IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

How is this show supposed to be about the kiddults adulting when a quiverful kuddult cannot adult?

Is this a riddle??? 

Unfortunately these girls women will never know how to be in control of their own lives. Once they are married their husbands own take over headship. These poor women will never know what it is like to make their own decisions or make their own goals for their family. I really hope they get their own money from this show and they choose to leave and live a normal life. But, I don't see that happening any time soon. 

I always thought that Jessa would be the one to turn her back to all this. But, she has fully drank all the kool aid offered to her. 

How much adulting could a kiddult adult, if a kiddult could adult?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

This screams "Lifetime movie". It's a step up from their "college girls who do sketchy crap to pay college tuition" theme

Man, I ought to watch those Lifetime movies. I go to college in Nevada, where you'd think it'd be all kinds of easy to do some sketchy crap to pay my tuition, yet I'm just in a currently-moderate-but-rapidly-increasing amount of student loan debt. 

On a Duggar-related note, I'm not surprised about the new show, but I am growing very weary of all these TLC shenanigans. Also, I will be watching it because I have no self-control. Additionally, I'm a bit curious about how they'll change the show up, as the promos were really different than anything we would have seen for 19KAC. It'll end up being the same old boring Duggars, I'm sure, but I just gotta see it for myself. 

25 minutes ago, felinefundie said:

Man, I ought to watch those Lifetime movies. I go to college in Nevada, where you'd think it'd be all kinds of easy to do some sketchy crap to pay my tuition, yet I'm just in a currently-moderate-but-rapidly-increasing amount of student loan debt. 

On a Duggar-related note, I'm not surprised about the new show, but I am growing very weary of all these TLC shenanigans. Also, I will be watching it because I have no self-control. Additionally, I'm a bit curious about how they'll change the show up, as the promos were really different than anything we would have seen for 19KAC. It'll end up being the same old boring Duggars, I'm sure, but I just gotta see it for myself. 

YAy. Fellow Nevadan. Did you know we've got the safest bridges in the country? It's nice to be at the top for a change.

3 hours ago, nst said:

do we know why they didn't settle out of court? i didn't follow whether he did or didn't do something with her 

There was a long discussion in the Joshley thread.  IIRC

We don't know if he even met her. He claimed to have proof he was absolutely elsewhere at the times of the alleged assaults and that he never met or paid her.

We don't know if he was lying, or she was lying or both were lying.  (Maybe they met and had sex but he didn't do anything violent/non-consensual.). It is also barely possible that she made a mistake and confused him with some other plump balding southerner with a smarmy smile.  

Some people believe there must have been a pay off for Danica to drop the lawsuit.  Others believe she didn't think she could win and cut her losses. . . We don't really know.

Other than their certainty of being able to prove Josh's innocence (or plain Duggar stinginess), we don't know why they didn't settle.

This summarizes what we (don't) know as I see it.  Check out the Joshley thread, if you want to know more.

1 hour ago, felinefundie said:

I'm ashamed of myself but......I will be watching for all the same reasons: no self control, curiosity, and I love a good train wreck.

1 hour ago, Diggingupdirt said:

I'm ashamed of myself but......I will be watching for all the same reasons: no self control, curiosity, and I love a good train wreck.

I'm in the same boat. I don't want to watch and yet I can't deny that I probably will for the same reasons. A lot of it is curiosity regarding the rebranding. Interested in how they're going to sell this. 

7 hours ago, mausi said:

Like Jessa and Ben.

I read on one forum somewhere that Ben had always wanted to be an actor. To me, that makes his long distance crush on the reality tv girl very suspect.  

3 hours ago, felinefundie said:

And that's why they keep getting shows, people will watch them. Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry, but man,y both leg humpers and hate watchers, tune in.

47 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

I read on one forum somewhere that Ben had always wanted to be an actor. To me, that makes his long distance crush on the reality tv girl very suspect.  

And that's why they keep getting shows, people will watch them. Personally, I'd rather watch paint dry, but man,y both leg humpers and hate watchers, tune in.

He's kind of like his sister wanted to be a "writer".  At least she actually wrote something, I guess.

9 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I think that they think they need to heal from (a) losing the first show and how that hurt their self-image  (b) Josh and the infidelity scandal and (c) nasty things said about them for not being perfect.  Getting the new show is healing all that.  Soon everyone will love them again and they will be living proof that faith is rewarded.

In truth, they need to heal from narcissistic, controlling parents, being molested by their brother, being blamed for their brother's actions, being forced to "mother" their siblings before they were barely old enough to take care of themselves and many more things from which they will never heal unless they, by some miracle, realize how life doesn't have to be the way Michelle and JB have decreed it is.

It is sad.  "Counting on..." is supposed to suggest forward movement.  But it is really about not "moving on."  It is about their not growing, not changing anything other than their clothes and hair styles.  They are " counting on things going on the way they want from now on because Jesus loves them."  

I don't have the words to describe just how much I hate that you're likely right about this. I'm not at all upset they they're back on TV, because I saw that one coming, but the way they're going to spin everything pisses me off. I'd rather then just not address any of the scandals at all than use them as a story line.

Maybe Counting On is a TLC conspiracy to unhinge the k'adults from the grasp of their controlling parents?  Kind of like the way traveling the globe for 19KAC showed them there was a big, diverse world outside of their bubble.  Now they have their own show, There's bound to be a few more train wrecks coming down the tracks.  TLC is probably counting on it.    

On 2/24/2016 at 10:31 PM, Chickenbutt said:

I have been reading the labor laws of Arkansas in relation to child labor and there is a section on "entertainment", but I was actually looking for info about the kidults money. TLC cannot just pay JB for the kidults can they? Unless the kidults gave their written permission for their paychecks to go to JB? Any contract that JB had in regards to the kids that are now adults would have had to have been re-negotiated when the kids became adults I would think. Maybe a lawyer could weigh in? And that does not even scratch the surface of what is happening to the littles money.

ETA: If Spurge and Izzy get paid (?) then their parents would be in control of that money. Not JB. All so complicated.

I was thinking the same thing....

25 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I don't have the words to describe just how much I hate that you're likely right about this. I'm not at all upset they they're back on TV, because I saw that one coming, but the way they're going to spin everything pisses me off. I'd rather then just not address any of the scandals at all than use them as a story line.

I am in your camp - I I am not upset they are back on tv - what I am upset about is that they think this is the norm 

that what they said is ok - especially in the MK interview (notice Jill didn't say it but Jessa did)  - - I am upset that Ben doesn't have go out and get job and sacrifice - instead we are treated to hats with symbols - and the idea that if you are godly enough then good things come despite the lies and coverups 

they must think the rapture has come and they are all going to heaven regardless 

21 minutes ago, Drala said:

Maybe Counting On is a TLC conspiracy to unhinge the k'adults from the grasp of their controlling parents?  Kind of like the way traveling the globe for 19KAC showed them there was a big, diverse world outside of their bubble.  Now they have their own show, There's bound to be a few more train wrecks coming down the tracks.  TLC is probably counting on it.    

21 minutes ago, Drala said:

I doubt that -because again - spouses are interchangeable - Ben is interchangeable - she just gets to have sex with him and cut her toenails in front of him - half of what she did with her siblings  (you know what I mean - no untowardness) 

Ben is much a scapegoat is as Jana is to Jessa an accountability partner 

these people can't be alone 

it showed int he second series of Jessa' and Jill 

2 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

He's kind of like his sister wanted to be a "writer".  At least she actually wrote something, I guess.

That's what I mean. You want to be on tv, marry a girl with a reality show. Makes me wonder about his motives.

16 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

Hi. Longtime lurker, new sharer. How do you do?

