IGNORED

Sisterwives Part 2 - Things Get Complicated

And because Ive been sucked down the black hole on twitter, where is this supposed Interview that "Sam" gave, and where is the "proof" that someone on twitter (CozyCoasters) says she has that is "Sam" saying "Sam" doesn't exist? I keep googling and looking, but get nothing...

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh. The fallout will be fascinating if this is all legit. I was particularly caught by the line that the FBI is supposedly investigating the catfish, though that was only mentioned in one article. Does the FBI even investigate this sort of thing? Wouldn't she have to have committed some kind of financial fraud or something to get their attention?

I kind of doubt that Kody is looking for a fifth wife, though the bad side of me will be having a schadenfreude cocktail party over Robyn's reaction if he does. I just hope it's not someone TOO young. :pb_confused:

ETA: I'm a serial courter! :dramallama-nanner: I thought I was going to be partaking of hell's cocktail forever.

I could see Kody going after a 5th wife if the others are really planning on leaving. Robyn needs her sisterwives and didn't Kody say you add a wife when there's trouble to even things out (or something similar)?

Robyn may SAY she wants sister wives,  but I  strongly suspect that she only wants them if she thinks they're older,  fatter , and in no way going to challenge her status as the trophy wife.  

BUUUTTTT time's  a-ticking and Kody seems like he has a short attention span. 

Are we going to start a Robyn baby-watch thread? She's due in 2 weeks. Given that we know its a girl I'm expecting a tryndy name like Kenydy or Harper.

ummm did Snobbin really get an artist to do a composite portrait of a young Kody and her 3 oldest children?!? talk about wanting to erase the past and just insert Kody as the only father they have. Its creepy and wrong In my opinion. 

Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 11.00.40 AM.png

1 hour ago, LovelyLuna said:

ummm did Snobbin really get an artist to do a composite portrait of a young Kody and her 3 oldest children?!? talk about wanting to erase the past and just insert Kody as the only father they have. Its creepy and wrong In my opinion. 

This was part of an episode in the show.  She presented it to him at the party celebrating the kids' adoption.  That was also the episode where Meri was trying hard to muster up a smile when the kids gave her a necklace for giving up her first wife status.  

On 12/26/2015 at 9:57 PM, Bethella said:

Are we going to start a Robyn baby-watch thread? She's due in 2 weeks. Given that we know its a girl I'm expecting a tryndy name like Kenydy or Harper.

Hahrpyr. FTFY!

On 12/26/2015 at 11:04 AM, LovelyLuna said:

This was a shudder-worthy picture the first time it made its rounds on this thread, but for some reason I just now noticed the creepy thumbs-up the kid is giving. "You're banging my Momma! And just re-wrote my Daddy history through this drawing? Right on!" :pb_rollseyes:

On 12/26/2015 at 0:57 AM, Bethella said:

I'm expecting a family name either as the first or middle name. As I recall, their child together Solomon, is named Solomon Kody after an ancestor  however many Grandfather's back of Robyn's that stood up for Polygamy 200ish years ago (er, something to that see SW episode where they travel to Nauvoo, Illinois) and the Daddy of all Daddies, Kody.
Aurora, Robyn share the same middle name, Alice. I suspect to honor Robyn's (birth) Mother, Alice whom she claims she got her tearful trait from. I'm not sure how crying is hereditary however, whadda I know.
:pb_rollseyes:

The rumor sites online and suspecting the future daughter will have Meri somewhere thrown in there to honor Meri for, ya know, makin' everything happen.
But, I'm going with a family name of some sort thrown in there somewhere.

I can't decide if I feel worse for Robins kids and the rewriting of their whole lives, or all of Kody's other abandoned children. You could make the case that they are better off without him...

3 hours ago, Tootsie McSassafrass said:

Aurora, Robyn share the same middle name, Alice. I suspect to honor Robyn's (birth) Mother, Alice whom she claims she got her tearful trait from. I'm not sure how crying is hereditary however, whadda I know. :pb_rollseyes:

It's totally a family trait on my mom's side of the family! All the women in the family (and it's a large family -- our Thanksgivings often have 50+ people) cry very easily. They always cry at movies, and one of my aunts once even cried at a Flintstones episode. My cousins laughed at their moms for crying easily but then they turned out the exact same way once they hit adulthood. At family gatherings there's always someone crying because unless it's something funny they can't tell a story without crying and when one starts crying the others will cry too even if they don't know why. They're just very emotional and empathetic, which can be a really good quality. Even the men are generally more emotional than most men. My mom only has one brother but he cries more easily than his wife does.

So far I'm the only adult woman not to have inherited that trait, but I also have a very similar personality to my dad, and his side of the family is very quiet and reserved, pretty much the opposite of my mom's family. They have a very dry sense of humor and rarely even laugh out loud.

Anyway, that was a long string of anecdata to say that I do think personality traits like that can be inherited. :pb_lol:

I agree.  Unfortunately I took after my mom's side of the family and tear up really, really easily.  Just like her and all of her sisters.

I have to give credit to the artist of this history-re-writing prop. It is so well done! DaytonAuroraBriana are so cute! 

On 12/24/2015 at 1:37 PM, purple_summer said:

I could see Kody going after a 5th wife if the others are really planning on leaving. Robyn needs her sisterwives and didn't Kody say you add a wife when there's trouble to even things out (or something similar)?

Isnt their marriage eternal?  How does that work if they leave? Do the women remain bonded together for all eternity but Kody is left out in the cold, or is there a fundamentalist mormon version of an annulment?

On 12/21/2015 at 7:45 PM, FlamingFundie said:

And because Ive been sucked down the black hole on twitter, where is this supposed Interview that "Sam" gave, and where is the "proof" that someone on twitter (CozyCoasters) says she has that is "Sam" saying "Sam" doesn't exist? I keep googling and looking, but get nothing...

I believe CozyCoasters was basically making fun of "Sam" claiming there was an interview but no one else can see it.  She made up all kinds of funny things about "Sam" and there is nothing "Sam" can do about it - sort of like what "Sam" does with his victims.  Just giving the catfish a taste of her own medicine. 

If three of the wives leave- oh that would be so good.  I think it would be quite fitting for Robyn to wind up with Kody all to herself.  I think within a month or two they wouldn't be able to stand the sight of each other. 

Man, I hope that Meri, Christine and Janelle are actually considering leaving. They deserve better treatment.

When is this show due to come back for season 7? 

21 minutes ago, FundieFarmer said:

As I understand it, if the wives leave, Kody gets to decide if they join him in his heaven planet.

Whats the deal with the houses?  Each wife own theirs, correct?  That would be awkward... living next door to your ex with your ex and ex and ex...

I would totally watch a show where the three wives leave and Robyn and Kody are stuck with each other. 

Words cannot express how much I want to see an episode where Sobyn breaks into tears...and the other 3 wives are finally free to not give a single fuck.

Bonus points if they tell her to knock off her crying crap and handle her emotions like a goddamn adult.  

20 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

Words cannot express how much I want to see an episode where Sobyn breaks into tears...and the other 3 wives are finally free to not give a single fuck.

Bonus points if they tell her to knock off her crying crap and handle her emotions like a goddamn adult.  

:pb_lol: It's all I want for Christmas every year. 

47 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Whats the deal with the houses?  Each wife own theirs, correct?  That would be awkward... living next door to your ex with your ex and ex and ex...

The Browns have always put almost everything in the names of the wives.  This has worked well for them in the past, allowing them to shuffle debt/resources around, but this may come back to bite Kody.

Without legal or de facto marriages that would be recognized by the state, Kody doesn't have the right to claim any portion of the assets that are in the women's names.  Which means they can walk with everything.   And, of course, this doesn't factor into child support, which is between the child and the father, so Kody is still on the hook for that.

Sobyn better get a job now that there are no other working women to support her.  

On December 26, 2015 at 3:08 PM, JMO said:

This was part of an episode in the show.  She presented it to him at the party celebrating the kids' adoption.  That was also the episode where Meri was trying hard to muster up a smile when the kids gave her a necklace for giving up her first wife status.  

Reminds me of the movie "Say Anything", where a young John Cusack whimpers "I gave her my heart and she gave me a pen."

I gave up my marriage and they gave me a necklace.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived