IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if 4 sisters ... and one of the oldest two wasn't ... does this mean 4 yo Joy?? This is even more horrible. I just can't.

The fifth one didn't live in the Duggar shoebox.

This is horrendous. I am so fucking pissed right now. Pissed at everyone. Josh. JB*M. The fans. Everyone.

Doubt it. In the show he talked about how he was broken or unpure or something like that and he was lucky that Anna married him anyways. That was always used as proof that he had a failed courtship before Anna.

The rumour years ago about sin in the camp were that Josh was engaged to/courting a Holt girl and some misbehavior of his coming to light was the reason it failed. I don't want to be more specific about who was involved or what behavior was alleged now that it seems the old rumours were so spot on in some cases. Seeing that there was a police investigation when Josh was 17, it seems to me that the timing fits for when the alleged Holt relationship was supposed to have blown up. He was so young, but better to marry than burn in the Duggar view, I guess.

The rumours were out there before and apart from Razing Ruth glomming on to them, for those bringing that back up. And Free Jinger was only one of the places to find them.

Correct. We have to guess between Jana and Jill because they're so close in age. Jana's sensitivity and actions that have been mentioned make it appear she would be the fourth sister. . . however, Jana would have been closer to earning her GED at that point due to her age and the sister that was not assaulted stated she was responsible for all the cooking in the family. So it could still be Jill.

Either way, how horrible for all the kids, even the ones who weren't born at the time. Michelle and JimBob really screwed their family over in so many ways.

Didn't they all get their GEDs at about 16? That would mean Jill was 6 years away whereas Jana was 4 years away. I doubt that it was Jill if she was nearing the GED.

I think TLC knew. When the Oprah gig was cancelled, reasons would have been given.

Maybe the real reason was not stated officially, but people talk. I'm sure TLC execs are aware of this.

A few thoughts...

My heart aches for Anna. I can't honestly tell myself she wouldn't have known about this. But how she was raised and wanting to be the perfect fundie wife she just accepted it. Also, any Christian homeschool friends she might have made, mommy-buddies, etc aren't going to go anywhere near her now. She'll be more isolated and alone then before. And I had hope for a little of progress where they were concerned.

I worry for the M4. Their parents already think public school and outside influences are evil. Because social media and the Internet are forever, these kids are going to be screwed. No way Josh and Anna will ever concede to a public school or higher education. If they did the kids would be bullied mercilessly. As it is their lives will be haunted by the fact their dad did some really horrible things and the whole world knows about it. To have to grow up like that....it just makes me so sad for them. I have to seriously hope Anna keeps an eye on Mac and the new baby after this. I have to hope with all my heart Josh wouldn't do something awful to his own kids.

"Resigned" from the FRC my ass. They probably offered him one hell of a severance package and stuff if he would just slip quietly away. But you can't undo publicity photos, appearances, dinners, etc. They made a point of using Josh as their poster boy and no amount of damage control is going to help. Bet Huckabee's PR team is scrambling too.

I can see them moving back to AR now, some landlords have morals clauses and will not rent to you with a criminal history. As the house has been shown 100x over on the show...yeah.

I normally write really well, and I cant even express how I feel for the victims. With the way they were raised and all....its too horrific for words.

Correct. We have to guess between Jana and Jill because they're so close in age. Jana's sensitivity and actions that have been mentioned make it appear she would be the fourth sister. . . however, Jana would have been closer to earning her GED at that point due to her age and the sister that was not assaulted stated she was responsible for all the cooking in the family. So it could still be Jill.

It could have been very uniquely traumatic for Jana to have NOT been a victim if she had to watch her sisters go through it. She was a maternal figure. I think seeing someone she loves (Josh) do something so awful to her sisters, who she probably was raising at a young age while her mom tended to the Baby Of The Month, would be absolutely devastating. And watching her parents fail remedy the situation, and to keep telling your sisters all the different ways they are responsible for men's indiscretions, would be pretty awful. I think sometimes it is actually easier for victims themselves to forgive than the people who love the victims. Victims move on and forgive out of self preservation, I guess. But I don't think I would EVER be able to move on if I knew someone close to me molested someone else I loved. Ever.

I really, really hope this makes the older kids run off to do their own thing.

This is horrendous. I am so fucking pissed right now. Pissed at everyone. Josh. JB*M. The fans. Everyone.

My mother (as nutty as she is) has always said those who are bad get what's coming to them.

We may not know about it, or see it - but be sure it will happen. The karma train is a thing.

It's Karma's turn with the Duggar family.

People didn't even mention the victims were his own sisters. Fuck you People!

The Duggars have posted the statements on their Facebook page. I'm not sure how to do this link since I'm new to the forum? I hope this works! https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyof ... 1128073873

WHY IS THERE SO MANY PEOPLE LEAVING POSITIVE COMMENT ON THIS STATEMENT??? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HUMANITY?? (When is the next shuttle to another planet, I can't human anymore ...)

From Anna's portion of the statement on Facebook:

And when you, our sweet fans, first met me when Josh asked me to marry him... I was able to say, "Yes" knowing who Josh really is - someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended.

:angry-banghead:

Doug, Bill, Josh...I hope people are started to see a pattern...and just how dangerous this cult is.

Also, I think this needs to be repeated a billion times:

Jim Bob and Michelle clearly say in the police report that there were no professional counselors involved.

What they claim to be counseling in the People statement is just JTTH and ALERT.

My mother (as nutty as she is) has always said those who are bad get what's coming to them.

We may not know about it, or see it - but be sure it will happen. The karma train is a thing.

It's Karma's turn with the Duggar family.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

Please read the following messages:

From Jim Bob and Michelle:

Back 12 years ago our family went through one of the most difficult times of our lives. When Josh was a young teenager, he made some very bad mistakes and we were shocked. We had tried to teach him right from wrong. That dark and difficult time caused us to seek God like never before. Even though we would never choose to go through something so terrible, each one of our family members drew closer to God. We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family. We have challenges and struggles everyday. It is one of the reasons we treasure our faith so much because God’s kindness and goodness and forgiveness are extended to us — even though we are so undeserving. We hope somehow the story of our journey — the good times and the difficult times — cause you to see the kindness of God and learn that He can bring you through anything.

From Josh:

Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends. I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life. I sought forgiveness from those I had wronged and asked Christ to forgive me and come into my life. I would do anything to go back to those teen years and take different actions. In my life today, I am so very thankful for God’s grace, mercy and redemption.

From Anna:

I can imagine the shock many of you are going through reading this. I remember feeling that same shock. It was not at the point of engagement, or after we were married - it was two years before Josh asked me to marry him. When my family and I first visited the Duggar Home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn't know why he was sharing it. For Josh he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was -- even every difficult past mistakes. At that point and over the next two years, Josh shared how the counseling he received changed his life as he continued to do what he was taught. And when you, our sweet fans, first met me when Josh asked me to marry him... I was able to say, "Yes" knowing who Josh really is - someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended. Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right. I want to say thank you to those who took time over a decade ago to help Josh in a time of crisis. Your investment changed his life from going down the wrong path to doing what is right. If it weren't for your help I would not be here as his wife — celebrating 6 1/2 years of marriage to a man who knows how to be a gentleman and treat a girl right. Thank you to all of you who tirelessly work with children in crisis, you are changing lives and I am forever grateful for all of you.

This topic is spreading onto the Patheos channel. The atheist blog Danthropology has a post on it. I made the mistake of reading the comments, and there are a bunch of Duggar leghumpers/tea baggers going on about how whatever Josh did pales in comparison to what Obama and the Clintons have done (exactly what that might be isn't mentioned; breathing while Democrat?). I can't believe that even after Josh admitted to what happened that some leghumpers are still saying that he's being targeted by the "liberal media," like there are no bigger conservative fish to fry than a D-list reality star.

From Anna's portion of the statement on Facebook:

:angry-banghead:

How can you REALLY ever know?! :wtf:

Anna knew, married him anyways, and created four children with him.

OMG

Maybe he "yadda yadda" it:

I was w my sisters yadda yadda, and then I humbled myself before God.

Didn't they all get their GEDs at about 16? That would mean Jill was 6 years away whereas Jana was 4 years away. I doubt that it was Jill if she was nearing the GED.

The GED earning was at the time of the interview, not the time of the abuse. It's confusing because there is a 3.5 year lag between the abuse and the police report, so the victims and witnesses are talking about their current preferences and achievements before reflecting on past abuse.

You guys, it's OK!!!!!

Didn't you read the statement? They are all closer to God because of this. That is all that matters. :cracking-up:

I guess that means every family should go and get themselves a child molesting son. No better way to draw nearer to God. :roll:

This is so awful - I can't even describe how awful this is

TMZ is reporting that he molested his sisters

which sisters do we know - if it was Jinger well that explains everything

once a molester always a molester

this show is over

there are no words at all

I am heartbroken for the sisters that it happened to as well as the other victims

as for Anna - well I am disgusted by her as well

My mother was molested by her brother for years -it takes its toll

my best friend was molested by her brother for years

this is AWFUL

CANCEL the DAMN SHOW

they can't recover from this

Agreed. The show needs to end now.

As for which sisters were assaulted. . . as much as I hate to speculate there doesn't seem to be much point now. We already know four of the five girls are children of the Duggars and there were only five daughters at the time the assaults took place. My best guess are that Jessa, Jinger, and Joy were assaulted - you can tell that Jessa gave a victim statement from the focus on God and Joy was small enough at the time of the assaults to sit on someone's lap (as one of the victims was). Jana and Jill are still toss ups for me.

Quote from Josh says "those affected by my actions" received counseling...in the form of "YOU HAVE TO FORGIVE or go to hell?" - like that horrifying Gothard chart...

Good grief...the spin kills me. Josh's statement I object to less than JB and Michelle's "Yeah! But it made us more godly and better as a family" BS. Josh was raised in a perverted cult led by a perverted sexual predator where sexual abuse already had a LONG history of being swept under the rug, silenced or ignored. He was given zero healthy sex education and his family culture was both hyper-sexualized and severely repressed at the same time. It's no surprise that something happened. And given their beliefs, it's really no surprise that JB and Michelle handled it the way they did. The only thing that surprises me is that they went to any law enforcement at all - it tells me they must have felt incredibly desperate and worried about Josh (hence him saying he understood that path would ruin his life - it still might).

What a mess...

- Anna knew? yeah right. Anna was probably told something like "I'm a sinner and I made some bad mistakes in the past but I repented and it brought me closer to god so it's all good" or some other high-gloss fundie nonsense. If her parents had ANY inkling of what actually happened...honestly that makes me seriously concerned for what else they didn't bat an eye at during Anna's childhood.

- They must have known this was coming...why buy the house in AR?

- I would seriously LOVE to see Ben direct some of that abundant righteous anger of his at JB & Michelle.

- Honestly, as disgusted as I am by Josh and his actions, I am more disgusted by JB and Michelle glossing over it as merely a spiritual trial - and for doubling down on it all...horrible. horrible people.

God, they better not make this a part of their speaking segment. "And now here's our favorite son, Josh, here to testify that even the lowest scum of the earth can be saved."

I think Fundies, like Televangelists, LOVE the parable of the prodigal son.

Josh is the epitome' of the prodigal son. Jim Bob will be THRILLED to welcome him back to town and hug him and smile for the cameras ( if there are any),

Michelle will be long- suffering and maybe a bit teary, but will " love on" her Duggar grandbabies and help birth the 4th one.

Something's not right about the tax evasion thing, though. That's also a crime. If Josh turned his life around ( yeah, right, U turn at the age of 13) then why has it been published that he is in debt to the IRS for $54,000?

I realize it's not like molesting your baby sisters, but this IS a crime he might be prosecuted for. Plus, the IRS can seize property when there's no income to pay the debt off. Serious stuff still exists in Josh's life as far as I know.

Archived