IGNORED

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel

luv2laugh

Someone I know from high school is a leghumper and she said something on Facebook about how it would be "worth the $16" for her to go see one of Jessa's appearances in her neck of the woods, so I can't imagine Jessa's pulling in $10K. At that price, you'd need 625 attendees and that's just for her salary and not the venue, staff, etc.

The Southern Shows bring in a lot more attendees than that, from what I can tell:

Southern Shows owns and produces 19 separate shows annually

in 11 different markets throughout the South and Midwest; the

combined shows attract approximately 10,000 exhibitors and more

than 600,000 attendees every year*.

If Jessa appears at four shows, that's a good 100k or 125k people who have a chance to see her. No way to know how many of those folks would actually stop in to see what Jessa has to say.

*Source: southernshows.com/downloads/Southern%20Shows%20LR.pdf

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JimBob has almost THIRTY mouths to feed, counting Josh's family. His alleged "shit ton" of $$ is going to start disappearing real fast, even if he has a decent stream of investment income (cell phone towers, rents, etc.).

Found this article about the average $$ paid to private landowners for cell tower space...not a way to get rich, for sure:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/loca ... g-/142154/

I despise every Duggar, and I will never give them a penny, but this is really low, IMO. You Tube? LOLOL. They were " stars in their own minds" for 10 years, now they are disgraced, off the air because their son molested his sisters and an unrelated young girl.

Duggars- What goes around, comes around. Karma is a BITCH!

Wonder what JB will try next? Put the girls of marrying age on one of those " Date a Millionaire" sites and hope they each snag a rich dude?

Start a fake " mission" project and grift money, then never go anywhere or minister to anyone?

Maybe a health crisis of monumental proportions can be faked? They'll need a good liar AND some better medical knowledge before it could work.

IDK a whole lot about " grifting for Jesus" but this episode of Frasier is a truly genius screenplay about the LONG CON by Michael Keaton playing a man who's " found the truth": http://www.frasieronline.co.uk/episodeg ... 9/ep15.htm

Well worth watching on Netflix streaming video or Amazon Prime if you have them. Could also be on YT, IDK.

As to Jessa's fee. She is only answering questions and signing autographs. She doesn't appear to be speaking. I can't see her being worth $10,000 for a one hour appearance, can you? Even with Ben at her side I doubt she could command that kind of money.

The following is from the description on the Southern Women's Show website for Charlotte NC:

"Jessa Duggar Seewald from TLC's 19 Kids and Counting will be appearing on Saturday, August 29th on the Fashion and Entertainment Stage. Jessa recently wrote a book with 3 of her sisters – Growing Up Duggar: It’s All about Relationships. Jessa and Ben Seewald’s wedding aired on a recent episode of “19 Kids and Countingâ€. The couple recently announced that they are pregnant with their first child. Guests are welcome to ask Jessa questions on her wedding details, life as a newlywed, her pregnancy and how she is preparing to be a first time mom when she appears on stage. After Jessa appears on stage, she will greet guests, sign autographs and take photos."

The Southern Shows bring in a lot more attendees than that, from what I can tell:

If Jessa appears at four shows, that's a good 100k or 125k people who have a chance to see her. No way to know how many of those folks would actually stop in to see what Jessa has to say.

*Source: southernshows.com/downloads/Southern%20Shows%20LR.pdf

I have a friend who was a Miss ( state pageant winner) for Miss America, and she's traveled with either this organization or one just like it. Then she married someone fabulously wealthy and stayed home. Ha.

Jessa is even on the calendar for 2016. Is that accurate or do they just not have any "special guests" lined up that far in advance? Some hair stylist dude and a cook of minor reputation is about all I see in 2016.

Hucksters. Jessa is now a huskster.

Oh, and the comment about what amount of money she would be making with Ben there? IF I was insanely bored enough to go to one of these " pay us money so we can hawk our wares" shows, I'd pay MORE not to ever, ever see Ben Seewald.

It would only be leg humpers paying to see the boring , non-gifted speaker that is Jessa. I would only pay to Jill and her collection of ugly headbands.

Wait...hold up. Am I missing something here, or did the Duggars take everything down related to this grift? I went searching everywhere...their Youtube, their FB page, their website, and this is nowhere to be found. It's not even in the news when I type in their name on Google.

The Duggars never had major endorsements. I think the only endorsements they had were College Minus and that Christian version of the Farmville. I agree, I don't think they ever made more than 20k per speaking event. I agree, they had limited venues and I think in the past, megachurches and others passed up on hiring them because they knew the Duggars were hardcore fundies.

With Jessa and speaking fees, I don't think she would be worth 10k per hour. But we can't forget,that Boob and Mullet, are probably teaching her how to milk as much as she can from appearances. She could be making less than 10k per event for those upcoming shows.

Jessa is an awkward situation, if she wants to make money from appearances and speaking gigs. She is a 20 something fundie girl, withno marketability, to mainstream audiences. Back in the early 2000s, several cast members from MTV's Real World, did college speaking gigs ,and one of them, claimed she made enough from speaking gigs to buy a house. It was easy to see why ex Real World cast members were making money from college speaking gigs. Jessa can't market herself to colleges, unless they are fundie type colleges. She probably wouldn't relate at all to people on those campuses.

I can also see Jessa and Ben trying to score speaking gigs at Christian marriage and relationship conferences. They would be naive enough to think they could do those kinds of speaking gigs. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben has been looking around for speaking gigs and could be begging for gigs. At some point, Jessa and Ben will have to learn support themselves without speaking gigs.

I don't know what other people's financial situation is -- but it sounds to me like Ben and Jessa are doing extremely well for themselves financially. Obviously they can't rely on speaking gigs as their sole source of income indefinitely. But if they branch out to include their own YouTube channel with regular content ( do they do this already ?) , maybe have a monetized blog, develop some sort of Internet preacher following -- they could keep this going as a career that would support their family.

Currently, even if they get less than $10 k ( which I doubt - I think people here think her draw is more confined to fundies than is actually true ) , and it's their only source of income :

-- say $8,000 an appearance and only one appearance a month - that's close to $100,000 a year for working very, very little. More than the one day of the engagement of course -- lots of time on social media to keep up a following, some prep and travel time -- but come on. Seriously. Are there really many people here who could honestly say they would need more if they lived in Arkansas , particularly in a rent free/ incredibly cheap rent housing situation?

If you add in their other income generators - interviews, the documentary, even physical labor side jobs Ben might do -- they are probably closer to $150k .

I lived in an incredibly expensive area and had a large family - and still managed to get by on far less than that. And went to college and worked in the same professional field full time for 15 years AND had a husband who worked full- time and still - less $$$ than these two kids. :shock:

It's a brave new world, and virtual popularity seems to be the key to making money.

The Duggars should have more Bible time and read the passages about greed.

The Duggars should have more Bible time and read the passages about greed.

The only Bible they care about is the KJBV - King Jim-Bob Version. No mention of greed or loving your fellow man (that would be everyone, not just ultra fundies) in his bible.

Wait...hold up. Am I missing something here, or did the Duggars take everything down related to this grift? I went searching everywhere...their Youtube, their FB page, their website, and this is nowhere to be found. It's not even in the news when I type in their name on Google.

I can find some articles about it, but the actual info they seem to have pulled. I guess someone clued them into the idea that they probably shouldn't go around begging for money to buy stuff when they have built a brand around "buy used, save the difference."

I can find some articles about it, but the actual info they seem to have pulled. I guess someone clued them into the idea that they probably shouldn't go around begging for money to buy stuff when they have built a brand around "buy used, save the difference."

It's there. If you go to Duggar Studios on youtube and see the list of videos, on the right is a box that says

Support this channel

Help Duggar Studios make more fresh quality content. Every contribution is helpful, big or small.

When you click on it, the begging page comes up.

Click on the basketball video page for some comments about grifting and begging while millionaires and "go get jobs!". (I didn't look at any of the other lame videos).

If the howlers from Josiah, the twins etc want to make videos, fine. JB must have cut off allowances to pay for such shenanigans. I'm back to, go get a job. Not one from dear old Dad but a real one.

Josiah - you are courting. trolling for youtube sponsorship handouts isn't going to put a roof over the head of you and the future wife. Go ask Brother Ben about being an unemployed teen with a knocked up wife and having to rely on handouts from parents and speaking engagements plus pass the hat to feed the kid.

So in other news, today is Tuesday. :roll:

The Duggars are grifting. Must be Tuesday. (Sorry, reminded me of BtVS.)

I'm honestly surprised they haven't started DuggarPAC. Their fans aren't terribly bright, so they'd be fine with them only donating 3-5% of the proceeds towards political candidates and using the rest to support the Duggars lifestyle.

Dammit! How can I get rid of my conscience so I can grift my way through life? :lol:

I think there are enough leghumpers to fund the Duggar lifestyle for the immediate future, but without a mainstream TV show and regular media promotion, their attention (and money) will soon go towards the next Christian hotness. Meanwhile, the Duggar offspring keep multiplying, despite a conspicuous lack of money, education, or common sense. Maybe they were frugal pre-TLC, but their current lifestyle of disposable dishes/silverware, huge gas guzzling vehicles, pre-packaged food, hairspray, giant house and land upkeep, etc. would be shockingly wasteful even if the Duggar family consisted only of 4-6 people. With 30+ people to support and more on the way, the JB might as well be burning $100 bills in the grill. Maybe Jill, Jessa, and their respective headships can have some speaking engagements in the near future, but once again, without the show they're just a couple of ignorant, dull, twenty-somethings who don't use birth control, and there's nothing special about that. Being a "former reality star" can only take you so far, especially if your show has been off the air for a number of years and everyone has moved on. I expect the whole family to be living in poverty by the end of the decade unless they make some major ideological and economic changes.

I think there are enough leghumpers to fund the Duggar lifestyle for the immediate future, but without a mainstream TV show and regular media promotion, their attention (and money) will soon go towards the next Christian hotness. Meanwhile, the Duggar offspring keep multiplying, despite a conspicuous lack of money, education, or common sense. Maybe they were frugal pre-TLC, but their current lifestyle of disposable dishes/silverware, huge gas guzzling vehicles, pre-packaged food, hairspray, giant house and land upkeep, etc. would be shockingly wasteful even if the Duggar family consisted only of 4-6 people. With 30+ people to support and more on the way, the JB might as well be burning $100 bills in the grill. Maybe Jill, Jessa, and their respective headships can have some speaking engagements in the near future, but once again, without the show they're just a couple of ignorant, dull, twenty-somethings who don't use birth control, and there's nothing special about that. Being a "former reality star" can only take you so far, especially if your show has been off the air for a number of years and everyone has moved on. I expect the whole family to be living in poverty by the end of the decade unless they make some major ideological and economic changes.

Agree. They may see an immediate influx of people who want to show them evil libruls that you can't keep a good Christian family down, but a shiny new object to distract the humpers will be around in a week or two and the Duggars will fade away despite their best efforts.

And with no show the speaking circuit will probably dry up first, even in fundie circles. I can see Boob pushing the internet stuff as far as he can, but ultimately it won't be enough to support everyone and he and the missus will always come first. Leave and cleave, kiddos. Everyone from James on up is old enough to get some kind of paying work, especially as schooling isn't the Duggars' thing.

Perhaps Chick-Fil-A or Hobby Lobby is hiring.

But they're not ATI or IFB, so working for CFA or HL would probably be considered "working for an outsider."

The problem is that the Duggars think they are too smart and talented to work for anyone else or do what they perceive to be menial work. Josh only got to work with the hate group because it was seen as prestigious and I am sure he had delusions of one day becoming a politician. This is a family that thinks education not necessary to get ahead. By education I mean even a halfway decent high school one. They just think thu are better. Look at how Jill did not seem happy that Derrick was working away from home. These people think the rules do not apply to them. Look at Ben, the show is gone, his wife is pregnant and he seems to have no desire to be anything other than Jim Bob's bitch. I fear the Duggars kids will not realize how bad the situation is until it's too late and they are hitting poverty level.

Chick-Fil-A would be a good fit for Jinger - she can slip those stupid dollar things she apparently loves harassing people with into the bags before giving them to the customer. Buy a meal, get your soul saved for free! :nenner:

Hobby Lobby or Chick Fil A would make room for a Duggar even if they weren't hiring. There is no reason why any of the Duggars can't go out and get a job working there. I doubt they will though, they seem to enjoy being in the limelight more. I can even see them hiring Josh Duggar too. If Josh doesn't apply there to work at one of their retail stores maybe he will try to work at one of their corporate centers or headquarters.

I totally agree with you, they need to accept reality and start making viable plans for their future that don't include grifting.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant that I'm suprised that they didn't set up a PAC a few years ago in order to take advantage of the money that can be easily funneled into their bank accounts. Having that already in place, would have bought them a little more time.

For example, Sarah Palin set her PAC up in 2009, and according to the most recent reports, she's now reached the point where she's spending more in a reporting period than her fans are donating. The amount she actually donates to candidates is miniscule, so I truly don't understand why anyone would send her money in the first place. I'm honestly wondering if she's going to make a half-hearted attempt at running for POTUS, and then quit in a few weeks just to get her fans donating again.

The way I understand it, she can't access SarahPAC money if she announces because of campaign finance rules, but if she announces and then quits a short time later, she can regain access to SarahPAC funds. A short run that ends with her blaming the usual suspects for her own failures would put off the inevitable, but she really needs to figure out what she's going to do now that her deals with FOX, the Sportsman Channel, and her internet show are over.

Televangelist? Infomercial hostess? Selling wigs and tacky accessories on one of the shopping channels? Time will tell... :lol:

I have some advise for jimboob if he realy wants the cash flowing again (sit still and read JB):

You can come up with the story that you where praying and praying and praying to jesus on how to move on and jesus came to you telling you that ATI/gothard where the satans that where misleading you and your family. You can do shows with all your family crying about how they where mislead and how it damaged the family. Show josh crying over the childhood that was taken away from him and how the devil did this to them.

Then you could go on with the show showing your children how they explore the (okay, funie lite) world. Show jessa in the louvre or something giggling over the statues.

Hell he could even say that mother mary herself showed herself before him :cracking-up:

Dear (not so dear) JB, there is a way out, you just have to throw ATI under the bus

Well, this was my advise and it is free, cheapskate :wink-kitty:

First of all, excellent song Jennifer Juniper. Second, someone please create a Shake It Off parody about how grifeters gonna grift, grift, grift, grift, grift.. Instead of shake it off, "grift it all"

Ask, and you shall receive. Rhymes and tempo are a bit loose, but...

I get up too late

Got Jesus on the brain

That's what people say

That's what people say

I go to home-church way too much

These long skirts are insane

At least that's what people say

That's what people say

But I keep praying

Can't stop, won't stop grifting

It's like I got this plan

In my mind, I think it's gonna be alright

Cause the humpers gonna hump, hump, hump

And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate

Jesus I'm just gonna grift, grift, grift

Grift it all, all for You

Missionaries gonna save, save, save

And the donors gonna tithe, tithe, tithe

I never miss a verse

When I'm praying on my knees

And that's what they all see

That's what they all see

I'm driving my RV

I make the stops up as I go

And that's what they don't know

That's what they don't know

So I keep cruising

Can't stop, won't stop schmoozing

It's like I got this plan

In my mind, I think it's gonna be alright

Hey, hey, hey

Just think, while you’ve been talking about abortions and babies and all that

And preaching your indignant nonsense

You could have been grifting at this revival

My preacher brought a new convert

They’re like “O, my God!â€

So I'm just gonna grift

And to the family over there with the eleventy kids

Won't you give a little, y’all, you could support our ministry

Grift it all

Grift it all

Grift it all

Grift it all

It's still there. Go to YouTube, then search "duggar studios" then go to the "about" section on their channel.

Archived