IGNORED

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel

luv2laugh

Their parenting is such a weird, contradictory hodge- podge of mixed messages. On the one hand every teeny, tiny misstep or defiance or divergent action or even preference of personal taste ( toddlers refusing food) or curiousity ( the dreaded blanket training) is seen as sinful and worthy of punishment. On the other hand they seem to also be giving them the message that they are better than everyone at everything. Regardless of any training or practice or talent. Anything they try their hand at will be exceptional.

So they must be just an absolute mess inside. Anxiety ridden and walking on egg- shells and filled with guilt - while being the kings of the world guareenteed success. So chaotic. I wasn't the best at consistency, I admit. But Damn! What a mess! :?

And leave and cleave and you are better then the rest because our way is the best, except you've been isolated and limited to the level of an average 10 yo...you're responsible for doing your parents' chores from the age of 5, but are given the freedoms and decision making choices of a 3yo...until you are married.

One of the biggest contradictions ever, JB "allowing" Jessa to marry 19yo, unemployed Ben. Seriously folks, what kind of message did that send?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And leave and cleave and you are better then the rest because our way is the best, except you've been isolated and limited to the level of an average 10 yo...you're responsible for doing your parents' chores from the age of 5, but are given the freedoms and decision making choices of a 3yo...until you are married.

One of the biggest contradictions ever, JB "allowing" Jessa to marry 19yo, unemployed Ben. Seriously folks, what kind of message did that send?

Here in the bible belt the message is we love god more then anything and everyone. To me growing up there I was, even as a child, confused. They told me that jesus loved everyone, he saved sinners, hookers, thieves and I was told he has a big heart. In the mean time I was told I was fake because I was not baptized, I wasn't going to be saved (I learnt that as a 6 year old) I was not worth enough to save. It is a fucked up world to grow up in as a child, at least for me.

They say the bible is the truth, but they didn't tell me about the convention in rome that lead to that same bible.

They jesus is love and god is forgiveness, but at the same time they themselves say that people should go to hell.

Sometimes when I read here adn see the duggars or other fundies I still get confused not to say hurt, brings back a lot off memories........... :(

This is beyond insane,it's obscene.

I'd hope that even the leghumpers would want a better quality edit/filming then we've seen to date (e.g. Muffin and Derek's departure and that painful anniversary clip).

Why is it that Boob and Mullet think their uneducated/untrained children have skills?

First of all, I am not sure what "better quality" means to them. Having the most recent editing equipment means nothing if your content is trash and/or you don't have the eye to edit. Are they planning on getting others (with skills) to write? Direct? Act?

Because you know what, Duggars?? You ARE NOT ACTORS. If IMDB credits you as "Self," you are not acting.

This is a HUGE pet peeve as someone who seriously studied and pursued acting (and even got PAID).

Their parenting is such a weird, contradictory hodge- podge of mixed messages. On the one hand every teeny, tiny misstep or defiance or divergent action or even preference of personal taste ( toddlers refusing food) or curiousity ( the dreaded blanket training) is seen as sinful and worthy of punishment. On the other hand they seem to also be giving them the message that they are better than everyone at everything. Regardless of any training or practice or talent. Anything they try their hand at will be exceptional.

This is something that has always annoyed me about the Duggars. Dim-Boob has the idea that it is possible to learn how to do something just by hanging around with someone who genuinely knows how to do it. Maybe, at some vague, Dim-Boobish level, he thinks that expertise and skills are acquired via osmosis, but just being within the aura of a skilled person.

But more likely, he just has so little respect for formal education that he thinks it unnecessary ever to enroll in a real school. From the Duggars' point of view, apparently, one can teach oneself graphic design, photography, book-writing, film-making, political office-holding, and a huge variety of construction and renovation skills. And one can be an expert on marriage just by being married--in some cases for less than a year.

I wonder if they have any idea how hard people must study and work in order to become physicians, lawyers, veterinarians, or scientists? Surely if they gave it any thought at all, they would recognize that formal education is necessary for all kinds of essential social functions.

But then, none of the Duggars ever think.

Off topic: according to the Duggar Family Blog (run by leghumpers) the Duggars went to an indoor trampoline park recently. Jenni is looking pissed off, as usual, in the group photo. Jordyn is more ambivalent than anything.

Someone please get Jenni out of there. She is bored of all this shitshow.

OH LORD... TLC has forsaken them, and now it's my job to fill those hungry Duggar tummies and pay their iPhone bills. I don't know how I'll be able to do it, but.... it's my responsibility to support this lovely family so they can continue their lifestyle as if nothing ever happened.

Here they are.. won't you please help me feed and clothe these unfortunates?

support%2Bthe%2BDuggars.png

Where did you find this pic? Was it made by fans or Duggars? Pretty amazing.

That trampoline park pic was interesting, too. Josiah weirdly tense with JB's hand on his shoulder, and poor Jenni looking even more over it all than before.

I found this on another thread: starmagazine.com/2014/07/14/kardashian-vs-duggar-families-comparisons-family-feud/

Interestingly, Star put the Duggars networth at 3.5 million. Not bad at all (shoot, especially compared to my net worth), but far from enormous wealth. Certainly a LONG ways from the $25 million/year that another outlet valued them/their brand, which was obviously an over-inflated sum.

Seriously, though, what are JB's monthly expenses for that giant brood? Basic living, with utilities and food and insurance, would already be astronomical, and then throw in all the toys (planes, cars, tech) and their associated costs...

My brain starts to break down when contemplating such exorbitant numbers; I cannot fathom having that many dependents -- especially as educationally stunted as they are, given JB and M's deliberate parenting techniques. I have no idea how a trained accountant married into that clan.

Well, at least they aren't doing anything illegal and nobody is forced to donate anything.

However, from an ethical standpoint, this is despicable. Yes, they may have big expenses, but they are also wealthy. And if they would be willing to soften up some Gothard-cult rules, the children would be able to provide for themselves in the long run.

The Duggars are probably much better off than most leghumpers who donate money. Ripping off people who have way less than they have is again a great example of their outstanding Christian values.

I tend to think that the $3.5 million estimate Star Magazine gave is correct. Reality tv stars, outside of the Kardashians, don't tend to make tens of millions of dollars. That's why they, like the Kardashians obtain endorsement deals to make money while they can. $3.5 million is a lot of money, but it goes farther for a family of 4 than a family of 30. It's not enough to support them all indefinitely. Prices will rise while their income level and savings account plummets. What will they do when the new scandal free fundy family freak show hits town? What little speaking engagements they have left will be gone.

I tend to think that the $3.5 million estimate Star Magazine gave is correct. Reality tv stars, outside of the Kardashians, don't tend to make tens of millions of dollars. That's why they, like the Kardashians obtain endorsement deals to make money while they can. $3.5 million is a lot of money, but it goes farther for a family of 4 than a family of 30. It's not enough to support them all indefinitely. Prices will rise while their income level and savings account plummets. What will they do when the new scandal free fundy family freak show hits town? What little speaking engagements they have left will be gone.

What I wonder about is whether Dim-Boob would have had the smarts to invest his money well, when the family was earning it. Did they spend it all, or did they save? If they saved, did they get guidance in where to put the money, or did they just dump it into a savings account? Around where I live, ordinary savings accounts pay less than 1% interest--not nearly enough earnings to live on and support so many children, children-in-law, grandchildren, etc, even if their current value is $3.5 million.

Smart investing takes intelligence, knowledge, and skills, most of which I assume Dim-Boob does not have. Would he have hired a financial advisor? If so, how would he know how to choose a good one? Would he merely hire someone who is "godly", and whose chief qualification is sharing Dim-Boob's religious beliefs?

Would he be able to recognize when a financial advisor is doing a good job--or is not? I think that financial advisors really vary in terms of their ability to grow a client's wealth. They also really vary in terms of how much they charge, and how they arrive at their fees.

JB's behavior provides no assurance that he has the smarts to figure all this out. So, even though I am quite willing to believe that the Duggar family firm has earned a lot of money over the years, I am less sure that they have handled it well and can use it to support themselves through what will certainly be much leaner times.

What I wonder about is whether Dim-Boob would have had the smarts to invest his money well, when the family was earning it. Did they spend it all, or did they save? If they saved, did they get guidance in where to put the money, or did they just dump it into a savings account? Around where I live, ordinary savings accounts pay less than 1% interest--not nearly enough earnings to live on and support so many children, children-in-law, grandchildren, etc, even if their current value is $3.5 million.

Smart investing takes intelligence, knowledge, and skills, most of which I assume Dim-Boob does not have. Would he have hired a financial advisor? If so, how would he know how to choose a good one? Would he merely hire someone who is "godly", and whose chief qualification is sharing Dim-Boob's religious beliefs?

Would he be able to recognize when a financial advisor is doing a good job--or is not? I think that financial advisors really vary in terms of their ability to grow a client's wealth. They also really vary in terms of how much they charge, and how they arrive at their fees.

JB's behavior provides no assurance that he has the smarts to figure all this out. So, even though I am quite willing to believe that the Duggar family firm has earned a lot of money over the years, I am less sure that they have handled it well and can use it to support themselves through what will certainly be much leaner times.

I agree. My hubs and I are almost 10 years older than the Duggars and while I recently retired, my hubs is still working. And while we do have an active financial advisor, my hub's spends lots and lots of time studying and researching and talking about financials, investments...what move is right and what time.

JB does not seem to possess either the brains or the tenacity to be an astute manager of large sums of money.

Heck my own kids, spend a great deal of time on their investments and they are in their 20s...when they were both home visiting last month, I was amazed at the advice my 25 yo was giving his 28 sister. Neither one of my kids works in finance.

The Duggars have had a revocable living trust since 1995. They're getting good financial advice from someone.

The Duggars have had a revocable living trust since 1995. They're getting good financial advice from someone.

I looked up "revocable living trust" and found this meaning:

"a popular estate planning tool that you can use to determine who will get your property when you die."

Even if the Duggars have, with this tool, determined who will get their property, I don't think it necessarily shows that they are getting good financial advice. It just shows that someone advised them to think about who would get their property when they die.

Is there something I'm not understanding about this?

"a popular estate planning tool that you can use to determine who will get your property when you die."

Even if the Duggars have, with this tool, determined who will get their property, I don't think it necessarily shows that they are getting good financial advice. It just shows that someone advised them to think about who would get their property when they die.

Nah, this is pretty SOP -

I'm wondering if I'm missing something as well. Living trusts are fairly common in my area because farmland is kept in them. This keeps the next generation from getting hosed on inheritance taxes. It doesn't help anything else from what I know.

My thought process is that they would put lump sums of cash in the trust and invest it--this is what happens at the financial planner my relative works at. Wise investment means you can earn interest without touching the principal. But I probably don't think like a Duggar. :lol:

My thought process is that they would put lump sums of cash in the trust and invest it--this is what happens at the financial planner my relative works at. Wise investment means you can earn interest without touching the principal. But I probably don't think like a Duggar. :lol:

Do you think any of the adult kids were separately paid by TLC?

I wonder if one of the older boys wanted to intern or shadow with someone from the old crew if the Jimbob or TLC would allow it. It would be unpaid, but an innocent Duggar who wasn't part of the scandal could get some experience..... I don't know I do feel bad for the kids and their futures. I see this family being drained of a lot of money and resources soon.

I wonder if one of the older boys wanted to intern or shadow with someone from the old crew if the Jimbob or TLC would allow it. It would be unpaid, but an innocent Duggar who wasn't part of the scandal could get some experience..... I don't know I do feel bad for the kids and their futures. I see this family being drained of a lot of money and resources soon.

Why can't they work for it like everyone else, greycat? They have freeloaded long enough already. I am surprised the gravy train went on as long as it did. They had a good run; i't's over. Now they can go work like everyone else does.

They could have interned under Jim the sound guy. IIRC, the Duggars had some strict terms regarding crew members.I also vaguely recall that at one point, Josh started or tried to start some kind of production company in 2011 or 2012. I also remember Josh being buddies on IG or twitter with a few crew members.

Why can't they work for it like everyone else, greycat? They have freeloaded long enough already. I am surprised the gravy train went on as long as it did. They had a good run; i't's over. Now they can go work like everyone else does.

The kids worked and JB prospered from it.

HE needs to pony up the money earned.

Oh I 100% agree. Every Duggar 16 + should be seeking employment. (16 is about the time a person can get a GED right?) I thought if one got to at least intern or something then they had a better chance at getting a job or get into and be able to support themselves, because like their older siblings I can't see them be given houses and jobs.

I was just trying to get across that they need to prepare the younger kids that they will have to support themsevelves one day and not rely on the old nonexisitant gravy train. Sorry if I sounded like I support them because I really really really dont!! :)

The kids worked and JB prospered from it.

HE needs to pony up the money earned.

OMG if after all these years those kids had to be on that show and each kids doesn't have some money from it that is sick.

Archived