IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

Does anyone else but me think that Jana is still single because she's traumatized from being molested by her brother?

She gave a JTTH interview a few years back where she said she was working on forgiving a family member.

Her singleness aside, Jana seems the most obviously affected by what happened. Doesn't mean the others aren't suffering too, but something is clearly troubling Jana.

Jim Bob and Michelle should be publicly flogged for not getting help for their daughters and forcing them to wait hand and foot on their abuser.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of TLC for the rest of the night is 19K&C.

I hate this for all of them. Yes even Josh. Now they know what fame does, this is what they asked for. They really believed they were immune....

I've spent hours reading this and the other thread and it makes me sick to my stomach. Those poor girls. :(

I hope some kind soul can help the victims escape and heal, on their own terms. And I hope Josh, Jim Bob and Michelle rot in the deepest layers of hell.

Does anyone else but me think that Jana is still single because she's traumatized from being molested by her brother?

That's very likely. I'm just hoping that its her decision not to court and not something terrible (well more terrible...) like that the abuse was significant enough that Jim Bob considered her virginity ruined and she was "damaged goods".

First, singsingsing, if you're reading this, thank you for the information uou provided on the previous thread.

I'm not at all surprised that the Kellers knew. One thing that struck me from the police report was how open JB and Michelle were about everything. They spoke to Church elders, they spoke to a state trooper, Michelle readily confessed that Josh was sent to some random guy to do hard labor instead of any kind of program or counselor. They seem very secure that their community would accept and forgive anything they and their kids did. I find completely believable that when Josh and Ana showed an interest in each other, they quickly told her parents about what happened.

I have a really bad feeling that TLC has known from the beginning, and that the show isn't going anywhere unless enough advertisers pull out.

Hate to speculate also, but now something tells me maybe it wasn't Jill, but the other four. And the kitchen part makes me think Jill, too. Wasn't she always the one cooking? Jill is clearly the 'favorite' of JB and M, and Josh has even said something about her being a "tattletale" before, right? At first I thought Jana might have been the one not molested, but now I'm not sure. I can see this being why Jana hasn't courted/married. I think it would be interesting to go back and watch some of the shows where Josh met Ben and Derick for the first time. Could be telling by how he acts around those two. And now thinking of how the older girls really seem to act awkward/weird around Josh makes so much more sense now.

I think Jill being a tattletale could be a huge factor for why Josh didn't mess with her. He knew she'd be the most likely to go confess to their parents. It breaks my heart to say this, but Jana seems too repressed and generally broken down for some **** NOT to have happened to her in the past.

This explains why they built a big dormitory for the girls instead of individual rooms.

I'm betting the molestation is the real origination of the side hug.

Anna knew, married him anyways, and created four children with him.

OMG

I wonder if this is why Jin Bob picked someone sweet yet dim for Josh to marry. Anna is a sweet girl but she is not smart. I can see Jim Bob wanting to do damage control by finding Josh a wife who would take everything at face value instead of thinking things through.

Coming over to the Duggar side for a hot minute to say the following. You all know I am usually a peaceful, or at least reasonable person, and I don't usually pepper my posts with curses, but the rage is real for me right now.

TW.

1. That was not an apology. That was a cop out. That was weak, self-centered, and depreciating of the incident. If I were a victim that read that (or, if my actual rapist had written that), I would have been a mess.

2. Ruin YOUR life?! Try the lives of the women who you molested. THEY will live with your shit forever while you, you pigheaded fucktard, go on with your life like nothing happened, moving to DC and starting a family, which brings me to...

3. Anna, what is WRONG with you? As a woman, you should've known better. You should have stood by the women who were victims. And you better hope and pray to God that the change in Josh you think was real, really is, before it turns on your own children.

4. This isn't a "mistake", you waffle-headed twat. This is unconscionable and you deserve every second you get of judgment.

5. Michelle and Jim Bob, fuck you both. And double fuck you for raising your children to think this was their fault. And triple fuck you both for waiting a year to report. And Michelle, quadruple fuck YOU for not getting out from under your headship to protect your children.

I feel so much for his victims, and I hope they are given every opportunity to stay away from him.

Josh, see you in the 7th circle.

Jim Bob's remarks to People include

We pray that as people watch our lives they see that we are not a perfect family.

No one in my family has molested anyone, not even anyone in the family. I guess this makes us a little more perfect than the Duggars. :dance:

I truly believe Anna didn't know. I cannot imagine Mr. Keller walking her down the aisle to Josh knowing that he molested his sisters.

I am literally stunned silent by all of this. I'm torn between hoping TLC ends the gravy train but worry for the children who will be raised in that prison without the TLC money coming in. As for the pedophile (I'm calling a spade a spade) and his "accessory after the fact enablers" MAY YOU ROT IN HELL!!!! It certainly explains why this family is so fucked up.

More random thoughts:

We've pretty much confirmed that ALERT & JTTH are "disipline/retraining" methods. I wonder what Siah and Jana's constant "transgressions" were to make them keep getting sent off...

I wanna go back and find the threads about Jingers diary now. I feel like that would be enlightening.

I'm not kidding about renting a bus and going to Arkansas. At this point, it seems like the only logical solution. The Duggar parents have failed all their duties as parents... time to get those kids a proper home.

I truly believe Anna didn't know. I cannot imagine Mr. Keller walking her down the aisle to Josh knowing that he molested his sisters.

Anna said in the People article that she, and her parents, both knew, and that Josh and his family made it a point to tell them the first time they visited.

I want to pity Josh for being a screwed up kid in an environment that I think was horrendous beyond anything we yet know, but sexually aggressive behavior with a preschooler is way beyond anything that could be construed as normal experimentation, imo. It's terrifying behavior, truly. And there is zero chance here that Josh got the appropriate, intensive treatment afterwards, much less the victims.

I am so sad for the Duggar girls. Failed by the fraudulent promises of the Patriarchy and their worthless parents in every way.

As much as I want to blame his environment, this does not fall 100% on JB*M. We haven't heard anything about any of the other boys doing this...

I can't believe they went on and made the TV show knowing this had recently happened and could be publicly exposed for their kids.

Since Jana was the oldest I'm sure she remembers this the most and is probably the most traumatized, like several others have said. :( Horrible.

I haven't read all of the pages of the two threads. Have we discussed this before?

wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/90328795510/when-i-was-googling-josh-duggar-josh-duggar

http://33.media.tumblr.com/6492204a5fc8 ... qhws9s.jpg

I didn't realize Anna was my age. I feel old now. I've always thought she looked at least a few years older than me.

This thread is moving really really quickly, but I just wanted to ask:

It says he was INVESTIGATED for 5 girls. Two girls interviewed say they weren't touched. One who speaks of getting spanked by the rod (omg) also said she wasn't touched inappropriately, doesn't she?? This means there's actually 3, not 4 girls in the family that were affected.

This is terrible

Jim Bob's remarks to People include

No one in my family has molested anyone, not even anyone in the family. I guess this makes us a little more perfect than the Duggars. :dance:

I hate the "WE'RE NOT PERFECT!" BS. Yeah, nobody's perfect. Yeah, if you believe in sin, everyone sins. But that's pretty irrelevant. We're talking about ONE PARTICULAR sin here, and this child's parents' failure to handle a dangerous situation properly. PLUS the parents victim shaming and placing responsibility on their daughters in all sorts of horrible, subtle ways for the past decade.

And regarding Jana and Josiah at JTTH - can't speak for Josiah, but I would not be surprised if Jana went because she was troubled by all of this and not coping well.

And I DO think almost all of the blame is on the parents. Josh was a developmentally stunted minor. Certainly, it raises red flags as to whether he could still have unresolved issues today. But there's no evidence of that. It sounds like the girls told their parents what happened several times and the best way JB+M dealt with it was by sending Josh to renovate a building with some random family friend for a while?

Another thing that was weird to we was how they were the ones to contact the other victim's parents, tell them what happened, and apologized. These people have no fear of real consequences.

I'm betting the molestation is the real origination of the side hug.

You know, that's a really interesting thought. I was just watching the finale and kept thinking how awkward and uncomfortable Josh looks when he hugs his parents and siblings. Now it is all making sense. I never liked Josh. Now I fucking HATE him. I'm a complete pacifist but I want to throat-punch him for what he did to his innocent sisters. I am so fucking pissed right now.

I keep thinking of how this was around the time I was seeing them regularly. I thought it was kind of odd that Jana seemed like she was always staying with the little kids and not socializing like the other girls, but this information kind of puts that into a new context. :(

Of course, it could also just be her personality. I don't want to read too much into everything.

This brings to mind the episode in which Jana said she'd been praying for Josh to find a wife. I see that in a totally different light now. :( She was then asked about saving the first kiss for marriage and she responded with the usual line about how they all hope to save their first kiss for their wedding. It's terrible to think what must have been going through her mind as she answered those questions.

Archived