IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

I've been giving it some thought. After Meri, Kody remarried twice. Neither of these upset Meri's status as special or most-loved wife. I wonder if that's why she was OK with Robyn at first. 

Then after Kody marries Robyn, Meri finds herself down the pecking order. That was not her plan!

I also wonder if she was much more connected to the family when they lived in Utah. It seemed like they often used her living room for family get-togethers. So they were all in and out during the day. Now in NV, I don't think they'd be much reason for anyone to hang out at her house. Christine and Janelle now have their own space that fit them and their kids. Add to that Mariah leaving - and you have a very isolated Meri. Ripe pickings for an amazing man who seems made of fairy tales and stardust. And instead was a giant wart-filled toad!

Everybody was more connected in Utah. Things went to heck in a handbasket after the move and Robyn.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember in the first season of the show, Meri and Kody go to a fancy restaurant for their anniversary. Meri is discussing her jealousy of Robyn and tries to explain it to Kody by saying imagine if I had another husband. Kody is repulsed by the idea and says the thought of her with another guy sickens him. He can't even talk about it. Now, 5 years later, Meri would be leaving Kody if Sam were real and Kody basically acts like...So what? What a different relationship they have now. 

I think that you're right- he is much more disconnected from Meri now. I also think that some of his minimizing of the catfish/Meri relationship is his denial. It would be a huge hit on his ego to admit that his wife was lusting and in love with another man. I admit that I listened to some of the voicemails and in a few of them, you can tell Meri is talking shit about Kody. While he's in denial, I don't think he's totally dumb. I think he realizes how far things went, but is presenting this strong front to the rest of the world to show that he (and the ~family) are unshakeable.

The Sobbing Sorceress and the Clever Queen

by Gee

Once upon a time there was a beautiful queen who fell in love with an immature prince.  The queen married the prince, and everything was as it should be.

But one day, the prince got into his head that because he had married a queen, he was now a King!  In fact, the Prince thought, he had ALWAYS been a king...a SPIRITUAL King...he just didn't know it until that moment!!

Flipping back his long hair, he went to the Queen his wife and told her that because he was a King now, he ought to have MORE than just the Queen.  He ought to have MORE wives!

Besotted with him as she was, the Queen agreed.  But the Queen was clever.  She made the Prince agree that SHE could choose the women he would marry.  Once he agreed, the Queen chose women that she KNEW the Prince would not find as beautiful as her (for the new women were rounder, and the Prince liked thin women).  She used her powers as queen to bully the new women into submission.

And for a time, all was well for the Queen and the Prince.  The Prince had his wives and many children, and the Queen had her Prince, of whom she was the favored and most beautiful wife. And they lived happily.

But it was not ever after.  For with time, the Queen's beauty began to fade and the Prince began to want a new, younger, prettier wife.  The Queen, still rather beautiful and sure of herself, decided to pick a wife as she had before.  But this time, the prince would not have a rounder woman.  He wanted someone he found to be beautiful.

But the Queen was clever here too.  She chose a beautiful woman, more beautiful than ANY of the wives including herself....but one who had a soiled past.  The Queen thought that the soiled past of the beautiful woman would prevent the Prince from ever respecting or loving her.  

But this woman was not a woman, but a sorceress.  And the sorceress bewitched her tears so that every time they fell, they were like a love potion that caused the Prince to fall more and more in love with her, forgetting all others.   With every imagined slight, and even sometimes when the situation wasn't even about her, the sorceress would cry.  She would cry and cry and cry, and with every tear, the Prince fell more in love until he forgot all about the Queen and his other wives.

The other wives, long used to neglect by the Prince and mean treatment from the Queen, did not see the addition of the sorceress as a disruption.  Their lives continued much as they ever had.  At first, the Queen appealed to them for warmth and friendship, but after years of living under this same Queen's cruel yoke and suffering many insults at her hand, the wives responded coldly.  

Lonely and deserted, the Queen wandered her gardens.  One day, she heard a man's voice whispering to her.  The voice said such sweet things, made such declarations of love, that the Queen was soon in love with the voice.  The voice begged the Queen to run away from the Prince and marry him!  And so the Queen agreed!  But before she did, she pulled back the curtain of vines the Voice hid behind to see....only a catfish in the mud.  Utterly broken, the Queen cried and cried and eventually her tears made a pond for the catfish to live in.  

THE END

@Georgiana - you are brilliant!!

@Georgiana Please turn that into a serialized story.  I would read every episode. 

It clearly needs a Kri'douche Gross to help the whole sex-n-the-castle more eew-ky. Once the reproduction chart and PMS snarks are added, the serial should sell like... oh. Don't forget King K'douche is short-ish and paunchy and "the Wizard of Awe" is 6'6", clean living, vegan and religiously "Catholic" in a New Age way. Can we also get a shout out for the purple cow and banana colored unicorns? K. Thnx. ;)

Meri said in the Tell Nothing (thanks to whoever coined that - so appropriate!) that the pictures he sent her were "of an actor." I'm assuming one of the photos she is referring to is the half-faced man?  I haven't seen much discussion anywhere about this photo's identification - anyone have any links?

Meri said in the Tell Nothing (thanks to whoever coined that - so appropriate!) that the pictures he sent her were "of an actor." I'm assuming one of the photos she is referring to is the half-faced man?  I haven't seen much discussion anywhere about this photo's identification - anyone have any links?

Not that I know of. A few of us were wondering about exactly that upthread; how come no one has come forward and claimed the picture as their own. It is kind of strange. I am curious, too as to who it is.

