IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

I follow him on Instagram (only recently so I haven't seen tons.) But I do see that he was at a hospital or something singing to some kids. Maybe it's just for show...I don't know. But I think that's nice, at least. Do the Duggars ever go out of their way to brighten a sick child's day? Doubtful.

https://instagram.com/p/6x3PxePfZL/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do the Duggars ever go out of their way to brighten a sick child's day? Doubtful.

J'Chelle made a lame attempt to go visit a dying girl who's wish was to meet her. It was very sad and the girl seemed rather ambivalent and disappointed when she actually met her. She was probably feeling incredibly ill and the cameras didn't help I'm sure.

J'Chelle made a lame attempt to go visit a dying girl who's wish was to meet her. It was very sad and the girl seemed rather ambivalent and disappointed when she actually met her. She was probably feeling incredibly ill and the cameras didn't help I'm sure.

I remember that. It made me uncomfortable to watch.

I was also super uncomfortable when she went back to the NICU and talked to parents there. Blech. She sucks so much.

I agree. She's been featured on the showing taking photos with a good camera (I guess?) but it's not like she has her own photography studio or frequently posts her awesome photos for the world to see - who knows? Sounded to me like a hobby.

If it's truly her life's passion as an artist to become a professional photographer, she could always check out the line up of Ardnt manboys who have their own photography business. But really, I'd feel sorry for them getting involved with the Duggar circus, they are pretty much their own freak-show.

Unfortunately she's probably not encouraged to pursue her interest in photography as anything more than a hobby. JB and Michelle really shortchanged all their kids by not letting them reach their potential. No way would they let her have an instagram acct she could share her pictures on. At least Lawson has an acct where he can promote his music. Would love to see her get away from the TTH, even if it meant marrying another fundie. Someone like Lawson would probably be more supportive and give her more freedom than she has now if he learned from Chad's example.

If Jana suffers from advancing age at 25, I feel practically on death's door :lol:

l

Um, yes, in the Duggar's word, she is 'advanced age' (that's what I meant; not in OUR world, lol.)

I agree. She's been featured on the showing taking photos with a good camera (I guess?) but it's not like she has her own photography studio or frequently posts her awesome photos for the world to see - who knows? Sounded to me like a hobby.

If it's truly her life's passion as an artist to become a professional photographer, she could always check out the line up of Ardnt manboys who have their own photography business. But really, I'd feel sorry for them getting involved with the Duggar circus, they are pretty much their own freak-show.

I thought this, too! I looked at their bridal pics for the first time the other day and was quite impressed (full disclosure: I have no idea how to judge photography). People who know better than I have said Jinger has talent, too, so why not set her up with whichever Arndt boy strikes her fancy. And live in St. Louis, which is a city! :wink-penguin:

I thought this, too! I looked at their bridal pics for the first time the other day and was quite impressed (full disclosure: I have no idea how to judge photography). People who know better than I have said Jinger has talent, too, so why not set her up with whichever Arndt boy strikes her fancy. And live in St. Louis, which is a city! :wink-penguin:

Noooo...the Arndt's are my new most favorite rabbit hole and I don't Duggar cross contamination.

Although...I think Cathy's tolerance for Michelle and Jim-Bob would be maxed out in minutes. Cathy in her short-shorts schooling the Duggars in how things are going to be would be wildly entertaining.

Can you even imagine Rick trying to find common ground with a man who had enough land for a softball field and enough sons for a team, but has neither due to lack of interest?

that unholy Union should never happen but if it does pleeeease let them film it! (Who are we kidding - the Arndt's film everything!)

Noooo...the Arndt's are my new most favorite rabbit hole and I don't Duggar cross contamination.

Although...I think Cathy's tolerance for Michelle and Jim-Bob would be maxed out in minutes. Cathy in her short-shorts schooling the Duggars in how things are going to be would be wildly entertaining.

Can you even imagine Rick trying to find common ground with a man who had enough land for a softball field and enough sons for a team, but has neither due to lack of interest?

that unholy Union should never happen but if it does pleeeease let them film it! (Who are we kidding - the Arndt's film everything!)

Your entire post had me giggling. Can you imagine Cathy handing one of her boys over to the altar of Jim Bob? :lol: Never gonna happen.

I agree. The Arndts are one of the creepiest fundie families IMO and there is a lot of creepiness occurring in these families! Marrying into that family cannot be a good thing!

Jinger gets slapped with the "artistic" title because she dresses like a hipster. Let's be honest. He style looks different from the other girls so she seems artsy.

What would the Bates have to gain by being silent? The Bates show is really taking off, Lawson has a budding music career, they don't need the press.. so why are they being so quiet?

Well, they might be "sitting tight" with the UP network, gauging the response of the masses, so they can determine whether they want to cover any of the courtship on their show? Or, if UP network has already made it clear that, NO, no they will NOT be putting a Duggar story on air (even if it involves a courtship with a Bates), then maybe the Bates' are being silent to insulate their show from the controversy of the Duggar name at this point? Hmmm... :think:

Plenty of the Duggar girls are gorgeous but they don't flaunt it.

:think: Huh???

I mean, yes, Jessa is very pretty (TBH, though, the camera angles do need to be flattering to her over-extended jawline, otherwise she looks a bit like an angler fish).

But the rest of the Duggar girls seem pretty "average looks" to me. They have the right features and hair to "paint the barn" and make it look a lot better than without hair/makeup. Some girls/young women are obviously gorgeous, even without hair and makeup (think Kendra Wilkinson, Gigi Hadid, etc.) Not the Duggar girls. They need some fixin' up, imo. Now some of those Bates girls (Michaela and Erin, for example) are much prettier than the Duggars. No? What do y'all think? I definitely think they're a prettier bunch.

(shallow subject, I realize, but just can't digest "gorgeous" as applying to a Duggar girl.)

I mean, yes, Jessa is very pretty (TBH, though, the camera angles do need to be flattering to her over-extended jawline, otherwise she looks a bit like an angler fish).

But the rest of the Duggar girls seem pretty "average looks" to me. They have the right features and hair to "paint the barn" and make it look a lot better than without hair/makeup. Some girls/young women are obviously gorgeous, even without hair and makeup (think Kendra Wilkinson, Gigi Hadid, etc.) Not the Duggar girls. They need some fixin' up, imo. Now some of those Bates girls (Michaela and Erin, for example) are much prettier than the Duggars. No? What do y'all think? I definitely think they're a prettier bunch.

(shallow subject, I realize, but just can't digest "gorgeous" as applying to a Duggar girl.)

I never thought Jessa was all that pretty, looks too much like Amy to me. Joy on the other hand, is a very beautiful girl and doesn't seem like she really does much in the make-up department, not that she needs to.

Visually, the Bates girls are alright, though something about their eyebrows just bother me...

I never thought Jessa was all that pretty, looks too much like Amy to me. Joy on the other hand, is a very beautiful girl and doesn't seem like she really does much in the make-up department, not that she needs to.

I have to agree. Joy is probably the natural beauty of the older bunch (and maybe Jana). Like I said before, they're all "average good looks" with makeup and hair successfully bringing them up a notch, but Jessa, Jill, and Jinger don't look all that attractive without makeup and hair done. Joy, otoh, looks naturally pretty as is. I also think that Jana almost looks more like a Bates sister than a Duggar sister.

Anyway, if Lawson and Jinger are courting, I wish them them the best life possible,.....away from ATI. :whistle:

No, Jinger and Lawson are not courting. I think the whole Bates and Duggar court idea has always being lingering. Jill had said people think one of them and a Bates will court due to close in age. And, Lawson was hanging out more often with the Duggars prior to the Josh issue, but we found out the Joe wws going to college in Tn so that explain Lawson's presence. If something changes, disregard this. Ha

I have to agree. Joy is probably the natural beauty of the older bunch (and maybe Jana). Like I said before, they're all "average good looks" with makeup and hair successfully bringing them up a notch, but Jessa, Jill, and Jinger don't look all that attractive without makeup and hair done. Joy, otoh, looks naturally pretty as is. I also think that Jana almost looks more like a Bates sister than a Duggar sister.

Anyway, if Lawson and Jinger are courting, I wish them them the best life possible,.....away from ATI. :whistle:

Jana and Erin do look super alike.

I wouldn't necessarily rule out Jinger and Lawson. People are complex. With DH, there are a bunch of traits that people that don't know us well assume are switched and/or wouldn't work, but in reality it works well. With Jinger and Lawson: Lawson's been in the drivers seat a lot, as has Jinger, but they both seem to do it differently and want to control different things, which could be good. I feel like both could lighten the other person's load in fun ways.

Hopefully away from ATI. Those two deserve a few years on birth control to live their lives and enjoy each other.

Wow. You guys were talking about Rick and Cathy Arndt and I got confused thinking you were talking about Dillards. Took me a minute to remember those were the Arndt parent names too lol.

Wow! You are super picky about looks. I think the Duggar girls are lovely to look at. And Michelle was in her day and still could be a very attractive woman with the right hairstyle.

Who doesn't look better with a little makeup?

I think all the Duggar girls and women are lovely. Jinger's always been my favorite in terms of looks. She absolutely doesn't need the makeup or the hair-curling, she's beautiful without any of it.

Joy, too. I saw a picture of her recently where her face was pretty heavily painted, I think it might have been for a wedding, and I was a little shocked to see it. She definitely doesn't need it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

I don't think the people you listed are gorgeous at all. I actually wouldn't apply that to many people really though.

Of course, I think "traditional" beauty in today's society is pretty boring and 'blah.' So I would never call those types of people gorgeous.

I think they're all pretty attractive. Even the prettiest woman benefits from a little makeup. In my opinion Jessa is movie star pretty but her looks are marred by her social media personality. Ginger is definitely pretty enough for Lawson. Having said that, the longer they go without confirming a courtship the less likely I think it's true. If it was happening it might seem deceitful to their fans to not reveal it til later. Heck, I can make arguments for both sides at this point. :lol:

God, two people stand by each other and now they're courting. Does Creeper Cooper know about this? Hasn't he stood next to Jinger before? :roll:

I think that beginning a rumor of them courting is a bit much, but just speaking from experience, even sitting next to a boy was a HUGE STEP TOWARDS COMMITMENT (emphasis not yelling) back in my fundy days. It was Just. Not. Done. unless there was a relationship of some kind there. So standing next to him theoretically be full of meaning.

Or not. Who knows.

But Kendra Wilkinson is a natural beauty/gorgeous? No way, imo. She's attractive enough, but "gorgeous" for me implies someone truly breathtaking -- Liv Tyler, for example, or Grace Kelly.

I remember that. It made me uncomfortable to watch.

I was also super uncomfortable when she went back to the NICU and talked to parents there. Blech. She sucks so much.

A lot of umm, celebrities(?) meet with sick kids and things, but they don't normally do it for the press, some yes but most just do it and you hear about 2nd hand not "Look at us aren't we good people, visiting the poors and the sick, just like jebus" :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, Jinger and Lawson are not courting. I think the whole Bates and Duggar court idea has always being lingering. Jill had said people think one of them and a Bates will court due to close in age. And, Lawson was hanging out more often with the Duggars prior to the Josh issue, but we found out the Joe wws going to college in Tn so that explain Lawson's presence. If something changes, disregard this. Ha

I would agree with you, except that this is fundie world we're talking, here. And how appropriate would it be, in a wedding photo no less, that Ginger wouldn't be near her sisters and/or family members in the photo, but instead nuzzled in at the end with Lawson? Things that make ya go, "Hmmm!"

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived