IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

You know, if Jilly and Dilly are part of this then they will earn enough money to fund their own mission.    They will also have enough to pay for a good Spanish teacher. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict that a few of the J'slaves and howlers visit Jilly in the "jungle" and spread the good news to some misguided katholiks.   TLC has to pay for something, right?  What better way to hand out things these people probably dont need than the have TLC pay to have the supplies (and duggars) shipped over to hand them out!

I want to know how long TLC has been filiming. Entertainment Tonight's source said they've been filming for months. Has  Discovery issued a press release yet?  I agree with the posters who are predicting a courtship or pregnancy(both?) announcement.

From TLC:

After a year of ups and downs, the Duggar family is on its way to finding a new normal. In December, you caught up with Jill and Derick, who were busy with their son Israel, and Jessa and Ben, who were expecting their first child. On Tuesday, March 15 at 9/8c, "Jill and Jessa: Counting On" returns to TLC to follow the lives of the older children as they celebrate some of life's milestone moments, including big moves, the realities of growing up and raising their own families.

I wonder what they mean by big moves?

If all the girls are taking a trip together who will be taking care of the younger kids?  Maybe Tabitha Paine will be roped into helping out.  Glad we wont' have another scene of Michelle making omelets.

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

I want to know how long TLC has been filiming. Entertainment Tonight source said they've been filming for months.Has  Discovery issued a press release yet? 

From TLC:

I wonder what they mean by big moves?

4 minutes ago, Kira said:

I watched a video earlier today of Jessa and Ben talking about their 'new' house. I'll try to find it again and put a link to it here.

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

If all the girls are taking a trip together who will be taking care of the younger kids?  Maybe Tabitha Paine will be roped into helping out.  Glad we wont' have another scene of Michelle making omelets.

Anna... she has to repent for her prudish ways

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

What is it going to take to get these parasites off TV? Ugh. 

Sadly, what it will probably take will be ennui, if/when that time comes.  Apparently, there are still enough starry-eyed fans out there in viewerland to make a viable audience in the eyes of TLC.  As to how many "other" viewers, such as hate-watchers and sporadic viewers, there are out there, is tougher to say.

It's also going to be interesting to see who the major sponsors of the new series will be.

My guess is that even if according to the date the old contract was still valid, there was something stating that it no longer applied due to the cancelation.

Probably not.  As to the specials, special type episodes would have already been covered in the original contract.  One thing to remember is that TLC contracts are always written to the benefit of TLC.  Their contracts would likely be for all appearances, filming, etc for TLC for the period of x years and restrict them for filming for another network for that same time period.  The name of the show would not be relevant.

I keep going back to what Jessa said in her pregnancy inducing hormones rant. 

we don't need the show 

well - it's not about the show anymore - it's about the way you acted during the Megan K interview - at least it is to me. 

You basically saved your brother to try and save yourself - don't cover up something so heinous imo 

this new teaser is so like the bates it's not even funny

as for your money loving hungry husband - that will be and should be amusing to watch 

They really are a pathetic, sad, sorry excuse for a family.  Sorry leghumpers, but it's true.  (I know there aren't any leghumpers on here.  Lol)  They may be able to pull it together for an encore season but this  trainwreck is slowly derailing.    I remember watching the first special 10 ish years ago and thought to myself.   " I wonder where this family will be in 20 years?"  Their lifestyle is so unsustainable.   The TLC money will dry up.  (I think that is happening slowly right now) and reality will be very ugly for them.  All we can do is sit back and snark while it all happens.  Imagine yourself. Uneducated, married to a free loading grifter, getting no attention from the public because your 15 min of fame is over.  The lack of money and respect will be very painful.   The sad part is they don't see it coming.

excuse the rant, I just find this family sooooo irritating!!

wow, I used a lot of adjectives!   

Do the Duggars tithe?    

Why can't the tithing be earmarked for mission work?    Their own mission work since it's so important to them?   

They they wouldn't have to depend on  grift from others. 

Hi. Longtime lurker, new sharer. How do you do?

Anyway, I'm personally pleased that more exposure to us heathens might increase the likeliness that one will break away and the speculation can continue. Yeah, the whole Joshley thing might have resulted in a more "shun the nonbelievers, shuuuuuunnnnnn" mentality from the family, but Jim Bob's fame whore-iness could come back and bite him, much to our general amusement. What's that whole Proverb about pride cometh before the fall? It's going to cometh... -evil laugh-

Hope this wasn't a repeat of what someone else may have said. But if so 1) sorry, 2) UNITY (as said in Dave Chappelle/Rick James voice)

Serious question.  WHAT THE EVER LIVING  HELL DID THEY DO TO JESSA'S FACE???  She looks like a 50 year old who got too many injectables!

Also... Does anyone have any doubt now, given this timing, that Danica Dillon was paid off by TLC?  

14 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Serious question.  WHAT THE EVER LIVING  HELL DID THEY DO TO JESSA'S FACE???  She looks like a 50 year old who got too many injectables!

Also... Does anyone have any doubt now, given this timing, that Danica Dillon was paid off by TLC?  

That didn't even occur to me, but now you mention it then it does seem rather likely.

I do find it interesting that Jill & Derick weren't in the Bates-style happy family jumping around trailer.

Seems odd to exclude her since the show is literally called "Jill & Jessa: Counting On".

4 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

I do find it interesting that Jill & Derick weren't in the Bates-style happy family jumping around trailer.

Seems odd to exclude her since the show is literally called "Jill & Jessa: Counting On".

They were in the longer one, clips of them in Central America. Id imagine they weren't in the jumpy clip because they are still there doing "mission work"

7 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

TLC doesn't have enough money to get my kids to jump and fake happiness like that ...and I only have a few.  

I'd settle for one group picture where no one looked annoyed.

What are they Counting On?

Counting on their audience crawling back for more scraps?

Counting on Joshley not to cause yet another scandal?

Counting on Joshley to cause another scandal when they need to muster more media attention?

1 hour ago, QuiverDance said:

The thought never occurred to me and--not having followed the lawsuit that closely--I'm going to say that it's unlikely.

That's some serendipitous timing, though. 

What I wouldn't give for a Sony-level hack at TLC...

Just now, lascuba said:

The thought never occurred to me and--not having followed the lawsuit that closely--I'm going to say that it's unlikely.

That's some serendipitous timing, though. 

What I wouldn't give for a Sony-level hack at TLC...

I suppose it is just the way I think, but when she dropped the suit (albeit among pretty solid evidence she was at least partially full of shit) amid reports there was filming going on, my brain automatically went to Uncle TLC smoothing things over.  

And now the leg humpers can look at poor Joshy and how he was maligned by that bad woman. They will choose not to remember the self admitted adultery, and of course, the molestation was just a young boy's curiosity. :kitty-cussing:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived