IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

About the houses...I don't understand at all why they bought 4 lots and built 4 houses! Why not purchase one lot and build a large 4 family house. Then taxes are only on one home and property. Makes absolutely no sense. Obviously they are "counting on" TLC's money. 

This is actually pretty standard as far as I know.  I mean, maybe having only one large lot would make sense, but separate houses is what I am familiar with and would expect.  I actually lived in a small place on an old polygamist compound it SLC for a bit.  There was a largish house with a mother-in-law apartment attached at the front of the property, then 4 smaller independent apartment/houses further back on the property.  For the polygamists I have known and/or learned about, someone expecting everyone to live in the same house would be similar to expecting me to live in a big house with my sisters and cousins and their families or something.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While they did live together in Lehi, zoning in Las Vegas would not allow that kind of structure.  Not to mention resale value for a structure that would have to be heavily remodeled would be terrible if they could possibly get approval.

About the houses...I don't understand at all why they bought 4 lots and built 4 houses! Why not purchase one lot and build a large 4 family house. Then taxes are only on one home and property. Makes absolutely no sense. Obviously they are "counting on" TLC's money. 

I can't be sure about the US, but here, when you want to buy in a particular subdivision, the blocks (lots) for sale are it. If they're carved up into single house blocks, then that's how you have to buy them as they all have separate titles attached. I guess you could by 2 next to each other, but as far as the local council etc was concerned they'd always be 2 blocks unless you went to the trouble of incurring god-knows-what in legal fees to combine them into one large one under one title.

Incidentally, in the estate I live in, they actually did have a few acre blocks for sale in a land release after we had already bought our block, but the were hellishly expensive.

Plus in new subdivisions there can be covenants over the blocks that limit what you can build on them. Ours had a covenant that all homes had to be brick, the homes had to be over 18sqm in size, and you had 18 months after the purchase of the land to commence building, otherwise, I think you incurred fines until you did (not certain on that last one).

Her use of the pictures is in a tiny corner of the internet.  The guys she posts are fairly attractive; it's entirely possible they are out there living their lives, completely unaware that she's using their images.  Jackie/Sam/identity-issues doesn't have any money for which to sue, so what would be the benefit of time in court?

pretty much what I was thinking, too. It's just weird that no one who might just happen to know those guys in real life has even said something...you know what I mean?  

This is actually pretty standard as far as I know.  I mean, maybe having only one large lot would make sense, but separate houses is what I am familiar with and would expect.  I actually lived in a small place on an old polygamist compound it SLC for a bit.  There was a largish house with a mother-in-law apartment attached at the front of the property, then 4 smaller independent apartment/houses further back on the property.  For the polygamists I have known and/or learned about, someone expecting everyone to live in the same house would be similar to expecting me to live in a big house with my sisters and cousins and their families or something.

well I mean more like a structure they had in UT, 4 houses in one. Separate dwelling but together. Surely they could have found a private lot outside of a subdivision? Maybe land in Vegas is different than what I'm used to;)

I always thought they should've just found a quadriplex or the like. There seemed to be plenty when I was in Vegas. I don't think it would've been a stretch to find a multi-family home that was already for sale.

That pic has the guy's ear pierced, doesn't it? I didn't see any ear piercings on Pretty Boy that I looked at. And none of the other pics Jackie has showed has any ear piercings either...

I always thought they should've just found a quadriplex or the like. There seemed to be plenty when I was in Vegas. I don't think it would've been a stretch to find a multi-family home that was already for sale.

I really doubt that it was for the reasons they said that they didn't build a quadriplex or buy one. I think it was probably because the wives couldn't actually stand to live together again. I don't think they're as close in real life as they appear on the show. 

I really doubt that it was for the reasons they said that they didn't build a quadriplex or buy one. I think it was probably because the wives couldn't actually stand to live together again. I don't think they're as close in real life as they appear on the show. 

...and they don't appear that close on the show, so that's saying something!

That's only 8 bedrooms total... if each wife had their own bedroom, that only leaves 4 for all the kids. That would be the problem with having something like that, I think. Most are not going to be more than 2-3 bedrooms per unit.

I see BatTroll is now blathering on again about adoption.  Conveniently, 'he' is saying his cousin's daughter is pregnant with twins and wants to give them up for adoption!  I have a bad feeling about BatDork going down this adoption storyline... I have a bad feeling Jackie is going to target prospective adoptive parents in the future and this is just a good way for her to research the world of adoption.  

I will go BERSERK if Jackie tries to do that. I was adopted and have stood by friends as they adopted and then mentored their children. I would willingly doggedly follow her to the end of the online earth to blow a hole in that bullshit...and I bet I wouldn't be the only one.

I wonder if Jackie has so many pictures of the same guy because she either hacked someone's phone/account or if she catfished a guy to get them.  Maybe he isn't stepping forward because he knows she has some compromising photos she might share. 

9 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I have a bad feeling Jackie is going to target prospective adoptive parents in the future and this is just a good way for her to research the world of adoption.  

Oh my goodness, that would be awful! What is WRONG with this lady?! Get your own life, Jackie and stop hurting people. 

9 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I will go BERSERK if Jackie tries to do that. I was adopted and have stood by friends as they adopted and then mentored their children. I would willingly doggedly follow her to the end of the online earth to blow a hole in that bullshit...and I bet I wouldn't be the only one.

I'm with you, Fundie Farmer.  I adopted my daughter.  I take adoption very seriously... if BatAssHole goes down this trail, she mocking all adoptive families (birth parents, adoptive parents and children) as far as I am concerned.  Even if this is just one of her many stories and she doesn't use the info for evil purposes, I am still going to be pissed and will join in the efforts of people online to bring her down once and for all.  

I am wondering if she and Meri talked about adopting a child together, and that is her motivation for now pretending she is going to adopt these twins that just happen to suddenly be available via her cousin's pregnant daughter?  Sort of a 'look what you missed out on' slap in the face to Meri?

I was adopted, too. Granted it was still within my biological family (my uncle and aunt adopted me) but to use family and especially adoption as a "story line" is so wrong it makes me angry. This is no joke. Kids' (and adults') lives get turned upside down (and enriched, of course)  by adoption. For her to just throw around with it like that....grr!!!! 

So there's this comment on the blog today:

We met Lindsey

December 8, 2015

We are in town from Arizona and met Lindsey tonight at the Mgm grand in Las Vegas. We both watch Sister Wives and couldn’t believe the story Meri was trying to tell. It didn’t make any sense. I have been reading this blog and was hoping to see Sam instead we saw Lindsey at our hotel. We talked at the bar with her and 3 other girls. She bought us shots and left us a bottle of champagne. She also threw $1000 into a crowd of people. How do I post pictures here to prove this?

SURE THING, JO.

I am CRACKING UP at this article. 

Apparently Sam flew to Paris right after the attacks, has finished his book that he hopes to release as an e-book before Christmas, and is going to use adoption to get over Meri. WOO. You go Sam. You do you, girl!

Now y'all, on my FJ wish list, I'm going to just slink that book to the very tippy-top and hope some fancy billionaire will get it for little ol' me.

http://starcasm.net/archives/336172

1 hour ago, Hairofthedog said:

So there's this comment on the blog today:

We met Lindsey

December 8, 2015

We are in town from Arizona and met Lindsey tonight at the Mgm grand in Las Vegas. We both watch Sister Wives and couldn’t believe the story Meri was trying to tell. It didn’t make any sense. I have been reading this blog and was hoping to see Sam instead we saw Lindsey at our hotel. We talked at the bar with her and 3 other girls. She bought us shots and left us a bottle of champagne. She also threw $1000 into a crowd of people. How do I post pictures here to prove this?

SURE THING, JO.

I'm going to go ahead and assume Jackie wrote this herself and that there is something very seriously wrong with her. Someone throwing $1000 isn't even believable. 

Jackie Overton writes like someone who has never been around anyone with money, and assumes everyone with it acts like Kanye West. She writes like a star-struck teenager penning a story about falling in love with a rich playboy. I've never met anyone who behaves like that, and we had some very wealthy kids at my college who ran the whole gamut. Jackie is very, very out of touch.

Geez, I can't believe Jackie is still going. I keep thinking this thread is dead, and then discover she's up to even weirder, wackier stuff. Adoption? What? That's so absurd. 

Do you all think TLC is done addressing this whole issue since they've done their tell-nothing, or do will it be a plot point for next season? 

19 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

Geez, I can't believe Jackie is still going. I keep thinking this thread is dead, and then discover she's up to even weirder, wackier stuff. Adoption? What? That's so absurd. 

Do you all think TLC is done addressing this whole issue since they've done their tell-nothing, or do will it be a plot point for next season? 

Dear God, I hope not. TLC, if any of your people read this, don't feed more into that imposter of a woman and give her that satisfaction! 

Oh, this is definitely a story arc for the next $eason - In many ways, this story is funding the next season, to be quite frank.  BatFish knows this and I think that's about 20% of why she is milking the story (the other 80% is for attention which, ultimately, seems to be her currency).  TLC would be stupid to not cash in on this and the Browns know it - they may not love it but they need the cash.  BatFish has laid out their financial situation - and the information provided the past seems to have proved to be correct - and they are desperate to continue filming, with their medical debts and high mortgages and interest rate changes they were not expecting.  

Honestly, it would not surprise me at all if the reason Meri was not fully honest in the "tell-all" was so there was some "meat" for the next season.  It's all a game.  On both sides.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived