IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

Am I the only one who thinks NYC would actually be too much for her? She wants a city, there is a lot between Tontitown and NYC, Nashville included.

I agree. I think Jinger needs to work her way up to NYC or any other major city. Hell, I think NYC might be too much for me, and I've lived in cities for most of my life. NYC is a great place to visit, but it would DEFINITELY be overwhelming to move their, especially if you've been as sheltered as Jinger has. I think she needs to start with something more "suburb" and less "city." Along the lines of San Jose, CA, or West Hartford, CT (I think Hartford itself would be a bit too much for her still, but West Hartford is close enough that she could enjoy the events in Hartford while being in an environment more her speed; and the commute to both Boston and NYC is doable).

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, what? I thought the only girl who rejected Zach was Sarah Reith.

Oh, how sad that being the "neck" (who can turn the man any way she wants, My Big Fat Greek Wedding shoutout, aww yeah!) is only allowed with a more passive husband and not every husband!!

It's a long standing rumor that Zach was interested in Jana and Jana rejected him. There's never been any proof. But, it's one of those rumors that wont die.

I think Jinger could definitely do worse than Lawson.

He's cute and the country singer thing makes me think he is a bit more creative and free spirited than the typical fundie man.

Sometimes I wonder what will happen when Jinger DOES finally get to have her own social media presence. I imagine that it is inevitable that she will find out that a lot of people on the Internet have been rooting for her to find "freedom" and I wonder what she will think when she finds out about that.

I think exposure to social media has in fact changed Jessa and Jill in some ways. They seem more conscious now of the narcissism that their dad taught them and seem to be trying to make more efforts to show they care about other people (like posting about giving donuts to those hitch hikers and Jessa posting about 9/11 after some people complained that her instagram post focused on the anniversary of her date with Ben rather than 9/11)

I thought Jinger was in charge of the Duggar family instagram. And I remember somewhere reading that the girls already knew about sites like this one.

Very true!

It makes me horribly sad to think that she may think she's damaged and unworthy because of what Josh did to her. Given the near certainty that she was told it was at least partially her fault and some of the comments she made along the lines of being a horrible sinner, it seems well within the range of possibility. And someone like that would probably accept whatever comes along, just feeling grateful that someone will have her.

It just makes me hate those horrible people and their horrible beliefs even more.

Aren't they allegedly allowed to get to know a person for a bit before they decide to start courting? Maybe they're in that stage. No one wants to deny that they're in a courtship, because they could be heading into one. But they can't confirm it's a courtship because it isn't.

Aren't they allegedly allowed to get to know a person for a bit before they decide to start courting? Maybe they're in that stage. No one wants to deny that they're in a courtship, because they could be heading into one. But they can't confirm it's a courtship because it isn't.

I thought of that possibility too but if that's the case why couldn't they just say that there's nothing to announce right now? That's how Jessa handled questions about her pregnancy before they were ready to share, I think the Bates don't mind the interest this is building up in their off season and the Duggars are enjoying some positive attention for a change, I would really like for somebody to say yay or nay before there's a part 2 of this thread.

There was a rumor a few months ago about Jana rejecting a court proposal from Zach Bates after Sarah Reith broke up with him. There isn't any proof this actually happened though. I do think she has turned down several guys, so maybe Jana is pretty confident....or picky as hell. Which would be a good thing because it's not like she has a choice of dating more than one guy.

I also don't know if it happened that way exactly, but if it is true, I can see why Jana would turn Zach down on a fundamental level (forgive the pun).

I wouldn't want to be any man's second choice simply because he was in a race toward legitimate sex (AKA marriage). If a man was in a broken courtship for whatever reason, and then proposed a courtship with me a couple of months after it was over, and after the girl he presumably loved broke his heart, I wouldn't want to get involved with him, either.

Sorta reminds me of a boy I went to school with years ago who used to go around offering this promise ring to any girl who would take it. She'd accept it, they'd go around for awhile, and then when they broke up because he was clingy and stalker-ish, he'd get the ring back and give it to someone else.

*That's assuming any part of the rumor is actually true...

I do know one thing, Have a gander at his personal Instagram. He, and his siblings dressed up for 'Talk like a Pirate Day' @ Krispy Kreme for the free donuts. Boy is SHIRTLESS in a Vest as part of his costume. As in, NIKE! I thought showing that much skin was verboten. Those arms. if you're into that sort of thing, Mercy.

Check out this post-swimming picture of Bin on the Bates family Duggar blog. Scroll down to the third post. His shirt is on but that doesn't matter much.

duggarfamilyblog.com/search?updated-max=2015-09-19T04:12:00-05:00&max-results=5&start=5&by-date=false

Maybe I missed something, but other than photography, what artistic skills does Jinger have?

those are the artistic skills of which we speak.

ETA: that we know of.

There's discussion at Quiver Full of Snark on this. One commenter on his IG said that he looks like he belongs at Fire Island (LGBT tourist destination in Long Island), which I doubt he's aware of.

And yes Nike.

Check out this post-swimming picture of Bin on the Bates family Duggar blog. Scroll down to the third post. His shirt is on but that doesn't matter much.

duggarfamilyblog.com/search?updated-max=2015-09-19T04:12:00-05:00&max-results=5&start=5&by-date=false

Mercy, Mercy. And, I thought the objective was to NOT stir up lustful desires.

So now that we know that Jill and Jessa are getting their own TLC specials before the end of the year, maybe that explains in part why no one has come out and confirmed or denied the Jinger/Lawson courtship rumours. Both the Bateses and the Duggars are probably loving it, as it's creating more interest in their shows.

I thought Jinger was in charge of the Duggar family instagram. And I remember somewhere reading that the girls already knew about sites like this one.

I don't think she's the only one that does it, but I know she does. There's some selfies from her there and when Joe sent all of his sisters roses on Valentine's Day, Jinger's was the one posted, so she had to have done that herself.

Holy Nike! That is a gorgeous human.

Don't see any Joshley flab over there.

Are you talking about Lawson or that Ben picture mentioned?

Someone in the People comments rumored he's hung like a hamster.... I spit out my soda :lol:

You guys are killing me this morning! This is hilarious!!!

I agree, Lawson seems to be very narcisstic. But I think most of people who are self-centered and who try to show that they are full of self-confidence are in fact insecure deep inside. So who knows if he is really the one he pretends to be...

And I can see easily that someone like Jinger might be attracted by a stronger personality, but might be ignorant of the fact that all is just a facade (can you say facade?) .

Some of you said Lawson and Jessa would have been a better match because of their similar characters. Uhm... No. There isn't space enough for two that self-centered persons in a relationship. But I think Jessa being similiar to Lawson is something that might appeal to Jinger, because Jinger and Jessa were always best friends. You know, people tend to search in partners, what they are already used to.

So from the rational point of view a courtship between Jinger and Lawson doesn't seem too unlikely. (Though you need more than a "logical match" for a relationship, right :lol: ? )

Whoever Jinger might choose some day, I hope it is someone who makes her feel comfortable with her self and simply love her for who she is. I don't want to see her in an unhappy match. So take your time Jinge !

BTW: I wonder why Jinger is always said to be artistic? Yes, she loves photography. Is Joy-Anna a sportswoman because she is lifting weights? I hope these kids interests consist of more than we can see.

And second why: Why does everyone think, Jinger wants to move to New York? All she said was "city". That sounds to me as if she was fed up with living in the middle of nowhere. We don't know wheter she thought of Springdale or New York...

It makes me horribly sad to think that she may think she's damaged and unworthy because of what Josh did to her. Given the near certainty that she was told it was at least partially her fault and some of the comments she made along the lines of being a horrible sinner, it seems well within the range of possibility. And someone like that would probably accept whatever comes along, just feeling grateful that someone will have her.

It just makes me hate those horrible people and their horrible beliefs even more.

This is interesting, because Jill & Jessa clearly didn't / don't think they are unworthy or damaged. In the Bin video Jinger says that she has been saved (and likely the whole family believes that). Perhaps in her heart (the real one, not the Duggar 'heart') she is very confused about it all b/c basically all of this flies in the face of raw human emotion. So, she likely questions herself. It really is sad. It is also really interesting to see how the different personalities pick up real life and the deep religion and deal with the two mixed together.

As for Jana she seems really picky, but I like her more for it.

BTW: I wonder why Jinger is always said to be artistic? Yes, she loves photography. Is Joy-Anna a sportswoman because she is lifting weights? I hope these kids interests consist of more than we can see.

I agree. She's been featured on the showing taking photos with a good camera (I guess?) but it's not like she has her own photography studio or frequently posts her awesome photos for the world to see - who knows? Sounded to me like a hobby.

If it's truly her life's passion as an artist to become a professional photographer, she could always check out the line up of Ardnt manboys who have their own photography business. But really, I'd feel sorry for them getting involved with the Duggar circus, they are pretty much their own freak-show.

I've been just quietly following this, but something's been on my mind and it probably has been mentioned before: Would Boob and Gil Bates be locked in a constant behind the scenes power struggle for headship if Lawson and Jinger did court and marry? Is that something Boob really wants to get into?

I agree, Lawson seems to be very narcisstic. But I think most of people who are self-centered and who try to show that they are full of self-confidence are in fact insecure deep inside. So who knows if he is really the one he pretends to be...

And I can see easily that someone like Jinger might be attracted by a stronger personality, but might be ignorant of the fact that all is just a facade (can you say facade?) .

WTF. He's like 20 right? Isn't everyone self-centered when they are 20? How many 20 year olds do you follow Instagram, I promise they are way worse than that one photo.

Looks like he's got plenty of, ahem, self-confidence to me.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived