IGNORED

Jinger and Lawson courting?

SPHASH

Sadly Jinger totally strikes me as the sort to feel blessed beyond measure that such a wonderful godly successful man would like her, her of all people! I could see her ending up with an arrogant douchebag because she's been so beat down and and seems to feel so undeserving. Jill is confident in a sort of carefree way, Jessa is confident in that 'bitch please' way, Jana - who knows? But Jinger is the one I feel the worst for, the one who really seems fragile. I hope she can find happiness and confidence, wherever life takes her.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't wish Lawson on Jinger, he comes off as a massive tool. Let Jinger have a city boy, damn it! Creeper Cooper must not be trying hard enough. :lol:

But no, seriously, Lawson comes off as a complete narcissist.

Totally agree! My bet is when the Bates have their first scandal Lawson will be in the center of it.

Honestly, I think Lawson would have made a better match for Jessa. He seems to match Jessa's personality completely. Self promotion, selfies, (him) look at my muscles, (her) look at my beauty, (her) I'm better than everyone else, (him) I'm so talented! Look at me! Pretty girl, pretty boy. Both into vanity. Nothing wrong with being pretty, I'm pointing out the "smugness" of knowing and it making you vain. Plenty of the Duggar girls are gorgeous but they don't flaunt it. Lawson, he's vain. Just like Jessa.

I see Jinger with someone that intellectually matches her on an artist level. That's not vain and up the asses of their followers.

Screw you, Duggars. Jinger is a person that was born with artistic talent and drive to explore that. There are people in this world that are born with a true natural artistic talent. Suppressing your daughters authentic self for your own agenda that YOU adopted before she was born is disgusting. Jim Bob and Michelle made the choice to brainwash and suppress their kids. They took the right to choose any other way for each of their kids before any of them were even born. By the time they're adults, no thoughts are their own. No hobbies are their own. Any natural talent, is directed and shaped into a Gothard approved talent. Which is disgusting and sad because none of your children will EVER know the full scope of their talents. The full range of their abilities. All they can do with what they were born with before your insane views suppressed them. Jinger will never get to fully grasp her full range of photography talent and skill outside of Gothard tastes. That's fucked up. To pigeonhole an artist and say "you're allowed to go here with your creativity and go no further than that."

I'm sorry for the tangent. It really bothers me.

Sadly Jinger totally strikes me as the sort to feel blessed beyond measure that such a wonderful godly successful man would like her, her of all people! I could see her ending up with an arrogant douchebag because she's been so beat down and and seems to feel so undeserving. Jill is confident in a sort of carefree way, Jessa is confident in that 'bitch please' way, Jana - who knows? But Jinger is the one I feel the worst for, the one who really seems fragile. I hope she can find happiness and confidence, wherever life takes her.

Very true!

I don't know.. maybe they connect on a "fun" level and Jinger thinks Lawson is fun and handsome.

After all she's been through in her family, I'll bet she is ready to cut loose and have her own place.

Whoever makes you happy, Jinger!

[bBvideo 560,340:1qoyyv0d]

[/bBvideo]

If Jana suffers from advancing age at 25, I feel practically on death's door :lol:

The Duggars would probably like to marry them off at 16 so they have time to give birth to two dozen kids (since that's Michelle and Jim Bob's forte). But in the grand scheme of things she's not so very old I think, certainly not old enough that we can assume that she will be infertile because of her age. She's still younger than the average age of getting married (27). 56 % of women her age haven't had their first child yet and 62 % haven't married.

So maybe there's hope yet :) (if that's what she wants at all)

She's been parenting since she was six or so, so it could be a been there, done that got the t-shirt type of situation.

http://nationalmarriageproject.org/wp-c ... ForWeb.pdf

http://www.babycenter.com/0_surprising- ... 1372273.bc

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... /2256.html

I thought I remembered hearing that Gothard basically recommends ladies with known fertility issues NOT marry. Or did I imagine that? (Not speaking about Jana or Jinger or anything. Just a general comment.)

As for Jana, for these fundies, she's probably entering old maid territory. For the real world, not even close.

Honestly, I think Lawson would have made a better match for Jessa. He seems to match Jessa's personality completely. Self promotion, selfies, (him) look at my muscles, (her) look at my beauty, (her) I'm better than everyone else, (him) I'm so talented! Look at me! Pretty girl, pretty boy. Both into vanity. Nothing wrong with being pretty, I'm pointing out the "smugness" of knowing and it making you vain. Plenty of the Duggar girls are gorgeous but they don't flaunt it. Lawson, he's vain. Just like Jessa.

I see Jinger with someone that intellectually matches her on an artist level. That's not vain and up the asses of their followers.

I wonder if this is why Jinger is courting him(IF she is). Lawson probably reminds her of BFF and Jinger misses her. In fact, we don't see that much of Jessa and Jinger hanging out anymore.

I wonder if this is why Jinger is courting him(IF she is). Lawson probably reminds her of BFF and Jinger misses her. In fact, we don't see that much of Jessa and Jinger hanging out anymore.

Good point, we haven't seen Jess and Jing together much lately...seems odd.

That's because Jessa is busy being pregnant and submitting to Bin's every desire. Plus, Boob and DQ probably don't want Jessa spilling the "what sex is like" beans to Jinger I have a feeling Jessa just can't wait to dish about her sex life to her sisters

I don't think it's necessarily odd, it could just be that Jinger has asked Jessa to keep any mention of herself out of her social media platforms. In light of everything that has happened, it wouldn't surprise me that Jinger would want to stay out of the spotlight.

As far as a Jinger / Lawson match up, I think it might appeal to Jinger to "escape" to a family like the Bates. She's grown up knowing them, they share the same religious beliefs but now sees how life is a little more relaxed in that household, compared to how life is in the TTH. Lawson's career might involve plans to move to Nashville and hey, that might not be a bad place for someone like herself too.

It might not be what we would call a "free Jinger" escape, but in her eyes, it might have lots of appeal.

I hope the match didn't come about because the two pairs of parents thought that two kids with artistic talents belong to each other automatically...without regard for their personalities.

Lawson might have thought that Jinger is good looking enough for him and he might like a girl that swoons over him

Jinger might just be happy that some "good" man is interested in her at all and with a little push from JB she swoon over him making him googly eyes.

honestly I cannot image Jinger being married at all. I can imagine her with a ton of artsy friends, but not a spouse. :roll:

And I agree Lawson would have been a better match with Jessa; Ben probably with Joy (they had great chemistry!)

I don't think it's necessarily odd, it could just be that Jinger has asked Jessa to keep any mention of herself out of her social media platforms. In light of everything that has happened, it wouldn't surprise me that Jinger would want to stay out of the spotlight.

As far as a Jinger / Lawson match up, I think it might appeal to Jinger to "escape" to a family like the Bates. She's grown up knowing them, they share the same religious beliefs but now sees how life is a little more relaxed in that household, compared to how life is in the TTH. Lawson's career might involve plans to move to Nashville and hey, that might not be a bad place for someone like herself too.

It might not be what we would call a "free Jinger" escape, but in her eyes, it might have lots of appeal.

I agree. A place like Nashville would probably be a very good fit for someone like Jinger.

It's not NYC, sure, but it's still a big town with a lot to offer, especially if you compare it to Tontitown.

I could totally see Jinger trying to get out of the TTH as fast as possible, and let's face it, someone like Lawson could be her ticket to a slightly better life.

I agree. A place like Nashville would probably be a very good fit for someone like Jinger.

It's not NYC, sure, but it's still a big town with a lot to offer, especially if you compare it to Tontitown.

I could totally see Jinger trying to get out of the TTH as fast as possible, and let's face it, someone like Lawson could be her ticket to a slightly better life.

Am I the only one who thinks NYC would actually be too much for her? She wants a city, there is a lot between Tontitown and NYC, Nashville included.

Jana is confident in a "Bless your heart," way. Remember, she rejected Zach Bates already and who knows how many other eligible fundie bachelors.

Am I the only one who thinks NYC would actually be too much for her? She wants a city, there is a lot between Tontitown and NYC, Nashville included.

snip

You are probably right, something too intense would do more harm than good, she would need to adjust to a new life slowly and steadily.

However, regarding the city, I think if a city has a certain size, it doesn't really matter all that much how big it is, but more in which part you actually end up living.

I've never been to Nashville, but I love New York City, I've been there several times, and NYC isn't just the flashy lights of Times Square. I doubt Jinger and whoever she ends up marrying would have the kind of money to live in a place like Manhattan anyways, and NYC has a lot of different parts a bit further out from the city center which are quiet and suburby and not really different from residential areas in other bigger towns. I think Jinger would do just fine in such a part of NYC.

Maybe I missed something, but other than photography, what artistic skills does Jinger have?

Good question. Unfortunately, we will likely never know the Duggar (and other fundie) kid's full potential since their parents did everything in their power to destroy and suppress it.

It makes me really sad, I wonder what kind of people the young Duggars and other fundies would be if their parents weren't such fanatics.

I feel like they wouldn't be a good match because they are too similar. Maybe it would be different if they had more...er...positive things in common. They both seem to have stronger, more independent personalities. Jessa likes having a more passive husband who lets her be the "neck" in their marriage. Plus, people who tend to be vain are just very insecure. Two insecure people in a relationship? Sounds toxic...

I do agree with the person who said Joy and Ben have chemistry. Only if they were allowed to date and not court. Isn't Ben and Joy's age gap the same as Jessa's? like 2/3 years?

Jana is confident in a "Bless your heart," way. Remember, she rejected Zach Bates already and who knows how many other eligible fundie bachelors.

Wait, what? I thought the only girl who rejected Zach was Sarah Reith.

Jessa likes having a more passive husband who lets her be the "neck" in their marriage.

Oh, how sad that being the "neck" (who can turn the man any way she wants, My Big Fat Greek Wedding shoutout, aww yeah!) is only allowed with a more passive husband and not every husband!!

I do know one thing, Have a gander at his personal Instagram. He, and his siblings dressed up for 'Talk like a Pirate Day' @ Krispy Kreme for the free donuts. Boy is SHIRTLESS in a Vest as part of his costume. As in, NIKE! I thought showing that much skin was verboten. Those arms. if you're into that sort of thing, Mercy.

There was a rumor a few months ago about Jana rejecting a court proposal from Zach Bates after Sarah Reith broke up with him. There isn't any proof this actually happened though. I do think she has turned down several guys, so maybe Jana is pretty confident....or picky as hell. Which would be a good thing because it's not like she has a choice of dating more than one guy.

I do know one thing, Have a gander at his personal Instagram. He, and his siblings dressed up for 'Talk like a Pirate Day' @ Krispy Kreme for the free donuts. Boy is SHIRTLESS in a Vest as part of his costume. As in, NIKE! I thought showing that much skin was verboten. Those arms. if you're into that sort of thing, Mercy.

Just imagine what the rest of that body looks like.....seriously.

Wonder what the fundie community had to say about that photo. I mean, sure, he's a guy but damn. If *I* (as well as a ton of other people I've see respond to that photo) thought somewhere along the lines of "if that's what that looks like, I bet the rest of the package matches!" Isn't that the object of doing everything they do dress wise, so they don't attract those thoughts?

I'm not even that into oogling body types like that and even I thought "Damn, he could be an extra on Magic Mike."

I think Jinger could definitely do worse than Lawson.

He's cute and the country singer thing makes me think he is a bit more creative and free spirited than the typical fundie man.

Sometimes I wonder what will happen when Jinger DOES finally get to have her own social media presence. I imagine that it is inevitable that she will find out that a lot of people on the Internet have been rooting for her to find "freedom" and I wonder what she will think when she finds out about that.

I think exposure to social media has in fact changed Jessa and Jill in some ways. They seem more conscious now of the narcissism that their dad taught them and seem to be trying to make more efforts to show they care about other people (like posting about giving donuts to those hitch hikers and Jessa posting about 9/11 after some people complained that her instagram post focused on the anniversary of her date with Ben rather than 9/11)

There's discussion at Quiver Full of Snark on this. One commenter on his IG said that he looks like he belongs at Fire Island (LGBT tourist destination in Long Island), which I doubt he's aware of.

And yes Nike.

Sometimes silence can speak louder than words. Remember when there was a media blitz about Jana/Tebow or JD/Maisespace, the Duggars almost immediately sent out a disclaimer that there were no pending courtships between Jana/Tebow or JD/Maisespace. But this time with the Jinger/Lawson rumors, there are crickets from both the Duggar and Bates camps. The Jinger/Lawson rumors have been in the media for several days now and really taking root and still... nothing. Could the silence be a sign that this might be true? I wouldn't expect the Duggars to come forth because after all, they need some good press. But I'm kind of surprised that the Bates would stay mum if it were not true. What would the Bates have to gain by being silent? The Bates show is really taking off, Lawson has a budding music career, they don't need the press.. so why are they being so quiet? I'm kind of with Perez on this one (Hi Perez, I know you are reading this *Mwah*), so I'm thinking there is more to this story than is being told. Sooner or later they either have to confirm or deny. I think in a couple of weeks time we will know something.

The Duggars haven't addressed even half the rumors of courtships that have existed in recent years. And, they only addressed Tebow because he did. I also don't remember hearing that they said JD wasn't courting Maisespace.

As for current rumors, the Duggars aren't going to squash ANYTHING that brings them positive attention. A courtship with a Bates kid is positive attention. Hell, any courtship is positive attention. The Bates, I feel, won't address it because I've never heard them address rumors that weren't posted as comments on their blog.

• happy atheist locked this topic

Archived