IGNORED

Duggars are begging for $$$ on their Youtube Channel

luv2laugh

If Josh and Anna have any common sense, they'll stay off social media, because the negative comments will outweigh anything posted by leghumpers. This poses a problem for them, since Josh only knows how to be a reality star and post selfies on social media. This is what happens when you feel entitled to be on tv with a huge skeleton in your closet and no education or job skills that would allow you to operate in the real world.

I don't know about that. Judging by other scandals that play out online, while the internet never forgets, it's also weirdly...forgiving? People get outrage fatigue eventually, and in a few years even generally conscientious people say, "Dude, you're still bringing that up? Give it a rest!" So while there are always pockets of people who stick to their guns about people's egregiousness, most get bored with the older scandals and want to move on. Josh and Anna could very well be counting on that. They think this will eventually pass, so they keep up a "harmless" social media presence and weather the storm so they can eventually be more active. Those two (or their PR people) have proven incredibly astute in not doing interviews are addressing the scandal at all after their initial statements. The happy family pictures they post now could well be a savvy long term strategy.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about that. Judging by other scandals that play out online, while the internet never forgets, it's also weirdly...forgiving? People get outrage fatigue eventually, and in a few years even generally conscientious people say, "Dude, you're still bringing that up? Give it a rest!" So while there are always pockets of people who stick to their guns about people's egregiousness, most get bored with the older scandals and want to move on. Josh and Anna could very well be counting on that. They think this will eventually pass, so they keep up a "harmless" social media presence and weather the storm so they can eventually be more active. Those two (or their PR people) have proven incredibly astute in not doing interviews are addressing the scandal at all after their initial statements. The happy family pictures they post now could well be a savvy long term strategy.

Agree about "forgiveness factor" over time and outrage fatigue. They could be counting on it and yes, they were smart in not doing interviews, especially given the disastrous effects of Josh's parents and siblings' interviews. However child molestation is a big thing with people. People can get over stuff like infidelity or financial shenanigans, but child molestation in particular is something that a lot of folks don't come to accept. And especially this happening in a family that built a brand on being Christian and wholesome, all the while this shit was going down.

Agree- JB should have tried a similar strategy. Those interviews, especially the girls' contributions, were a horrible misstep.

Agree about "forgiveness factor" over time and outrage fatigue. They could be counting on it and yes, they were smart in not doing interviews, especially given the disastrous effects of Josh's parents and siblings' interviews. However child molestation is a big thing with people. People can get over stuff like infidelity or financial shenanigans, but child molestation in particular is something that a lot of folks don't come to accept. And especially this happening in a family that built a brand on being Christian and wholesome, all the while this shit was going down.

In the eyes of many, the lying and false presentation probably worse than the acts themselves.

I hold JB and M much more accountable than the 14 year old Josh. He did not shill the family or enter a contract with TLC.

^ this! I think if Josh would really sit down and have an honest conversation about why he did what he did, denounce his cult's ideas and lifestyle, and seriously take accountability and profusely apologize, then perhaps people may be more willing to forgive him. You don't get a free pass on child abuse no matter how f'd up you or your family are.

None of the family appears to have common sense.

All of them need to go dark in terms of internet, social media, Youtube, everything. Agree that the remaining diehard fanhase is not going to come close to the number of folks who feel negatively about them. The tide has turned and they all need to accept that their brand is tainted, is done. People can accept a lot of negative things about you when you are famous but child molestation is not one of them.

But JB in particular can't accept that the gravy train is over, attempting to carry on via the Youtube channel. He's probably still railing over how badly he was treated by TLC over this.

Josh seems clueless, he's probably convinced he can come back somehow. I can only imagine what went down at the FRC when they fired him. Yes, technically he resigned his position, but you can bet that he was given the choice between being terminated outright or resign, either way it's being fired. And I do think that the FRC was in the dark about it, they had to have been furious when they found out their spokesperson had these types of skeletons in his closet.

Tony Perkins gives off that self loathing closet queen vibe.

^ this! I think if Josh would really sit down and have an honest conversation about why he did what he did, denounce his cult's ideas and lifestyle, and seriously take accountability and profusely apologize, then perhaps people may be more willing to forgive him. You don't get a free pass on child abuse no matter how f'd up you or your family are.

The only problem is Smug doesn't KNOW he didn't get proper treatment and that his parents did not even try to get him proper help. He was 14, so your parents telling you are getting treatment as word is good enough, not like he had anything to compare it to.

I in no way condone what he did, but it's not like he can denounce the only way of life he's ever known.

They council victims? They create them not help them, of courtesy are qualified like everything else they do. really if they do this it will really show their arrogance.

If it's true then it's sheer desperation. How do you go from no body was hurt and there were no victims, to being sooo educated on the subject where you can counsel others.

If it's true then it's sheer desperation. How do you go from no body was hurt and there were no victims, to being sooo educated on the subject where you can counsel others.
by having Dugger as your last name.

I don't think the story is true. I swear I read that idea being floated either on FJ or one of those reality show websites and someone picked it up. I am not sure the Duggars could be that stupid to think thats a good idea and that's is coming from someone who believes they are stupid enough to try almost anything.

I don't think the story is true. I swear I read that idea being floated either on FJ or one of those reality show websites and someone picked it up. I am not sure the Duggars could be that stupid to think thats a good idea and that's is coming from someone who believes they are stupid enough to try almost anything.
you are questioning Dugger stupidity? But I do agree it sounds fake but it sounds so dufgerish.

I wonder if it's true that Jessa and Jill will be "prominently featured" in the TLC special? I was hoping they would have minor roles and pretty much shown as confused victims...

Please tell me nobody will pick them up. They would destroy people.

They council victims? They create them not help them, of courtesy are qualified like everything else they do. really if they do this it will really show their arrogance.

The only "advice" the Duggars have is denial, victim blaming, and evading authorities. Only other delusional ATI or IFB would think these people have anything useful to say on this issue. I doubt this story is true, but JB and Michelle are so narcissistic and delusional that they probably do think they'd be great counselors.

So two people who handled their own situation horribly that have no formal training are going to counsel others? What is their advice going to be? Wear longer skirts? Cover up your shoulders?

Why exactly does a bunch of teenagers need money for making YouTube videos? Its not like theyre expected to have top quality equipment. They should do what all teenagers interested in making videos do-get part time jobs to pay for any expensive stuff they want, but honestly, they already have a video camera and computer, their parents pay for their internet connection, not much else is needed. People don't expect top quality costumes, settings or special effects, costumes and props can be found in the home or bought at thrift stores with their allowance.

Well it didn't take them long to figure out that the way they were going wasn't working. I think someone told them this (because there is no way they would come up with it on their own), if this story is believable at all. http://www.examiner.com/article/jim-bob-and-michelle-duggar-new-duggar-tv-show-proposal-the-planning-stages

No no no no no no no no no no no no NO. Anybody they counseled would need counseling after that counseling just to get over the messed up shit they spewed. Good lord I hope that's fake.

Dlisted pulled no punches! Nor did Radaronline, from which MichaelK pulled info:

http://dlisted.com/2015/08/03/the-dugga ... ore-186614

Not broken as it's Michael K's dlisted and he IS one of us.

Whoa! You were right, MamaJunebug, that article did not hold back. The comments are as equally blistering.

:pink-shock:

Why exactly does a bunch of teenagers need money for making YouTube videos? Its not like theyre expected to have top quality equipment. They should do what all teenagers interested in making videos do-get part time jobs to pay for any expensive stuff they want, but honestly, they already have a video camera and computer, their parents pay for their internet connection, not much else is needed. People don't expect top quality costumes, settings or special effects, costumes and props can be found in the home or bought at thrift stores with their allowance.

Probably to support their families, which they'll start in the not-too-distant future...

:angry-banghead:

I know what you mean. *still boycotts Chris Brown*

:lol:

:evil-eye:

The duggars are conservatives. So get your asses up and get real jobs. Stop asking for handouts. Stop being lazy. No one told you to reproduce like rabbits. If your breed em feed em

The duggars are conservatives. So get your asses up and get real jobs. Stop asking for handouts. Stop being lazy. No one told you to reproduce like rabbits. If your breed em feed em

Once upon a time in the 1980's; Boob and Mullet were fairly normal people who had one child and went to work. They had drive and were conventional human beings.

So sad what has happened and all these kids who have no hope...

Archived