IGNORED

Josh Duggar Admits to Molestation Rumors - Part 2

happy atheist

Wait a fricking minute! He molested his sisters? Where does it say this? omg omg, what a scandal. Those poor girls. this family is ruined. TLC will drop them for sure. :shit-fan:

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe this could be a political move or tlc move. Maybe Ben or Derrick had connections and released the info.

It was both. The one sister who wasn't a victim was old enough to be nearing a GED at the time of the police interview, so either Jana or Jill. My guess is Jana.

Correct. We have to guess between Jana and Jill because they're so close in age. Jana's sensitivity and actions that have been mentioned make it appear she would be the fourth sister. . . however, Jana would have been closer to earning her GED at that point due to her age and the sister that was not assaulted stated she was responsible for all the cooking in the family. So it could still be Jill.

Either way, how horrible for all the kids, even the ones who weren't born at the time. Michelle and JimBob really screwed their family over in so many ways.

You guys, it's OK!!!!!

Didn't you read the statement? They are all closer to God because of this. That is all that matters. :cracking-up:

I wonder if the Duggars' NW Arkansas leghumpers like Marjorie's family and the Queries will stand by them. Probably, since they were probably there when Josh confessed in church and don't care. However, I don't see anyone new falling into their orbit in the way Ben and Derrick did, and those two may take Jessa and Jill and fleeing the sinking ship that is Duggar Inc.

Any hope of Josh having a political career are obviously over. I agree with those who see him returning to Arkansas and maybe working with JD, although I too have noticed that they have never appeared close, despite being the two eldest males. JB can probably find Josh something to do in one of his businesses, but he will probably have to be behind the scenes, at least for the foreseeable future.

ETA I knew intellectually that "Flowers in the Attic" type situations often occur in these big, isolated families, but I never would have thought that it would actually happen to the Duggars. As bad as I always felt JB and Michelle were, I thought they would at least care enough to protect their daughters from abuse.

People may not fall into orbit. Or we may see a sudden interest in people seeking to court the 3 oldest girls to get them out of the house.

The fact that some leghumpers are defending Josh saying he was "just a kid" is disgusting, or that "we all sinners". :angry-banghead:

Agree that their r people that r supporting them. I wonder if this will effect his job.

Wait a fricking minute! He molested his sisters? Where does it say this? omg omg, what a scandal. Those poor girls. this family is ruined. TLC will drop them for sure. :shit-fan:

It's in the police report. It lists some of the victims (names blacked out) as living with their parents Michelle and Jim Bob.

Check out the police report in the locked thread at the top of the duggar subforum.

Keep in mind that Jim Boob was forever groping, dry humping and making suggestive remarks to his wife around the kids.

Not excusing Joshie - but what he witnessed his parents doing wasn't just seeing his parents being affectionate with each other - but his dad was pretty much putting on a sex show. If Boob was doing stuff we saw on camera what was he doing when the cameras weren't rolling?

That's a good point, too. He saw his dad acting like a total creep, laughing like an idiot while he gropes their mom right in front of them, like she's a piece of meat who's just supposed to stand there while he does whatever he feels like.

And the girls were still taught to "always be available." Uhg.

Good luck to TLC trying to squeeze another penny out of any old episode where Jim Bob humps Michelle or makes a stupid sex joke in front of his uncomfortable children. There is just no justification for how fcking CREEPY he is. My parents were physically affectionate and (uhg) I always knew they were still having sex and that they loved each other. THEY DIDN'T NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME. They especially did not need to TALK ABOUT IT ON TV. Or IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS. This family is a MESS.

This is a rude awakening for these kids. Maybe if any good at all comes from it, it will be a push for some of them to move out on their own and leave IBLP and the Duggar "business" behind.

And there is NO way they will be able to continue episodes with Josh, IMO. How are they possible going to cover him moving back to Arkansas (or whereever he goes) without talking about this, without him looking like a depressed loser with no job and no skills, without Anna looking like she's going to snap at any second? If there would ever be a spinoff with just the daughters, now's the time, IMO.

Yes, we have the police report. 4 of the 5 victims lived in the house of J&M. There's a question as too which of the 5 sisters who were born at the time wasn't molested. There's no question that 4 of them were. :evil:

Thanks for answering. This thread is moving ridiculously fast!

I just can't help but feel so sick about this, and how it was handled by the adults.

Filming in a small town around that time? People in town would have known that the family had big conversations with police, the gossip would have been about then. It would have been hard to miss.

I highly doubt it, but whatever...

I think the Duggars are going to try to spin this as a testimony. How men can overcome their lust, be forgiven for their sin, still loved by family, and become a Godly man in spite of it.

Am I wrong to think some of this - most of this, probably - could have been avoided if Jim Bob and Michelle allowed their children to go to a regular public school, or even a private Christian school (not that they'd be able to afford the tuition for all those children)? Just so they weren't around each other all the time, so he could have met other friends and different people and just not have been around his siblings all the time.

I just think so much of the blame falls on Jim Bob and Michelle, too, in that they didn't protect their daughters like they should have.

I'm not sure it could have been avoided. But, sex education, not making sex the forbidden fruit, allowing them to have friends outside of ATI, allowing them to have lives outside of the family, etc could have definitely helped. They wouldn't have needed traditional schools for that, but they would have needed better, more involved parents.

They would only have known if they went looking for it or someone told them. Not likely that they would have been doing background checks on the Duggars' minor children, and it isn't likely that JB & M told them, so I doubt they knew.

Even if TLC didn't know from the beginning, I have a hard time believing they just found out recently. I feel same assuming Oprah or her people contacted TLC.

You guys, it's OK!!!!!

Didn't you read the statement? They are all closer to God because of this. That is all that matters. :cracking-up:

I'm sorry... but if needing to allow my son to freakin' molest my daughters and cover it up is how I'm supposed to get in to heaven, I'll be running screaming in the other direction.

Pretty sure God is gonna doom them to all the shit jobs in purgatory now.

The People statement is just awful ... No mention of the girls / victims, it's all about Josh/JB/Mullet/how close to god our family is etc. Poor girls, going through that and then not even being recognized as victims ... I have lost all the little respect I had for the J'parents ...

I really hope the married girls' in laws will step in and help them go through this / acknowledge that they are not responsible ... At least those two have somewhere to reach for help ...

Has the FRC link been posted? http://www.frc.org/ FRC Statement on Josh Duggar Resignation

Washington, D.C. - Family Research Council President Tony Perkins released the following statement regarding the resignation of Josh Duggar:

"Today Josh Duggar made the decision to resign his position as a result of previously unknown information becoming public concerning events that occurred during his teenage years.

"Josh believes that the situation will make it difficult for him to be effective in his current work. We believe this is the best decision for Josh and his family at this time. We will be praying for everyone involved," concluded Perkins.

In other words, "We fired his ass as soon as we heard the news".

Over to you, TLC.

I think the Duggars are going to try to spin this as a testimony. How men can overcome their lust, be forgiven for their sin, still loved by family, and become a Godly man in spite of it.

LOL. They might try. But they will fail.

The Duggars don't know how to talk about sex without sounding weird and out of touch as is. The more they try to talk about a serious issue like sexual abuse, the deeper the hole they dig. People are not going to be satisfied with "...but it brought us closer to God!"

...and his own parents sat there during this last episode listening to Josh spew his ego thoughts about what the next Duggar "news" towards his sisters would be and knowing what horrific news was about to break. Shame on Anna and her parents, too.

God, they better not make this a part of their speaking segment. "And now here's our favorite son, Josh, here to testify that even the lowest scum of the earth can be saved."

HOLY SHIT! I just saw this come up on my facebook feed. This is HUGE! SO much for his political aspirations. Also, I cannot believe leg humpers are fucking DEFENDING this sleezebag.

I KNOW!!!!! So many people on the People article: "He was just a teenager! All you people in glass houses throwing stones! Nothing to see here but a child's behaviour, move along people!"

WTH!!!!!!

I've been following this all day. Do we know if the 5 victims were all females or if one or some of the victims were his brothers? This whole thing is sickening! Curious to see if TLC is going to keep their cash cow or do the right thing and cancel the show.

The police report mentions breasts and vaginas, no penises.

Seriously, the more I think about this, the more I want to smack JB and M across their smug, arrogant faces. How dare they lord their 'perfect' parenting over everyone after covering up Josh's actions (and let's face it, likely contributing to his issues to begin with). And continuing to brainwash these poor girls re: being responsible for the actions of boys/men...!?! I just can't...

Correct. We have to guess between Jana and Jill because they're so close in age. Jana's sensitivity and actions that have been mentioned make it appear she would be the fourth sister. . . however, Jana would have been closer to earning her GED at that point due to her age and the sister that was not assaulted stated she was responsible for all the cooking in the family. So it could still be Jill.

Either way, how horrible for all the kids, even the ones who weren't born at the time. Michelle and JimBob really screwed their family over in so many ways.

But if 4 sisters ... and one of the oldest two wasn't ... does this mean 4 yo Joy?? This is even more horrible. I just can't.

If it was a Ben or a Derrick or somebody similar who leaked this for the protection of the girls / future girls / wives etc. Good on them. If it is either Ben or Derrick (doubt it); I'm very proud of them; because finally someone did something for the girls / victims.

Archived