IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

And now the leg humpers can look at poor Joshy and how he was maligned by that bad woman. They will choose not to remember the self admitted adultery, and of course, the molestation was just a young boy's curiosity. :kitty-cussing:

Of course. Nevermind that most curious young boys aren't so sexually repressed they even consider touching a sleeping girl (let alone a sister) but then, they pretend masturbation doesn't exist.

did anyone else watch jana say "i totally did't see this coming" and immediately think "COURTSHIP"?! 

9 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

did anyone else watch jana say "i totally did't see this coming" and immediately think "COURTSHIP"?! 

Wait, where did she say that? Is there a newer video? - Nevermind, found it!

11 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I think that's what they want people to think, but in reality, it's a new and improved recipe for tater tot casserole. 

7 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

I really hope that she just low-key found an awesome dude who loves and respects her and they've been quietly getting to know/courting each other for a while before going public, but Little Old Cynical Me knows it's probably a publicity stunt and Jana's getting sold off to polish the turd that is the family reputation.

Just now, 2manyKidzzz said:

I think that's what they want people to think, but in reality, it's a new and improved recipe for tater tot casserole. 

Now with six kinds of cheese!

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wait, where did she say that? Is there a newer video? - Nevermind, found it!

I think it's the first video. I caught that but didn't think courtship. Thought it was something to do with Jessa. Could be a courtship though.

just saw you found it.

They're trying to make it look like it's about Jessa and Ben adopting, but I was sure they said that they weren't allowed to adopt until their baby was, like... 9 months? A year? Obviously he's not that old yet, and is she ever going to get to a point where she's not pregnant and she doesn't have an infant? Maybe they found a way around it, though. Private adoption, or something. They seem bound and determined to do it.

6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

They're trying to make it look like it's about Jessa and Ben adopting, but I was sure they said that they weren't allowed to adopt until their baby was, like... 9 months? A year? Obviously he's not that old yet, and is she ever going to get to a point where she's not pregnant and she doesn't have an infant? Maybe they found a way around it, though. Private adoption, or something. They seem bound and determined to do it.

I'm sure private adoptions would be the way they go.

"We knew this girl who was in a bad way, doesn't have the support system we do, blah blah". It feeds their egos well.

11 minutes ago, doggie said:

I think this is the only way to get the brood married. Sell your kids on TV sell them into marriage to a stalker

This screams "Lifetime movie". It's a step up from their "college girls who do sketchy crap to pay college tuition" theme

1 hour ago, doggie said:

I think this is the only way to get the brood married. Sell your kids on TV sell them into marriage to a stalker

Like Jessa and Ben.

There ain't enough Ativan on the planet to make calm enough to watch this new crazy ass Duggar show. Nope. Ain't gonna watch it.

Disturbing as this new show is, I would be much more disturbed if any of these ignorant people would actually adopt, especially if the child was older and aware of the creepiness it was being made part of and dependent on. 

But please, please tell me that they would have the discretion not to put some traumatised child in the middle of a difficult adaption process on their stupid show. Surely TLC would know better??? Please?

On February 24, 2016 at 8:15 PM, lascuba said:

"Healing from the past" is such a bullshit concept for them unless they're going to retract their previous statements that the molestation wasn't a big deal. The only thing they believe they need to "heal" from is the evil media being "mean" to them.

I think that they think they need to heal from (a) losing the first show and how that hurt their self-image  (b) Josh and the infidelity scandal and (c) nasty things said about them for not being perfect.  Getting the new show is healing all that.  Soon everyone will love them again and they will be living proof that faith is rewarded.

In truth, they need to heal from narcissistic, controlling parents, being molested by their brother, being blamed for their brother's actions, being forced to "mother" their siblings before they were barely old enough to take care of themselves and many more things from which they will never heal unless they, by some miracle, realize how life doesn't have to be the way Michelle and JB have decreed it is.

It is sad.  "Counting on..." is supposed to suggest forward movement.  But it is really about not "moving on."  It is about their not growing, not changing anything other than their clothes and hair styles.  They are " counting on things going on the way they want from now on because Jesus loves them."  

7 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Do the Duggars tithe?    

Why can't the tithing be earmarked for mission work?    Their own mission work since it's so important to them?   

They they wouldn't have to depend on  grift from others. 

I suspect since they have a home church they tithe to themselves. As to the mission work, why would they deprive others of the chance to contribute?  

On February 23, 2016 at 0:34 PM, SnazzyNazzy said:

I just had a mental picture, of everyone where they are at, helping them pack, incessantly chanting "vámonos, vámonos", with the curmudgeonly grandpapa's saying "no deje que la puerta se golpeó, donde el buen señor ya dividida".

Spanish translation provided by Google Translate.

Haha nice. Good ol' Google Translate. That means "don't let the door hit you (in the past tense - maybe 'don't let the door struck you' conveys that better) where the good lord already split. 

5 hours ago, Hera said:

I really don't think TLC paid off Danica Dillon.  

I agree. I don't think the Danica case posed any threat to TLC's launch of the "And Counting"  show.   If anything, it kept the Duggar name in the news.  Supposing Danica had won the case, there could have been an episode in which everyone weeps with Anna and shake their heads about Josh.

My guess is that Danica sued because she thought the Duggars might settle out of court. When they didn't and it became clear that proving her case was going to be difficult, she (or her lawyer) chose not to go on.  It is not so odd, really.  Even if she was telling the absolute truth, the cost of the case would have been great and it might be for nothing.  

1 minute ago, EmCatlyn said:

I agree. I don't think the Danica case posed any threat to TLC's launch of the "And Counting"  show.   If anything, it kept the Duggar name in the news.  Supposing Danica had won the case, there could have been an episode in which everyone weeps with Anna and shake their heads about Josh.

My guess is that Danica sued because she thought the Duggars might settle out of court. When they didn't and it became clear that proving her case was going to be difficult, she (or her lawyer) chose not to go on.  It is not so odd, really.  Even if she was telling the absolute truth, the cost of the case would have been great and it might be for nothing.  

do we know why they didn't settle out of court? i didn't follow whether he did or didn't do something with her 

This is kind of a win win deal for TLC. My guess is that they aren't paying the Duggars anywhere near what they were getting before. If anything, probably closer to what new reality cable show "talent" gets paid. It isn't as though the Duggars have options. There isn't a bidding war to get the Duggars on any other channel. They are pretty much screwed if they want a tv show so they likely took a lower salary in the hope that the show will be such a success that the next season will bring more money. TLC is likely selling ad space on the cheap. There really is no downside for TLC. For the Duggars, it just means one more year that none of the kids have to get a real job. Other than People and US Magazines that have deals with various networks to promote their "stars", I can't really see anyone else caring that they are coming back. 

The promo pics are just disturbing because we know that they are not touchy feely like that. The Kardashians I can believe. The Duggars have never been all cuddly with each other. Half the time, if you didn't know it, you would think they were strangers or minor acquaintances. 

4 hours ago, pnwgypsy said:

How is this show supposed to be about the kiddults adulting when a quiverful kuddult cannot adult?

Is this a riddle??? 

Unfortunately these girls women will never know how to be in control of their own lives. Once they are married their husbands own take over headship. These poor women will never know what it is like to make their own decisions or make their own goals for their family. I really hope they get their own money from this show and they choose to leave and live a normal life. But, I don't see that happening any time soon. 

I always thought that Jessa would be the one to turn her back to all this. But, she has fully drank all the kool aid offered to her. 

1 hour ago, herpderp said:

Haha nice. Good ol' Google Translate. That means "don't let the door hit you (in the past tense - maybe 'don't let the door struck you' conveys that better) where the good lord already split. 

Actually ( pedantic moment here, but it is funnier that way) I think what Google translate actually said was closer to:  "Let's go, let's go!"  And "Don't let the door have hit itself where the good lord already been divided [feminine ending]."

ichanting "vámonos, vámonos", with the curmudgeonly grandpapa's saying "no deje que la puerta se golpeó, donde el buen señor ya dividida".

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived