IGNORED

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel

luv2laugh

The Duggars do have some passive income stream (cell towers, who knows how many rental properties, commercial real estate). JB has made it clear that he likes to invest in commercial real estate and that he buys properties without a mortgage.

It's also well known that he bought Jill's McMansion for pennies on the dollar and then fixed it up. I'm sure he's done that with other properties too.

(Now I know all real estate is local and I have no idea what the demand for commercial/residential rental property is in the area).

I hope (for his sake) that he was able to invest the money wisely. But then again he is a Duggar.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here in the bible belt the message is we love god more then anything and everyone. To me growing up there I was, even as a child, confused. They told me that jesus loved everyone, he saved sinners, hookers, thieves and I was told he has a big heart. In the mean time I was told I was fake because I was not baptized, I wasn't going to be saved (I learnt that as a 6 year old) I was not worth enough to save. It is a fucked up world to grow up in as a child, at least for me.

They say the bible is the truth, but they didn't tell me about the convention in rome that lead to that same bible.

They jesus is love and god is forgiveness, but at the same time they themselves say that people should go to hell.

Sometimes when I read here adn see the duggars or other fundies I still get confused not to say hurt, brings back a lot off memories........... :(

From the Bible Belt State of Alabama here. I understand where you're coming from. I followed my instincts, and left the Church of Christ. I'm now liberal Christian and much happier.

You know, considering how big a deal they made about that media room when they built the TTH, you'd think they'd have built something out of it by now. I know, Duggars and work are like oil and water, but they could have made serious strides in learning about production and actual producing something that could earn them an income. I'm not even opposed to them soliciting donations, really--people have donate buttons on their blogs and do ks/gofundme/etc. all the time--but damn, they should have something they can point to and say, "Look at the quality of our work. Your money will help produce more of this."

I wonder what the Duggars do all day long?

The girls hiding up in their BR doing makeup, nails and hair.

The little kids running around like banshees

The older boys driving around the county making Mikey D's and donut stops.

JB and M fellowshipping and then running out to p/u whatever "family eats free" food they can find.

GMM toiling away in the laundry room.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out what they do day after day-

Here's an article from 5 years ago that cites 19 Kids as a show that didn't use work permits for minors. There's even a quote from Jim Bob.

articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/26/entertainment/la-et-reality-kids-20100627

From the Bible Belt State of Alabama here. I understand where you're coming from. I followed my instincts, and left the Church of Christ. I'm now liberal Christian and much happier.

Also was born and raised in the "Heart of Dixie" state, and I learned very early that listening to what " THEY" say is a guilt trip extraordinaire'.

YOU have your own personal power to decide what you believe and don't believe, and to follow that path.

"They" don't control you unless you give up your power. I may be singing to the choir but there's nothing more destructive than long- held, misplaced gult.

Please, find a way to let it go, everyone who has childhood guilts and hurts.

You'll save a fortune on therapy bills to people like me if you do, :wink-kitty:

It has been driving me crazy because I specifically remember seeing a tv special where the Duggars moved into their new house and it was a different episode than 16 kids and moving in. In the special they had a large room with a small stage area where they said they would have church and other get togethers. They talked about their film editing room and also mentioned that they broadcasted their church services over the radio from their home.

I finally found a few old articles about a tv special called Duggar Dream House that sounds like what I might have seen. They say that they left their first floor open so they could host financial freedom seminars and church services at their home. (I am guessing thats why the kids are all crammed in rooms upstairs, so they would be out of the way.) Their large kitchen was built specifically for hosting large groups in their home. The film editing room was also a sound room for their presentations they hosted. At that point they only had a few tv specials and didn't yet have a deal with TLC for their regular show.

It sounds to me like they built the house with the goal of having their house as a gathering place to host financial freedom seminars and church services, but once they got their deal with TLC they turned their church room into a family room. No need to host seminars and church at their home when they can make money from TLC. I also think this is the episode where they talked about Josh having his own room. When he had his own room it was off of the church room (now the living room), which would have been the guest suite where Grandma Duggar lives now.

Anyways, sorry I got off topic. My main point was that they have broadcast their own show from their home before except it was on the radio rather than the internet.

Here is an interesting article:

http://www.uatrav.com/news/article_316c ... e3a29.html

JimChelle really thought the show would last forever. The buy used bullshit went out the window a while ago. Jim Bob isn't good with money. And I doubt these people have a lot of money to feed and clothe that many people. Net worth doesn't equal income. Half the kids are old enough to work. Unfortunately JimChelle They are the most self entitled bunch on the freaking planet.  I'm sorry, but in the past few days- seeing Amy asking for gifts and bitching about TLC not paying for their wedding and now the other boys asking for donations!!!  OMG.  The crap they have been filming and posting as of late, is just that- CRAP!  Why do they feel so entitled that they can post videos (that a nine year old could produce on an iPhone)  and have people donate to their lifestyle?  

What is next?  I shudder to think of the next donation site and wonder which member of the family Boob will put up to doing it. 

they were above everyone else viewing their kids as trophies. I don't feel bad for them. They got use to a lifestyle that without tlc they would've never had.

They are the most self entitled bunch on the freaking planet.  I'm sorry, but in the past few days- seeing Amy asking for gifts and bitching about TLC not paying for their wedding and now the other boys asking for donations!!!  OMG.  The crap they have been filming and posting as of late, is just that- CRAP!  Why do they feel so entitled that they can post videos (that a nine year old could produce on an iPhone)  and have people donate to their lifestyle. What is next?  I shudder to think of the next donation site and wonder which member of the family Boob will put up to doing it.They are the most self entitled bunch on the freaking planet. Duggar studios barely has a fan base. The duggars netter hope for a miracle. I'm sure Jesus will provide. Pray harder.

I don't see the donate button on their YouTube page anymore.

You're right. It appears to be gone. I wonder if they also deleted all the negative comments they were getting??

Cornerstone payments not only processes credit and debit cared donations, they are also partnered with iDonate to accept donations of stuff (cars, jewelry, electronics, etc.) which they send to Texas to be auctioned off for cash. I believe iDonate is run by someone from Hobby Lobby. They will probably be asking people to donate cars and other stuff next.

They will never use gofundme because they want all their donations processed through Cornerstone Payments.

People who are genuinely good with money are forward thinking. They accept that good times aren't guaranteed to last. They educate their children, so their children can be independent. They're proud of their kids if their kids get good educations. They sock money away. They think "How successful was I in my state position? Did I have any important roles that I succeeded in there?" and "How much money is this going to cost me?" before they try for a Senate seat. (If they get past that, then thinking "What kind of educations do Senators tend to have?" might be worth considering. It would be nice to think otherwise, but Jim Bob was in no way equipped to be a Senator, either in terms of cash or education.)

If Jim Bob once sold real estate, does he do so now, or did he figure he didn't need to keep it up because the show would go on forever? If he once bought houses and fixed them up and sold them at a profit, why didn't he train his sons to do so, so they'd have skills and some financial know-how?

He need to feel superior to other people, including his wife and kids. To feel superior to people, he also has to isolate himself and his family, so that his kids don't compare him to other dads and so he doesn't look stupid in conversations. The show and the leghumppers gave him a totally false sense of authority. He's a boob.

I'm wondering if I'm missing something as well. Living trusts are fairly common in my area because farmland is kept in them. This keeps the next generation from getting hosed on inheritance taxes. It doesn't help anything else from what I know.

The primary purpose of the typical revocable living trust is to avoid probate. It is a fairly routine estate planning document. Some features can be added to help minimize estate taxes for a married couple but it is not the best financial planning device for MILLIONAIRES!!!!

I tend to think that the $3.5 million estimate Star Magazine gave is correct. Reality tv stars, outside of the Kardashians, don't tend to make tens of millions of dollars. That's why they, like the Kardashians obtain endorsement deals to make money while they can. $3.5 million is a lot of money, but it goes farther for a family of 4 than a family of 30. It's not enough to support them all indefinitely. Prices will rise while their income level and savings account plummets. What will they do when the new scandal free fundy family freak show hits town? What little speaking engagements they have left will be gone.