Someone mentioned that the photo she used is of this guy: http://data.whicdn.com/images/148571814/superthumb.jpg

His name is Nick Bateman, and he's a model. I'm not sure ... definitely similarities, but I'm not good enough with faces to tell if they're exactly the same.

I think THAT is the same person. The arch of the eyebrow, the prominent back jawbone structure, the shape and length of the nose.... And the fact that his name is Nick Bateman -- batman -- notbatmanyet... 

Survey says ---- YOU ARE THE PICTURE!

I wonder if he's been bombarded by people asking if this is his picture!

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 3.04.14 PM.png

superthumb.jpg

When you google him, I found tons of pics. Lots of selfies, and many of them show the house he is in has tan/beige walls with white door trims. I know that's super common nowadays, but it helps. I swear that has to be the same guy. I just spent half an hr going thru pics trying to find one that the catfish's profile pic could be cropped from, but Ive got a lingering migraine and can't stare at the screen too much. Im sure she didn't use the first one that came up because it would be too easy for someone to call her out on it. So Im trying to look for obscure ones. I will keep looking tho.

I wonder about the Bateman/Batman thing too -- although maybe the rest of the world isn't as focused on wordplay as I am...  but still...

Damn this guy has a ton of pics. Ive been thru his IG, his GF's IG, google, his facebook clear back to 2011... I guess there is a slim chance that it really isn't him...

Damn this guy has a ton of pics. Ive been thru his IG, his GF's IG, google, his facebook clear back to 2011... I guess there is a slim chance that it really isn't him...

Yeah, I'm not sure it's him. He just doesn't look the same to me. The half-face man has wider eyes. I think it might be photoshopped, otherwise I feel like between us, previously tv, Cynical Jinx's living room and All About the Tea, SOMEONE would have figured out who it is by now. 

I too would leave Kody for Nick Bateman. 

Ditto. I am also so relieved that the kids don't seem interested in their parents' path. However, I wonder if the parents are giving them more options because they know that pushing your kids into polygamy is one of the big things that makes it unpaletable to mainstream viewers.

I've been reading this thread for so long! I finally recovered my password so i can weigh in on the bateman photo thing. I was looking thru his twitter and found a photo where he has the exact same expression as sam... I'm still not sure the photo is his but they are so similar, and the bateman/batman thing... 

I'm thinking maybe JO got an older picture? Looks can change a little right? 

image.jpg

Hmm. Has possibilities, @Hairofthedog!  It could be the same guy. It makes me think of the Fugitive: 'Find this man!'

Why the hell hasn't he come forward??

He probably does not even know. It's not like this is a massive, major news story.

It doesn't look like the same guy to me, and based on Bateman's concern about his social media presence, I'm pretty sure that he would manage this situation.  He is "famous" because of his own postings on Instagram and other social media.  Also, the batboy isn't as cute and has a lot darker circles under his eyes....  It does seem so odd that the person hasn't been outed! 

I keep coming back to this. Look at the nose. It curves to the right of his face (left in the pic) towards the tip. If you look at Catfish's profile pic, the nose is a bit crooked at the end. You can tell because of the edge of the pic.

Gah! This is driving me nuts.

It could be this guy photoshopped a little or mixed with someone else, so that it looks like him but not truly enough like him to say for sure it's him. 

So many great points have been brought up in this thread! I wish Kody put as much thought into his wives as we all do, they'd all be so much happier.  

I do wonder how Meri wasn't more questioning about some young stud being interested in her? Not to be mean, but come on, even if he had been real, a younger, attractive millionaire being interested in a reality show polygamist should have set off an entire set of warning bells in her head. I also wonder if she had something going on with one of the guys from Van Lady Love, she was obsessed with that band for a while. Anyway, I wish Meri had met a real man and run off into the sunset, she appears so unhappy all the time. 

So many great points have been brought up in this thread! I wish Kody put as much thought into his wives as we all do, they'd all be so much happier.  

I do wonder how Meri wasn't more questioning about some young stud being interested in her? Not to be mean, but come on, even if he had been real, a younger, attractive millionaire being interested in a reality show polygamist should have set off an entire set of warning bells in her head. I also wonder if she had something going on with one of the guys from Van Lady Love, she was obsessed with that band for a while. Anyway, I wish Meri had met a real man and run off into the sunset, she appears so unhappy all the time. 

FWIW, I wanted the Batman to be real. As mean as Meri is, she's also the victim of her own upbringing. She didn't know people could be happy and live a godly life in a monogamous relationship. The polygamist mindset is the direct opposite of the Evangelical "waiting and forever staying with the one that god has for you". I feel sorry for her that she trapped herself in polygamy. One could say you reap what you sow, but as a supporter of women I say that Meri did not deserve to get duped like that. The catfish stinks so much, I don't even mind the SW's spinning the story their way. Meri has enough to deal with, with Kodouche's hurt ego and all that. If sugarcoating the catfish incident helps her to save her face, then more power to her. I don't care about the catfish anyway. 

Not sure if this has been posted- this blog, entitled "Jackie Overton is a Catfish" has much of the Nick O'Connor info on it but also a lot of the Twitter screencaps and, if you are familiar with some of the websites "Sam" have said are his (like ".soultolife.com") it makes some more connections to Jackie/Jaxon. Interesting reading, also about some do the other characters Jackie has created. http://www.jackieovertonisacatfish.weebly.com

editing bc I don't know why link not working..... Hmmmm

I don't think it's Bateman because of the EARS. I also think it could be a composite of 2 people. The ears on notbatmanyet are pretty unusual. Confession: I have a deaf son. I look a lot at ears.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived