IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

I think they're all pretty attractive. Even the prettiest woman benefits from a little makeup. In my opinion Jessa is movie star pretty but her looks are marred by her social media personality. Ginger is definitely pretty enough for Lawson. Having said that, the longer they go without confirming a courtship the less likely I think it's true. If it was happening it might seem deceitful to their fans to not reveal it til later. Heck, I can make arguments for both sides at this point. :lol:

Nope, sticking to my "average looks" opinion, lol. Sure, anyone can benefit by a little makeup, but some NEED it to look attractive. Jill, Jessa, and Ginger fall in that group, imo. Without hair and makeup, not so attractive (though Jessa would still have great facial features). Really, most average folks can look movie star pretty (we've all seen the "stars without makeup" shots). I just don't think the Duggar girls are exceptional. Average looks, sure. Maybe Jana could get away without makeup/hair? She sure looked pretty in Michaela's wedding (especially that color on her).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have we even seen a photo of Jinger without heavy makeup past the age of 14?

The only instance that sticks out in my mind was one of the last episodes before Jessa's wedding. Jinger was in the kitchen with Jessa cooking something, and Jinger's hair was mostly straight, with just some slight curl at the ends, and she had a very natural look - minimal makeup except for eyeliner. She looked really gorgeous there.

Scrub the make off these girls and they don't look as pretty. Jessa especially has some serious acne going on. Michelle actually looks 100% better without makeup in my opinion. None of them are UGLY, but they managed to learn to use cosmetics and style their hair over the years.

:think: Huh???

I mean, yes, Jessa is very pretty (TBH, though, the camera angles do need to be flattering to her over-extended jawline, otherwise she looks a bit like an angler fish).

But the rest of the Duggar girls seem pretty "average looks" to me. They have the right features and hair to "paint the barn" and make it look a lot better than without hair/makeup. Some girls/young women are obviously gorgeous, even without hair and makeup (think Kendra Wilkinson, Gigi Hadid, etc.) Not the Duggar girls. They need some fixin' up, imo. Now some of those Bates girls (Michaela and Erin, for example) are much prettier than the Duggars. No? What do y'all think? I definitely think they're a prettier bunch.

(shallow subject, I realize, but just can't digest "gorgeous" as applying to a Duggar girl.)

IMO, Kendra isn't that great looking with or without make up(without it she looks aged) and isn't Gigi like 19? of course she would look good without much effort. Jinger actually looks much better without heavy make-up, especially the eyeliner/tanner. I think they are all pretty good looking, even if they are "ordinary" looking also. Jessa does have stronger features than the rest of the Duggar girls but I think that's why the media dubs her the "hot Duggar". I feel kind of bad for Jill because people always point out her gummy smile? her gums aren't even that bad imo. Jana also has a nice looking face, even when she went through a veeeery awkward teen phase(16 kids and pregnant again era).She looks more "girl next door" compared to Jessa, even though I think they are both equally attractive. I think all of them are more "gorgeous" than Kendra, but beauty is pretty subjective.

I mean, yeah they are judgmental grifters but they are gorgeous girls.....even if its just skin deep.

Scrub the make off these girls and they don't look as pretty. Jessa especially has some serious acne going on. Michelle actually looks 100% better without makeup in my opinion. None of them are UGLY, but they managed to learn to use cosmetics and style their hair over the years.

I think Jinger would look better without it, much like Michelle. Poor Jessa does have a shitty case of acne(BC might help with that but she'll never know).

Jill is the homely one. And her poor kid is just as ugly as she. Fortunately, Izzy is a kid, so he'll be cute for a little while longer. Just my opinion.

I loved the comparison of Jessa to an angler fish :)

Jana is a natural beauty and the prettiest.

Jinger is also gorgeous, but would be more so if she didn't fake bake as much.

]Jill is the homely one. And her poor kid is just as ugly as she. Fortunately, Izzy is a kid, so he'll be cute for a little while longer. Just my opinion.

Yikes! That's pretty harsh! :shock:

(ETA: why do the quotes screw up like this occasionally?)

I'm really uncomfortable with rating people on their looks, especially as it's something they can't help. Are we really that superficial? We diss people for being superficial.. do we want to stoop to the same level?

Snarking on personality is fine, IMO, as people choose how they act.

Yikes! That's pretty harsh! :shock:

(ETA: why do the quotes screw up like this occasionally?)

Agree that's harsh. And you had a bracket on the wrong side of the "b" for bold. :P

I'm really uncomfortable with rating people on their looks, especially as it's something they can't help. Are we really that superficial? We diss people for being superficial.. do we want to stoop to the same level?

For real. Who cares how much or how little makeup someone wears. :roll:

Jill is the homely one. And her poor kid is just as ugly as she. Fortunately, Izzy is a kid, so he'll be cute for a little while longer. Just my opinion.

Jill isn't even close to homely. If anything she just seems less fashionable than her sisters and fashion doesn't really dictate what physical beauty someone has. Idk, like I said earlier beauty is subjective but Jill and Izzy aren't hideous looking....Izzy is actually a cute baby(big eyes and chubby cheeks).

To be fair, we haven't seen what "natural" Jana looks like in years.....her seemingly meek personality helps us view her as the prettiest.

Agree that's harsh. And you had a bracket on the wrong side of the "b" for bold. :P

Ah, I see. That's the second time I've done that and I'm quite confident I would never have figured it out. Thanks!

Jessa looks WAY too tan in the above pic. Like if Snooki and John Boehner had a love child type tan.

Also I haven't seen Jill that dolled up since she started courting Derick. Her hair looks better there than it did on her wedding day (as does Jessa's). Maybe that photoshoot for the book cover had red carpet stylists prepping the girls.

What about snarking on awful makeup or orange tans? Those are a choice too. ;)

as blunt as that all is, it's very true.

Have we even seen a photo of Jinger without heavy makeup past the age of 14?

I think her makeup looks racoon-ish. The other girls are a little less heavy handed with it. I have no idea why Jinger needs to go with Broadway-lights-ready heavy duty stuff.

Personal choice, I am sure.

I agree, but I can't help thinking of the old adage "pretty is as pretty does". Using this rule makes a couple of the Duggar girls mighty unattractive in my eyes.

I think her makeup looks racoon-ish. The other girls are a little less heavy handed with it. I have no idea why Jinger needs to go with Broadway-lights-ready heavy duty stuff.

Personal choice, I am sure.

Sometimes people who wear a lot of makeup are not satisfied with themselves and the make up is a sort of "mask." And sometimes artistic young people get carried away with make up just because it is there. Not to get over psychological here, but make up seems to be one of the few forms of self expression these girls have.

Sometimes people who wear a lot of makeup are not satisfied with themselves and the make up is a sort of "mask." And sometimes artistic young people get carried away with make up just because it is there. Not to get over psychological here, but make up seems to be one of the few forms of self expression these girls have.

Might be a regional thing, too. I moved to a small town in the Upper Midwest and NO female wears makeup... or has hair longer than their male spouse. I still have long hair and wear minimal makeup when leaving the house to meet other humans. When I lived in the South, the makeup choices seemed a bit heavier than here.

Jinger sees her sister's makeup choices, and her mom's, and still goes heavy. I am sure she is a lovely human, nevertheless.

What bizarre alternate universe version of the Midwest do you live in where NO woman wears makeup or has long hair? :shock:

Oh Lawd, puh-lease. There have been TONS of comments on FJ regarding fundie outward appearance, both good *and* bad. MUCH of what gets discussed here is superficial (excluding the very serious reality of ATI teachings and legalism, and their impact on those who grew up in it.) If you're not comfortable, that's your take and you're entitled to it, but superficial observations about appearance (and many other things) do come up often here, so there's that.

The other thing that makes them so striking is they have great teeth!

Well, a TLC bank roll will do that (great teeth, straight and WHITE). But the whole gorgeous/striking thing is what I don't see. Ever watch the Real Housewives? When they're in natural settings, they look okay (think Vicki Gundalson), but get them to the bobblehead screen and they look downright amazing. That's when the camera filters and lighting can work its magic. I think quite a bit of "magic" is worked on the Duggar girls as well.

Do I think they're ugly? Not at all. But gorgeous? No. Just average, youthful, pretty, not exceptional.

(I do think Jana is more naturally pretty, and I think Jinger looks...harsh? yes, that's it, but as someone else said, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.)

What bizarre alternate universe version of the Midwest do you live in where NO woman wears makeup or has long hair? :shock:

IKR! I'm over here in the Midwest, and my hair is WAY longer than my husbands. While I personally don't wear make most of the time, I assure you, I am in the minority.

Oh and you are all forgetting about Joy, I think she is the prettiest of the lot.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived