IGNORED

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel

luv2laugh

It was mentioned sometime back that TLC was making about 25 million dollars in ad revenue from 19kac. It could be that Parent Herald and other sites are confused and I think that the Duggars were actually making 25 mil off the show.

On the speaking engagement front, one site has Boob and Mullet listed at $7,500-$14,999 per event, another site has a listing of 10-20k. The Duggar family blog lists that Jessa will be speaking at 4 Southern Women's shows this fall. My guess is that Jessa is probably making about 10k per event. If Jessa is hoping to have some kind of speaking career, I don't think it will work out for her in the long run. Some mainstream Christian and Evangelical people and organizations are probably disgusted with the Duggars and won't hire a Duggar, even Jessa for an event. Outside of Christian and Southern events, Jessa doesn't have much of an audience. Many secular colleges and even some religious colleges wouldn't give her time of day for speaking gigs. Certain types of women's organizations and conferences, also wouldn't give her time of day. The only types of events that she might get hired for are homeschooling events and maybe occasional youth Christian conference events. Jessa still has to compete with other Christian speakers for gigs and some Christian speakers are more established and have had more life experiences than Jessa.

ETA: The Southern Women's shows. The Duggar family blog just had to point out that Ben will be at the events. I hope women flirt with him to piss off Jessa.

Saturday, August 29th, 2015

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald to answer questions, sign autographs, and take photos with guests

Southern Women's Show

Charlotte, North Carolina

Charlotte Convention Center, Hall A

Fashion and Entertainment Stage

Click here to purchase tickets online

Saturday, September 26th, 2015

Jessa (Duggar) Seewald to answer questions, sign autographs, and take photos with guests

Southern Women's Show

Orlando, Florida

Orange County Convention Center, North Concourse

Saturday, Octobler 10th, 2015

Southern Women's ShowBirmingham, Alabama

Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex

Saturday, October 17th, 2015

Southern Women's ShowJacksonville, Florida

Prime Osborn Convention Center

Saturday, October 17th

*Ben Seewald will accompany Jessa at each show.

Southern Women's Shows Ticket Information (If Purchased Online)

Adults: $10.00 each

Youth (ages 6-12): $5.00 or $6.00 (varies per show)

Group: (10 or more; Advance Only) $7.00 or $8.00 (varies per show)

Children Under 6 FREE with Paying Adult

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was mentioned sometime back that TLC was making about 25 million dollars in ad revenue from 19kac. It could be that Parent Herald and other sites are confused and I think that the Duggars were actually making 25 mil off the show.

On the speaking engagement front, one site has Boob and Mullet listed at $7,500-$14,999 per event, another site has a listing of 10-20k. The Duggar family blog lists that Jessa will be speaking at 4 Southern Women's shows this fall. My guess is that Jessa is probably making about 10k per event. If Jessa is hoping to have some kind of speaking career, I don't think it will work out for her in the long run. Some mainstream Christian and Evangelical people and organizations are probably disgusted with the Duggars and won't hire a Duggar, even Jessa for an event. Outside of Christian and Southern events, Jessa doesn't have much of an audience. Many secular colleges and even some religious colleges wouldn't give her time of day for speaking gigs. Certain types of women's organizations and conferences, also wouldn't give her time of day. The only types of events that she might get hired for are homeschooling events and maybe occasional youth Christian conference events. Jessa still has to compete with other Christian speakers for gigs and some Christian speakers are more established and have had more life experiences than Jessa.

ETA: The Southern Women's shows. The Duggar family blog just had to point out that Ben will be at the events. I hope women flirt with him to piss off Jessa.

I am glad that Ben will be working right along side of Jessa, until October 17th- or 38 weeks gestation.

Those 2 need to work to support their son-to-be-born child.

Wonder if JB and the big house get a cut????

The Duggars have no shame! They will grift until their dying breath and then the next generation will probably ask for a loooooove offering for the funeral expenses....

There has been some speculation on FJ that the Duggars haven't actually earned $$ from their magazine coverage--that it was all arranged by TL publicists, and TL got the fees.

The article does not say they made $25 million/year from TLC. It said they made $45,000 an episode and STAND TO LOSE up to $25 million in other revenue as a result of being on that show - endorsements, speaking engagements, etc.

She'll be seriously pregnant by October.

It's the shear numbers game and the no BC policy, which just grows the numbers that will ultimately do them in. The shear numbers is why JB sold the family to TLC in the first place.

Without education, skills obtainment, resources and some self initiative, the next generation is going to live in poverty.

Agreed. The next phase of JB&M's lives should be titled: 30 Mouths to Feed and Growing Exponentially.

Say Josh and Anna stop with 4 and each of the 19 kids has an average of 4 kids and a spouse, then by the time it's all said and done, Jim Bob is, at least morally, responsible for caring for over 100 people! And, I believe that he is responsible morally, since he raised his entire lot of kids to be uneducated, unskilled and unable or willing to work and then manipulates them into marrying others in the same uneducated and unskilled cult and so that they can breed like bunnies. That's an insane amount of people to keep fed, housed and clothed on used car lots and towing services, even if you do throw in the occasional speaking engagement or TLC special.

(snip)

I was just getting ready to correct this idea that the Duggars were making $25 million a year. There is driving the speculation bus and then there is driving the speculation bus into outerspace!

By my estimate (45,000 X 20 episodes a year) they were making, at the most, $900,000 pre-tax from TLC. I doubt this family ever made more than $50,000 a year from speaking engagements in total because they are very poor speakers with very limited venues. Even with the prices they have listed JB was asking for 10 to 20K. I doubt he ever made as much as 20K for speaking. Endorsements? What endorsements? I haven't seen the Duggars in any ads. I've seen them use Tide on their show but that just means Tide shipped the Duggars a case of detergent...and TLC a check for the product placement. The People Covers were publicity for the show arranged by the show so again, no income from that. They will be missing out on a lot of freebies and baby gifts and wedding gifts, however. All told I would put the entire family income (including Josh's FRC paycheck) at a little more than a million or so a year. Pre-tax. The last few years between the planes and the iPhones and the pedicures and new clothes and the cross country trips and the outlay for "rental properties" given to the newlyweds, I would say they were eating those paychecks up.

As to Jessa's fee. She is only answering questions and signing autographs. She doesn't appear to be speaking. I can't see her being worth $10,000 for a one hour appearance, can you? Even with Ben at her side I doubt she could command that kind of money.

I wonder if the boys begging for money is a sign that Jill and Derrick are making a good amount from the donations on their site... :roll:

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel?

Well, of course they are!

Grifters gonna grift.

First of all, excellent song Jennifer Juniper. Second, someone please create a Shake It Off parody about how grifeters gonna grift, grift, grift, grift, grift.. Instead of shake it off, "grift it all"

well the duggers are so great with music they should make a music video. it could net 10.00 or so based on their quality of playing.

I wonder if the boys begging for money is a sign that Jill and Derrick are making a good amount from the donations on their site... :roll:

That is the first thought that crossed my mind!

:?

My impression from the show over the last couple of years was that the Duggars Spent Spent Spent. All those cars - used or not - all those iPhones, clothes, trips and expensive hobbies.

I think that along the way JB happily fell into the role of a good ol' rich boy and splashed out quite a bit. I'm sure it felt delightful after those lean years. I'm also guessing that it's easier to just hire your sons rather than help them figure out how they can become financially independent without much education or many local opportunities.

I can't help but think that the thing that will bring Gothardism down isn't the huge families per se, it's the impossibility of all those ATI sons trying to support them without proper education.

I wonder if we'll see bankruptcy proceedings in a year or so.

I don't know about bankruptcy but we might see JB prosecuted for tax evasion. I wonder if his boys are on his payroll as Duggar employees and if JB is paying their SStax.

I don't know about bankruptcy but we might see JB prosecuted for tax evasion. I wonder if his boys are on his payroll as Duggar employees and if JB is paying their SStax.

It would not surprise me at all to find out that the D's are involved in such.

Where money is concerned, JB seems to have no compunction at all in terms of taking advantage in an "au shucks, was that wrong"? sort of way.

I was just getting ready to correct this idea that the Duggars were making $25 million a year. There is driving the speculation bus and then there is driving the speculation bus into outerspace!

By my estimate (45,000 X 20 episodes a year) they were making, at the most, $900,000 pre-tax from TLC. I doubt this family ever made more than $50,000 a year from speaking engagements in total because they are very poor speakers with very limited venues. Even with the prices they have listed JB was asking for 10 to 20K. I doubt he ever made as much as 20K for speaking. Endorsements? What endorsements? I haven't seen the Duggars in any ads. I've seen them use Tide on their show but that just means Tide shipped the Duggars a case of detergent...and TLC a check for the product placement. The People Covers were publicity for the show arranged by the show so again, no income from that. They will be missing out on a lot of freebies and baby gifts and wedding gifts, however. All told I would put the entire family income (including Josh's FRC paycheck) at a little more than a million or so a year. Pre-tax. The last few years between the planes and the iPhones and the pedicures and new clothes and the cross country trips and the outlay for "rental properties" given to the newlyweds, I would say they were eating those paychecks up.

As to Jessa's fee. She is only answering questions and signing autographs. She doesn't appear to be speaking. I can't see her being worth $10,000 for a one hour appearance, can you? Even with Ben at her side I doubt she could command that kind of money.

The Duggars never had major endorsements. I think the only endorsements they had were College Minus and that Christian version of the Farmville. I agree, I don't think they ever made more than 20k per speaking event. I agree, they had limited venues and I think in the past, megachurches and others passed up on hiring them because they knew the Duggars were hardcore fundies.

With Jessa and speaking fees, I don't think she would be worth 10k per hour. But we can't forget,that Boob and Mullet, are probably teaching her how to milk as much as she can from appearances. She could be making less than 10k per event for those upcoming shows.

Jessa is an awkward situation, if she wants to make money from appearances and speaking gigs. She is a 20 something fundie girl, withno marketability, to mainstream audiences. Back in the early 2000s, several cast members from MTV's Real World, did college speaking gigs ,and one of them, claimed she made enough from speaking gigs to buy a house. It was easy to see why ex Real World cast members were making money from college speaking gigs. Jessa can't market herself to colleges, unless they are fundie type colleges. She probably wouldn't relate at all to people on those campuses.

I can also see Jessa and Ben trying to score speaking gigs at Christian marriage and relationship conferences. They would be naive enough to think they could do those kinds of speaking gigs. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben has been looking around for speaking gigs and could be begging for gigs. At some point, Jessa and Ben will have to learn support themselves without speaking gigs.

Who has a job?

Last I heard, and I really don't follow them closely so I could be wrong, but JD has the tow truck thing and Joseph has been doing it with him. I also heard that Josiah was doing some sort of apprenticeship for graphic design with his intended father in law.

It's the shear numbers game and the no BC policy, which just grows the numbers that will ultimately do them in. The shear numbers is why JB sold the family to TLC in the first place.

Without education, skills obtainment, resources and some self initiative, the next generation is going to live in poverty.

Without TLC, the family lived in poverty. Without TLC, the family will live in poverty.

Other articles, such as from E! Online, put the Duggar earnings much much lower-- $100,000 per episode or less. The Duggars didn't do 25 episodes a year, so there is no way they were earning $25 million a year.

A number like that could include the value of the perks they got, divided by the number of years TLC funded them. The house, the furnishings, the major and luxurious trips for the Duggars that also meant crew had to be paid to follow, the clothes, everything. Flying just 21 Duggars overseas can easily cost $50k in coach. Add in crew and their gear, and it can push $75k in coach, OR MORE, before you get into hotels and food and activities and the insurance for everything for so many, just to get a couple episodes where Boob and Mechelle were getting $40k-$100k, if not more, for the "special" episode or 2.

They were not making 25 mill. 5 mill, tops.

If they were making $25 million a year, perhaps it got consumed by their lawyers/publicists. Or JB and J'Chelle blew it on stupid shit.

But I doubt they make $25 million a year. If they did, in Arkansas, they'd be living a hell of a lot better...then again...

Man, it wouldn't matter where they were living. If they were making $25mill a year, you better believe they'd be living like kings. Hell, after paying their income taxes, they could pay for this place in NYC in cash if their pay was that high: zillow.com/homedetails/25-N-Moore-St-APT-16A-New-York-NY-10013/55500643_zpid/

A number like that could include the value of the perks they got, divided by the number of years TLC funded them. The house, the furnishings, the major and luxurious trips for the Duggars that also meant crew had to be paid to follow, the clothes, everything. Flying just 21 Duggars overseas can easily cost $50k in coach. Add in crew and their gear, and it can push $75k in coach, OR MORE, before you get into hotels and food and activities and the insurance for everything for so many, just to get a couple episodes where Boob and Mechelle were getting $40k-$100k, if not more, for the "special" episode or 2.

First, I heard the 100-200k figure was TLC's rate for hour or longer specials. Everything else is closer to 25-50k an episode.

Second, those expenses wouldn't be considered Duggar earnings, they'd be considered the budget for the show. Totally different cost break downs.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't started DuggarPAC. Their fans aren't terribly bright, so they'd be fine with them only donating 3-5% of the proceeds towards political candidates and using the rest to support the Duggars lifestyle.

Dammit! How can I get rid of my conscience so I can grift my way through life? :lol:

Someone I know from high school is a leghumper and she said something on Facebook about how it would be "worth the $16" for her to go see one of Jessa's appearances in her neck of the woods, so I can't imagine Jessa's pulling in $10K. At that price, you'd need 625 attendees and that's just for her salary and not the venue, staff, etc.

Someone I know from high school is a leghumper and she said something on Facebook about how it would be "worth the $16" for her to go see one of Jessa's appearances in her neck of the woods, so I can't imagine Jessa's pulling in $10K. At that price, you'd need 625 attendees and that's just for her salary and not the venue, staff, etc.

Yea, there's a band that did 24 shows in 23 cities, sold $100,000 worth of tickets, and even sold 1129 out of 1150 seats at the Filmore in San Francisco, and they broke down what their costs were. They lost $11,819. I REALLY doubt that Jessa is making anything worth writing home about, even if they're selling copies of their books.

Source: digitalmusicnews.com/permalink/2014/11/25/band-just-finished-28-day-tour-made-much

Archived