IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

I imagine that when the contracts were being signed for this new show, there was either power-of-attorney given to JB over the money or some sort of document signed stating the money goes to the family account controlled by JB. All the papers would be thrown at them to sign, without giving them a chance to read them, and being told that for the show to go forward they needed to sign all of them.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I am no lawyer, but I don't think that JB can sign a contract for his adult children. Probably for the littles, but not for anyone over 18. And I suspect that contracts had to be negotiated every time a child turned 18.

That's what I'm wondering myself.

I wouldnot be at all surprised if there was some loophole that allowed TLC to pay them as a "family", tho.

what a mess.  Ben is positively beaming.  It is the most expression he has ever shown on his face.  He has to be thrilled that he doesn't need to get a real job now. 

They are trying to give this show a slicker look.  The trailer reminds me a bit of BUB's intro.   

These people are just shameless

3 minutes ago, Hiddenomaha said:

I imagine that when the contracts were being signed for this new show, there was either power-of-attorney given to JB over the money or some sort of document signed stating the money goes to the family account controlled by JB. All the papers would be thrown at them to sign, without giving them a chance to read them, and being told that for the show to go forward they needed to sign all of them.

And if the girls were given papers to sign, would they understand the language and their rights not to give JB their

money? Probably not. Ben and Derrick.....I just don't know if they are strong enough to stand up to JB.

If JB was on the up and up, he would have taken some screen time to say he was putting money in trust for his younger children so that when they reached 18, they could start a business or go to college. Well, not the college of course.

I doubt anything would be in writing wrt to JB...I'm sure his unmarried daughters will be convicted to sign over their checks to him.  I could maybe see TLC giving him a sort of finder's fee (not the phrase I'm looking for but I'm drawing a blank) or maybe even an official-looking title to give him a check, but I kind of doubt it. 

I googled "Duggar" today for snark value and was, admittedly, a bit surprised. I was kind of expecting The Leghumper Channel to wait for at least a week before making the move and showing these painfully overdone and obnoxiously performative promos, tbh. I was mentally and emotionally preparing for this announcement to happen in, like, March. Not today.

Like I had to immediately log into Free Jinger once my eyes fell upon the first headline for a semblance of emotional support, because I swear to the heavens I just... :COLERE::kitty-cussing:

I know I'm using a lot of emoticons but I don't even have the words yet to fully express just how irritating this image recovery PR bullshit is, and how very clearly the older girls are being exploited for money and ratings by practically every person of relative power in their lives. These girls have been given a vague scapegoat ("The Liberal Media!!!!") by their cruel and worthless parents to place all their feelings into and TLC is relying on that and exploiting it to make bank. If any of these kids were allowed space to truly and honestly process their emotions, allowed to actually identify when they have been wronged by their loved ones and the gravy train they're embedded in... this wouldn't be happening. 

Fuck TLC and their concern trolling about the well being of this family, when anyone who actually pays attention knows the REAL reason why they cancelled 19KAC, and it had nothing to do with the pain the older sisters were experiencing in having their victim status outed. If they really felt like protecting their money makers, they wouldn't be doing this shit to them now. It's fucking appalling, even though we all knew it was gonna happen sooner or later. 

Like I knew the show was going to come back and that it would be bad, but the clear and concerted effort to sway ~worldly~ viewers into leg humper syndrome, to try and manipulate people into buying their carefully constructed and largely misplaced victim narrative about the past year's events, is just offensive to me... in addition to frustrating, because I know there are people out there who are eating this shit up like it's candy.

Just... dafghfgfdaksjhgbskjdf!1!1

This is beyond disingenuous to me, especially with that disgusting "healing from the past" promo shot (reads to me as a thinly-veiled attempt to push all of the recent scandals into the background via vague insinuations - "come on guys, it's the past!") & the single tear from Joy-Anna. It's clear they're trying to manipulate the public into forgiving and forgetting all the previous J'Chelle-ordained statements to Megyn Kelly. These girls are victims, but their anger is completely misplaced if they honestly believe the general public is at the crux of their being wronged. 

Just judging by the formatting of these promos... this show is gonna be even worse than I anticipated.

:tw_unamused::tw_thumbsdown: 

The "kids" being adults doesn't necessarily mean that they are being paid. In Holly Madison's (Girls Next Door) book, she said that she, Kendra, and Bridget were NOT paid for doing the show and they were the stars of it. Hugh Hefner (according to Holly) was the only person paid.

As an actual patent having a "step away from the small humans" kind of night, if I were a sister mom, I'd be riding that TLC gravy train wherever it would take me.  "Sorry, Pops can't watch your carnival freaks today...gotta film."  Can you imagine Jana's horror if she took a trip with just Jinger? It could possibly be the best night sleep she has ever gotten. Put on pj's, get in bed and not listen to 58 other people sneeze, snore, cry or get out of bed to pee. Maybe the girls are finally catching a break.

Didn't Josh's sisters say on TV (when they were defending him) that they had healed from the past long before?  If so, what are they healing from now?  Ashley Madison?  Where's Anna?

2 hours ago, Furbabies said:

The Big Chill?  Sixteen Candles?  St Elmo's Fire ?  Some random emo John Hughesesque coming of age movie?  The Craft?

Seriously, love John Hughes.

I was thinking of some chick flick.  Steel Magnolias, maybe?

If only the Duggar girls knew how easy it would be for them to break free. SO MANY would go to bat for them and help them find a good place to live. They could EASILY star in movies, TV shows, interviews, write books, and be set for life.

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

They had good enough ratings on the "specials" I would guess that they have lined up the advertisers.

let the public backlash begin 

Money talks.  Clearly TLC has vetted they can make a profit from this. 

But will the individual Duggarettes profit?  Who knows.  Perhaps they don't care/or are oblivious to their own personal wealth goals.

These people live in a world most of us cannot begin to understand.  NOT sympathizing, rather trying to make sense for the rest of us that what they think is normal,  is probably not  "our" normal.

Do you think there is something like a dowry for girls in this cult. I can see JB saving up money for each unmarried girl to pay the dowry.

8 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:
  Hide contents

duggars.png.6946a54b90a9c2c8950aa23fbe1b

dug2.png.e397002d83352d3e91b43f1a53bba02

That first promo picture is so awkward. I've never seen a person just place the flat palm of their hand along someone's head. Usually if you're touching a head/face it's for comfort of some sort, so you sort of curl your finger tips around it and/or (if they are younger) you are patting and rubbing their forehead etc. to help them fall asleep. Between knowing Joy is close with Jill and Jessa's hand just being there ... lots of awkward vibes. Also, why does Jana look so plastic and photoshopped in the first photo? She's freaking gorgeous, but that top photo looks like a picture of a Jana Doll (plus siblings)

It really bothers me how shittily the promo is staged. When they're jumping Jinger is completely blocking Joy and one boy Duggar is completely blocking another (JD blocking Josiah maybe?). JD looks like he has extra limbs coming out of his body.

Whoever was filming fucked up big time.

Whoever  decided to bring these people back also fucked up big time, though.

(I don't like to just talk about appearances, but since we only have pictures for now, I'm running with it ...)

and I have to say, the first thing that came to mind is that the three were praying Blessa would finally orgasm, and it worked for her.

i'll go lock myself and my dirty mind into a shame/prayer closet now.

1916729_1870308786529007_8879153844370304275_n.png

The thing that annoys me most is that it is like the new publicists have been reading Free Jinger.

These kids don’t hug each other? Have photos of this.

They have to keep sweet all the time? Disprove this by having a photo of a crying Joy (irony much?)

These kids don’t look happy? Have them smiling!

Jinger abuses the fake tan? We’ll style her so she doesn’t have to wear that.

Oppressive lifestyle – that’s ok, we’ll say they’re “moving on from it”.

Oh and Joseph is looking like Josh – gross!!!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived