IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

4 of the 5 were molested. He molested either an 8 or a 4 year old (or both). :puke-front:

It was both. The one sister who wasn't a victim was old enough to be nearing a GED at the time of the police interview, so either Jana or Jill. My guess is Jana.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still want to know why Josh bought a house in Arkansas recently. Did he somehow know this was going to happen?

OMG! I just woke up to this! Holy shite.

As for the People article and the Duggar's statements... There's just so many things wrong with their whole attitude!! Argh! I have no words. Those poor girls, they need to get out of there!

A college degree wouldn't help him now. Who would hire him? Except good ol' JB, shielding and protecting his boy from the world, as always.

Plenty of sex offenders out there living their lives and presumably having jobs. Making them desperate pariah's of society is not helping them avoid re-offending. Josh had hardly any prospects before this due to his lack of education and general stupidity and ignorance. I doubt his prospects have changed too much, other than the celebrity part.

4 of the 5 were molested. He molested either an 8 or a 4 year old (or both). :puke-front:

I've beenoffline for a few days, and thus missed part one. I'm reading now, to catch up, but I'm just wondering this: do we know for sure it was his sisters? I'm just wondering because you are all posting like it is fact. If it is, I'm sure I'll read about it as I catch up, but I was hoping for an answer sooner than that. TIA.

This whole situation is making me nauseous.

TLC had to have known pre series. TLC created 17 kids and counting knowing this.

The police report was written in May 2006, 3 of the discovery health specials had aired, one aired the following month (don't know when that was filmed) and the final special aired the next year.

The police interviews happened after some of the specials had been filmed. There's no way that the film crews and networks didn't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_19 ... g_episodes (look at the air dates of the specials).

On the other hand- Anna's family does a full time prison ministry. I know I have read before that they have even tried to help people who were getting out of prison get back on their feet. They may be all about second chances- which is admirable but super scary when you have umpteen children running around.

This could make sense, especially if they thought Josh had really gone to God and begged for forgiveness, plus spent time at ALERT. They might have thought he changed. And maybe he had by then. Maybe he hadn't had any transgressions. I so hope he got his shit together and didn't victimize anymore of his siblings.

But what bothers me is... This was 2 years before Josh proposed, when Anna was 18. I know that's young, but it didn't bother her? It didn't make him question his character at all? Fundie-life be damned (maybe that's easy for me to say because I didn't grow up Fundie), you can't be touting courtship and purity and saving everything for the wedding night when you've done this in your past. Anna had to have red flags, and yet she married him anyway.

*Picking jaw up off floor*

Honestly I never thought even Joshie would do shit like this.

How dare he gets to live a normal life full of perks. He is a sex offender and should be on a register.

Anna and her family are stupid for allowing this marriage.

Don't any of these families want to protect their daughters?

The courtship rules make a lot of sense now. JB and Mullet don't trust their kids because of Smug.

Notice how the statement didn't say the GIRLS received counseling, only that golden boy Joshie did? J' Bob and Michelle make me sick.

Try again:

We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing, and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counseling.

This whole situation is sad - for Josh to be a molester means he probably was molested himself - probably from little supervision and some other creepy fundy at church camp - his parents we know stifled his maturation - he could've gone to school, college, at least gotten a degree - I honestly can't stand Jim Bob and Michelle for what they have done to all of their kids - I watched this show hoping one would escape some day but never imagined this - smh here - so sad

No wonder he recently purchased that home in his hometown. It all makes sense now; he knew this disgusting news was about to drop. Indeed, he is the " sin in the camp".

This sort of reminds me of the V.C. Andrews book, Flowers in the Attic. When the older brother and sister enter an incestuous relationship because they are going through the hormone-driven teen years but they are locked in the attic by grandma, and so there is literally no one else to "experiment" with or crush on other than their own siblings. It was a very disturbing story, but you get the idea how it would be hard for a teenager to go through all the hormone changes without an appropriate relationship with a non-related girl or guy.

Okay so this is very different in that the girls were victims and not consensual at ALL. But I think this is the backlash you get when you keep your kids SO segregated from the rest of society. Because my first thought is, his own sisters?! Yuck! Who would do that? But then you think about how growing up, these kids barely had any exposure to other kids, being homeschooled and such. I think Josh probably had a very natural curiosity about the female body but that it couldn't be met in a healthy way through sex education (because I'm guessing, on a hunch, they don't get a good education in that area) or fondling a girlfriend who wanted it and reciprocated, instead he had no outlet and thus his sisters were put in harms way.

If Josh had been allowed to go to a school, even a Christian school, and express a normal, healthy interest in girls his age, and had been able to crush and kiss and cuddle with a girlfriend, this might have all turned out differently.

Don't get me wrong. I still blame him for his actions, but I think his parents are very unwise to limit them SO MUCH during those hormone driven years. AND you can certainly send your kids to school and still teach them to wait for marriage and not go too far with a girlfriend. I know this for a fact, because I was raised Christian, met my husband at 15 in high school, and we saved our sexual relationship for marriage (I mean, we did stuff but waited to seal the deal until marriage, if you get my drift). We're not fundies, but we value intimacy that way. I think there's something to be said for allowing teenagers to express and explore their sexuality and desires in a HEALTHY way, while still keeping moral values.

Plenty of sex offenders out there living their lives and presumably having jobs. Making them desperate pariah's of society is not helping them avoid re-offending. Josh had hardly any prospects before this due to his lack of education and general stupidity and ignorance. I doubt his prospects have changed too much, other than the celebrity part.

Well, I think this makes it worse for him. He doesn't have the sex offender label officially (no conviction) but very famous name and so he'll be remembered that way, at least for a while. Might be very difficult for quite a few years. But also there are people out there that have no idea who he is either...so... if he moves away from AR, it might help him, really.

...who apparently let this go on for SEVERAL YEARS

Not in any way trying to defend that despicable turd, but it looks like the molestations themselves happened within a relatively short period of time.

Also, something conspicuous by its absence in the statements; it doesn't mention that the victims were his own sisters? This wasn't addressed in the entire people article. Doesn't even have the guts to own up to the fact that it was his own sisters he molested.

Gah, I just can't. I've hoped for years that this was just a malicious internet rumor. Having it all confirmed is heartbreaking, not because I thought the family was perfect, but because I thought that, as shitty as JB & M are, they were better than this. This is really the lowest of the lows. I wonder if Oprah will make a statement.

That is really the takeaway here. Yeah, Josh did something despicable. But he was very young and had adults around him who apparently let this go on for SEVERAL YEARS with MULTIPLE VICTIMS. And then could still look their daughters straight in the eye and say, "men can't control their urges." Or "when you dress a certain way, you lead men to sin."

Because guess what made Josh molest them? Not their clothes. Not their actions. Nothing. He did it because he wanted to. NO other reason. Those girls have just as much baggage as we suspected all along, unfortunately.

Where is several coming from? I thought it was one year before he was shipped off.

Well, Pa Keller looks and acts skeevy as hell, at least on camera. Ma Keller looks like she's been overlooked and ignored for at least the past two decades, perhaps three or four. And then Anna thought it was okay, as sheltered and repressed and ignorant as she was.

Holy crap. What a mess. Those poor girls.

Have you watched Priscilla Keller Waller's wedding to David Waller? Pa Keller makes David promise to give Internet control to Priscilla during the wedding ceremony. It was a part of his vows.

He should have said something to Josh other than just spouting off some crap about wine really being grape juice in the New Testament wedding account.

Well, well, well....the "sin in the camp" is finally revealed. The narcissism is showing. He would ruin HIS life, but doesn't give a shit about what he has done to those poor girls. Sickening. :angry-tappingfoot: :shit-fan:

I've been following this all day. Do we know if the 5 victims were all females or if one or some of the victims were his brothers? This whole thing is sickening! Curious to see if TLC is going to keep their cash cow or do the right thing and cancel the show.

I think Anna didn't know and is lying to protect Josh, as well as to justify her decision to stay with him and continue procreating. YMMV

Doubt it. In the show he talked about how he was broken or unpure or something like that and he was lucky that Anna married him anyways. That was always used as proof that he had a failed courtship before Anna.

His response makes me fearful for Mac and the new M-Girl.

It's not like he was just playing doctor with a sister his age. He was forcibly fondling very young children. And he doesn't seem to see any victim here but himself.

Not only would I never marry a guy like this in the first place, if I found out about something like this a decade later, I would definitely get away and only allow supervised visits with my children. He's sick.

And his parents are lowlifes for letting him back in the house without intensive professional counseling for everyone.

I've beenoffline for a few days, and thus missed part one. I'm reading now, to catch up, but I'm just wondering this: do we know for sure it was his sisters? I'm just wondering because you are all posting like it is fact. If it is, I'm sure I'll read about it as I catch up, but I was hoping for an answer sooner than that. TIA.

This whole situation is making me nauseous.

Yes, we have the police report. 4 of the 5 victims lived in the house of J&M. There's a question as too which of the 5 sisters who were born at the time wasn't molested. There's no question that 4 of them were. :evil:

I still want to know why Josh bought a house in Arkansas recently. Did he somehow know this was going to happen?

And I want to know why he owes the IRS $54,000 in back taxes in AR.

I think there's more to the whole thing.

This whole situation is sad - for Josh to be a molester means he probably was molested himself - probably from little supervision and some other creepy fundy at church camp - his parents we know stifled his maturation - he could've gone to school, college, at least gotten a degree - I honestly can't stand Jim Bob and Michelle for what they have done to all of their kids - I watched this show hoping one would escape some day but never imagined this - smh here - so sad

I don't think this type of molestation (assuming it stopped at groping) is necessarily characteristic of being a victim of abuse yourself. When very young kids start trying to engage in penetration, that is a big red flag. But being curious about bodies and acting out in that way is not super uncommon. Kids do it pretty frequently, just not when they're as old as Josh was, and of course we all know Josh was probably nowhere near the emotional and mental level of the average 14-15 year old when this happened. Josh probably was never taught a damn thing about bodies and sex besides "don't look" and "don't do it."

Again, as creepy as this all is, I put the blame almost exclusively on his parents. He was just a kid himself. They're the ones who did not handle it properly and allowed their daughters to be repeatedly victimized.

I'm starting to wonder if/when other networks knew. If Oprah/Harpo knew, then I'm sure other network executives knew. I understand why they wouldn't blow the story open, but they didn't have to promote the show. I makes me sick to think that so many people outside of the Duggar/TLC bubble possibly knew, and went along with the happy family story anyway.

Archived