IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

My first thought went to Jana, and that clip of her praying for someone for Josh.

Maybe she was hoping he would get out of TTH?

I'm honestly stunned for words, I thought JB had some sense of decency for his daughters. I guess it explains why he's so protective of them now.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jana 12

Jill 10

Jessa 9

Jinger 8

Joy 4

4 of the 5 were molested. He molested either an 8 or a 4 year old (or both). :puke-front:

And Anna's statement about her parents knowing about this when they got engaged...can't say that makes me think much of ma and pa Keller.

The most ridiculous part about this is that it's not like Josh and Anna were so in love back then that they just had to get married. They hardly knew each other. Her parents could have said "No thanks, too much baggage for our girl" and simply kept them apart. It's not like they had any freedom to see each other alone or get in any kind of fundie trouble together. I'm not even sure they really knew because I just can't see anyone being cool with their incredibly young daughter marrying into that, even with the fame thing.

Josh said that he and those affected received counseling. So I guessing the sister's got some sort of counseling. Probably nothing truly helpful though.

Hopefully proper counseling from accredited therapists and not some ATI bullshit.

I think Anna didn't know and is lying to protect Josh, as well as to justify her decision to stay with him and continue procreating. YMMV

I bet Josh wishes he had a college degree now. I seelong-term unemployment return to the used car business in his future.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

Bringing a post from the previous thread here, because my reaction was :shock:

OMG. This really puts everything in perspective. How awful!

I tried not to think about this part, to not do the math and realize how horrific. As a human and a parent it makes me so, so sad that those tiny girls had to experience something so awful that young. Innocence lost in so many ways.

I think Anna didn't know and is lying to protect Josh, as well as to justify her decision to stay with him and continue procreating. YMMV

The telling thing will be in 3 years if she hasn't announced M5.

To characterize something like the molestation of multiple children as "past teenage mistakes" is disgusting. Past teenage mistakes for most people is like, what, sneaking some of your parents' beer to a party?

I hope his own kids are actually safe, and that he actually did receive serious, real therapy. But most of all, I hope the victims will be okay and have/will receive genuine help.

Wow. Just wow. I have been following this all day and I don't even know what to say. My heart is so heavy for the Duggar girls, and I am so angry with their parents. I don't know what to think of Josh. For some reason, I expected more than a bullshit response and acknowledgement that it was true, but I don't know what. JB & M will never change, and I've lost all hope for Josh now too.

Anna's parents knew and had no qualms? That is just disgusting. :cray-cray:

Well, Pa Keller looks and acts skeevy as hell, at least on camera. Ma Keller looks like she's been overlooked and ignored for at least the past two decades, perhaps three or four. And then Anna thought it was okay, as sheltered and repressed and ignorant as she was.

Holy crap. What a mess. Those poor girls.

My first thought went to Jana, and that clip of her praying for someone for Josh.

Maybe she was hoping he would get out of TTH?

I'm honestly stunned for words, I thought JB had some sense of decency for his daughters. I guess it explains why he's so protective of them now.

Their parents have straight up told them to rush into marriage because they'll "give in to urges" if they wait too long. "Urges that can't be righteously fulfilled." So if they could just find someone for Josh to have sex with he could "righteously fulfill" those desires and he could be someone else's problem. That probably explains why they took "leave and cleave" so seriously with Josh while they never seemed to have any issue with John sticking around. I wonder if John hates Josh's guts.

Jana most likely believed that Josh was just some poor guy with absolutely no control over his actions because they've been taught to believe that men are these impulsive, horny, bumbling idiots who will flop a boner in your face the second they see your ankle and it's all your fault.

They practically justify this behavior when they tell their children that men can't control their actions. It's a load of bullshit.

On the other hand- Anna's family does a full time prison ministry. I know I have read before that they have even tried to help people who were getting out of prison get back on their feet. They may be all about second chances- which is admirable but super scary when you have umpteen children running around.

Hopefully proper counseling from accredited therapists and not some ATI bullshit.

Michelle mentions in the police report that it was a Christian run camp and not any certified professionals who dealt with the issue.

That is really the takeaway here. Yeah, Josh did something despicable. But he was very young and had adults around him who apparently let this go on for SEVERAL YEARS with MULTIPLE VICTIMS. And then could still look their daughters straight in the eye and say, "men can't control their urges." Or "when you dress a certain way, you lead men to sin."

Because guess what made Josh molest them? Not their clothes. Not their actions. Nothing. He did it because he wanted to. NO other reason. Those girls have just as much baggage as we suspected all along, unfortunately.

The bold. Michelle addressed this the other night on the "tell all" special. Guess they weren't really telling all, huh?

http://www.people.com/article/josh-duggar-molestation-accusations-duggars-respond

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager, I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends," Josh, 27, tells PEOPLE in a statement. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling. I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Josh has resigned from his position at the Family Research Council as a result of the accusations becoming public, but his family has stood behind him.

Part 1: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=26047

These "statements" the Duggars made are as content-free as I expected. Just lots pointless godtalk and narcissistic blathering about how the situation made them feel. Nothing about how the victims must have suffered (and probably still are, since I doubt they got any real therapy). That Anna and her parents knew all this and still went through with the marriage goes to show where the priorities of the ATI crowd are. Isn't Anna at all concerned about Mack or the impending M-girl? Not saying that Josh has done anything to Mack, but what Josh did isn't youthful experimenting or something that just prayer can solve. As someone said in the first thread, Josh crossed a line that can't be uncrossed.

That is my feeling too, but I've been wrong about a lot here so who the fuck knows. I don't want to believe any parent could be cool with their precious child marrying a recent molester.

What a thoroughly nasty piece of shit. Nice that he saved his own hide without worrying about how his actions hurt others.

Honestly, he's speaking in the past tense. He changed because of that belief. But, remember, at that same time he was being taught that sexual misconduct was the woman's fault. It would ruin his life, but she has a way of controlling herself, too. As has been speculated, the girls behaviors serve as evidence that they were also made to take responsibility for their "actions."

As much as I don't think there's an excuse for his actions, I do understand why he holds the belief that it's his life he had to worry about.

Fixed it for ya! ;)

A college degree wouldn't help him now. Who would hire him? Except good ol' JB, shielding and protecting his boy from the world, as always.

The police report says the victims lived with M & J. So it's definite it was the girls? Or did I misread?

I need to be able to sit and read after I drop my kids at school. This is just horribly mind blowing.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

How were the Duggars never investigated by CPS?

How was Josh allowed to stay in the house with his own victims (after "counseling")

I was really, really hoping this was just a rumor gone wild. I hated to think of any girls being hurt. Now that it's been confirmed, I hope the victims can find some sort of peace in their life.

It really irks me that Anna referred to the incidents as Josh's "past teenage mistakes." This isn't some dumb kid doing drugs or goofing off in school or acting like a drunken ass. There are victims who will have to deal with the repercussions of his "teenage mistakes" the rest of their lives. None of the statements from Josh, Jim Bob/Michelle or Anna really acknowledge the people hurt the most by his actions.

Can we talk about how shitty Anna's parents are? For fuck's sake, they let their oldest daughter marry John Shrader and now she and all of her children are in Zambia practically begging for some sort of major issue to arise, they let Anna marry a man who they knew had sexually abused his SISTERS just a few years prior, and then let Priscilla marry the flaming David Waller, who I think seems possibly abusive. No wonder their other children ran so damn fast!

A college degree wouldn't help him now. Who would hire him? Except good ol' JB, shielding and protecting his boy from the world, as always.

Nobody would even want to buy a car from him. Hope he's ready to spend some quality time with John David because I get a feeling he's going to be towing cars soon.

Archived