Anyway, I'm personally pleased that more exposure to us heathens might increase the likeliness that one will break away and the speculation can continue. Yeah, the whole Joshley thing might have resulted in a more "shun the nonbelievers, shuuuuuunnnnnn" mentality from the family, but Jim Bob's fame whore-iness could come back and bite him, much to our general amusement. What's that whole Proverb about pride cometh before the fall? It's going to cometh... -evil laugh-

Hope this wasn't a repeat of what someone else may have said. But if so 1) sorry, 2) UNITY (as said in Dave Chappelle/Rick James voice)

I wanted to give you a million thumbs up for the Candy Mountain cartoon reference. <3 Because that cartoon is the spitting image of this entire cluster-fuck of Duggars.

34 minutes ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

That's what I mean. You want to be on tv, marry a girl with a reality show. Makes me wonder about his motives.

Did he pick Jessa randomly? Or did he go... "Eeny meany, miney moe... catch a Duggar by the jaw. If she screams, let her go. Ditch her for the sister, yo."

Just kidding ;)

4 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Coupled with the fact that Horny-Boy-Bin needed a "warm place to stick it" (thanks, Dr. Laura!!) whenever he wanted it, I'd be tempted to agree with you in jest! ;) But alas, he honestly seems so puppy dog enamored with her that I bet he narrowed his potential pool down to girls with high profiles, then decided he really liked Jessa and went for it.

Prediction: Both Jill and Jessa will announce pregnancies by the end of this season. Gotta keep the gravy train coming make arrows for the Lord's army. :pb_rollseyes:

My guess is that TLC will make sure to provide enough snark material because they know the majority of people watching abhor the Duggaar lifestyle. TLC isn't stupid. They know the show stopped being about a good Christian family years ago, if ever, and it's real appeal was the freak show factor. I have always thought the majority of the true fans (fundies) of the show had rarely seen it as fundies are unlikely to have TV, let alone cable. These people will never be relatable to the general public so TLC is likely going to play up how odd they are.

During the last few years of the 19 Kids show it was as if TLC was mocking them. The stuff they showed during Jill and Derrick's courtship with Jim Bob and Michelle counseling them was cringeworthy. Who else in their right minds would do this shit? Who eould think its normal for a 21 year old woman to marry a 19 year old man and neither have a job or income and said young man is living in what appeared to be her Daddy's storage space? Yet, they are encouraged to multiply quickly. TLC knows everything the Duggars do looks stupid to the outside world and are happy to profit off it. 

10 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I agree. I don't think the Danica case posed any threat to TLC's launch of the "And Counting"  show.   If anything, it kept the Duggar name in the news.  Supposing Danica had won the case, there could have been an episode in which everyone weeps with Anna and shake their heads about Josh.

My guess is that Danica sued because she thought the Duggars might settle out of court. When they didn't and it became clear that proving her case was going to be difficult, she (or her lawyer) chose not to go on.  It is not so odd, really.  Even if she was telling the absolute truth, the cost of the case would have been great and it might be for nothing.  

This is just as good a guess as mine, and obviously I don't know any more than anyone else with internet access knows.  I just think the timing of it all is way too convenient, and I wouldn't put anything past TLC.  

I was watching my 600 pound life last night and they had atleast 4 Duggar promos.  Really?  The fact that they're pimping the hell out of the show makes me sick.  

26 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I was watching my 600 pound life last night and they had atleast 4 Duggar promos.  Really?  The fact that they're pimping the hell out of the show makes me sick.  

@Buzzard, I presume you'll be recapping them? 

Folks, shall we start a booze fund to see Buzzard through the mind numbing repetition that is this show?

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Prediction: Both Jill and Jessa will announce pregnancies by the end of this season. Gotta keep the gravy train coming make arrows for the Lord's army. :pb_rollseyes:

Jessa being pregnant again would also buy her more time of pretending to want to adopt, and saying that she and Bin just aren't able to because she's pregnant, which is a condition she is completely unable to prevent

On 2/24/2016 at 10:47 PM, nst said:

I finally realize what the black and white photo reminds me of  

SITC :D 

Melrose Place 

It reminds me of a Calvin Klein ad only photographed in the opposite direction! :my_tongue:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived