IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

I keep typing and deleting and typing and deleting. Been staring at the screen for 5 minutes unable to say anything. I just keep thinking about the poor girls and how their parents let it go on for so long.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone caught this, and it's pretty minor, but the 'family friend' who wrote the original letter and stuck it in a book was apparently a male. Page 15 of the report.

Supposedly Josh's 'treatment program' in Little Rock was run by a guy named Harold Walker. I wonder if anyone can dig anything up on him.

There's also something pretty bizarre in the report, before the interviews. I don't want to call it an inconsistency, but it's strange. According to Jim Bob, he and his church decided to contact the police about Josh AFTER Josh had returned from his treatment. BUT earlier in the report the Duggars insist that after Josh returned from the treatment, there were no further problems. Why would they contact the police after he'd already come back?

There is more to this story. No doubt. I don't know what it is, but this is only the surface. I'm not saying Josh did anything else, but there's a lot we're not hearing about.

As far as the 19K&C goes...it is unforgivable that the Duggar parents should hold themselves and their "ministry" up to the whole world as an example while hiding this from the public! They are examples of failures in this lifestyle and as parents.

OMG

Now we know the rumor about him molesting his sisters was actually true! I read that so many years ago on TWOP and never believed for a second that was the famous "Sin in the camp."

Now we know the rumor about the canceled Oprah show was true.

Now we know for a fact that the Duggars did beat their children with a rod. (They might still be doing it but the way the howlers act it doesn't seem likely.)

Jesus. I'm sure the show will be canceled. The funny thing is I always thought the show would be canceled but that they would continue to get speaking engagements and write books. I doubt that they will continue to make money for their " Wholesome Chrisitan Family" testimony now. Sure, the leghumpers are having a kneejerk moment but you watch-- the support is going to fall away. All of these kids are going to be so broke. Bin better enroll in a 4 year college quick.

I would also like to say this. 19KAC & People both popped up on my FB feed with Josh's statement, in the same box (you know how FB does).

The comments from followers are markedly different. The leghumpers are out in full force (but of course we knew this) and their responses floored me. Thankfully, the followers on People saw things very differently.

Side-by-side, the dichotomy was shocking.

Anna said in the People article that she, and her parents, both knew, and that Josh and his family made it a point to tell them the first time they visited.

And I still call TOTAL bullshit on this. "Hi, I'm Josh, I'm interested in taking ownership of your daughter, and by the way, I molested several of my sisters while they were sleeping. So...yes/no?"

I bet the MOST he did was give some half-assed "I've sinned but I'm a better person now! it brought me closer to Jesus!" Fundies can get away with any sort of awful behavior by just saying they are closer to God at the end of it. :roll:

Also: what do you want to bet that Oprah has an open offer for the first Duggar girl who wants to talk about this?

More random thoughts:

We've pretty much confirmed that ALERT & JTTH are "disipline/retraining" methods. I wonder what Siah and Jana's constant "transgressions" were to make them keep getting sent off...

I wanna go back and find the threads about Jingers diary now. I feel like that would be enlightening.

I'm not kidding about renting a bus and going to Arkansas. At this point, it seems like the only logical solution. The Duggar parents have failed all their duties as parents... time to get those kids a proper home.

I am dead serious about them staying with me. I do have the space. I live in Canada. And I live at the opposite end of the continent from Arkansas. On an island, too. In a place where no one cares about the Duggars. They would not be recognized here. They would be kept safe.

I keep typing and deleting and typing and deleting. Been staring at the screen for 5 minutes unable to say anything. I just keep thinking about the poor girls and how their parents let it go on for so long.

Thank god it's not just me. I have SO MUCH RAGE right now.

Also, the side-hug is a fundie-wide thing, it's not just the Duggars, and it didn't originate with them either. It's more probable that the family converted, and that just came along naturally with the teachings. It's preached in the pulpit, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I wonder if this will be the family's un-doing? Maybe this will be the catalyst that changes things? Example: Jana or Jinger finally taking the leap to move out and get a job outside fundie land.

I'm betting the molestation is the real origination of the side hug.

And shouting "Nike!"----maybe that was meant for Josh?

TLC gotta get there viewers and money's worth in, just in case they need to pull the plug soon. You know how it goes. :pull-hair:

I've been keeping up with everything since the morning but haven't said anything until now. I've never liked the Duggars since I left fundy-ville (never outright hated them though) and I knew they were fake. I'm not surprised something like this happened but I never really thought it would be this bad.

I only wish there was a hell, for the sake of Jim Bob and Michelle. They are horrible, horrible people. And while I feel a bit sad for Josh, he was a 14-year-old who potentially molested girls in the age range of 4-12 years old. That young is not normal even for someone sexually repressed. The real victims of this are.....wow, wouldn't you know.....the victims.

I love (hate) how Josh's statement is all about "ME ME ME" and nothing about the victims. Typical.

I wonder if this will be the family's un-doing? Maybe this will be the catalyst that changes this? Example: Jana or Jinger finally taking the leap to move out and get a job outside fundie land.

I so hope this is the case.

This is now EVERYWHERE, with huge pictures of him and some are not leaving out much of the details. Anyone who didn't know who he is before, does now! Its the top story on Yahoo, MSN, Twitter, Facebook, TMZ, Perez Hilton. TLC is going to have very little choice but to take action, it may just take their legal department a little time to do it right. At least FRC was smart and did it swiftly and surely.

Yup, I'm sure they had to take extra precautions because of Josh.

I figured that the whole "sin in the camp" rumor had some truth in it somewhere, but I never imagined it would be this bad.

As much as I hate it when Jessa gets sanctimonious or when Jill acts so blissfully unaware of real life, I feel fiercely protective of them right now. Even sadder is it's probably more protective than Jim Bob and Michelle ever were regarding this incident.

I wonder if Jana was one of the molested sisters and if so if that is why she was so often sent to Journey to the heart and perhaps since she was older during the molestation and she understood somewhat the damage it was doing to her. Perhaps this is why she so often seems so sad. Even when she smiles she seems so sad.

I feel so bad for all of them. I really hope they get proper therapy.

It breaks my heart that these girls have been made to feel they are responsible for men's actions their whole lives when they are victims. Horrid. I hope Jim Bob and Michelle's lives are ruined. I don't wish anything bad on the kids - even Josh, honestly, assuming all of this really did end in his teens. Michelle and Jim Bob need to pay for the damage they've done to these children.

Can anyone refresh us on where "sin in the camp" came from?

I'm really upset by the idea that they still trusted their child molester son to babysit their kids. No, I'm fucking pissed. Their job is to keep their minor children safe. SO much rage! Also, the M kids will now eventually know what their father did. Hey, remember that time daddy lost his job for being a child molester? :(

I don't know if anyone caught this, and it's pretty minor, but the 'family friend' who wrote the original letter and stuck it in a book was apparently a male. Page 15 of the report.

Supposedly Josh's 'treatment program' in Little Rock was run by a guy named Harold Walker. I wonder if anyone can dig anything up on him.

There's also something pretty bizarre in the report, before the interviews. I don't want to call it an inconsistency, but it's strange. According to Jim Bob, he and his church decided to contact the police about Josh AFTER Josh had returned from his treatment. BUT earlier in the report the Duggars insist that after Josh returned from the treatment, there were no further problems. Why would they contact the police after he'd already come back?

There is more to this story. No doubt. I don't know what it is, but this is only the surface. I'm not saying Josh did anything else, but there's a lot we're not hearing about.

My reading of the police report is that Josh and JB were requested by the police to come for an interview.

When did Mary and a Grandpa Duggar move into the TTH? I wonder if they moved in because grandpa was sick, or because Grandma wanted to keep a close eye on the girls (and her disgusting eldest grandson). Maybe she stayed after grandpa died because ssh wanted to be near the girls?

Any chances of 19KAC being cancelled after this?

What makes this worse is that the victims were probably told it was their fault or something similar. Ugh.

Hopefully one upside of this becoming public is them being inundated with the knowledge that NONE of this is their fault, regardless of what their stupid parents and upbringing told them at the time.

I hope against hope that the free Duggar girls (aka the married ones), do some googling for abuse survivor resources and can find some legit help that way, even if they never seek therapy or legal consequences for Josh.

I truly believe Anna didn't know. I cannot imagine Mr. Keller walking her down the aisle to Josh knowing that he molested his sisters.

I don't really have difficulty believing she knew and that her dad knew, especially since they are saying they did. Welcome to the dark side of Gothard beliefs, abuse gets glossed over and downplayed on a regular basis. It is presented as a "mistake" and it will all be okay once he can get married and have all the sex he wants. Anna being raised in ATI, probably didn't even think to question it. I doubt the Kellers did either. Josh repented, turned to God, everything is fine according to ATI.

I really, really hope that this causes people to start looking at what the Duggars really believe and seeing that it isn't pretty, wholesome, or what most would consider family values.

I wonder if Jill and Derick's big announcement illuded to for next season is them with Izzy moving far from JB and Michelle/Josh.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was Derrick, if Jill was one of the sisters who was molested. You don't forget molestation like that, and sometimes someone else touching you that way can trigger those memories. She probably told him about it.

I don't think it would have been Ben. Ben and Jessa rely too much on the Duggar fame train for their livelihood.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned as this thread is moving at lightning speed, but sexual abuse also often comes up in relation to pregnancy and childbirth. It's a very important thing to work through, when pregnant, because a history of sexual abuse can be a huge issue during labor and birth when overwhelming (often unpleasant/painful) sensations that one has no control over happen and it can trigger some serious flashbacks and PTSD episodes.

That's what really strikes me about the timing.

I know several people have speculated that Jill was not molested because she seems so upbeat all the time. It may just be that the way Jill has handled it was to become a 'better' christian and to always act happy in bad situations.

Archived