IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

Just now, littlemommy said:

I gave up my marriage and they gave me a necklace.

At least it wasn't one of those god-awful sister wive's closet necklaces. :my_confused:

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Georgiana said:

Words cannot express how much I want to see an episode where Sobyn breaks into tears...and the other 3 wives are finally free to not give a single fuck.

Bonus points if they tell her to knock off her crying crap and handle her emotions like a goddamn adult.  

I fully expect Janelle to look exactly like your avatar in that case. :my_biggrin:

26 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

The Browns have always put almost everything in the names of the wives.  This has worked well for them in the past, allowing them to shuffle debt/resources around, but this may come back to bite Kody.

Without legal or de facto marriages that would be recognized by the state, Kody doesn't have the right to claim any portion of the assets that are in the women's names.  Which means they can walk with everything.   And, of course, this doesn't factor into child support, which is between the child and the father, so Kody is still on the hook for that.

Sobyn better get a job now that there are no other working women to support her.  

According to the Bat Dork, Kody has the bulk of the money and the wives are given a stipend (I think it was something like $5k a month) to live off off.  So basically, Kody makes out financially regardless if they stay or go.  

What would be classic is if a.) the three original wives leave and b.) Kody takes on another younger wife or two.  Robyn would probably have a nervous breakdown!  

On December 16, 2015 at 5:56 PM, amandaaries said:

Agree about cats being more articulate than the Duggars. :kitty: Pretty sure I also have an aloe vera plant which has more interesting topics to converse about than they do, too.  

By "impressive," I meant that they are definitely more involved in the world and will do as the bolded states: be wonderful people who provide real value to the world.  I think that's success for a lot of parents, except the tiger parent sets. I would like my daughter to grow up, be happy, and make positive contributions to the world; she doesn't have to cure cancer to win my love or make me proud (but if she wanted to do that, I'd support her).  She does have to know herself, her mind, and her goals, though, for me to truly feel like she's reached adulthood (we've got years to go there -- the teenage years loom ahead).  Compared to a lot of the fundie families out there, the Browns show a lot more progress.

For the Browns, the adult-teens are leaving the house, going to college, and setting goals for themselves.  They speak up and back to their parents. They express themselves.  They show aspects of rebellion and the development of individuality.  They can focus on the positives about their upbringings while not wanting plural marriage for themselves, and we don't see the parents pushing them to follow their lives exactly (note: we don't see, and I still imagine there's some more behind the scene pressure).  I wasn't expecting them to come out and bash their parents online.  We've seen the problems in their households, but a lot of that makes the kids seem more normal.  What's unfortunate is that we also see the squabbling and jealousies amongst the moms -- which makes an abnormal situation even worse.  To see the kids doing normal things and heading into real life on their own, given the jealousies, resource issues, and in-fighting amongst the moms and their completely narcissistic father, does make them impressive to me. 

.        Would that also make them responsible for the debt they may all have too? I would worry about the mortgage and upkeep of those homes. I wonder how hard they would be to sell. What an ugly mess with all those kids too.

19 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

What would be classic is if a.) the three original wives leave and b.) Kody takes on another younger wife or two.  Robyn would probably have a nervous breakdown!  

This. Please this. Robin wanted first wife status,  then how she would handle being the only older one and having younger shiny new wives as 2-4. I would watch that show!

Article came out in InTouch saying FBI is investigating BatDork for credit card fraud. It seems that the blog is not accessible (at least for me) last night and today. The "book" was supposed to come out before Christmas for those that preordered. Sounds like this tangled web may be starting to unravel.

45 minutes ago, bionicmlle said:

Article came out in InTouch saying FBI is investigating BatDork for credit card fraud. It seems that the blog is not accessible (at least for me) last night and today. The "book" was supposed to come out before Christmas for those that preordered. Sounds like this tangled web may be starting to unravel.

I'm still able to access Batdork's page. I wonder if it will be up much longer, though. That's very interesting. I hope that JO finally has to face the music. 

3 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

This. Please this. Robin wanted first wife status,  then how she would handle being the only older one and having younger shiny new wives as 2-4. I would watch that show!

I would watch that show, too. Religiously.:irony:

33 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

I'm still able to access Batdork's page. I wonder if it will be up much longer, though. That's very interesting. I hope that JO finally has to face the music. 

I can see it, too. What is the deal with the post today with screenshots of Facebook messages? Based on the content it seems like the conversation was definitely between Meri and some 3rd party that isn't "Sam" -- not that I think it's necessarily legitimate. 

Ugh. I logged onto Twitter for the first time in months today, and remembered I followed all of the Browns at the height of the Batdork ordeal earlier this year.

As soon as I logged in Donald Trump came up on my main page as a "you might also like..." Type thing. Why? Because Kody Brown is a Trump follower. 

Of course he is. Ugh. :my_sick:

Might be time to unfollow the Browns if Trump is being suggested to me.

I am weirdly fascinated with this story and fell down the rabbit hole on both this thread and notbatmanyet.com (be forewarned in reading some of the comments on her blog - it seems she really looks at who is visiting her.  in a creepy "i know where you live" kind of way)  anyhoo, she posted the first page of this fake book she is writing.  i was blown away at the gramar and believe me mine is atrocious.  for me to notice it must be pretty bad.  in order to save you a potentially harmful visit to the blog - i've tried to copy and paste it here:

First page of my book Almost Meri’ed

January 3, 2016 | Filed under: Book

ebookcover1

Chapter 1
How did this happen to me?

I had an affair with a married reality tv star. I know, it shocked me too. I wasn’t looking for it to happen. It sort of just…happened. The affair lasted from March 1st 2015 until August 30th, 2015 and came with a whole lot of baggage afterwards. Somethings I can forgive easily because now I understand the reasons and the lies. But as it is happening, you just get really confused and sad. The things I can’t forgive are for me to deal with privately. And I’m trying. It was fun and exciting. We had a lot of fun. We laughed all of the time. I wish that was an exaggeration, it might make it easier to walk away from her. But the truth is we laughed a lot. Almost daily.

What on Earth could I possibly have in common with a polygamist? I didn’t think anything at all. But as time went on I found out we had a lot of things in common. Maybe too many things. We seemed to share common experiences with pain and suffering. We both were traumatized in our childhoods by abuse, low self-esteem, and insecurities. I’m Catholic. Even dating a former polygamist was so far out of my range I didn’t consider it a possibility. Religiously and morally I know it’s wrong to engage in an affair. It’s something that we talk about openly in Church. Temptation, the devil, lust, self-serving us into situations we are supposed to fight against. But love. Love just takes over your head and your heart. Next thing you know you surrender and you are in so deep you don’t want it to end. That’s what happened to me. I can only speak from my experiences with her. I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I found out within  a few days this wasn’t going to be a normal friendship.

What I found was a beautiful woman who had big dreams and hopes that were slowly dying. One day at a time she was losing herself. Losing what she fought so hard for. And what she told me early on was things were not at all what they seem to be. I thought she was a happily married woman with a strong sense of family. At least one of those was right. And it wasn’t the first one. Within the first day of us talking she started to confide in me of how things had been going. It was really sad.

Maybe I was trying to save her. Maybe I was trying to save myself. I don’t really know. I know looking back now it was going to be interesting. And that’s the excitement for me in relationships. I don’t date normal girls. I prefer the ones that challenge me, make me think and be a better man. And she was offering all 3.

I wish I had never met her. I wish this never happened. Loving her was the best feeling I had ever felt before. It was magic. It meant the world to me and I did everything I could to keep us together. Until it had definitively ended. Then I walked away. And I never looked back. There was nothing there for me to go back to. She made her choice, I made mine. And it ended as quickly as it began. One day I woke up and she was in my life. The next, she was gone. Yet not gone because the tabloids and tv made sure of that. A constant reminder she was still out there somewhere and not with me anymore. Do you know how hard that is to live your life knowing the one person you love more than anything is just a few blocks away? It’s torture. I moved back to Chicago as soon as I could. I had to. I couldn’t live that close to her anymore. It was too hard.

I will do my best to explain from my perspective on what happened. I’m going to name names and tell my truth. This is not a tell all book. It’s a love story. It’s my love story with Meri Brown from Sister Wives.

I still can’t believe I’m saying that. So here we go.

On 12/30/2015 at 11:01 AM, FundieFarmer said:

As I understand it, if the wives leave, Kody gets to decide if they join him in his heaven planet.

Close enough. It is all so very wack.

I thought kody's name was on Meri's house. I am guessing that his name has not come off it. I would assume that both their names are still on the mortgage. The other wives only had their names on their houses. Realistically, the show will end in a few years. Then what? They do not make enough non-reality show money to pay one mortgage, let alone three. How would they pay for anything? I can't see them being able to sell all those homes and even break even. 

As for the sample of "Sam's" book, as an allegedly well-educated millionaire, "he" is a shitty writer. It makes a bad harlequin romance look like a Nobel Prize winner.

Welp, I'm convinced. Take my money, Samuel Jacob Cooper!  :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:  (This bacon was the closest thing I could find to a money icon. Just as good, right? :pb_lol:)

13 hours ago, MakeItSo said:

cute, she hired a grade 5er to do the "artwork" for the book cover. 

And a 6th grader to do the writing...

Interesting how this is playing out like a real life version of "Big Love". Basically if Kody ran off with Robyn (I think he's an idiot but probably doesn't need to be gunned down in the street like Bill Paxton) tlc would make a show of janelle and Christine banding together, maybe recombining their homes, with janelle going out and being the money earner and janelle being the SAHM. I'm not completely convinced they wouldn't wait until the kids left the house and then stay very discrete lesbians. Meri would probably run off, sell that stupid, giant house, probably move to SLC to be near her daughter, be her own person for once in her life. Robyn would want kody to get more wives because she loves drama and more wives = more drama, but they would end up being younger and cuter, and she's headed toward the end of her repro years so she would turn vile and bitter. Kody would stay a clueless idiot. I would LOVE that show

33 minutes ago, Mrsaztx said:

Interesting how this is playing out like a real life version of "Big Love". Basically if Kody ran off with Robyn (I think he's an idiot but probably doesn't need to be gunned down in the street like Bill Paxton) tlc would make a show of janelle and Christine banding together, maybe recombining their homes, with janelle going out and being the money earner and janelle being the SAHM. I'm not completely convinced they wouldn't wait until the kids left the house and then stay very discrete lesbians. Meri would probably run off, sell that stupid, giant house, probably move to SLC to be near her daughter, be her own person for once in her life. Robyn would want kody to get more wives because she loves drama and more wives = more drama, but they would end up being younger and cuter, and she's headed toward the end of her repro years so she would turn vile and bitter. Kody would stay a clueless idiot. I would LOVE that show

I'd watch!

I can not stop watching this fiasco. I wonder if the book will ever materialize? I kind of think it will not because she is promising pictures and there just aren't any of Sam and Meri. I predict some sort of drama will ensue and she will decide not to publish the stupid book but it will be interesting to see how long she drags It out before she announces it ain't happening.  It is interesting to note that as awful as the preview is there is not one single unfavorable review about it on her blog, only her alter egos and possibly a troll or two gasping about how great it is.  I wrote a polite but unfavorable opinion about it a few days ago  and she didn't publish the comment. 

I would be amazed if she has written anything more than those 5 pages anyway. This woman is a serious freak and I can't wait to see what her next move is.

She also published a very long post about a troll that was trying to trick Sam but Lindsay figured her out just so fast . The troll's communications are ridiculous and a monkey could have figured it out. Anyway, she published her response to the troll and told her that she was going to hell for being deceptive or something like that. It was hilarious. What a piece of work.

9 hours ago, withaj said:

She is just totally out of touch with reality, isn't she? Ugh. Isn't Baby Brown due soon too?

She was due on the 7th.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived