IGNORED

They're back! Counting On is now an official show!

TheSilverTongue

1 hour ago, TheSilverTongue said:

More promo photos looking all serene and artsy in black and white. No more curls I guess :(1916729_1870308786529007_887915384437030

Why is Jess the only one smiling? That is weird. Obviously they are going to focus on the 5 oldest girls (minus Jill) and them doing sister things.  Since they don't do anything, fun or otherwise, not sure how this could work. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

How is this even possible without advertisers and viewers?

It's the beginning of the end for TLC 

They had good enough ratings on the "specials" I would guess that they have lined up the advertisers.

1 hour ago, TheSilverTongue said:

More promo photos looking all serene and artsy in black and white. No more curls I guess :(1916729_1870308786529007_887915384437030

[triggering intensifies]

(not for me personally but... ugh.)

2 hours ago, TheSilverTongue said:

More promo photos looking all serene and artsy in black and white. No more curls I guess :(

Wasn't Gothard the curl fan?  Maybe now that he has been discredited, they can find a new hair style! ;) 

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

That photo is just odd. Very odd. When has Jessa ever looked that happy? Or maybe it is because it is in black and white? I don't know it is just hitting me as an odd picture. Looks like they are almost worshipping Jessa?

I think the picture may be the top part of a picture where Jessa has Little Spurge on her lap.  She is smiling with her eyes half shut at her baby and her sisters are huddling around her admiring the baby.  The expressions on all their faces make a little sense if you imagine cute baby on Jessa's lap.  

saw the video - ben is way to happy - it's sickening yet real 

I hope they all get their own pay 

yes Jessa you get it - you want to adopt 

it's overthetop 

Yet again this is a prime example of JB being a pimp (of telly shows).

Put your daughters on screen and exploit them. WHAT A WONDERFUL FATHER.

I am very angry about this show being back on TV - it makes me want to swear a lot! 

17 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Why is Jess the only one smiling? That is weird. Obviously they are going to focus on the 5 oldest girls (minus Jill) and them doing sister things.  Since they don't do anything, fun or otherwise, not sure how this could work. 

She's the only one having the sexXXXXXXXX

Hey, hey, hey

Am I the only one who really hates the bangs on Jessa?

Also, Jinger is looking better (and more normally colored) than ever. She looks beautiful.

I think Joy looks different but I can't put my finger on what it is.

4 hours ago, OnceUponATime said:
  Reveal hidden contents

duggars.png.6946a54b90a9c2c8950aa23fbe1b

dug2.png.e397002d83352d3e91b43f1a53bba02

That first still reminds me of a tv show or movie trailer. Not the duggars. And I have no idea which one...

The Big Chill?  Sixteen Candles?  St Elmo's Fire ?  Some random emo John Hughesesque coming of age movie?  The Craft?

Seriously, love John Hughes.

Just now, Furbabies said:

The Big Chill?  Sixteen Candles?  St Elmo's Fire ?  Some random emo John Hughesesque coming of age movie?  The Craft?

The picture does have dark lighting like the Craft ;):P

4 minutes ago, Furbabies said:

welcome to my life :)

which she clearly likes to exploit and use to her degree

they must be using the birth control - because otherwise she can't adopt 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

welcome to my life :)

which Jessa clearly likes to exploit and use to her degree

they must be using the birth control - because otherwise she can't adopt 

35 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Since they don't do anything, fun or otherwise, not sure how this could work. 

TLC will pay for them to do fun things, of course. It's a staple of their formula now.

5 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

At least we know some sort of PR team is working on them now. I wonder if instagrams will look more like Bates. With well crafted pictures and captions and nothing too divisive. They might tell Ben not to use his instagram for preaching anymore, but we will see if the show is a way to boost his pastoral career

A big criticism here and elsewhere on the internet, especially this summer when the Joshley things were happening, was that they were supposed to be the huge loving family, but none of them really touched or showed affection in any way and now we have the new promo. 

I have a feeling they'll run with this and talk about how much they've grown together during the tribulations of the past year.  :puke-front:

Yes, I noticed a lot in those 3 specials that looked to me like they decided to do something about a lot of the long-term criticism--JD and Joseph actually talking at all and at length, Jana looking animated and actually saying some things beyond the canned responses the Duggars always say, etc. The big thing lately has been how much more normal and loving the Bates seem in comparison to the Duggars, and boom, we get a promo that strongly resembles the the vibe of the Bates's show, with the siblings looking like they might actually have more to say to each other than Bible quotes and baby anecdotes. 

These mofos are back for good. 

3 minutes ago, utter solitude said:

TLC will pay for them to do fun things, of course. It's a staple of their formula now.

you mean no more dentist trips 

poo I wanted to see Derick at the dentist 

guess we will have to see them do all karaoke 

Alright, I've had the time to analyze the new promotional pictures TLC has put out for the new show *vomit*. Has anyone noticed what TLC is doing? Look closely. Observe. The images, mostly are in black and white. Look at their faces. There is a sinister message being sold to the public here... Most of them are NOT doing the same "keep sweet show your teeth smile" they always do. Most of their faces look solemn, and most of the girls are huddled together. They even show a close up of Joy crying, with a tear dripping down her face.

Now ask yourself, WHY would TLC choose to portray the Duggar girls in this way?
My opinion: They are portraying them as sad, victims. They hope that by doing so, the public will have sympathy for them and want to "support" them by watching the show. They also end them showing somewhat "happier" but have them all huddled together to look as if they are ALL being victimized by the media and Josh, hoping the public takes pity on them all. TLC WANTS to portray the Duggars as victims, but more also to portray them as "authentic" and "real" since they KNOW the Duggars are criticized for not being authentic.  This reeks of PR doing MAJOR image rehab...

tlc2.png
Look at this one. How does it make you feel? Sad? Good. It's what TLC wants. It makes me feel uncomfortable and sad for the Duggar girls. Why black and white? Why have them huddled together, eyes closed? To paint them as sad and victimized. OT, but this looks like a promo for a motion picture drama about 4 sisters banding together against devastating odds. One sister, suffering from a divorce, another, escaping from her abusive husband while pregnant with his child, the other, possibly suffering from a heartbreaking loss. 

tlc3.JPG
Look at this picture. How does it make you feel? Does it make you feel sad? Good... that is what TLC wants. They are using this one to justify going forward with the series by portraying them as victims, abused by Josh and the media.  They hope the public will take pity and "support" them by tuning in. This reeks of  PR doing MAJOR image rehab...

tlc4.JPG
Look at this one. How does it make you feel? Makes me feel uncomfortable, which is what TLC wants. This is just cruel. Exploiting poor Joy's sadness for $$$.

tlc5.JPG
None of them are showing their "perfect IBLP keep sweet" usual smiles. All of them have a solemn, sad, and quite exhausted expression.

tlc8.JPG
All huddled together, trying to say "We are ALL victims, of Josh & the media, support us."

Freaky pics.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I think Duggar fatigue will ultimately doom this show. And Jill and Jessa, their lazy dullard husbands, and babies who can't yet talk just aren't very interesting.

Completely off the topic of the Duggar 's, but tangentially related did anyone here watch Ted Haggard Scandalous when it was on TLC? Makes you think TLC has a propensity for showcasing famous religious people trying to make a comeback.

"Healing from the past" is such a bullshit concept for them unless they're going to retract their previous statements that the molestation wasn't a big deal. The only thing they believe they need to "heal" from is the evil media being "mean" to them.

17 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Alright, I've had the time to analyze the new promotional pictures TLC has put out for the new show *vomit*. Has anyone noticed what TLC is doing? Look closely. Observe. The images, mostly are in black and white. Look at their faces. There is a sinister message being sold to the public here... Most of them are NOT doing the same "keep sweet show your teeth smile" they always do. Most of their faces look solemn, and most of the girls are huddled together. They even show a close up of Joy crying, with a tear dripping down her face. Now ask yourself, WHY would TLC choose to portray the Duggar girls in this way?
My opinion: They are portraying them as sad, victims. They hope that by doing so, the public will have sympathy for them and want to "support" them by watching the show. They also end them showing somewhat "happier" but have them all huddled together to look as if they are ALL being victimized by the media and Josh, hoping the public takes pity on them all. TLC WANTS to portray the Duggars as victims, but more also to portray them as "authentic" and "real" since they KNOW the Duggars are criticized for not being authentic.  This reeks of PR doing MAJOR image rehab...

tlc2.png
Look at this one. How does it make you feel? Sad? Good. It's what TLC wants. It makes me feel uncomfortable and sad for the Duggar girls. Why black and white? Why have them huddled together, eyes closed? To paint them as sad and victimized.

tlc3.JPG
Look at this picture. How does it make you feel? It should make you feel sad, that is what TLC wants. They are using this one to justify going forward with the series by portraying them as victims, abused by Josh and the media.  They hope the public will take pity and "support" them by tuning in. This reeks of  PR doing MAJOR image rehab...

tlc4.JPG
Look at this one. How does it make you feel? Makes me feel uncomfortable, which is what TLC wants. This is just cruel. Exploiting poor Joy's sadness for $$$.

tlc5.JPG
None of them are showing their *IBLP keep sweet* usual smiles. All of them have a solemn expression.

tlc8.JPG
All huddled together, trying to say "We are ALL victims, of Josh & the media, support us."

tlc6.JPG
Here is Jessa going, "Me me me! Everyone is around me. Everyone bow down to me and my beauty, while just sit pretty and rake in the $$$!"

Of course that's what TLC wants. They're a cable network, they're out to make a profit. And frankly the Duggars are not even close to the most disturbing reality show they proudly promote. So nothing they're doing surprises me at all.

4 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Of course that's what TLC wants. They're a cable network, they're out to make a profit. And frankly the Duggars are not even close to the most disturbing reality show they proudly promote. So nothing they're doing surprises me at all.

Disagree with you there. The Duggars are the worst show they promote by far. They are pimping out these girls that have been sexually abused and giving the Duggars a platform to sell the IBLP lifestyle to the public which, by the way, is currently being sued for sex abuse.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived