the lot talking to one of the brothers because this is a waste of resources. If Josh violates parole by being in a public playground, swimming pool, working with kids through his church or local homeschool community, then yes, report. Something dumb like a family coming into his dentist’s waiting room while Josh is having his teeth cleaned, no. Don’t waste everyone’s time. 
A client I worked with got reported because a family walked into his hospital room post surgery. The judge threw it out but it cost him and the system $1000’s unnecessarily. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

16 hours ago, noseybutt said:

Do you think there's a market for this? I mean, Singer and Jill have done well with their books precisely because they have distance from Josh. 

I definitely think so. Different market, of course, but the deep-in fundies don't want to hear about fundie failures, they want the dramatic testimony of how God took this sinner and lifted him up. Especially accompanied by his dutiful loving wife and their passel of children (the ones who aren't adults already by that point). Initially the book would get some press probably, hoping there's some detail in there we don't already know, but then with Anna spurring things along (like JillRod does) they could manage a decent grift for themselves I think, using his "testimony." He'd throw in some scandalous things he saw in prison they can clutch pearls about, and bask in praise for how he stood his ground as a Christian and maybe even saved some sinners while inside. The combo of potential (light, carefully worded) salaciousness and a Godly redemption story would appeal well to fundies who keep their lives as sanitized as possible otherwise. 

What would have a MUCH bigger market would be Anna publishing a post-divorce tell-all. But I think that's unlikely, and if it did happen it would be very near the time of his release, when the kids are all older. 

17 hours ago, Howl said:

She's the perfect fundy wife, just like Debi and Michael Pearl intended her to be: suck it up, raise the kids, and welcome him back joyfully.  

Alternately, I can't image the push back she'd get if she tried to divorce Smuggar.  A divorce would be a huge stain on JB, who is obviously footing the bill to raise 7 kids and support Anna in the style to which she is sadly acustomed (scraping by).  In addition, not only is she caring for 7 children, she is homeschooling them. 

If JB crosses the rainbow bridge while Josh is in prison, Josh will be in desperate financial straights when he gets out. 

I think there's no chance whatsoever of Anna divorcing Josh until either right before he's released when all the kids are grown enough she's not having to manage their lives 100% of the time (and the oldest ones might be out of the warehouse by that point already), or until he initiates a divorce. Maybe if JB was to pass and no more money was coming for support from the Duggars, I could see her considering it, but unlikely even then. 

The fact is that the Duggar (and largely the Keller as well) belief that they lean on publically is that divorce is a sin. And Anna has been raised to be terrified of sinning. It'd take either deconstruction or something catastrophic to her to push her to that, I think.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I actually think that could be a very positive outcome for Anna and the kids. Since a man that wants to marry a divorcée and take in a bunch of kids from a felon is probably not a fundie.

Although she might be vulnurable for shitty men.

Oh god no! I would think someone who wants to marry her quickly would be even more of a red flag. Like, fundy or not, someone who quickly wants to marry a woman with several children? That doesn't indicate safety. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

On 4/7/2024 at 4:35 AM, FluffySnowball said:

That has always been and will continue to be a contributing factor to a very unhealthy, likely downright toxic, dynamic between father/parents and son. 

Do you mean fathers and sons everywhere or in the Duggar family?

• Upvote 1