IGNORED

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel

luv2laugh

I was thinking of the new brand for the Duggars: "Fruits of the Vine".

The could merge their video efforts with the Ardnt's Vine Valley

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The could merge their video efforts with the Ardnt's Vine Valley

A nice thought, but the Arndts are really into quality production values whereas the Duggars are really just into grifting.

Most of the Arndt man-boys have real jobs. Self-employed or otherwise. The only Duggar man that seems employable is John-David. Maybe it's not too late for some of the younger kids to get a real education and develop real-world skills. But it's not looking good...

Great family planning there, Dim-Bulb.

Most of the Arndt man-boys have real jobs. Self-employed or otherwise. The only Duggar man that seems employable is John-David. Maybe it's not too late for some of the younger kids to get a real education and develop real-world skills. But it's not looking good...

Great family planning there, Dim-Bulb.

Perhaps some Duggarlings should be shipped to the Arndts as apprentices. Hope they like Legos.

Perhaps some Duggarlings should be shipped to the Arndts as apprentices. Hope they like Legos.

They should also be shipped there for SODRT - Cathy said that two of the older boys went to public high school for two years when she had to work and didn't have time to home school all of them. They both got straight As. She's obviously doing that right as well.

Once upon a time in the 1980's; Boob and Mullet were fairly normal people who had one child and went to work. They had drive and were conventional human beings.

So sad what has happened and all these kids who have no hope...

They live in a first world country. They hardly have "no hope."

They live in a first world country. They hardly have "no hope."

But "hope" requires walking away from the cult and family. So to them, it most likely feels like they have no hope. The way JB has structured this family, those kids truly have nothing...and they certainly know the drill.

But "hope" requires walking away from the cult and family. So to them, it most likely feels like they have no hope. The way JB has structured this family, those kids truly have nothing...and they certainly know the drill.

No. OUR hope for them revolves around them walking away from those elements. They can still very much be part of the cult and their family, yet find themselves work. There are even Gothard approved careers for women. Hell, if any of the girls went and became a cosmetologist, they'd make a descent amount of money. My friend is one here in CT. She works under someone else, so she doesn't get paid per client or anything like that (like she would if she just rented a chair at a salon). She makes enough to pay $1400 in rent, go on multiple vacations 2 week vacations, etc while only working 4 days a week (with one of them usually being Saturdays because she typically works one wedding a week).

The boys could very easily go to trade schools and learn valuable skills while also staying away from "bad influences" like real science classes. They could become licensed welders, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc. Those jobs are in high demand, especially now that many people in those fields are retiring and their roles aren't being filled by an incoming generation.

The Duggars could also put their land to use and actually use it to grow food for themselves and for profit. The only threat the landfill across the street would have on their property is with chemicals leaching into the ground water. They can very easily grow plants that don't have deep enough roots to reach the ground water supply. The Arkansas Geographical Survey says that most of the aquifers in the state are at least 100-200 feet below the surface.

There's a lot the Duggars can do while still remaining in their cult. They just need to get off their asses and actually do it.

Couldn't agree more with the above post. Show a bit of work ethic Duggars, for the love of Jeebus!!!

(Fine, I'll let John David off the hook on this one. And Jana, because I strongly suspect she's the hardest working person in the entire family to infinity and beyond. But the rest of them? WASTERS!!!)

:evil-eye:

No. OUR hope for them revolves around them walking away from those elements. They can still very much be part of the cult and their family, yet find themselves work. There are even Gothard approved careers for women. Hell, if any of the girls went and became a cosmetologist, they'd make a descent amount of money. My friend is one here in CT. She works under someone else, so she doesn't get paid per client or anything like that (like she would if she just rented a chair at a salon). She makes enough to pay $1400 in rent, go on multiple vacations 2 week vacations, etc while only working 4 days a week (with one of them usually being Saturdays because she typically works one wedding a week).

The boys could very easily go to trade schools and learn valuable skills while also staying away from "bad influences" like real science classes. They could become licensed welders, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, etc. Those jobs are in high demand, especially now that many people in those fields are retiring and their roles aren't being filled by an incoming generation.

The Duggars could also put their land to use and actually use it to grow food for themselves and for profit. The only threat the landfill across the street would have on their property is with chemicals leaching into the ground water. They can very easily grow plants that don't have deep enough roots to reach the ground water supply. The Arkansas Geographical Survey says that most of the aquifers in the state are at least 100-200 feet below the surface.

There's a lot the Duggars can do while still remaining in their cult. They just need to get off their asses and actually do it.

I disagree...maybe when the money starts to run dry JB will acquiesce and let them out of the house, without buddies to get educated and to work at a paying job. But at this point, there is nothing that has been shown that any of the kids, especially the girls, are allowed to become fully educated, employed and master of his or her own life and castle. JB gets to fly, but what does he fly? Who controls and pays for that hobby? Joe is in college. When Joe (or any of the others) has shown to follow through on education to the point of graduating and having a paying job, we can revisit this conversation, but this point, NO.

Sorry-

In order to "do" JB has to agree, support and allow- that's all part of the cult. Thus far, we have not seen it.

Do we know what Joe is studying? Is it ministry or some technical program that CC offered?

All I remember is right before he got sent to CC , he stumbled through an interview saying he wanted to do something like a carpenter.

The part of this that really makes me mad is that there are idiots who will give them money. They can ask and ask all they want, it makes them look horrible but if a bunch of morons wanted to give me free money, I'd take it! A fool and his money are soon parted and all that!

The part of this that really makes me mad is that there are idiots who will give them money. They can ask and ask all they want, it makes them look horrible but if a bunch of morons wanted to give me free money, I'd take it! A fool and his money are soon parted and all that!

They're white and christian. They need help supporting their lifestyle. But let it be a black couple doing this all hell would break loose.

I think a lot of folks would do the same thing. Myself included.

They're white and christian. They need help supporting their lifestyle. But let it be a black couple doing this all hell would break loose.

I don't see how race has anything to do with it. :roll:

I can only speak for myself obviously, but if I saw a black family doing this I'd also think "ooh tacky, but more power to you! bilk the idiots!"

Sadly, race can play a part. If the Duggars were a Muslim family instead of christian, there is no way in hell the mainstream people would like them so much.

Also, people do tend to be biased toward white people. A white person out of work is down on their luck, a black person in the same position is seen as a lazy grifter.

I don't see how race has anything to do with it. :roll:

Race and religion has everything to do with it. The duggars can get away with bs like this. All they have to so is claim jesus and use their white privilege. Then everything is alright. They can sir on their asses and be uneducated but still ask for handouts.

Race and religion has everything to do with it. The duggars can get away with bs like this. All they have to so is claim jesus and use their white privilege. Then everything is alright. They can sir on their asses and be uneducated but still ask for handouts.

I'm still not convinced, sorry. If the Duggars were black, Asian or Latino, I doubt the situation would be any different. It does come down to religion, of course. Are you saying that if they were black they wouldn't be getting the same handouts or have the same amount of leg-humpers? What specific benefits are they getting from being white?

If the Duggars weren't white and were begging for cash online and pimping out their 19 children to do so, then the reaction would be far different. Those white conservatives that support them now would be the first to cry "irresponsible" and "lazy" and "stop having kids you can't afford" and "get a goddamned job" would have gone apeshit at the news that they covered up one child molesting the others.

If the Duggars weren't "Christian" and were pandering their patriarchal, no education, all babies all the time, the man is always right lifestyle, then the conservative Christians that support them now would be the first to decry their "ungodly" and "backwards" ways and "crazy religious lifestyle" and plan to "subvert the government" by outbreeding everyone else. (I mean, seriously, is the Duggars' lifestyle really that different from that of the right-wing Islamic extremists that the conservative Christians are always calling to be bombed? I think not.)

The only reason the Duggars have ANY of the fanbase that they do is precisely because they're white and Christian. Full stop.

Somebody has a chip on their shoulder.

Remember when they first arrived on TLC they claimed that they had all those kids and never took a cent from anyone, never needed public assistance, and buy used and saved the difference? That is why they got slack and the majority of viewers gave them a pass for having so many kids. The main reason your average/occasional viewer thought they were full of it was because it was clear the j'slaves were raising the younger sibs and that seemed very unfair, even with them all acting like it was a great setup. I don't think it had anything to do with them being white over black or hispanic.

If the Duggars weren't white and were begging for cash online and pimping out their 19 children to do so, then the reaction would be far different. Those white conservatives that support them now would be the first to cry "irresponsible" and "lazy" and "stop having kids you can't afford" and "get a goddamned job" would have gone apeshit at the news that they covered up one child molesting the others.

If the Duggars weren't "Christian" and were pandering their patriarchal, no education, all babies all the time, the man is always right lifestyle, then the conservative Christians that support them now would be the first to decry their "ungodly" and "backwards" ways and "crazy religious lifestyle" and plan to "subvert the government" by outbreeding everyone else. (I mean, seriously, is the Duggars' lifestyle really that different from that of the right-wing Islamic extremists that the conservative Christians are always calling to be bombed? I think not.)

The only reason the Duggars have ANY of the fanbase that they do is precisely because they're white and Christian. Full stop.

I think that if the Duggars were Muslim, they would never have had a show, even if they were white because so many conservative Christians are so afraid of Muslims that they would complain. TLC did try a show about Muslims, and it was quickly cancelled because of the anti-Islamic backlash they received.

I agree that there is no way the Duggars (and Bates) would get away with their grifting lifestyle if they were anything but white fundamentalist Christians.

Especially the dubiously employed males over 16--like Ben.

The duggars are conservatives. So get your asses up and get real jobs. Stop asking for handouts. Stop being lazy. No one told you to reproduce like rabbits. If your breed em feed em

That would take them practicing what they preach.

I'm still not convinced, sorry. If the Duggars were black, Asian or Latino, I doubt the situation would be any different. It does come down to religion, of course. Are you saying that if they were black they wouldn't be getting the same handouts or have the same amount of leg-humpers? What specific benefits are they getting from being white?

Is this a serious question or are you a troll? Consider how society, both modern and dating back hundreds of years, have treated people based on the color of their skin. Consider the negative steretypes that exist about black people.

"What specific benefits are they getting from being white?" White privilege.

Archived