I also think it is correct and matches up to the Duggars' activities when the show was on. They didn't obtain endorsement deals or anything else other the speaking gigs and books to make additional money. Outside of the Kardashians, some of the people that were on Jersey Shore, Laguna Beach and the sequel show The Hills, did well in making money while their shows were on. Lauren Conrad, from Laguna Beach/The Hills, made a lot of smart moves over the years and is quite wealthy now. She has a pretty loyal fanbase for her fashion products and book series. Pauly D from Jersey Shore is quite wealthy and part of it comes from his DJ business and DJing high profile events. Some of the other Jersey Shore people aren't as wealthy as Pauly D and one of them is facing money and tax issues.

I haven't checked the ratings on The Willis Clan show and the show's renewal status is up in the air. If the Willis Clan gets a second season, their popularity might increase and they might get speaking and performance gigs that the Duggars are hoping for. At the least, the Willis kids have some talent. The are some possible issues with the Willis Clan though, it seems Toby is banking too much on the kids having huge music careers later on. It would be hilarious, if the Willis Clan did a speaking and performance in Arkansas, after Joshgate . I can picture Boob and Mullet's envious faces filled with anger.

I also think it is correct and matches up to the Duggars' activities when the show was on. They didn't obtain endorsement deals or anything else other the speaking gigs and books to make additional money. Outside of the Kardashians, some of the people that were on Jersey Shore, Laguna Beach and the sequel show The Hills, did well in making money while their shows were on. Lauren Conrad, from Laguna Beach/The Hills, made a lot of smart moves over the years and is quite wealthy now. She has a pretty loyal fanbase for her fashion products and book series. Pauly D from Jersey Shore is quite wealthy and part of it comes from his DJ business and DJing high profile events. Some of the other Jersey Shore people aren't as wealthy as Pauly D and one of them is facing money and tax issues.

I haven't checked the ratings on The Willis Clan show and the show's renewal status is up in the air. If the Willis Clan gets a second season, their popularity might increase and they might get speaking and performance gigs that the Duggars are hoping for. At the least, the Willis kids have some talent. The are some possible issues with the Willis Clan though, it seems Toby is banking too much on the kids having huge music careers later on. It would be hilarious, if the Willis Clan did a speaking and performance in Arkansas, after Joshgate . I can picture Boob and Mullet's envious faces filled with anger.

Strange that you should mention Jersey Shore- Snooki went IN on Smuggar on twitter. I guess it's irritating when the same people who judge you for getting wasted and being trashy on TV (and making a ton of money for it) want to forgive a child molester.

Haha, but I bet Boob and Mullet are fuming over the fact that the Willis people are totally stealing their thunder. I mean, didn't they want to be the traveling musical circus? It's too bad their kids didn't learn how to stay in tune. But then again, in music lessons, you get what you pay for/work for, regardless of how talented you think you or your special snowflake is.

-As almost a degreed music professional, I'd like to add that this isn't a diss on church ladies/pianists or whatever. I know several of them and many are really talented/hardworking and just trying to pay their bills. I think it's more likely the Duggars didn't invest much in their musical education. Then again, that's no different than anything else.

Strange that you should mention Jersey Shore- Snooki went IN on Smuggar on twitter. I guess it's irritating when the same people who judge you for getting wasted and being trashy on TV (and making a ton of money for it) want to forgive a child molester.

Haha, but I bet Boob and Mullet are fuming over the fact that the Willis people are totally stealing their thunder. I mean, didn't they want to be the traveling musical circus? It's too bad their kids didn't learn how to stay in tune. But then again, in music lessons, you get what you pay for/work for, regardless of how talented you think you or your special snowflake is.

-As almost a degreed music professional, I'd like to add that this isn't a diss on church ladies/pianists or whatever. I know several of them and many are really talented/hardworking and just trying to pay their bills. I think it's more likely the Duggars didn't invest much in their musical education. Then again, that's no different than anything else.

As this is your area of educational expertise, I'm curious about the genetic component of musical ability. I'm not talking about famous musicians, per se, but I've noticed in regular families there will be some where it seems like the majority of them will have the ability to excel at learning an instrument, singing, etc and other families where no one has any exceptional talent beyond being able to learn the basics if given lessons.

I'd think that even if the lessons weren't high quality that if one of the Duggar's had some raw talent it would have been apparent? I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket so maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like there is some inherent talent or the lessons aren't going to get them to the performance level?

Like in the M*A*S*H episode where Charles deals with the patient who was a concert pianist and lost partial use of his hand..."I can play the notes, but you can make music!" It always struck me as so profound so I'm curious as to if it's true.

Another thing, the Willis kids are better singers than the Duggar kids. But, I don't think the Willis kids are extremely good. The Duggar kids' singing was just plain awful. I remember the NYC episode, where they sang somewhere public and I remember a shot of guy, with an irritated look on his face.

I also remember that video of some of the Duggars singing at a restaurant. IIRC, it was when they were traveling around with Santorum. I can't remember what they sang, but Josh was looking at his phone while singing(possibly looking at lyrics) and they sounded awful, especially Josh.

Since the Duggars are so desperate for $$$$, and because the parents, in particular, enjoy TV celebrity soooo much, may I suggest some avenues they may not have considered:

Wife Swap....switching spouses with Ozzie & Sharon Osbourne would be very entertaining .

Naked and Afraid, I'll leave that up to your imagination and hope you're not eating anything right now!

Real housewives of Arkansas, snoozefest

The Bachelorette, starring Jana, can you imagine real hot blooded young studs having to settle for a month of side hugs? Maybe this could be her escape, with being able to choose a hubby with no input from JB.

Who wants to be a Millionaire? Well, at least they'd get a free trip and a night in a hotel out of it.

Dancing with the Stars with JB as the contestant, the looks of disgust on his face at the scantily clad dancers, his having to TOUCH a woman who was not his wife, the hair that never moves, you know that man has no rhythym and possibly no joints in his legs.

The Apprentice, JB, You're Fired!

America's Got Talent, Michelle demonstrating Blanket Training, that would be too sad.

Anyone else have ideas to get the Duggars on the idiot box again?

As this is your area of educational expertise, I'm curious about the genetic component of musical ability. I'm not talking about famous musicians, per se, but I've noticed in regular families there will be some where it seems like the majority of them will have the ability to excel at learning an instrument, singing, etc and other families where no one has any exceptional talent beyond being able to learn the basics if given lessons.

I'd think that even if the lessons weren't high quality that if one of the Duggar's had some raw talent it would have been apparent? I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket so maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like there is some inherent talent or the lessons aren't going to get them to the performance level?

Like in the M*A*S*H episode where Charles deals with the patient who was a concert pianist and lost partial use of his hand..."I can play the notes, but you can make music!" It always struck me as so profound so I'm curious as to if it's true.

Hmm. Well, I think genetics might have something to do with musical ability; we've all noticed families of great musicians, but I personally believe a lot of the musical families are due to nurture rather than nature. Many of the second or third generation musicians have been musically trained from a very young age, listened to Mozart in the womb, etc. etc. I know that having absolutely perfect pitch is most often something you're born with, but that's not a guarantee of anything else beyond that, and I know many people who have trained themselves to have almost perfect pitch. RE raw talent, I think some things might come more naturally to some rather than others, but, as is a common mantra "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." Or, if talent practices doing it the wrong way and learns bad habits. One of the more famous virtuoso players on my instrument nowadays, who's known for doing crazy shit, learned it all by doing very meticulous work for hours upon hours.

So, I guess maybe there is a genetic component to learning music; I think, depending on what instrument especially, certain things do come easier to certain people. But we generally prefer to attribute great performing to hard work/good teaching.

Here's an article from 5 years ago that cites 19 Kids as a show that didn't use work permits for minors. There's even a quote from Jim Bob.

articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/26/entertainment/la-et-reality-kids-20100627

Thank-you. Great Article! Well-written, and informative! I highlighted it! :D

...In the special they had a large room with a small stage area where they said they would have church and other get togethers. They talked about their film editing room and also mentioned that they broadcasted their church services over the radio from their home.

... They say that they left their first floor open so they could host financial freedom seminars and church services at their home. ...Their large kitchen was built specifically for hosting large groups in their home. The film editing room was also a sound room for their presentations they hosted...

It sounds to me like they built the house with the goal of having their house as a gathering place to host financial freedom seminars and church services...

[aggressively snipped!]

Gross! This reminds me of a group of Mormons I had the displeasure of knowing. Whilst I was away at college, my Grandmother became ill with Dementia. My Grandfather had just died.

Soon, her estranged relatives from an abusive childhood came around. They had her sign over Power of Attorney, to her half-nephew, a leader in a local San Diego Mormon church in Pacific Beach. Well, with that Power of Attorney (or POA) he moved his entire large family into the house, liquidated her assets, and remodeled the home... Into a plan very much like the one you describe the Duggars doing. Large communal areas, for church meetings and administration, even.

Disgusting! They would host large Mormon gatherings on my Grandparents beautiful La Jolla property, meanwhile my poor, poor Grandmother is wandering around the house, sometimes locked in her room, wondering who all these people are in her house but unable to do anything about it!

Now, having finally forced them out, the house is weird, having had giant communal spaces added throughout! The damage done, irreparable. "Church!", huh? Some church. Assholes. Church folk can be real pieces of work - common criminals!

POA is so easily abused. Despite the Duggars "living trust" or whatever they have, anyone can have them sign over POA and completely change everything. In any case, I imagine Josh will be receiving the household, in the end.

Since the Duggars are so desperate for $$$$, and because the parents, in particular, enjoy TV celebrity soooo much, may I suggest some avenues they may not have considered:

Wife Swap....switching spouses with Ozzie & Sharon Osbourne would be very entertaining .

Naked and Afraid, I'll leave that up to your imagination and hope you're not eating anything right now!

The Bachelorette, starring Jana, can you imagine real hot blooded young studs having to settle for a month of side hugs? Maybe this could be her escape, with being able to choose a hubby with no input from JB.

Who wants to be a Millionaire? Well, at least they'd get a free trip and a night in a hotel out of it.

Dancing with the Stars with JB as the contestant, the looks of disgust on his face at the scantily clad dancers, his having to TOUCH a woman who was not his wife, the hair that never moves, you know that man has no rhythym and possibly no joints in his legs.

America's Got Talent, Michelle demonstrating Blanket Training, that would be too sad.

I would watch a Janna Bachelorette. As long as there was no Michelle or Jimbob and maybe just once at the beginning of the show do a quick recap of the family and that would be all we'd see of them. The show could be focused just on Jana, and see what she wants and decided for herself.

Survivor: Arkansas. Let's put them all on an island and see whom THEY vote off first! I think Johannah would be the ultimate Duggar survivor.

Thank-you. Great Article! Well-written, and informative! I highlighted it! :D

Great article. A few pieces that I thought were especially interesting:

"The view that these shows are essentially documentaries is shared by Jim Bob Duggar, who appears with his wife and 19 children on TLC's "19 Kids and Counting." He said the family didn't consider the filming to be work."

Just what DO you consider work JB?

""The appeal of the show is its observational approach to our daily routine, which is the same with or without the cameras," Duggar wrote in an e-mail.

Right---because you took all those trip before TLC paid the bill.

"state Rep. Thomas P. Murt, .... has introduced legislation that would limit the hours children could be filmed and require an on-set teacher."

Now that would have been interesting to watch--the Duggar's daily routine with a REAL teacher thrown in!

"TLC said, "We are making it a point to work hand in hand with the production companies and the parents to establish any additional filming guidelines for the productions that may be appropriate to promote the best interests of the children and to minimize disruption to the families' lives.""

TLC is as delusional as JB. How does anyone think that camera, boom mikes and whole crews in your house is normal and not disruptive to the families' lives?

I'm surpised they haven't gone vintage and sold seats to heaven like the evangelists did in the 70s and 80s. I mean put a slight new spin on and get into the hearts of the elderly sell cds and dvds Ala rodreguez style and offer you're self up for religious revivals to save the masses locally. I'm sure they could get enough of a following with the leg humpers to make some decent cash... I mean how wouldn't want to be baptised by ol dib-bob himself!

Archived