IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/duggars-jill-and-jessa-counting-on-gets-full-season-w165076

Source is US magazine, but it seems legit. There is a trailer and everything!  Tuesday March 19, 9pm. We know that the camera's have been trailing them. 

Anyone have any more info on this? 

Who wants to bet on Josh making an appearance? 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Josh will come back on eventually, but it'll be a long while, and it'll probably be very incremental.

Good find SilverTongue. And so it continues. Ha ha Can't wait to see Joshley. I hope they would pay Anna separately but probably not. Of course not. 

there are no words - just none 

these people will never ever have to get a freaking real job 

BEN must be ECSTATIC - his gravy train is up and running 

and is it just the girls because that video didn't work for me 

2 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So I guess Bin has a job now!! He is a TV star again!! No worries. Ho ho. He can buy more hats. Such luck. 

with quotes on them for all us heathens to buy 

he must get a cut 

From the trailer it looks like the new brand is going back to it's shinny happy perfect family aesthetic. Lots of babies and shopping outings, and less tearful interviews about Josh's "boyhood mistake" and the evils of the Freedom of Information Act. It also looks like they're going to feature most of the adult children, except Josh+Anna. 

I hope the rumors about the Jana focus are legit. 

Everyone knows you don't cancel a reality TV when things get too dramatic. You double down and roll the cameras!

1 minute ago, TheSilverTongue said:

From the trailer it looks like the new brand is going back to it's shinny happy perfect family aesthetic. Lots of babies and shopping outings, and less tearful interviews about Josh's "boyhood mistake" and the evils of the Freedom of Information Act. It also looks like they're going to feature most of the adult children, except Josh+Anna. 

I hope the rumors about the Jana focus are legit. 

so it's everybody - that is insane - they DON"T GET IT - THEY ARE INSANE 

can someone put the trailer on you tube  pretty please

whoever Believed Jessa said we don't need the tv show - we are a family 

girl was on pregnancy hormones 

clearly she didn't believe what was she was thinking 

maybe we can Derick going all caveman 

Exactly, TLC would be nuts to drop the Duggars now. They had to cancel 19 Kids to save face, but come on, the Duggars were getting boring anyway. The only thing keeping them on the air was courtships, marriages, and new babies, and even that was going to get old. Even before the scandals hit there was talk of the married girls getting their own show. Now they're interesting again. People give a crap. They want to know how the grown-up kids are dealing with the scandal fallout. They probably want to see if any other shenanigans are going to go down. And they're still just weirdly religious enough to be a bit of a sideshow. They couldn't have given TLC a better gift.

*Obviously these are not my feelings, but rather what I'd assume to be TLC's train of thought.

6 minutes ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

The only positive thing I can think of, is that this show, will lead to some new and inventive drinking games.

It's already hard enough trying to make a Duggar Drinking Game that doesn't involve alcohol poisoning as it is. :P:lol:

Should we start putting together a supply chain of @Buzzard's favorite foods and drinks?  That's going to be a lot of re-capping for those who want to know what's going on but don't want to actually watch!  :pb_eek:

Am I mistaken that it seems only the 18-and-up Duggarlings are involved here, sans mama and daddy?

Just now, FlamingFundie said:

Am I mistaken that it seems only the 18-and-up Duggarlings are involved here, sans mama and daddy?

It looks that way, but I'm sure we'll see minor Duggars here and there. After all, buddy duties call at some point.

I can't say that I'm surprised. Twenty years ago, a network show needed 20 million viewers per week to be considered mildly popular and today 3 million viewers on cable is considered a hit. The Duggars clearly have enough leghumpers to reach that goal, even if most people think they're hypocritical fame whores. As far as I'm concerned anyone who still buys into the "wholesome Christian family" facade is a fool and an enabler. The scandals are only going to grow, given the large number of wild, uneducated kids, and at some point it will have to be enough.

I think people tuned in to see how they would respond to the trainwreck.  I highly doubt they can maintain an audience for a full season.  No one cares about Bin and Jessa not working, going shopping, or watching J'derick proselytize to catholics. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived