IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

7 hours ago, bionicmlle said:

Oh, this is definitely a story arc for the next $eason - In many ways, this story is funding the next season, to be quite frank.  BatFish knows this and I think that's about 20% of why she is milking the story (the other 80% is for attention which, ultimately, seems to be her currency).  TLC would be stupid to not cash in on this and the Browns know it - they may not love it but they need the cash.  BatFish has laid out their financial situation - and the information provided the past seems to have proved to be correct - and they are desperate to continue filming, with their medical debts and high mortgages and interest rate changes they were not expecting.  

Honestly, it would not surprise me at all if the reason Meri was not fully honest in the "tell-all" was so there was some "meat" for the next season.  It's all a game.  On both sides.

I agree with all of the above.

Personally, I'm now bored with BatDork.  If she wants to stick it to Meri and TLC, she needs to release everything she has (especially the juicy TLC-related stuff!) just before the next season airs.  And then sit back and watch the manic re-editing each week as TLC tries to save face.  As much as I dislike BatTroll, I must admit that I'd love to see TLC and the Browns exposed for the frauds they are.  

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

Just imagine how mad Robyn will be if Meri's story is the focus of the season and not her 2nd pregnancy.....

Robyn will have to soothe herself by inserting herself into every one of Meri's interview moments. "I thought it was strange!" "I noticed it!" "I MADE her tell me!" "I was a part of this!" "Don't forget me!" "Meri stepped aside for MY kids!" 

49 minutes ago, TXGirlInAMaterialWorld said:

Just imagine how mad Robyn will be if Meri's story is the focus of the season and not her 2nd pregnancy.....

Queen Sobbyn will NOT be amused, that's for sure.

37 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Robyn will have to soothe herself by inserting herself into every one of Meri's interview moments. "I thought it was strange!" "I noticed it!" "I MADE her tell me!" "I was a part of this!" "Don't forget me!" "Meri stepped aside for MY kids!" 

It's absolutely fascinating how Sobbyn always manages to make herself the victim of any given situation. She is always the one we are supposed to feel sorry for. Just a beauty of a martyr. If she had her own line of shirts it would say "I do it for the family".

Oh Sobbyn, you stupid homewrecker.... More seriously, though, I wonder if they were happy ever. After things settled with all the first 3, but before sobbyn, was there ever happiness? Or just a less dramatic complacency?

10 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

For crying out loud, he's "writing a book" and its title is "Almost Meri'd".

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.notbatmanyet.com/?p=2330

Ridiculous. Also, totally bullshit about the publisher. She's having preorders placed through PayPal for chrissake. That is not how one distributes ebooks.

Admittedly I have not followed this story as deeply as I should have since I love all things crazy Sister Wives. I am confused. Isn't "Sam" supposed to be a hot millionaire? Why would he be looking for love online and with Meri? Why would he be writing an ebook and selling it  on this blog instead of Amazon? Wouldn't a real millionaire write a hardback book? Wouldn't a real successful man be embarrassed by this "relationship" with Meri? On the blog post he talks about having a conversation with twenty friends by group text about the titled of his book "Almost Meri'ed". Are we supposed to believe he has 20 friends that think it is a great idea to publish this book? So many questions. 

2 hours ago, socalrules said:

Admittedly I have not followed this story as deeply as I should have since I love all things crazy Sister Wives. I am confused. Isn't "Sam" supposed to be a hot millionaire? Why would he be looking for love online and with Meri? Why would he be writing an ebook and selling it  on this blog instead of Amazon? Wouldn't a real millionaire write a hardback book? Wouldn't a real successful man be embarrassed by this "relationship" with Meri? On the blog post he talks about having a conversation with twenty friends by group text about the titled of his book "Almost Meri'ed". Are we supposed to believe he has 20 friends that think it is a great idea to publish this book? So many questions. 

I think JO is so lacking in social skills that she has no idea this doesn't sound plausible at all. 

I've been bored with BatDork lately, but as always J.O. has livened things up again.  She posted what is supposedly screenshots between a conversation Meri and Kendra had recently.  The whole Kendra connection to this has been strange from the get-go (as has the batDouche's Robin-love).  But anyway... assuming those messages are legit, I sort of have to chuckle.  For all her many (MANY!) flaws, the BatJoker has done more to expose the fraud that is the Brown's 'happy' cult and TLC than anyone else has managed to do in the last 5 years.  Perhaps that is J.O.'s one and only redeeming quality.

Also amusing is reading the comments - all fake persona's the BatDork has made up that chat amongst themselves and attack those that are exposing J.O.  That woman is delusional if she thinks anyone is buying it.

Bahahaha! @Queen Of Hearts I was just coming to bump up this thread!

But, I was going to talk about how J.O. has a paypal set up for "Sam's e-book." Cynical Jinx pointed out that the order form asks for your address, phone number, and a bunch of information that doesn't seem necessary to purchase an e-book. Certainly not information I'd want to give to this catfish. I haven't gone over to Sam's blog in a couple weeks, so thanks for pointing out those Kendra messages. That's interesting. They certainly look more real than the other screenshots, JO posted, but I don't doubt that she would try to up her game to prove something to the "haters" :roll:

Yeah, there's no way those comments are from real people. Does Jackie have a job???

Edited to ask: Is Kendra still active on the Sister Wives facebook? I thought Robyn chose a new bestie and Kendra was AWOL. 

I was using my company Paypal business account and found out from Shelly…..don’t ever do that. So we took that one down.

Then I was using a brand new personal paypal account for the ebook pre-orders and found out from Lindsay….don’t ever do that. So we took that one down.

3 for 3? I had a total stranger that I had been talking to about all of this headache with Paypal help me set up a brand new business account solely for the ebook sales.

Honestly JO, you suck at selling this whole billionaire businessman thing. Nobody is a billionaire who is dumb enough to "mistakenly misuse" a corporate account and causing a nightmare headache for your (imaginary) corporate accountants. 

Has any of you seen this video? I think those kids' education away from a SOTDRT really shows. Mykelti and Aspyn sound very mature. Mykelti is very honest, direct, almost blunt and I enjoy how she doesn't let others dictate her life and what she has to say. 

ETA: Aspyn saying that "it's inevitable that sisters fight" and that she and Mykelti fought a lot when they were younger, was really a refreshing thing to hear. I might sound like a leghumper, but I really am not. I just appreciate that in many ways, the SW kids set themselves apart from other fundie kids and chidults. They're mature, outspoken. They rebel, they find their own path and they show real emotion. 

I actually believe them that their best friends are among their sibling fold. By fighting, liking, disliking, working out issues etc. they can find a real basis for genuine "through thick and thin" friendships; unlike e.g. the Duggar kids who are basically just fellow sufferers.

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

Has any of you seen this video? I think those kids' education away from a SOTDRT really shows. Mykelti and Aspyn sound very mature. Mykelti is very honest, direct, almost blunt and I enjoy how she doesn't let others dictate her life and what she has to say. 

Such a staggering difference between Aspyn and Mykelti's articulate responses and the collective dullness of the Duggars.  It's amazing to see what education and social engagement (rather than hiding from the secular world) can do.  The Brown kids are an impressive bunch, despite their father and probably because of their mothers.  

This was posted on the comments of CJ's living room too, and I got a couple laughs out of it:  http://www.ibtimes.com/sister-wives-holiday-gift-guide-celebrate-christmas-11-perfect-presents-my-2224864

It's pretty funny that they're selling Van Lady Love CDs on their Sister Wives Closet website. And I'm pretty sure I've seen those holly earrings available from China for 99 cents. This family never stops being snark-worthy. 

1 hour ago, Pretzel said:

I actually believe them that their best friends are among their sibling fold. By fighting, liking, disliking, working out issues etc. they can find a real basis for genuine "through thick and thin" friendships; unlike e.g. the Duggar kids who are basically just fellow sufferers.

Less enmeshing among the Browns, and group emotions not required. Not a cult. although I wouldn't want to be in this family either.

I agree with some of the above posts. The SW kids have always seemed like they were all individuals. As it should be in a family of that many. There is no way every single one of the siblings ends up a cookie cutter version of each other (except of course the boy and girl personalities have to be distinct) like the Duggars have been trying to train their children to be...please note that I use "train" with a big eyeroll and sigh. 

5 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Such a staggering difference between Aspyn and Mykelti's articulate responses and the collective dullness of the Duggars.  It's amazing to see what education and social engagement (rather than hiding from the secular world) can do.  The Brown kids are an impressive bunch, despite their father and probably because of their mothers.  

I couldn't watch the whole thing, but her saying what a blessing it was to show her faith in a positive light makes me wonder if she ever has seen this show. We have seen almost nothing about the faith they follow and before the show I thought this could be interesting to see how it works. Christine as a SAHM Janelle and Meri working......cooperating with ech other........ . Nope to all of that- they are all miserable and whiny and selfish.

I don't know if I would say the Brown kids are impressive. I don't think badly of them or anything, I just don't see them as any better than many other teens I know. I don't see them tearing up the world doing great things. None of them seem extraordinarily smart or talented. 

7 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I couldn't watch the whole thing, but her saying what a blessing it was to show her faith in a positive light makes me wonder if she ever has seen this show. We have seen almost nothing about the faith they follow and before the show I thought this could be interesting to see how it works. Christine as a SAHM Janelle and Meri working......cooperating with ech other........ . Nope to all of that- they are all miserable and whiny and selfish.

I don't know if I would say the Brown kids are impressive. I don't think badly of them or anything, I just don't see them as any better than many other teens I know. I don't see them tearing up the world doing great things. None of them seem extraordinarily smart or talented. 

I'm with you.  I think the Browns are incredibly normal.  Sure they seem great next to the Duggars, but honestly, my cat is more articulate than the elder Duggar kids.  

I mean, it's great.  I think they'll go on to be wonderful people who provide real value to the world (unlike the elder Duggars (minus JD) who provide little and seem to be constantly consuming the resources of others).  But I don't find them to be impressively articulate or above average.  

I think where the Brown kids get some credit (at least from me) is that they say that they get to make up their own minds about things and actually do it (most notably, most of them don't want a plural marriage.)  Until Vegas, their lives were pretty sheltered (not to Duggar or Maxwell level, but vs. other kids), then they had cameras shoved in their face, so considering the specific situation, they seem mature and well adjusted (like most other people their age.) 

I would have fully expected the Brown kids (the ones I "met" in season one) to grow up and "want" everything their parents want.  It's nice to see them making their own decisions (unlike the Duggar kids, who are allowed to make their own courtship rules until someone holds a hand to pray or hugs at the airport -- then it's all "I made a mistake -- I didn't really want that.") 

37 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

I'm with you.  I think the Browns are incredibly normal.  Sure they seem great next to the Duggars, but honestly, my cat is more articulate than the elder Duggar kids.  

I mean, it's great.  I think they'll go on to be wonderful people who provide real value to the world (unlike the elder Duggars (minus JD) who provide little and seem to be constantly consuming the resources of others).  But I don't find them to be impressively articulate or above average.  

Agree about cats being more articulate than the Duggars. :kitty: Pretty sure I also have an aloe vera plant which has more interesting topics to converse about than they do, too.  

By "impressive," I meant that they are definitely more involved in the world and will do as the bolded states: be wonderful people who provide real value to the world.  I think that's success for a lot of parents, except the tiger parent sets. I would like my daughter to grow up, be happy, and make positive contributions to the world; she doesn't have to cure cancer to win my love or make me proud (but if she wanted to do that, I'd support her).  She does have to know herself, her mind, and her goals, though, for me to truly feel like she's reached adulthood (we've got years to go there -- the teenage years loom ahead).  Compared to a lot of the fundie families out there, the Browns show a lot more progress.

For the Browns, the adult-teens are leaving the house, going to college, and setting goals for themselves.  They speak up and back to their parents. They express themselves.  They show aspects of rebellion and the development of individuality.  They can focus on the positives about their upbringings while not wanting plural marriage for themselves, and we don't see the parents pushing them to follow their lives exactly (note: we don't see, and I still imagine there's some more behind the scene pressure).  I wasn't expecting them to come out and bash their parents online.  We've seen the problems in their households, but a lot of that makes the kids seem more normal.  What's unfortunate is that we also see the squabbling and jealousies amongst the moms -- which makes an abnormal situation even worse.  To see the kids doing normal things and heading into real life on their own, given the jealousies, resource issues, and in-fighting amongst the moms and their completely narcissistic father, does make them impressive to me. 

It is telling how much of a difference going to a real school and getting some exposure outside the family makes on their basic language skills and presentation. At least the Duggars pretend to home school (and live in an actual home). Imagine what the Naugler's children will sound like as young adults.

428 pre-orders for the "book", and has used several different paypal addresses. And a new relationship! I wonder what the new lover thinks of "Sam's" pining over Meri and writing a book and secret blog posts (that apparently no one else can see)?

ETA: Scratch that, now "he" says they're up to almost 1k preorders....hahahahahaha!

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived