IGNORED

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel

luv2laugh

This is just insane. They are millionaires and are begging for cash on their Duggar Studios site. I can't believe it! They are turning into the Rodrigues family now but the Duggars are worse because they actually ARE millionaires...

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/duggar-sex-abuse-scandal-christian-clan-begging-fans-for-cash-after-cancelation

"Support this channel

Help Duggar Studios make more fresh quality content. Every contribution is helpful, big or small."

grifting.JPG

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is just insane. They are millionaires and are begging for cash on their Duggar Studios site. I can't believe it!

radaronline.com/celebrity-news/duggar-sex-abuse-scandal-christian-clan-begging-fans-for-cash-after-cancelation

I am not surprised really. I guess they figure that there will always be leghumpers who are mad at TLC for cancelling and willing to contribute to keep their "show" going in some form.

Chutzpah with a capital "C" though.

You'll notice that the boys are featured on the picture. This venture is probably how Josiah is going to support Marjorie... poor girl.

I guess it goes to show just how much of their income came from TLC that they're resorting to this. They're millionaires, but I don't think they have so many millions that they can maintain their current quality of life for more than a few years without a regular income. No show also means no freebies...in addition to their $40,000 per episode, TLC pays for everything that they film. Trips, meals, home improvement projects, they probably even paid for the clothes they buy on filmed shopping trips.

I guess we know how the Howlers are being employed now...is this how Josiah plans to support a family if he marries Marjorie?

SERIOUSLY DUGGARS! YOU HAVE SHIT TONS OF

MONEY, STOP GRIFTING OFF OF FANS WHO HAVE A FRACTION OF THE WEALTH YOU DO.

But I guess DimBoob needs lots of money if he plans on paying all of his sons and son-in-laws (and any future son-in laws) salaries. Now the question is if he will pay a high enough salary for everyone to live comfortably or if he will do a cheap Wal-Mart style thing where he rolls around in a pool of money and pays his "employees" a very low salary.

leghumpers will pore in the cash. but how is this living debt free not taking handouts? seems they don't understand working for a living.

So this is basically rich people asking others to pay for their kids' hobby?

They probably have the money, but why bother paying for it when they can always get others to pay?

This is beyond insane,it's obscene.

I'd hope that even the leghumpers would want a better quality edit/filming then we've seen to date (e.g. Muffin and Derek's departure and that painful anniversary clip).

Why is it that Boob and Mullet think their uneducated/untrained children have skills?

Sorry, my donations go to things that actually help people - such as sponsoring children in dirt poor foreign countries where medical help, school and shoes make all the difference in the world. Donating to a family of grifters is not on the list. Go get a flipping job.

T

Why is it that Boob and Mullet think their uneducated/untrained children have skills?

because they raised them right and did a super job at home education and all. no one is better then a dugger.

I am almost, almost, embarrassed for them. They have no idea how bad this looks to the outside world. Talk about not being able to read a room. This is like those athletes that complain how hard it is to live on 10 million a year, except the athletes have talent and actually work hard for their money.

The Duggars were boring when TLC was filming them. They will be even more boring now without TLC manufacturing the episodes. Even what little money they raise isn't going to go into planning whatever videos they put up. They already have a video camera so what else do they need? Jim Bob isn't putting out any money he receives on this hobby.

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel?

Well, of course they are!

Grifters gonna grift.

I am almost, almost, embarrassed for them. They have no idea how bad this looks to the outside world.

thats what happens when you are blinded by the light of your own halo.

What vile, disgusting people. I always thought there was something, bordering upon, sinister about Michelle and Jim Bob, now I am convinced they are pure evil.

What vile, disgusting people. I always thought there was something, bordering upon, sinister about Michelle and Jim Bob, now I am convinced they are pure evil.
but it is a missionary so they'll should gets donations

With little Seewald on the way, JimBob has almost THIRTY mouths to feed, counting Josh's family. His alleged "shit ton" of $$ is going to start disappearing real fast, even if he has a decent stream of investment income (cell phone towers, rents, etc.).

According to the US Federal Poverty guidelines, you need over $120,000 per year to keep that number of people just at the poverty level: http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/15poverty.cfm

And as Lascuba points out, it isn't just the TLC paycheck, its all the TLC freebies that are gone--the flights, the green room meals, the photo shoot clothes, the vacations.

JD may have some sort of income, but I don't know if it is enough to make a profit after he pays for his $100 an hour hobby of flying.

The idiots who run the Duggar Family Blog are still saying "Have You Signed The Petition??"

Seriously, get the hell over it. It's not coming back. 2.3 million viewers an episode is NOTHING. That's less than 1% of the population.

May I suggest "Begging for $$ on YouTube' as a post count title.

I am almost, almost, embarrassed for them. They have no idea how bad this looks to the outside world. Talk about not being able to read a room. This is like those athletes that complain how hard it is to live on 10 million a year, except the athletes have talent and actually work hard for their money.

The Duggars were boring when TLC was filming them. They will be even more boring now without TLC manufacturing the episodes. Even what little money they raise isn't going to go into planning whatever videos they put up. They already have a video camera so what else do they need? Jim Bob isn't putting out any money he receives on this hobby.

It's amazing, isn't it?. As bad as they were with TLC, the fact that the Duggars have handled the post-scandal aftermath so poorly shows that TLC's PR people had them on a pretty short leash. This reminds me of Tom Cruise. He was basically America's male sweetheart for years, then he fires his long-time publicist and hires his sister to replace her, and all of a sudden we get couch jumping, Brooke Shields dissing, psychiatry is evil-ing, "Matt, you're glib"ing Tom Cruise all over the place and we realize the dude's completely batshit.

I don't know how reliable this site is "Parent Herald" however they state that they might have made $25M per yr due to their show, now it is all gone "puff". Let's look at the numbers after taxes they probably had $12+ 21 members of the core family plus Anna 3 kids, then 2 SIL that is a total of 27 people that would mean if they all received equal shares each person would receive about $450K. To me that is a lot of money for doing nothing. JimBob :music-tool: on paper you were a good PIMP, what did you blow the money on? We know it was not on an education for your children. No tears shaded for you and your family from this person.

http://www.parentherald.com/articles/82 ... ily-25.htm

This is just embarrassing. They're not producing ground breaking content here. They basically want more expensive equipment and daddy doesn't want to pay for it.

Is second hand embarrassment for the Duggar children a good reason to get a user name change? lol

They are so freaking clueless.

And the most ridiculous thing is that they shouldn't even NEED money, despite no longer getting that big fat TLC pay cheque. If they practiced what they preached and are debt free, and value modesty, humility, and simplicity, they should be able to adjust their lifestyle accordingly and do just fine. HA! :roll:

If Jim Bob can afford to give his kids houses, he could afford to pay for their education instead. That education might give some of them a nice, debt-free start on life, and allow them to pay for their own modest accommodations. There's no real reason they'd have to delay marriage and childbearing to go to school, either - sure, it's tough to balance family life and an education, but many people do it.

The Duggars are lazy. Terribly lazy. And honestly, I get it. I'm a pretty lazy person myself - or rather, I don't really like working unless it's something I find interesting. TOUGH LUCK! That's life. Unless you've inherited millions, you have to work to live. And even then, if you're truly a Christian you should be looking for ways to use your wealth for good, looking for ways you can give back to the community and help those less fortunate. Not wasting time on ridiculous Youtube videos and begging for money from people who are in all likelihood worse off financially than you. The gall! /rant

The Duggars are lazy. Terribly lazy. And honestly, I get it. I'm a pretty lazy person myself - or rather, I don't really like working unless it's something I find interesting. TOUGH LUCK! That's life. Unless you've inherited millions, you have to work to live. And even then, if you're truly a Christian you should be looking for ways to use your wealth for good, looking for ways you can give back to the community and help those less fortunate. Not wasting time on ridiculous Youtube videos and begging for money from people who are in all likelihood worse off financially than you. The gall! /rant

:clap:

It definitely says something that the same family that actively stumps for a political party that overwhelmingly favors the "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps" mentality is resorting to such shameless grifting. What happened to "buy used and save the difference"?

They are so freaking clueless.

And the most ridiculous thing is that they shouldn't even NEED money, despite no longer getting that big fat TLC pay cheque. If they practiced what they preached and are debt free, and value modesty, humility, and simplicity, they should be able to adjust their lifestyle accordingly and do just fine. HA! :roll:

If Jim Bob can afford to give his kids houses, he could afford to pay for their education instead. That education might give some of them a nice, debt-free start on life, and allow them to pay for their own modest accommodations. There's no real reason they'd have to delay marriage and childbearing to go to school, either - sure, it's tough to balance family life and an education, but many people do it.

The bolded exactly! Both my husband and I go to school AND work full-time jobs. We are waiting until I graduate before we have kids but he will still be going to school when we bring a little one home. It's tough but do able. I've been doing it for the last 3 years- AND I got married and moved out when I was 20 years old and started working full-time. Lazy is exactly right.

Archived