IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

Say this "counts on" a few more seasons...Jed/Jer turn 18 at the very end of the year. Will they just magically start being featured?

At this rate, I'd take my chances on them and what they have to say/do over any more Jill/Derick CA storyline. The fact she isn't featured in the promo stills w/ the girls makes it seem definitely like a Jessa and friends show. They could have easily edited Jill into the group shot.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, TheSilverTongue said:

More promo photos looking all serene and artsy in black and white. No more curls I guess :(1916729_1870308786529007_887915384437030

Looks like they're putting themselves to sleep.

I think the "Counting On" title is really stupid, though accurate in the sense of counting on leghumpers and trainwreck gawkers to keep this mess on TV.

Beware the Ides of March...

That photo is just odd. Very odd. When has Jessa ever looked that happy? Or maybe it is because it is in black and white? I don't know it is just hitting me as an odd picture. Looks like they are almost worshipping Jessa?

The entire thing makes me very angry. The entire family can do anything and everything they like and get paid for it. The kids (due to their upbringing) have no idea what life is or how hard it actually can be. Talk is cheap. We will see all but Josh by Episode #3, there is no way in hell the parental units are going to let this show go on without them. In their minds, they are the reason this glorious show even exists. We will see way too much of Sierra, any of Sierra is too much in my book. By Episode #7 or so, Josh will back and the show will be right on the same track as before. I just do not see that many changes being made that will last. It all sounds good on a promo but these people are a cult and just can not hide it forever.

At least we can be grateful that the new show isn't about Michelle's family and her "loving husband, Jim Bob."  Also, we can be grateful that Anna gets her own paycheck. 

1 hour ago, violynn said:

For so many reasons, but right now for the above, I love you, mela!

D'aww!! Sniff. I dreamed of the day when my snarky Italian mouth would come in handy. :562479a21db1d_Somethingsinthatthurairlove:

5 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

At least we can be grateful that the new show isn't about Michelle's family and her "loving husband, Jim Bob."  Also, we can be grateful that Anna gets her own paycheck. 

Can we be sure that Anna will get a paycheck? Smuggar will be home by then. She may have to turn any money over to her headship.

2 hours ago, karen77 said:

I wonder how JB and M took it when TLC probably told them that the adoring public really didn't want to see much of them in the new show, only the kids.

He probably puffed out his chest and said, "as long as the paycheck is made out to ME, I could not care less." All he wants is the money. Let the kids do the work and take all the heat and grief. 

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I have a sinking feeling that crazy-eyed Sierra will be costarring as their wacky friend.

She replaces crazy cousin amy!

1 hour ago, TheSilverTongue said:

More promo photos looking all serene and artsy in black and white. No more curls I guess :(1916729_1870308786529007_887915384437030

Lets all sing together

I'm dreaming of an ORRR Gas im.......

6 hours ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Or pool enough money together, for a short-term rental apartment in Colorado, that lasts as long as the season. With this show coming on on Tuesday, boozing it up doesn't seem too swell. We can get her stoned instead, less of a hangover you know. Heck, I would sign up for that, now that I think about it...lol.

I live in CO she can move in with me!!

2 hours ago, Piano gal said:

Thank you so much.  I'm glad you are doing fine. 

I'm blessed in that mine is preventative due to the Brca2 gene. Still no fun but I'm glad to have the knowledge. Peace to you. 

Thanks everyone else!

:hugs: I just had treatment for skin cancer. Feel free to reach out if you have questions or need any support. Sending good vibes your way!

There is a different series promo on the TLC page that has more of Jana, adoption talk, and Jessa bangs

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I think people tuned in to see how they would respond to the trainwreck.  I highly doubt they can maintain an audience for a full season.  No one cares about Bin and Jessa not working, going shopping, or watching J'derick proselytize to catholics. 

see Jessa not talk to the camera

See Ben pretend to word a coherent sentence together 

See Jill cry about being far away from home 

it's like xmas all over again 

:D

I predict 2 more people covers this coming months !! although nothing has been on people.com today - So that speaks volumes 

and i knew something was up because all their instagram and facebook accounts were cold 

Jessa's bangs are awful, I can't wait for those to grow out. I went through the awkward stage of having bangs grows out, it sucked.I can honestly say I am going to miss their curls, as a natural curly girl I love seeing more of that. 

I am not  the least bit surprised the show is back. Personally I am happy they are focusing on the older Duggar kids, the younger ones don't have much going on. If they show Josie and the other littles there is a higher chance of seeing JB and DQ. I am hoping for than just shopping episodes and taking care of Spurgeon. 

"Jana, Jinger, Joy Anna, John David, Josiah and Joseph explore their own talents and passions"

OK, so John David's will be flying obviously-- and I guess Jinger will go take some fundies on railroad track pics?

Josiah will be, what? Getting his Real Estate license? I'm not snarking on that, but its not exactly riveting tv.

Will Jana still be "concert pianist"?

I have no idea what Joseph's passion will be now that he's home from Crown College.

No clues what Joy Anna's passion will be.

6 hours ago, ljohnson2006 said:

TLC: How dare you bring back the Duggars? You're rewarding a family for covering up abuse, and exploiting the victims of that abuse. You're telling us, that you're not going to have Smugs, Boob and J'Chelle on the show? Yeah, freaking right! The specials with Jill and Jessa were boring. There's no way they'll be able to carry a full series. Enough with the Duggars. Stop rewarding families who cover up abuse. ‪#‎NoExcuseForAbuse‬.

but this time because they all lied and covered up for decades - we get the added pleasure of joy, jinger and jana 

three of the sisters who are more depressing than shit  imo 

they are all god's children - WTF - no they are people who need to get real jobs

this bothers me yet I ben is so excited it's insane 

The three on top look like they are starring in the next L Word, and Jessa looks like, well she sticks out like a sore thumb for sure.

6 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So I guess Bin has a job now!! He is a TV star again!! No worries. Ho ho. He can buy more hats. Such luck. 

So, I wonder if we will see Derrick preaching to the Catholics. I'd pay to see that. It will be hysterical. Sorry for my disrespect to people everywhere. Amazing, all of this. 

no that WILL BE HILARIOUS to watch and that will be so funny - I may wet myself :D 

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

"Jana, Jinger, Joy Anna, John David, Josiah and Joseph explore their own talents and passions"

OK, so John David's will be flying obviously-- and I guess Jinger will go take some fundies on railroad track pics?

Josiah will be, what? Getting his Real Estate license? I'm not snarking on that, but its not exactly riveting tv.

Will Jana still be "concert pianist"?

I have no idea what Joseph's passion will be now that he's home from Crown College.

No clues what Joy Anna's passion will be.

My guess is that the J'kidults will have "passions" manufactured for them, since no one in the Duggar family is passionate about anything.

6 hours ago, FlamingFundie said:

They'll announce the next blessing(s) set to arrive, Jill and Derrick will come home because they have successfully converted all the ebil peoples down there (aka, ZIKA!!!!!**!!!11!!!), show Jill and Jessa going house hunting with their new TLC paychecks, Daddy will go buy them some auctioned furniture to spiff up the places, and Bin will promote his YouTube Preaching as his "career."

Basically, 19KAC with a few less people.

Now I am so calling Ben and Jessa will be going to Central America to visit Jill and Derick who will announce not only adoption but pregnant 

these people will now be pregnant forever 

wait for it - it's gonna happen 

19KAC with no mama and pappa - should be WONDERFUL 

17 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

There is a different series promo on the TLC page that has more of Jana, adoption talk, and Jessa bangs

Are they still pretending that they actually want to adopt? If any of the Duggars ever end up actually adopting, I think I might die of surprise. 

My best friend's baby smiles with his eyes closed like Jessa when he has gas. Except here it looks like Jessa farted roses (which is probably what they promise happens when one reaches the super special Quiverful rank of motherhood) whilst the rest of the J-Singles (Jingles?) breathe in the lovely aroma.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived