IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

So 2 consenting adults of the same sex choosing to have a relationship is not worthy of God, but molesting your sisters' and asking for forgiveness is okay? UNREAL.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was stated and shown on the show many times that Jill cooked dinner.

The lap-storybook incident, I thought the child was reading the book? To me, that points to Jinger, not Joy.

The unnamed non-Duggar victim hadn't seen Josh since the incident.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, please)

Those Facebook comments are disgusting. Acting like its no big deal. The fact that he continued living in the home is the part I find the worst. If they had sent him to live with a family member or treatment facility, I'd feel differently. If they didn't act like women were the reason for men's lust, I'd feel different.

I wonder if these people would be supporting a single, minority woman on welfare keeping a child who is molesting siblings in their home. I think not. It's be all the liberals' fault.

If he'd been sent away and received actual, real counseling, along with the girls. Instead they got JTTH and manual labor. WTF.

Imagine what the leghumpers would say if Octomom had this kind of situation. They'd be screeching a different tune.

Any chances of 19KAC being cancelled after this?

What makes this worse is that the victims were probably told it was their fault or something similar. Ugh.

I feel kind of terrible that the victims have been so publicly identified.

I feel kind of terrible that the victims had to live in the same house as and see their molester on a daily basis.

Thoughts:

WTF ARE THEY DOING SENDING JANA TO DC ALL THE TIME! HOLY SHIT WHAT SHITTY PARENTING! I'm gonna continue my assumption that Jana is a not-so-secret badass and they all know not to fuck with her because otherwise...

How much of this did Anna really know and understand? How much did Derek and Ben get told before the wedding? How much were they told before all this came out? They both drive me crazy, but I can see them both getting upset that their "women" were hurt.

General observation, but WHY do people defend these actions? I saw people defending Lena Dunham after she admitted to essentially molesting her sister. THIS IS NOT AN OK THING!

Of course, all my concern is to the victims, but I do feel bad for Josh too. It's sad that he was raised in a situation that allows such abuse to be seen as normal. It can happen in any family, but it could have been handled in such a better way.

I feel kind of terrible that the victims had to live in the same house and see their molester on a daily basis.

They did, they aren't currently.

I just hate that now everyone knows they were molested by their brother. Especially the youngest ones, like Joy.

This got me thinking about Jana's trips to help take care of Josh's kids. Is it possible she has been doing this because she is worried about McKynzie alone with Josh. Ug, so disgusted. There is so many things about Jana that I'm rethinking in my mind. I don't even want to write them here because its so appalling but the thought of her being abused and then basically trapped forever in that family based on their beliefs makes me want to cry.

Maybe they're waiting it out, seeing what the backlash is like and what their sponsors do?

Just tuned it in to see what's showing. It's one of the early specials. You know, when Josh was about 13. No kidding. LIttle Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger in frumpers. My heart breaks for the girls.

I posting a come back to previous posting when I got an alert that it has been locked, and now there is a response from Josh. I was wondering why I did not see his pic on FRC anymore. Oh, well. :nothing:

The lap-storybook incident, I thought the child was reading the book? To me, that points to Jinger, not Joy.

My heart is shattered for the victims here. This is unreal, I hoped this was all a stupid rumor. Screw you Michelle and Jim Bob for allowing Josh to "pray" this away!!! And SCREW those DAMN leghumpers on Facebook and elsewhere! Just SCREW YOU. I am so angry.

Those Facebook comments are disgusting. Acting like its no big deal. The fact that he continued living in the home is the part I find the worst. If they had sent him to live with a family member or treatment facility, I'd feel differently. If they didn't act like women were the reason for men's lust, I'd feel different.

I wonder if these people would be supporting a single, minority woman on welfare keeping a child who is molesting siblings in their home. I think not. It's be all the liberals' fault.

This doesn't surprise me at all. Many conservative Catholics, for example, believe that the sex abuse scandal was manufactured by the media. Either that or they believe that it was a "homosexual problem" and the victims were teenage boys who willing participants (which goes against the actual evidence, but who cares about the truth when you have a religion to protect?). I've read of the same thing happening in orthodox Jewish areas, where the community defends the abuser and shuns the victims and their families who dare complain. In the case of Josh, what is particularly baffling is that he admitted that he did it, but people on FB are acting like this is no big thing. Hopefully, those are just the noisy, delusional leghumpers. I think ordinary people are probably done with this family.

If he'd been sent away and received actual, real counseling, along with the girls. Instead they got JTTH and manual labor. WTF.

Imagine what the leghumpers would say if Octomom had this kind of situation. They'd be screeching a different tune.[/quote]

Or Kate Gosselin

Doesn't matter who was reading the book any more :cry: . The girl who wasn't molested was getting a GED at the time of the interviews (Jill or Jana). Joy & Jinger (& Jessa) were both victims, by process of elimination.

If it was a Ben or a Derrick or somebody similar who leaked this for the protection of the girls / future girls / wives etc. Good on them. If it is either Ben or Derrick (doubt it); I'm very proud of them; because finally someone did something for the girls / victims.

No way would they have risked their relationships with their new brides by bringing this up.

Does the law refer to young girls undeveloped chests as breasts? It has been a couple hours since I read the police report so I can't remember all the specifics, but I know there were accounts of him grabbing breasts- which I am not sure would apply to the 4 and some of the next youngest. Just wondering if it could have been both Jana and Jill,but not Joy? Or maybe he was just putting his hands other places on the younger ones. It is SO sick.

Thoughts:

WTF ARE THEY DOING SENDING JANA TO DC ALL THE TIME! HOLY SHIT WHAT SHITTY PARENTING! I'm gonna continue my assumption that Jana is a not-so-secret badass and they all know not to fuck with her because otherwise...

How much of this did Anna really know and understand? How much did Derek and Ben get told before the wedding? How much were they told before all this came out? They both drive me crazy, but I can see them both getting upset that their "women" were hurt.

General observation, but WHY do people defend these actions? I saw people defending Lena Dunham after she admitted to essentially molesting her sister. THIS IS NOT AN OK THING!

Of course, all my concern is to the victims, but I do feel bad for Josh too. It's sad that he was raised in a situation that allows such abuse to be seen as normal. It can happen in any family, but it could have been handled in such a better way.

I kind of suspect that Jana (and possibly Jinger) suffered the most abuse. Jana might feel protective over Josh's children because she's afraid it might happen to them too and that's why she's been willing to travel to help out.

I feel kind of terrible that the victims have been so publicly identified.

Yeah... In Touch didn't name names but didn't exactly cover that up. "The victims _______ live with their parents Michelle and James Robert Duggar" or whatever it was exactly. Also the timing of the incidents, and the conversations they had, and the lengths of the blacked out names make it obvious, unfortunately.

I'm still interested that Josh is listed as an adult though. I think it's clear from the length of word. If charges had been given, was he going to be charged as an adult?

And Anna - you stupid, ignorant bitch. Wow yeah like 10 points for defending your husband but do not brush these off as mistakes. Also, really, you heard this story and thought "Yes! Perfect man to father my children"

Like can child protective services please get in here and deal with this

This! Josh got married when he was what 20-21 ? Means 6 to 7 years still living in the same home as his victims. Travelling and sleeping on the same bus when they were going on holidays.

Hate to speculate also, but now something tells me maybe it wasn't Jill, but the other four. And the kitchen part makes me think Jill, too. Wasn't she always the one cooking? Jill is clearly the 'favorite' of JB and M, and Josh has even said something about her being a "tattletale" before, right? At first I thought Jana might have been the one not molested, but now I'm not sure. I can see this being why Jana hasn't courted/married. I think it would be interesting to go back and watch some of the shows where Josh met Ben and Derick for the first time. Could be telling by how he acts around those two. And now thinking of how the older girls really seem to act awkward/weird around Josh makes so much more sense now.

*Picking jaw up off floor*

Honestly I never thought even Joshie would do shit like this.

How dare he gets to live a normal life full of perks. He is a sex offender and should be on a register.

Anna and her family are stupid for allowing this marriage.

Don't any of these families want to protect their daughters?

The courtship rules make a lot of sense now. JB and Mullet don't trust their kids because of Smug.

Sadly, plenty of families with no sexual abuse past have the same beliefs as them so I doubt their are completely based on Josh's actions. They went fundie nuts long before he started molesting people.

I cannot imagine what the sisters and the other victim went through. Especially since they never got proper therapy. Anna is an idiot if she stays with him. What about their daughters? This is so sad. Boob and J'Chelle are just as responsible as Smuggar. MOTY my ass.

Archived